Visa - Work permit question

Hello,

This is my situation:

I'm getting married. My wife is Thai and she lives in BKK. I'm Swiss. We are starting a business between Thailand and my country. We open a company in BKK, my wife is the manager and I'm her employee. We will be traveling between our 2 worlds and spending time in both places.

When I'm in Thailand, I need a visa, and a work permit.

Now what is the best way to do that?

Thank you :o

Hello,

This is my situation:

I'm getting married. My wife is Thai and she lives in BKK. I'm Swiss. We are starting a business between Thailand and my country. We open a company in BKK, my wife is the manager and I'm her employee. We will be traveling between our 2 worlds and spending time in both places.

The basics are...

Get a non immigrant visa in your home country before you arrive. Our company can sponsor you, if needed.

After you get married, you set up a Thai Limited company or Thai Limited Partnership( in very few situations a LP is ok like a bookstore, as your wife will have unlimited liability) for one million Baht registered capital ( 2 million Baht if its foreign owned" and get a wp( no Thai employees needed.)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

02-642-0213

howmuch registered Cap up front for that and would that work for gay couples (ie not able to marry?)

One million Baht as they are married.

Two million Baht if they are not married.

The one million Baht criteria does not count towards a same-sex couple.

The registered paid-up capital can be cash or non-cash and must have 25% paid up within 60 days of the company formed. Since August 15th, 100% of the money must be shown in the bank account for the Thais if they invested in the shares with cash and you are getting a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my situation:

The basics are...

Get a non immigrant visa in your home country before you arrive. Our company can sponsor you, if needed.

After you get married, you set up a Thai Limited company or Thai Limited Partnership( in very few situations a LP is ok like a bookstore, as your wife will have unlimited liability) for one million Baht registered capital ( 2 million Baht if its foreign owned" and get a wp( no Thai employees needed.)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

02-642-0213

If a company is a consultancy firm, how many work permits can be issued without Thai employees, and with only 2M registered capital?

• 2 weeks later...

Our situation is much the same.....except already married and have non-B visa.

What is limited partnership? And to what business can it apply?

The capital money does it need to be in a specific business account or can the account be a personal one in my Thai wife's name?

What are the rules then as for employees thai to myself?