Gutters

dubbplatz

Yep, it's normal to not have gutters, unless some part of the roof is right on the property line.

They are pretty inexpensive to add on later, if needed.

Most villages will get a visit by a man in a pickup selling gutters every month or so.. as a guide, galvanized Bluescope Steel gutters go for around 200-250 Baht/meter, fitted.

Edited by IMHO

I have gutters on the back of my house. The main reason is to collect rain water for drinking purposes and to use when the local water supply is dry. They drain into 12 ongs. I pump water from one of them directly into a second faucet in the kitchen and rely on submersible pumps to transfer water from the others as needed.

Most of the Thai houses around me have some type of guttering system to collect the run off as the water supply here is intermittant. The gutter might be pieces of bent metal roofing.

• Like 1

We have gutters and have huge problems with starlings nesting in the down pipes and in the gutters themselves. If you put them in, make sure the down-pipes are easy to remove and clean as we have to do ours twice a year. They get completely chocked with those nests.

We have gutters and have huge problems with starlings nesting in the down pipes and in the gutters themselves. If you put them in, make sure the down-pipes are easy to remove and clean as we have to do ours twice a year. They get completely chocked with those nests.

Yup, I made some simple wire mesh 'nest preventers', the birds now nest on the top but at least the downpipes don't block so often.

I have a long tube with a drain-clearing nozzle on the end that attaches to the pressure washer. Feed up from the bottom of the downpipe (wear your bathing costume, you will get wet) to avoid climbing on the roof.

• Like 1