Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

Used to be 4 bars, Scandinavian.

This is what's wrong with Pattaya. The beer bars, where you could sit and enjoy a beach view and feel the breeze are being replaced by soulless malls and franchises. Level them all, starting with the ceter of all evil, Central, demolish the beach road and extend the beach to the beer bars built on the vacant lots.

Agreed. I so prefer the local outdoor type of place. Fine and pleasant at night. You get a scent of being by the sea. I used to really like Soi 7 and Soi 8 but once that other Eastiny went up and took a lot of space, yech. I was happy with Pattaya in 2004. Big C down by the old dolphin roundabout. Garden Mall. Carrefour if needed. Didn't need or want Central Festival, or the Avenue. I loved mid level places to stay such as Eastiny Place or Flipper Lodge or Hotel used to be. Don't want inclusive daily breakfast buffet. One I don't eat breakfast much and two I don't want the same thing every day.

for what it's worth, the Hooters here in Rancho Bernardo CA where I work closed. I only went once. Thought it would be OK for a beer, some wings, watch sports on TV for a bit. Lousy choice of beers, waitresses were nothing like the ones we used to see up in Anaheim CA. now that was worth a lookie see. But, I am sure I will stop in and visit Hooters in Pattaya on my next trip

Russian lady workers? And what exactly is on their work permits that qualifies them to do something the Thai ladies can't do? Block more sun with bigger breasts?

Is that even a possibility?

I have no doubt that it could be approved for the usual reasons, and if they did have Eastern Euro ladies with big hooters it would be successful, as big hooters have always appealed to men. I don't know that women would want to go there and see a load of men drooling on their food though.

premium pricing but low standards elsewhere.

taken this afternoon

attachicon.gifjan 18 019 (Custom).JPG

Why are you taking pictures of shirtless blokes on the front deck at Hooters anyway?

because if i said i had seen it there may have been some doubt.

in an expensive restaurant it's not what i at least expect to be tolerated, and not something i would think most diners would care to see

i have no beef with hooters, go back in this thread and all you will find from me are construction updates pics, opening photos, but if i think something is not right i will draw attention to it. simple as that

Edited by striderman

premium pricing but low standards elsewhere.

taken this afternoon

attachicon.gifjan 18 019 (Custom).JPG

Why are you taking pictures of shirtless blokes on the front deck at Hooters anyway?

because if i said i had seen it there may have been some doubt.

in an expensive restaurant it's not what i at least expect to be tolerated, and not something i would think most diners would care to see

i have no beef with hooters, go back in this thread and all you will find from me are construction updates pics, opening photos, but if i think something is not right i will draw attention to it. simple as that

I used to play volley ball at a hooters back in the states. They did not care if one did not have shirt on the deck area after playing. This a very casual place to dine.

For those that can't tell the difference between Hooters the restaurant and a short-time bar and also for those that pursue a vicarious life through other members real-life experiences in Pattaya, there's a bar on Soi 6 with 4 'Hooters girls' working.

They don't serve hot wings either. I mention that so you won't be too disappointed.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Anyone remember all the comments made about Central Festival when it first opened? Never last. Would fall down due to poor construction. Over priced, no one would go, etc. It's still there and doing a good business

You cannot compare an American tiity bar with a shopping mall.

Anyone remember all the comments made about Central Festival when it first opened? Never last. Would fall down due to poor construction. Over priced, no one would go, etc. It's still there and doing a good business

You cannot compare an American tiity bar with a shopping mall.
Apart from the hastily renamed Teasers on Damrak in Amsterdam, when has any Hooter's been anything like an American titty bar?

i would think everyone has had enough of this topic bye now ,who really cares about hooters it has opened and it is a major flop ,crap service ,overpriced food and drinks and rude russian waitresses please moderators move this topic or shut it down

i would think everyone has had enough of this topic bye now ,who really cares about hooters it has opened and it is a major flop ,crap service ,overpriced food and drinks and rude russian waitresses please moderators move this topic or shut it down

Sounds like you are also talking about I-bar. Without the Russian waitresses of course but with all the eyesore box signs and green laser flashing over the bay.

A bit early to call it a flop. Amazing however how entrepreneurs can invest huge sums of money without proper market research. Thailand is such a difficult & different place to run any kind of business.

Another point: Why did the architect not take advantage of the beach location and create a view from all areas , with some raised open areas, different levels etc. etc. The inner & outer areas look like 2 boring large factory-halls, actually hiding away sit-down tables inside on top of all. With the money spent, a good architect could have created something much better, if not spectacular, that actually attracts people and pulls them in. Now it is a large box with and unpleasant large stage on one side etc. etc. Never too late to make some changes. Make this the fun-place it it supposed to be. Need to be turned into a destination, just too many options around for the run-of-the-mill and unfortunately a huge majority who will actually be too cheap to even frequent run-of-the mill and look for the plenty of bargain-places without any atmosphere at all. Tough days ahead in low season, which seems to have started January 15th. already. Best of luck! MS>

Edited by moonseeker

I am no Hooters fan.

But

Are you a glass half empty or a glass half full kind of guy?

Edited by fforest1

A bit early to call it a flop. Amazing however how entrepreneurs can invest huge sums of money without proper market research.

How do you know they didn't do proper market research? Does that mean first consulting the TVF Pattaya Central Planning Bureau? The Bureau only goes by "what's needed." Nothing has been needed in the last 20 years, so no Hooters. Anything new is destined to fail. Period. Hence no surprise that Hooters is already pronounced a flop. smile.png

Having visited Hooters 3 times now at lunchtime I think it has a good chance of success. How well is the question. If it catches on w/ the Chinese, as has the very different Hopf, then it should do well. Otherwise, so-so I'd say.

Thailand is such a difficult & different place to run any kind of business.

Another point: Why did the architect not take advantage of the beach location and create a view from all areas , with some raised open areas, different levels etc. etc. The inner & outer areas look like 2 boring large factory-halls, actually hiding away sit-down tables inside on top of all. With the money spent, a good architect could have created something much better, if not spectacular, that actually attracts people and pulls them in. Now it is a large box with and unpleasant large stage on one side etc. etc. Never too late to make some changes. Make this the fun-place it it supposed to be. Need to be turned into a destination, just too many options around for the run-of-the-mill and unfortunately a huge majority who will actually be too cheap to even frequent run-of-the mill and look for the plenty of bargain-places without any atmosphere at all. Tough days ahead in low season, which seems to have started January 15th. already. Best of luck! MS>

I thought about this comment today. I think the view's fine, nobody much cares if it's a box. Stage is OK if the bands are any good, as they probably won't be. At least the bar will shield the booths from the noise a bit. In fact the noise is and will be a nuisance in the neighborhood and should be strongly regulated if permitted at all.

I would have liked some larger tables around the bar, not just for 2. The roof's gonna leak in the rainy season. But the manager says they intend to make some modifications. Music wasn't too loud, and acceptable. Hooters girls do a little dance session during lunch hour.

The attraction will be the food & service & the wimmens. Fact is, the food's quite good for what it is. To be quite good, though, and pay for everything, it's gotta be rather expensive. Havana has the same problem, but it has the hotel advantage. Service was OK if not great. Sure beats Kiss anyway. wink.png Wimmens do look in shape (no comparison to the States, however) and have obviously gone through some training.

TQ is right up the street, so Hooters can be a warm up. In fact my friend and I adjourned there after lunch: fortunately one of the good DJs was in control of the music. So it was another nice afternoon in Pattaya. Think I'll stay. wink.png

Business seemed adequate during the three lunches I've had there, for a new place. Not wild about it, but I think the place is a worthwhile addition to our fine cesspool. I'll go back. I don't miss the beer bars it replaced.

So, we'll see. As champers once wisely observed,

Patience is a virtue and Geena is a punk rocker!

—champers, 2014-04-30 01:29:07

Yeah. Sheena, too.

Good points and nicely presented. Food, as I mentioned was good - better be for that price - and if the fries come hot the next time, I will be even happier. Still feel, a good designer could have done something so much better. Main problem, as told by several of the girls is the the staff problem, even with their good salaries and benefits. Agreed, Indians & Asians might turn out to be the main crowd, also I have seen quite a few long-timers (Falangs) when I was there. Also hope they make it, I wish the same for every entrepreneur, especially in this country with some very difficult hurdles to take and keep taking before success.....Good night for now. MS>

I really enjoyed the food but I don't plan to go back unless someone else paying or I hit the lottery. I enjoy reading the posts bashing the place even more, it amuses me how this place seems to bother people so much. I especially liked the one who complained about the noise of the band traveling to soi 12, as loud noise from a beach rd. bar is out of place for pattaya.

• Like 1