Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

A ++ place as well?

I remember everybody going crazy when Sunrise Tacos opened up and they were also plus plus and a bit expensive.

I thought Sunrise was okay but it didn't last too long although it might have done better if had been on Beach Rd and not stuck down in Jomtien.

I wonder if the one on the left was one of those drop dead gorgeous ladies 1baddat met. I'm sure they are not bar girls though, as they are to ugly to make a living in a bar.

12622158_589179901232178_605912147226599

The hostess that I was referring to is #3 from the left. Beauty is subjective thing and ones personal preference.

It is pretty sad that you would make a statement that they are too ugly to make a living in a bar. If they aren't to your liking, don't go. No need to insult ladies on a public forum. It's in very poor taste.

I would never go to a restaurant for the ladies anyway, contrary to you and others on this thread, as you make clear with your comments that is the reason to go to hooters.

One of the silliest comparisons I have ever read.

How can you compare the prices of hamburgers and fast food to what you get at the Hilton and Mantra?

And there is a difference to being a cheap Charlie and not wanting to be ripped off and getting value for money.

I can get a great hamburger with veggies and sides with good service fantastic views at Hippo in Central for less than half that price.

There's actually nothing sillier than comparing when you have no experience with one of the restos being compared and refuse ever to have any experience. biggrin.png And you've agreed 100% with the silliest post in the entire thread. I'm disappointed: I'd thought you were one of the more intelligent posters around here.

So you like Hippo, great. But if you knew anything about Hooters, then you'd be obliged to note that you can't ride any mechanical bull at Hippo and get a free beer! HA! tongue.png

Start a Hippo thread rather than just hang around in this thread to sneer and blow hot air. What can possibly be your personal interest? Nothing better to do, or just enjoy the sport of bashing, perhaps from some provincial motivation?

• Like 2

I wonder if the one on the left was one of those drop dead gorgeous ladies 1baddat met. I'm sure they are not bar girls though, as they are to ugly to make a living in a bar.

The hostess that I was referring to is #3 from the left. Beauty is subjective thing and ones personal preference.

It is pretty sad that you would make a statement that they are too ugly to make a living in a bar. If they aren't to your liking, don't go. No need to insult ladies on a public forum. It's in very poor taste.

I would never go to a restaurant for the ladies anyway, contrary to you and others on this thread, as you make clear with your comments that is the reason to go to hooters.

No.

1BADDAT didn't even imply that THE reason he went to Hooters was for the ladies or that he would go back just for the ladies. He gave a balanced summary of what he likes about Hooters: 500 baht for a decent lunch and a beer and friendly beautiful staff to talk to is fine by me. But of course I'm not a cheap Charlie. The value included DECENT LUNCH and a beer and FRIENDLY beautiful staff. A combo. Why's that a problem to understand? Me, I don't care one way or the other. Can't see why I should. Seems clear, though.

In fact, you're the one of you two who seems obsessed with the ladies and anxious to assert your superiority of taste. Why's that?

So you've told two lies. That was one. The other is that the girls (ALL of them) are "to" ugly to make a living in a bar.

Cough. The standard of working in a Pattaya bar is notoriously low--having a pulse is about all that's needed. The other day I saw an extraordinary sight: a mama-san was measuring the height and weight of all the girls working in her bar. And she'd brought bathroom scales to measure the weights! I watched as they each stepped up, fearing the scales might break at just any moment.

You must be new here and not get out much. Even back in 2009 in one of the DEATH threads, erstwhile member duchovny observed, "The girls in Pattaya are ugly compared to other places in SE Asia (especially Cambodia) and are getting too old for me. If I want a 30+ year old with 2 kids I'll stay home thanks." In fact this viewpoint has become one of the TVF tunes and is often sung in the chorus. Heard it just recently.

Why is this issue so important that you feel compelled to lie about it? Or is lying just one of your usual habits?

One of the straw men being busily constructed about Hooters to demonize it is that it's a beer bar. Hence we can complain that there are no bar fines! laugh.png And we're gonna keep comparing the girls to bar girls.

It's a restaurant, however, so you have to compare Hooters to, say, Pig and Whistle. No barfining the waitresses there either. Whose waitresses look better? Whose uniforms do you prefer? Hey--gotta have the pics!

No "spirit house" out front has ever been an issue w/ any of the many phony Brit restos around town. And any review of Hooters can't be fair w/o talking about the food from personal experience. Hooters doesn't serve fish & chips, Branston pickle, pickled beetroot, Marmite, proper pig scratchings, "pies," etc.--now that's an objective fact that nobody's mentioned, for some reason, and Brits can properly whinge about that. And all can agree to stay away and that, lol, nothing further need be said.

In short, why make up nonsense and false comparisons when you can come up with something valid?

Happened to walk by Hooters today, BTW, and business seemed pretty good. Lemme preempt, I know this forum: WAIT TILL LOW SEASON!!!

You should write a book man, not that I should read it even if I got it for free, but it would maybe temper you self importance feelings.

I'm really not interested what someone said on this forum in 2009, but it shows that you really have too much time on your hands.

The biggest mistake 1Baddat made was when he mentioned the words " decent lunch " and " hooters " in one and the same sentence.

I guess you must be American if you consider that a decent meal can be had at a junk food joint.

How can you compare the prices of hamburgers and fast food to what you get at the Hilton and Mantra?

And there is a difference to being a cheap Charlie and not wanting to be ripped off and getting value for money.

I can get a great hamburger with veggies and sides with good service fantastic views at Hippo in Central for less than half that price.

There's actually nothing sillier than comparing when you have no experience with one of the restos being compared and refuse ever to have any experience. biggrin.png And you've agreed 100% with the silliest post in the entire thread. I'm disappointed: I'd thought you were one of the more intelligent posters around here.

So you like Hippo, great. But if you knew anything about Hooters, then you'd be obliged to note that you can't ride any mechanical bull at Hippo and get a free beer! HA! tongue.png

Start a Hippo thread rather than just hang around in this thread to sneer and blow hot air. What can possibly be your personal interest? Nothing better to do, or just enjoy the sport of bashing, perhaps from some provincial motivation?

Sorry didn't know this thread was reserved for lovers and promoters of Hooters.

I have seen the menu and I have read a few reviews and looked at the prices and that is enough for me.

I mean we are not talking fine dining or some amazing experience here. And it may come as a surprise to you but you also don't have to try everything to know it isn't any good or doesn't appeal to you.

You seem to think that it is an attack on America or something because we are criticising an American franchise. I don't understand why you are so sensitive. A crap overpriced tacky fast food joint should be criticised IMHO.

And who is starting a Hippo thread the original poster was comparing The Mantra and Hilton with Hooters excuse me at least my comparison was a chain food joint that served hamburgers much closer than the original poster.

Sorry didn't know this thread was reserved for lovers and promoters of Hooters.

I have seen the menu and I have read a few reviews and looked at the prices and that is enough for me.

I mean we are not talking fine dining or some amazing experience here. And it may come as a surprise to you but you also don't have to try everything to know it isn't any good or doesn't appeal to you.

You seem to think that it is an attack on America or something because we are criticising an American franchise. I don't understand why you are so sensitive. A crap overpriced tacky fast food joint should be criticised IMHO.

And who is starting a Hippo thread the original poster was comparing The Mantra and Hilton with Hooters excuse me at least my comparison was a chain food joint that served hamburgers much closer than the original poster.

If you really want to convince me (and I do like a good burger) then feel free to invite me out your shout anytime.

Multiple off topic bickering posts removed, please stop with the attacks and stick to the facts.

23 pages with nary a post removed then all of a sudden we get all this acrimony.

For the benefit of everyone please stop it, thank you.

Just back from another visit. 18.00 - 20.00

Pleasant, mixed crowd. Staff getting the routine. Food good. DJ playing good sounds and animating with reasonable volume.

Keep going HOOTERS......Getting better & better! Bring in a good house-band, with a good singer. Many people will come back for good music

literally on the beach!

Heading back to 49 baht beer on Bouakao now, need my daily dose of dust and car fumes & missing the shirtless male hooters.....:-) Just kidding..... Good night wink.png MS>

Sounds like a well balanced fun evening. Cheers!

Not been to the one in Patts but been to the one in BKK in Soi 15...

The girls working there really were clueless. They were laying it on really thick with the flirting, to the point it was embarrassing.

Go to a Hooters in the US, you'll usually get a nicely stacked, reasonably smart girl who you can have a laugh and a joke with - but there's no flirting.

Here it's just some dumb ex-bar girl who thinks that she can give you a few looks back as she walks away and that you'll somehow buy that she likes you. It's useless.

One big reason you can have a laugh and joke w/ the girls in the US Hooters is that you both speak the same language. If you spoke Thai well, you could probably have more of a similar experience here. Thais love laughing and joking around. Sure beats working. wink.png But in both venues, the girls are in fact working and doesn't everyone know that? Outside of Hooters USA, they might well not give you the time of day. BTW, my friends and I didn't feel the Pattaya Hooters girls were flirting, particularly. We did all the flirting, and they actually resisted, nicely. They were friendly however--and that's part of the training.

I dunno, but I guess you don't speak Thai well, and Hooters here ain't gonna find any waitresses very fluent in English, so maybe there's some attempt to compensate. Another compensation is, in many cases, the padded bras and boob jobs. Which ain't so bad. I do mind the nose jobs on some of them. Ironically the few who might need a nose job don't have one.

So far, though, all considered, I still prefer being served by the Hooters waitresses a lot more than by those at other restos around town. Be fine with me if for example Witherspoon's wants to follow the model. Have you checked out the waitress dance at MK Restaurant at lunchtime? Quite a difference. Anyone who has knows which he likes better. smile.png