Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

For me I won't read through 22 pages of Thai, American bashing about something as mundane as a H(.)(.)ters restaurant review. I have not been to the Hooters here yet but if anything like the other Hooters, then I will for sure try it out. Hooters is a very successful American chain. As an American it is just a fun place to go and have American food. My favorite in the States is the one in Honolulu (Ocean Terminal). Open air, close to the water. I hope the one here in Pattaya keeps up the high prices, keeps the cheap charlies away who are the real bashers and can't enjoy because of freaking out about the prices. Put a 300 baht water minimum unless accompanied by an actual order. The idea of attacking the girls looks, is just the sick mind of a very unhappy person.

Better still just charge a flat 100USD entry fee entitling you to a cheese burger, French fries and a beer.

That will keep the cheap charlies out of your gourmet US chain restaurant.

Go to a Hooters in the US, you'll usually get a nicely stacked, reasonably smart girl who you can have a laugh and a joke with - but there's no flirting.

Pedro. There's not a Hooters waitress in the US who's not into flirting. You just need to practice your flirting skills a bit more. Sorry, but sitting in the corner with bowl of curly fries and licking your eyebrows is NOT flirting.

... Have you checked out the waitress dance at MK Restaurant at lunchtime? Quite a difference. Anyone who has knows which he likes better. smile.png

Really? All this talk of workers dancing brings the memories of the Carrefour five o'clock shuffle flooding back.

For me I won't read through 22 pages of Thai, American bashing about something as mundane as a H(.)(.)ters restaurant review. I have not been to the Hooters here yet but if anything like the other Hooters, then I will for sure try it out. Hooters is a very successful American chain. As an American it is just a fun place to go and have American food. My favorite in the States is the one in Honolulu (Ocean Terminal). Open air, close to the water. I hope the one here in Pattaya keeps up the high prices, keeps the cheap charlies away who are the real bashers and can't enjoy because of freaking out about the prices. Put a 300 baht water minimum unless accompanied by an actual order. The idea of attacking the girls looks, is just the sick mind of a very unhappy person.

Better still just charge a flat 100USD entry fee entitling you to a cheese burger, French fries and a beer.

That will keep the cheap charlies out of your gourmet US chain restaurant.

Excellent idea!!

dance interlude as i was passing the other afternoon

attachicon.giffeb 5 012 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.giffeb 5 004 (Custom).JPG

I'm a little surprised to see the sign in the background with the cow.

There's already a 10% service charge on the bill. I don't know if I'd add another 15% on top of that.

there are plenty of funny signs all over the restaurant. Don't read into that one much. It's more of an American joke IMO.

dance interlude as i was passing the other afternoon

attachicon.giffeb 5 012 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.giffeb 5 004 (Custom).JPG

I'm a little surprised to see the sign in the background with the cow.

There's already a 10% service charge on the bill. I don't know if I'd add another 15% on top of that.

Yeah, but what percentage of that 10 percent goes to the Hootrons?

Went there on Wednesday around 3pm. I'd say it was about 60-70% full. We had some beers and the tex-mex nachos, very generous size. Not cheap though, about similar to e.g. Hard Rock I'd say. The service was fine, very quick, so it seems they've ironed out those problems. My friends who are visiting Thailand liked it a lot. So I just don't understand the bitter bashers who whinge about the place and predict doom & gloom. Live and let live!

+ 1, nice to see the place gets busier all the time and even nicer to see a nice mixed crowd in good mood. Well done. MS>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, well....Nice to see HOOTERS getting quite busy and doing all kinds of promotions. DJ & music improved. Food still great. Staff much more relaxed and better routine...Feels like being in a real holiday-resort looking across the bay at sunset and having some wing in nice company.

Congrats. A little heads-up to management. The 2 guards / doormen could use some basic training about how to present, stop smoking and sleeping on parked bikes & dumping their rubbish right in front of the entrance on the walkway or street. After all, these are the first staffers your guests see :-) All else just fine. Enjoy. MS>

Edited by moonseeker

I thought they were going to make it big time when I first heard they were building it. A perfect fit for the current tourism situation in Pattaya. I never understood the people predicting failure. Of course, I'll never go there.

Given the cost of food and drinks I still think it will be hard to be successful in Pattaya.

I believe Phuket and Bangkok are much more likely to be successful because you have more upmarket tourists and more expensive venues but Pattaya really has been traditionally a cheap Charlie destination and nothing I have seen lately leads me to believe that is going to change anytime soon.

Wonder how much hooters girl get paid. Waiters

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

A few months before they open they were running ads in the local paper recruiting girls, earn 'up to' 27,000 baht per month I think, a lot more than the usual 11-14,k in most retail jobs

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Went last night and the place was busy. Over half of the seats were occupied, and they have a lot of seats. The service was good and fast too.

So there you go Hooters doomsday theorists!

Well if only half the seats were taken I would say the

place was half empty....

I thought they were going to make it big time when I first heard they were building it. A perfect fit for the current tourism situation in Pattaya. I never understood the people predicting failure. Of course, I'll never go there.

Given the cost of food and drinks I still think it will be hard to be successful in Pattaya.

I believe Phuket and Bangkok are much more likely to be successful because you have more upmarket tourists and more expensive venues but Pattaya really has been traditionally a cheap Charlie destination and nothing I have seen lately leads me to believe that is going to change anytime soon.

Not sure if it is indicative of anything but I see a lot more red-plated, imported luxury cars being driven by foreigners around the streets of Pattaya than I do bums on barstools.

That are the CEO's of the condo buildings that have sold off plan and will never be realized.

Not sure if it is indicative of anything but I see a lot more red-plated, imported luxury cars being driven by foreigners around the streets of Pattaya than I do bums on barstools.

That are the CEO's of the condo buildings that have sold off plan and will never be realized.

Which ones are those, exactly?

They have no 'built' anything! There is no roof and no solid walls! Its a shell - a veneer- All fur coat and no knickers! But if people are convinced that they sell 'food' and 'beer' then at least we can be confident that there is a holding pen for the culinary uneducated and the easily satisfied tourist who ' wish they'd never left home'. To me it appears a soulless dump with all the character and gastronomy of a MacDonalds junk food joint..............There will always be impressionable uneducated Indians and Arabs and low end American WT to fill such places but it is not anything to celebrate. No Hooters, anywhere in in the world, promotes anything life enhancing - just the corporate exploitation of women and the promotion of rubbish food.

Ah, our apologist is here again.

How about Ocean one tower?Or try Abatalay Condominium, Bang Saray Ocean View Condominium, and Bay View Condo.Not enough yet? How about Emerald Palace or Royal view talay in Na Jomtien?

For your information, all named projects were supposed to be completed several years ago, have been racked in millions in deposits from "investors" that have never been refunded, and today the first brick still has to be layed.

Let me throw in one more for you,that should have been completed some 8 years ago. Suan Sawarn?

Let me know if you want more names, because the list is significant longer.

Ah, our apologist is here again.

How about Ocean one tower?Or try Abatalay Condominium, Bang Saray Ocean View Condominium, and Bay View Condo.Not enough yet? How about Emerald Palace or Royal view talay in Na Jomtien?

For your information, all named projects were supposed to be completed several years ago, have been racked in millions in deposits from "investors" that have never been refunded, and today the first brick still has to be layed.

Let me throw in one more for you,that should have been completed some 8 years ago. Suan Sawarn?

Let me know if you want more names, because the list is significant longer.

And they have foreign CEOs who are now driving red-plated, imported luxury cars around the streets?

Pattaya would be the last place on earth you'd ever see a Hooters

It would no doubt be over priced, 1000 baht for a steak so you could ogle at a few girls wearing tight clothes.

....when soi 6 is only a baht bus ride away, and you know what you can get for 1000 baht there

Pattaya DOES have a Hooters. Why are you speaking in a theoretical viewpoint?

Pattaya would be the last place on earth you'd ever see a Hooters

It would no doubt be over priced, 1000 baht for a steak so you could ogle at a few girls wearing tight clothes.

....when soi 6 is only a baht bus ride away, and you know what you can get for 1000 baht there

Pattaya DOES have a Hooters. Why are you speaking in a theoretical viewpoint?

I just read the first page, thread started off as a theoretical

LOL, there is a hooters in pattaya, just down from soi 12, LOL, on beach road

Thats kind of retarded, Go in there pay for an overpriced meal because the waitress has tight shorts....or walk across the road 700 baht for a BJ

• Like 1