Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

I am happy Hooters has opened. The more place the better for us, the punters.

I look forward to going there at some time in the future, when I do not know but like all the other places in Pattaya I know I will visit.

• Like 1

The hostess was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. To the people who commented that no beautiful women are going to work there because they can just get a sponsor or work at a Gogo, you are dead wrong. This lady was amazing and the rest of the staff looked pretty good as well. I talked to a few of them and they were pretty friendly.

Photos or it didn't happen. On TVF I see some drooling over some 5 1/2-6 Chinese-Thai "superstars", which wouldn't be fit enough to clean my toilet. Russkies aren't that hot, either.

Went there for lunch today. They had the parking in front all blocked off. I parked my motorbike next to it and some security guard (working directly in front of hoooters) told me I couldn't park there. I left it there anyway.

Talked to the hostess and found out they were doing the bike wash for charity there today.

The hostess was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. To the people who commented that no beautiful women are going to work there because they can just get a sponsor or work at a Gogo, you are dead wrong. This lady was amazing and the rest of the staff looked pretty good as well. I talked to a few of them and they were pretty friendly.

I ordered the chicken strips. They were great. 6 big chicken strips battered and fried perfectly. I got a pint of Asahi too. But they did have a buy one get one pint special on Singha. Overall it cost me 500 baht with the included service charge.

I left satisfied and will definitely go back. 500 baht for a decent lunch and a beer and friendly beautiful staff to talk to is fine by me. But of course I'm not a cheap Charlie.

For 500 baht you can get real food and wine - this issue of junk food in an American titty bar is not about cheap charlies but tasteless terries.

• Like 2

Photos or it didn't happen. On TVF I see some drooling over some 5 1/2-6 Chinese-Thai "superstars", which wouldn't be fit enough to clean my toilet. Russkies aren't that hot, either.

It happened to him whether he posts any photo for you or not.

On TVF we have innumerable self-appointed connoisseurs of the most refined, exquisite, and delicate sensibilities in every possible area; many will of course be posting here. A photo meeting your own impeccable tastes may not meet another's. And such is true on most forums. I've seen one commentard affirm that Kate Upton is a dog. Check the comments under your fave musician on youtube.

So no point in posting any photo that would prove nothing objectively speaking. Rather than sit waiting passively to be spoon-fed, go there yourself and see what you think. They'll let you walk around w/o buying anything.

I'm not a Hooters fanboy. But what's pretty clear is that, regardless of individual exceptions, Hooters does have overall the best-looking crop of waitresses of any true resto in town, best dressed. And their English is above average (the miserable average), with some semblance of professionalism. If it's ONLY beauty you're after, then yes you can find other venues doubtless more pleasing. Go there for that.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

So no point in posting any photo that would prove nothing objectively speaking. Rather than sit waiting passively to be spoon-fed, go there yourself and see what you think. They'll let you walk around w/o buying anything.

Meh. Since the main selling point is can-look-but-can't-touch, photos of the secondary merchandise should be displayed right along with the menu. In the internet, to spare the trouble.

EDIT: That poster in the thread falls into the 7 category. Not even close to what could be called attractive.

Edited by DrTuner

I really enjoyed the food but I don't plan to go back unless someone else paying or I hit the lottery. I enjoy reading the posts bashing the place even more, it amuses me how this place seems to bother people so much. I especially liked the one who complained about the noise of the band traveling to soi 12, as loud noise from a beach rd. bar is out of place for pattaya.

I too are having great fun reading about people winching about the place, +75% sure it's some miserable old bastard that is miserable all day long in the first placeclap2.gif

Please keep them coming and make my day. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Meh. Since the main selling point is can-look-but-can't-touch, photos of the secondary merchandise should be displayed right along with the menu. In the internet, to spare the trouble.

Duh. Facebook.

EDIT: That poster in the thread falls into the 7 category. Not even close to what could be called attractive.

And therefore . . . er, so what? We've heard your claim to the most refined, exquisite, delicate, superior taste with regard to female beauty twice now--which is your whole point. Got it already.

beatdeadhorse.gif

So judge beauty contests. Don't go to Hooters. We done? Next.

• Like 1

" .....which wouldn't be fit enough to clean my toilet."

Man, you must have a pretty spectacular toilet!

Anyway, went there myself a few days ago. The staff was friendly enough although with limited English speaking capabilities, but since TIT that's to be expected. Wonder why they don't hire Filippinas instead. Isn't the whole ASEAN thing a done deal now?

I ordered 10 chicken wings and they tasted fine but at 400 Baht they better. Don't think I will be going back as it's just not worth the money for me but unlike some of the grumpy gits on this forum I'm happy I have the choice.

• Like 1

Went there for lunch today. They had the parking in front all blocked off. I parked my motorbike next to it and some security guard (working directly in front of hoooters) told me I couldn't park there. I left it there anyway.

Talked to the hostess and found out they were doing the bike wash for charity there today.

I ordered the chicken strips. They were great. 6 big chicken strips battered and fried perfectly. I got a pint of Asahi too. But they did have a buy one get one pint special on Singha. Overall it cost me 500 baht with the included service charge.

I left satisfied and will definitely go back. 500 baht for a decent lunch and a beer and friendly beautiful staff to talk to is fine by me. But of course I'm not a cheap Charlie.

For 500 baht you can get real food and wine - this issue of junk food in an American titty bar is not about cheap charlies but tasteless terries.

What is your definition of an "American titty bar"?

There's no Champagne Room at Hooters here, there or anywhere AFAIK.

The service staff are pretty but fully clothed and not available for bar fining - so what's the point - might as well be in the USA - On another note - all the girls were wearing vile support tights like grannies wear to hold in their bursting varicose veins - there was no spirit house outside which just about sums up USA contempt for the The Thai people - however as it has 4 am Licence it may well be successful. Hooters provides soulless safe space in which for some people is a sexual ambiance but to me the place reeks of repressed American sexuality, bottle fed breast obsession, joyless culinary ignorance and a celebration of ordered sterility over life and fun. It is as big as it characterless.

PMSL @ the 'Spirit House' comment.

Some people really need to lighten up.

• Like 1

I think I just spend my 500 baht in a real gourmet restaurant, plenty of options in Pattaya.

I did that too. But a couple days later I opened my wallet and discovered that lo! I had another 500 baht. Which I proceeded to spend in Hooters on beer (got the 2-for-1) & excellent pub grub. Views were good, too.

Hooters I can watch anytime on internet for free.

Have you checked w/ your wife/gf and the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) about this practice? They all cool? wink.png

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

I think I just spend my 500 baht in a real gourmet restaurant, plenty of options in Pattaya.

I did that too. But a couple days later I opened my wallet and discovered that lo! I had another 500 baht. Which I proceeded to spend in Hooters on beer (got the 2-for-1) & excellent pub grub. Views were good, too.

Have you checked w/ your wife/gf and the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) about this practice? They all cool? wink.png

Wow. You had 1000 baht once? What does it feel like to be so rich?

The service staff are pretty but fully clothed and not available for bar fining - so what's the point - might as well be in the USA - On another note - all the girls were wearing vile support tights like grannies wear to hold in their bursting varicose veins - there was no spirit house outside which just about sums up USA contempt for the The Thai people - however as it has 4 am Licence it may well be successful. Hooters provides soulless safe space in which for some people is a sexual ambiance but to me the place reeks of repressed American sexuality, bottle fed breast obsession, joyless culinary ignorance and a celebration of ordered sterility over life and fun. It is as big as it characterless.

+1

I couldn't agree more.

However If history is any judge and given the success of lots of US franchises it might still be a winner.

Wow. You had 1000 baht once? What does it feel like to be so rich?

It greatly pleased my vanity to know that I was a hansum man.

Wish it'd lasted a bit longer but I take comfort in the thought that my riches all went for a good cause. :)

New Ventures always takes time and teething problems. I remember when Pattaya beer garden was written off for many months but you can't get a table there now after 8pm.

Hooters will do well but maybe needs 6 months or so

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New Ventures always takes time and teething problems. I remember when Pattaya beer garden was written off for many months but you can't get a table there now after 8pm.

Hooters will do well but maybe needs 6 months or so

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

The beer garden has reasonable prices...

Every thing at Hooters is top dollar....

• Like 1

I wonder if the one on the left was one of those drop dead gorgeous ladies 1baddat met. I'm sure they are not bar girls though, as they are to ugly to make a living in a bar.

12622158_589179901232178_605912147226599

But nothing wrong with their hooters , after all that's why they landed the job.

I wonder if the one on the left was one of those drop dead gorgeous ladies 1baddat met. I'm sure they are not bar girls though, as they are to ugly to make a living in a bar.

12622158_589179901232178_605912147226599

But nothing wrong with their hooters , after all that's why they landed the job.

Those are not real hooters, that's the result of the most dishonest and disappointment inducing invention ever; the push-up bra!

Slightly amused by all the complaints about prices when no one complains when they pay 1200 baht for a meal at the Hilton or 1600 baht at the Mantra, or 400 for the Sunday buffet at the Marriott??? Everytime I've been in the joint it is busy, so someone is happy? At any rate, with over 240 Hooters world-wide, the joint isn't going to go belly up anytime soon, even with all the local Cheap Charlie's crying in their beer....???

• Like 2

+1

I couldn't agree more.

However If history is any judge and given the success of lots of US franchises it might still be a winner.

So by your logic I should go to a Gogo bar to have lunch / dinner then?