Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

Lauren Hebden: Desperate hunt for missing British backpacker last seen on Thai holiday isle
yeR3o_lauren-hebden-desperate-hunt-for-m
mirror.co.uk — A desperate hunt has been launched to try and find a British backpacker last seen on the Thai holiday isle of Koh Tao. Lauren Hebden was on the island - where two Brit tourists were murdered in September - but has disappeared. "Missing Abroad" are now leading the search for 27-year-old Lauren.
UPraF8Mj_normal.jpeg
about 13 hours ago

RT @andylines: Lauren Hebden: Desperate hunt for missing British backpacker last seen on Thai holiday isle mirr.im/1ux35op

Just after David & Hannah were murdered with a hoe (allegedly), there was a Norwegian lady diver on Koh Tao who died after being hit on the head by the propeller of a boat. When I read about that the first thing that occurred to me was how similar the physical profile of a propeller blade and a Thai-style hoe must be. Both made from sheet steel. Both around 2mm 3mm thick with sharp edges. In fact, I would imagine that if you hit someone on the head with a hoe with enough force to kill them, then put the body into the water it could easily be accepted that the injury was caused by a propeller blade.

I wonder how many times "Struck by propeller blade" has been accepted as the cause of death for fatalities involving foreigners on Koh Tao...

From the above 'Best Daily':

While it has been confirmed there was 'no foul play' in the 23-year-old Londoner's death, those in search of sun, sea and sand will no doubt think twice before booking a trip to Kao Toh.

No. doubt. From Koh Tao Pub Cr awl 26 JAN 2015:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.834635146582733.1073742142.195259667186954&type=1

Just after David & Hannah were murdered with a hoe (allegedly), there was a Norwegian lady diver on Koh Tao who died after being hit on the head by the propeller of a boat. When I read about that the first thing that occurred to me was how similar the physical profile of a propeller blade and a Thai-style hoe must be. Both made from sheet steel. Both around 2mm 3mm thick with sharp edges. In fact, I would imagine that if you hit someone on the head with a hoe with enough force to kill them, then put the body into the water it could easily be accepted that the injury was caused by a propeller blade.

I wonder how many times "Struck by propeller blade" has been accepted as the cause of death for fatalities involving foreigners on Koh Tao...

Except of course, that she was hit by the propeller in the water while diving with other people, from where she was rescued by a boat, but don't let facts get on the way of a conspiracy theory.

Think of the number of times foreigners fall from the balcony in Bangkok and some other parts of TH.

Except of course, that she was hit by the propeller in the water while diving with other people, from where she was rescued by a boat, but don't let facts get on the way of a conspiracy theory.

AleG...well pointed out. I wish people would read the 'whole' story before commenting...!

It's good to see the mayor angry. He screwed up months ago and now he's paying the price. I can't seem to upload to this forum some screen shots of chat to potential tourists, but I am glad to have done my part in persuading friends TO NOT VISIT KOH TAO OR KOH SAMUI Some are quite unaware of what happened in September, so I am all too glad to warn them of its dangers. I tell them to come and enjoy Thailand, but stay away from Koh Tao and Koh Samui. They listen. Believe me, they listen. They go to other islands or just stop in Bangkok before heading to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. I tell them to enjoy Thailand, but don't step foot on these places.

I'm glad to have done my part in keeping decent people from those crap-holes.

I can't recall any sudden upsurge in suspicious deaths, or murders or suicides on Koh Samui. Please explain your reasons for linking it with that other cesspit.

Here's a message to the Mayor of Koh Tao

Put your own house and islanders in order first. Look at some of your dear local lowlife scum that publicly post photos of the Ghoulish antics and war weapons culture. Its not difficult to do, you obviously know who they are, why not ask them to remove this filth from their facebook pages. This is just one of the numerous actions you can take before accusing the British press of bad publicity which in my view is well deserved.

Hey as AleG will no doubt point out, these are nice young kids just having a bit of fun.

Put your own house and islanders in order first. Look at some of your dear local lowlife scum that publicly post photos of the Ghoulish antics and war weapons culture. Its not difficult to do, you obviously know who they are, why not ask them to remove this filth from their facebook pages. This is just one of the numerous actions you can take before accusing the British press of bad publicity which in my view is well deserved.

Hey as AleG will no doubt point out, these are nice young kids just having a bit of fun.

Of course! Nothing negative ever happens on Koh Tao! giggle.gif

Nobody informed the family that she died of natural causes - they worked it out and decided themselves as it is so obvious to them what her cause of death was!!

BTW I never claimed anything, I just stated facts and her family's opinions.

If someone drowns after a boat capsizes they still have to do an autopsy on the body.

Apparently someone did inform the family that she died of natural causes - I don't know who, probably some British Government official who was just passing on the information that he had been given, but guess where the information came from - your friends the RTP! Who apparently have now changed their minds yet again (What a surprise!) and are saying that it was a drugs overdose.

• Like 1

Nobody informed the family that she died of natural causes - they worked it out and decided themselves as it is so obvious to them what her cause of death was!!

BTW I never claimed anything, I just stated facts and her family's opinions.

If someone drowns after a boat capsizes they still have to do an autopsy on the body.

Apparently someone did inform the family that she died of natural causes - I don't know who, probably some British Government official who was just passing on the information that he had been given, but guess where the information came from - your friends the RTP! Who apparently have now changed their minds yet again (What a surprise!) and are saying that it was a drugs overdose.

They wouldn't dare speculate. If this happened at all it would have been as a result of direct contact.

Hey Mr Mayor

Look who thanks the British press for their reporting!

The New Zealand death notice for Ms Annesley said the family were "astounded by the interest in our lovely daughter by the UK press and all the messages of her achievements". http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11393168

(Christina had dual nationality, UK/Kiwi)

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

So the Mayor is working close together with the mafia on the island , and he is protecting a serial killer. Is that the conclusion of our Thaivisa detectives ?

?, I think the conclusion is the mayor was ill advised to make such accusations particularly when he didn't even name one single article or one single media organisation, just a blanket accusation of the British press with no examples given, in other words unsubstantiated.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

u a eithet specially behind you developtment. Still comments just getting more and more stupid.

u a eithet specially behind you developtment. Still comments just getting more and more stupid.

Thank you for your comment from one of the very islanders