BBC makes unlikely star of Bangkok airport immigration officer 'Capt. Jack'

webfact

BBC makes unlikely star of airport immigration officer 'Capt. Jack'
By Todd Ruiz

BANGKOK: -- A peculiar BBC series in which a camera crew hung out in Suvarnabhumi Airport and got to know its characters and ecology has created an unlikely star of an immigration officer.

Apparently Officer Jackrapong Permkamlangpol, aka Captain Jack, proved something of a sensation in the series’ first episode, especially the impossibly happy and magical music video he proudly shared “with the cyberworld.”

“My new aim in life is to be as happy as #captainjack,” Lauren Peel of Plymouth, England, wrote on Twitter.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/26/bbc-makes-unlikely-star-airport-immigration-officer-capt-jack

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-26

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with access to the BBC it was on BBC3 at various times latest being 03-00 26/Jan/2015 first one of six.

I will leave comment to others who have watched it (yes, I watched it all the way through), let me just say some people should not be allowed out of their homes, let alone into foreign countries.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It should be ban in Thailand.

I am sure the prime Minister Prayuth will agree with me too.

Nooooo.......I've never laughed so much at the characters, both foreign and Thai laugh.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nooooo.......I've never laughed so much at the characters, both foreign and Thai laugh.png

Should be required viewing for all expats complaining about life here in LOS. The Massive English guy with tank top and tattoos with his diminutive Thai wife goes to Swampy to meet his two daughters who look older than his wife. Some of the Brits in that video are plain embarrassing. No wonder the Thais think farangs are weird, as we sometimes think them the same.

For those with access to the BBC it was on BBC3 at various times latest being 03-00 26/Jan/2015 first one of six.

I will leave comment to others who have watched it (yes, I watched it all the way through), let me just say some people should not be allowed out of their homes, let alone into foreign countries.

It was a concise well argued presentation for the case for introducing the requirement to hold a breeding license in the UK.

Should be required viewing for all expats complaining about life here in LOS. The Massive English guy with tank top and tattoos with his diminutive Thai wife goes to Swampy to meet his two daughters who look older than his wife. Some of the Brits in that video are plain embarrassing. No wonder the Thais think farangs are weird, as we sometimes think them the same.

Not sure his wife was that young, but his daughter was one of the dumbest people I've seen on tv.

She couldn't add up 8 plus 8.

Literally could not do it.

Embarrassing, damn right she was.

Disclaimer: I've only seen episode 1.

Well, the general tonality certainly is nice. It tends to show the Thais as nice people doing their best trying to help tourists who might now all be worth the effort, but I have felt somewhat uncomfortable watching this.

First, it really reveals how helpless many people whose jobs are to help can be in Thailand, due to their poor language skills and lack of tools do do their jobs (can you imagine their office in Suwa without a fax?).

Second, nice and easy-going doesn't have to mean showing them as childish, up to plain laughable. At some point I really wondered if the point of this documentary was not to ridicule them. A female security officer whose claimed main purpose is to find a farang husband? and of course, Jack sharing the incredibly lame pictures and videos with so much insistence...

Edited by Lannig

Was really disappointed that the Rig worker was not allowed to exit departures, so that he could surprise his Thai wife by returning to his house in Bangkok unannounced.

Reckon that might have been the highlight of the serieswhistling.gif

Was really disappointed that the Rig worker was not allowed to exit departures, so that he could surprise his Thai wife by returning to his house in Bangkok unannounced.

Reckon that might have been the highlight of the serieswhistling.gif

Yep. Thought the same thing.

Not sure his wife was that young, but his daughter was one of the dumbest people I've seen on tv.

Indeed it was, and the amazing thing is these characters can breed, vote and are welcomed as tourists.

Bravo the Thais that had to deal with these morons.

This topic is about Capt. Jack becoming an unlikely star and it's already going offtopic.gif with members focusing on the foreigners of the show.

Please let Capt. Jack have his 15 minutes of fame.

PS Jack can i have your number in case i have any problems so i can say hi on my next visit.wink.png

Indeed it was, and the amazing thing is these characters can breed, vote and are welcomed as tourists.

Bravo the Thais that had to deal with these morons.

I like Paul, proper piss can!!!:D

I think this topic shows up the divide in Brit Thai relations.

If this was a programme about Thais arriving at Heathrow all the So called Brit wanna be Thai's on here would be saying how embarrassing the airport staff were and how miss understood the poor Thai travelers were.