BBC makes unlikely star of Bangkok airport immigration officer 'Capt. Jack'

webfact

Watched the whole episode thanks to post #5.

Seems to me this shows EXACTLY why some people should not be allowed to leave their home country.

When you go to a foreign land ...................................................please remember to keep your brain in gear at all times.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ching Ching... Peculiar sums up the programme.. It bored me, I travel through 'Bangkok' airport 4 or 5 times a yr and could not connect with any of the storylines..described as one of the busiest airports in the world but with no immigration queues..

I watched it. Dumbed down TV at it's very worst. Clearly the brief to the producer was to find the most obnoxious British tourists and the most bizarre Thai ground staff and use them for entertaining TV. Certainly made me ashamed of my countrymen and irritated me with the perception of the Thai airport workers, making them appear dumb and ignorant. As for Captain Jack, I thought he was great but how does this portray Thai officials as anything other than joke characters.

Watched it yesterday on Youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b76z_7driI

Thank you very much as iPlayer from the BBC is not available outside of the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b050glpb/bangkok-airport-1-the-airport-of-smiles

Please could you up-date me via PM for the next part which is on BBC THREE this coming Thursday.

Thanking you very much. wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

I think this topic shows up the divide in Brit Thai relations.

If this was a programme about Thais arriving at Heathrow all the So called Brit wanna be Thai's on here would be saying how embarrassing the airport staff were and how miss understood the poor Thai travelers were.

I have seen such a program on Heathrow with a Thai woman, hi si looking. She was stopped and found to have nearly 20k pounds cash hidden in her luggage and every time they found some lied that she had no more. They were about to confiscate it when she came up with her Thai bank books indicating she had withdrawn money not long before.

She was actually a "He",,,,,,,,!!!

Thank you very much as iPlayer from the BBC is not available outside of the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b050glpb/bangkok-airport-1-the-airport-of-smiles

Please could you up-date me via PM for the next part which is on BBC THREE this coming Thursday.

Thanking you very much. wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

Just download Zenmate to the Chrome Browser free and Click UK location.......Watch every UK programme live or via Iplayers

No need to pay expat tv or anything !!

A lot of people seem to be taking the rise out of the 2 fat girls.

You realize the film crew paid for them to stay in a top hotel and all their food and drink ?

Maybe, but take a look at the woman in the frame in post #98 in the yellow dress.

I imagine she has problems remembering how to put her bra on. Fortunately the Thais are very patient with these types of tourists.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It should be ban in Thailand.

I am sure the prime Minister Prayuth will agree with me too.

Nooooo.......I've never laughed so much at the characters, both foreign and Thai laugh.png

Making fun is not a licence to publish / broadcast anything you like.

European media still have not learn from the Paris incident?

Off topic by light years of geopolitical comprehension and education. But hey man, g'head, cobble this jive together if it floats your boat.

You realize the film crew paid for them to stay in a top hotel and all their food and drink ?

and they still spent £5.5K between them?

Most of left some good tips in them top hotels whistling.gif

I figured something like that, plus the father. Then they gave them a 'job description" and a script to appear terrible people. Have to give the masses something to make them keep watching.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It should be ban in Thailand.

I am sure the prime Minister Prayuth will agree with me too.

Nooooo.......I've never laughed so much at the characters, both foreign and Thai laugh.png

Should be required viewing for all expats complaining about life here in LOS. The Massive English guy with tank top and tattoos with his diminutive Thai wife goes to Swampy to meet his two daughters who look older than his wife. Some of the Brits in that video are plain embarrassing. No wonder the Thais think farangs are weird, as we sometimes think them the same.

Not sure his wife was that young, but his daughter was one of the dumbest people I've seen on tv.

She couldn't add up 8 plus 8.

Literally could not do it.

Embarrassing, damn right she was.

Indeed it was, and the amazing thing is these characters can breed, vote and are welcomed as tourists.

Bravo the Thais that had to deal with these morons.

I like Paul, proper piss can!!!biggrin.png

She couldn't add up 8 plus 8.

Don't be so scathing, as she is a product of the ( non ) education system as it exists today. They just teach them how to use computers and not their brains.

Plenty of Thai shop assistants that use a calculator to do simple arithmetic that I can do in my head.

Not only thai shop assistants....worldwide.....from managers to labourers.

Yeah. Because that is a 100% factual programme with no embellishment what-so-ever.

And of course Daddy left them alone to spend their own money. Now we work out they are so thick they can't add 8 + 8.

Do you think they are even capable of earning a living ?

Maybe they work for TAT in London.

Just download Zenmate to the Chrome Browser free and Click UK location.......Watch every UK programme live or via Iplayers

Thank you very much wai.gif for the info.

Have done it and kwon Kan see BBC telly. thumbsup.gif Seeing id working and great. w00t.gif

However when I click the Download button with the Iplayer on, No download happens blink.png Tried SD and HD, also re-booted cleaned my cache and history, same Nix sad.png

Win thumbsup.gif still Khun-fused after downloading all of what was asked, latest Chrome-me-zone and BBC I-players

The girls must have been from Newcastle. Very difficult for me to understand the Geordie accent. I didn't hear any "foul mouth", though..smile.png

Foul mouthed disgusting behaviour English pigs !

But probably just what the makers were looking for and 5% of those actually filmed, many of the others being too normal and polite to make 'interesting' TV.

Yeah. Because that is a 100% factual programme with no embellishment what-so-ever.

And of course Daddy left them alone to spend their own money. Now we work out they are so thick they can't add 8 + 8.

Do you think they are even capable of earning a living ?

Maybe they work for TAT in London.

They do work"make up girls" . So they can get working on each other anytime! Edited by kingalfred

Did anyone else notice that the guy who was involved in the car crash was driving a left-hand-drive car? (@11:30 mins on the YouTube video)

Do they rent such cars over here? wink.png

He was not in Thailand when he crashed.......go back a few minutes and he says that.....

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I must have missed that :)

Thank you very much wai.gif for the info.

Have done it and kwon Kan see BBC telly. thumbsup.gif Seeing id working and great. w00t.gif

However when I click the Download button with the Iplayer on, No download happens blink.png Tried SD and HD, also re-booted cleaned my cache and history, same Nix sad.png

Win thumbsup.gif still Khun-fused after downloading all of what was asked, latest Chrome-me-zone and BBC I-players

That Download facility never seems to work properly for me either even if I'm in the UK