BBC makes unlikely star of Bangkok airport immigration officer 'Capt. Jack'

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are gluttons for punishment, Part 2 was on BBC3 at Midnight:10 UK time this morning.

Not watched it yet.

After laughing my way though Episode 1, i found that Episode 2 never really took off. coffee1.gif

Bring back 'Capt. Jack' and those two 8+8 2 birds with 1 stone entertaining Brit ladies. wink.png

All I can remember is those dreadful foul mouthed fat Brit birds. Ugh.

and the fat Father seemed quite proud of them.

I am glad I no longer live there.

Capt. Jack? Yes he needs some kind of award for putting up with these idiots.

Western women seem so aggressive nowadays. Perhaps that is why western men prefer Asians ones. I wonder if it's because of Germaine Greer and her ilk?

Why did you have to mention that woman by name? Now I'm going to have go back on the drink for another night, when i was supposed to give up today.

After watching the staff at the airport on episode 2 they all seem to appear as immature kidults, constantly laughing and larking about, more interested in candy crush, their smart phones and doing each others hair than anything. I thought the big fat ladyboy was quite embarrassing telling viewers to say sawadee' ka' instead of khrap. Yes it's all smiles until they get confronted with a real problem, then everything changes. On camera of course they do their best, apart from the sulky resentfully looking tourist Police again, they clearly come out badly even on camera.

Edited by jacky54

After watching the staff at the airport on episode 2 they all seem to appear as immature kidults, constantly laughing and larking about, more interested in candy crush, their smart phones and doing each others hair than anything. I thought the big fat ladyboy was quite embarrassing telling viewers to say sawadee' ka' instead of khrap. Yes it's all smiles until they get confronted with a real problem, then everything changes. On camera of course they do their best, apart from the sulky resentfully looking tourist Police again, they clearly come out badly even on camera.

I think it showed the adults to be pretty much representative of most Thais. Slightly immature!

By the way. "Kidults" classic :-D

That poor young woman with the Tourist Police is dealing with a human zoo everyday. A zoo full of people who should never be allowed outside of their own country. Drunken drug abusers, on one hand. Incompetent, inconsiderate blowhards who feel entitled to treat the Tourist Police like their own private travel agency, on the other hand. I would rather spend all day with any member of the Thai staff, except maybe for the VAT ladyboy, than two minutes with any of those British/Australian travelers.

That rig worker is from Dundee, Scotland it shows...

I don't think Jack is working for the busy international immigration area. It looks like they have put him in the quiet part of the airport as where I've landed and been processed by immigration it is much much busier and larger than that little partition area.

The stamp Jack was putting in the passport was not a "Visa Exempt", was he doing the "Visa on Arrival"? is that a separate desk?

Edited by Basil B

I don't think Jack is working for the busy international immigration area. It looks like they have put him in the quiet part of the airport as where I've landed and been processed by immigration it is much much busier and larger than that little partition area.

The stamp Jack was putting in the passport was not a "Visa Exempt", was he doing the "Visa on Arrival"? is that a separate desk?

The narrator stated that he worked in the Visa on Arrival area. At one point, the camera pans around to the waiting area in front of his desk, showing a small room full of chairs.

post-124508-0-16895300-1422963440_thumb.

Just watched episode two. Wow........ Not really sure who came out looking worse,

the lunatic tourists or the wacky Thai staff. Is BBC scouring the airport looking

for strangest staff they can find ? That VAT guy was so over the top I wasn't

sure if he was a rough looking lady with short hair.. I think the BBC is basically

taking the piss out of everyone on the show.

Are you sure those were real Xanax, and not some pretend ones sold to him as real?

Goes to show our Ozzie cousins are almost as bad as us.

Yes, a complete moron. I guess they were 0.25mg. Even so, very dangerous combination and he was utterly clueless. "My Mum's a lifetime gold". Yeah, like 200,000 others. Cringeworthy.

The best bit is the hippies at 45.30 but that's only 15 seconds.

I watched Ep 2 and it was an entertaining show,

I just wonder why passengers get mad at the Thai staff because they screwed up ,

got drunk and missed your flight , blame it on the Thai staff

Thai staff helps but you have too long a layover in China ( that was fishy) get made at them......

maybe I am too old but kissing butt gets you much farther than losing your temper .

And if you took real Xanax like candy you would be dead , I hope his Gold Card Mom sees that and cuts his $$$$$$ off ,

you can see he is not able to control himself

Please post a link to EP 3 when you find one.....

Watched all 3 so far. First week a few not so clever Brits got 5 pages of stick.

Last week Drunken Aussies popping pills and missing flights. No pages of stick.

This week drunken Americans who lose their kids and miss their flights. Daft French who turn up with a invalid passport and several drunken Russians. No stick.

Maybe next week might be a few more Brits to rip to pieces.

Visa on arrival is a different part of the airport.

Disclaimer: I've only seen episode 1.

Well, the general tonality certainly is nice. It tends to show the Thais as nice people doing their best trying to help tourists who might now all be worth the effort, but I have felt somewhat uncomfortable watching this.

First, it really reveals how helpless many people whose jobs are to help can be in Thailand, due to their poor language skills and lack of tools do do their jobs (can you imagine their office in Suwa without a fax?).

Second, nice and easy-going doesn't have to mean showing them as childish, up to plain laughable. At some point I really wondered if the point of this documentary was not to ridicule them. A female security officer whose claimed main purpose is to find a farang husband? and of course, Jack sharing the incredibly lame pictures and videos with so much insistence...

Of course they've got a fax machine, they just weren't going to let Matt use it because it costs money to send international faxes. Local calls, fine, internet fine, you can use the printer, that's fine. Just no international calls.

Watched all 3 so far. First week a few not so clever Brits got 5 pages of stick.

Last week Drunken Aussies popping pills and missing flights. No pages of stick.

This week drunken Americans who lose their kids and miss their flights. Daft French who turn up with a invalid passport and several drunken Russians. No stick.

Maybe next week might be a few more Brits to rip to pieces.

It was the French girl I felt sorry for, her mother, what an embarrassment...