4.5 hours waiting in line for a 30 days extension! simply scandalous!

I had a tourist visa extended. everybody had to wait at least 4 hours(and this is every day like that) . hiring a guy to do the job for you is illegal as you must present yourself in person.

anyway something is wrong there, where all these people come from? it was not so busy before.

Edited by VIPinthailand

I had a tourist visa extended. everybody had to wait at least 4 hours(and this is every day like that) . hiring a guy to do the job for you is illegal as you must present yourself in person.

anyway something is wrong there, where all these people come from? it was not so busy before.

To your second point about legality, one word for you BS its not illegal to retain an agent

and by the way, I have been sent back home. I came 3 days in advance, told me to come back last day, last day they told me to come Monday when my stay was expired the previous Saturday making me illegal in the country.

all Sunday I was an overstayer thanks to Pattaya immigration' help which is a" federal felony "

too much is too much!

Edited by VIPinthailand

Pattaya

That is where you are going wrong imo

In December I did my annual extension of stay at Jomtien in under 10 minutes from the time I walked in the door at Jomtien, so I wouldn't blame Pattaya when compared to other places.

And as others have said, it could be much worse if he had attempted to do an extension at other offices. For visa exempt and tourist visas entry extensions, keep in mind this is still the high season for tourists. If he found a queue extending out to the street that suggests it's the quantity of people that's the issue.

Personally I wouldn't go in on a Monday or Friday or a day following a holiday and I would go in mid morning or early afternoon, not when the office first opens.

Probably take 15 mins in samut prakan.

If you have to live in an ex pat hotspot then this is what you have to put up with.

Sorry, but I don't see the relation between expats and this delay ??

Most of time (let say 10 months per year) it's very fast at Jomtiem (Pattaya) Immigration. smile.png

The problem is mainly mid-December to mi-February with many real family tourists who need an extension. Going there a Monday or Friday during these 2 months is a very bad idea...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you try to think that one person's slight inconvenience is a city's gain, you might get a glimpse of the big picture.

The more people extending, the more goes into the economy. Stand fast the 7/11 drinkers & balloon chasers.....................wink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you try to think that one person's slight inconvenience is a city's gain, you might get a glimpse of the big picture.

The more people extending, the more goes into the economy. Stand fast the 7/11 drinkers & balloon chasers.....................wink.png

I don't want to sound like a scaremonger, but longer time for Visa sounds exactly what happened to ED visa.

First the waiting time got multiplied by 3, because they were doing really thorough checks, to try to kick out some people.

They kicked out a few.

Then the waiting time got a bit shorter because they exhausted the document checking route and just started slaying in the mass.

and by the way, I have been sent back home. I came 3 days in advance, told me to come back last day, last day they told me to come Monday when my stay was expired the previous Saturday making me illegal in the country.

all Sunday I was an overstayer thanks to Pattaya immigration' help which is a" federal felony "

too much is too much!

simply scandalous ! it's just not right ..... now put your dummy back in ...

just get the Thai Elite card and forget about your problems .. !! no reporting ... no farang ... no issue ....

just piece of mind !! ...... coffee1.gif

• Like 2

simply scandalous ! it's just not right ..... now put your dummy back in ...

just get the Thai Elite card and forget about your problems .. !! no reporting ... no farang ... no issue ....

just piece of mind !! ...... coffee1.gif

YES!!! That's it! Rarely we see quality posting like yours. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

Pattaya

That is where you are going wrong imo

In December I did my annual extension of stay at Jomtien in under 10 minutes from the time I walked in the door at Jomtien, so I wouldn't blame Pattaya when compared to other places.

And as others have said, it could be much worse if he had attempted to do an extension at other offices. For visa exempt and tourist visas entry extensions, keep in mind this is still the high season for tourists. If he found a queue extending out to the street that suggests it's the quantity of people that's the issue.

Personally I wouldn't go in on a Monday or Friday or a day following a holiday and I would go in mid morning or early afternoon, not when the office first opens.

I blame Pattaya for a lot, just a personal opinion. I went to HH immigration this month on a Monday and it was pretty swift, as long as you get there around the time it is due to open you should be fine.

8am?

Get off your ass then and get up early.

I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any immigration/visa/renewal issue in Thailand.

Mind you, I have the intelligence to think before it's time to do these things and realise that 'oh my goodness, it's always crowded'.

Thought. You should try it.

8am?

Get off your ass then and get up early.

I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any immigration/visa/renewal issue in Thailand.

Mind you, I have the intelligence to think before it's time to do these things and realise that 'oh my goodness, it's always crowded'.

Thought. You should try it.

Yeah man. Never have to wait. It just doesn't happen. It's because all others are never right like you are (and the one with the VIP card). Right on!