UK tourist found dead on Koh Tao consumed Valium, alcohol

Lite Beer

A number of posts removed for flaming. If you are unsure of this definition then read the forum rules again. Most pertinent is

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Any more and posting suspensions will be handed out. Please keep it civil and on-topic....NOT on each other.

English girls and boys me feel love to try exotic races for pleasure and I see many of them like to get smashed before the session so the drugs may be in relation to the hunt for pleasure in the hotel room, if they could learn to enjoy without drugs and alcohol be safer for them but sometimes I feel they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples

Sorry, I know English isn't your native language, but "they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples"

And so say all most of us!

OH Realy??? So you see these people and they get drugs? So where do they get them?????? From you??????

I suspect more than a few people were confused by your statement, but even if it were only myself, I don't like your insinuation that I'm a drug dealer, and have reported this fact to the Moderators.

You refer to this statement made by the Thai press, obviously representing the Daily Mail?

"A British political activist found dead at a bungalow on Koh Tao last week may have died from her own medication used to cure her chronic sickness."

Aye - must be true!

A terrible thing. Seems the main focus here is Valium and Alcohol. Further thru the police listed Tramadol as one of three drugs found in the room.

Take a second to pop that into Wikipedia and see what you come up with. It is an opiate based drug to be respected. I used it 10 years ago.

My doctor proscribed it after surgery for an anal fissure stemming from Haemorrhoid issues. Pain after surgery I cannot describe. Doctor said if the primary pain killer 850 mg Paracetamol with 150mg Codeine did not work, only then use the Tramadol and don't leave home or drive anywhere. And yes I was seriously spaced out.

The lady had some serious combinations of drugs and alcohol available to her. Some as in the case of Tramadol don't manifest well in some forms of testing - read below.

Fatalities with tramadol overdose have been reported and are increasing in frequency in Northern Ireland; the majority of these overdoses involve other drugs including alcohol.[35] Recognised risk factors for tramadol overdose include depression, addiction and seizures

Most commercial opiate immunoassay screening tests do not cross-react significantly with tramadol or its major metabolites, so chromatographic techniques must be used to detect and quantitate these substances.

Lets wait and see what comes in the next few days and further testing.

I'm no expert, I saw the name Tramadol and remembered it to be a more serious substance than this thread seemed to realize.

smile.png

It's a pretty weak opiate, however it is rare within the opiate family because it is also an antidepressant which makes it even more of a hazard if you take it daily for a long period of time and then just suddenly stop. I have had it many times myself and this month I had to because I broke a few teeth. I was on it for 3 weeks and even that short space of time left me with withdrawals, I was taking nearly a gram a day though.

• Like 1

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

sorry but you cant O D on Valium even if you took the whole bottle, hospital pharmacist told me that in the states lol even if you ate a whole case you just sleep for weeks lol

A terrible thing. Seems the main focus here is Valium and Alcohol. Further thru the police listed Tramadol as one of three drugs found in the room.

Take a second to pop that into Wikipedia and see what you come up with. It is an opiate based drug to be respected. I used it 10 years ago.

My doctor proscribed it after surgery for an anal fissure stemming from Haemorrhoid issues. Pain after surgery I cannot describe. Doctor said if the primary pain killer 850 mg Paracetamol with 150mg Codeine did not work, only then use the Tramadol and don't leave home or drive anywhere. And yes I was seriously spaced out.

The lady had some serious combinations of drugs and alcohol available to her. Some as in the case of Tramadol don't manifest well in some forms of testing - read below.

Fatalities with tramadol overdose have been reported and are increasing in frequency in Northern Ireland; the majority of these overdoses involve other drugs including alcohol.[35] Recognised risk factors for tramadol overdose include depression, addiction and seizures

Most commercial opiate immunoassay screening tests do not cross-react significantly with tramadol or its major metabolites, so chromatographic techniques must be used to detect and quantitate these substances.

I'm no expert, I saw the name Tramadol and remembered it to be a more serious substance than this thread seemed to realize.

smile.png

It's a pretty weak opiate, however it is rare within the opiate family because it is also an antidepressant which makes it even more of a hazard if you take it daily for a long period of time and then just suddenly stop. I have had it many times myself and this month I had to because I broke a few teeth. I was on it for 3 weeks and even that short space of time left me with withdrawals, I was taking nearly a gram a day though.

Very weak opiate. Painkiller? Not in my book. Makes you feel better so you can tolerate the pain, but codeine works for me when over-the-counter painkillers fall short. But I'm not every sure you can get codeine here in the hospitals. I asked for it when I was hospitalize with dengue fever and my doctor blew me off. A caring friend brought me some Tramadol while I was in the hospital. Like I said, didn't do much of anything for the pain, but mentally it made me able to tolerate it. I was happily suffering. lol

I, like many others, wait patiently for the British autopsy to truly find out the cause of this tragic death. That being said, below quite clearly shows a mix that in my unprofessional opinion could prove deadly.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1422339832.545132.jpg

The toxicology report would provide the details necessary to determine cause of death. They're just not releasing it to the media, and why should they? When you run a toxicology report, it gives you the concentration of alcohol and drugs in the blood. A medical examiner could then rely upon that data to determine whether it more than likely caused her death. A British autopsy won't yield anything more, just as sending British investigators into Koh Tao revealed no new facts about the unrelated case the Brits keep yapping about on this thread.

Amen! I hear in that in Britain they now know who and what killed JFK...clap2.gif

smile.png

Very weak opiate. Painkiller? Not in my book. Makes you feel better so you can tolerate the pain, but codeine works for me when over-the-counter painkillers fall short. But I'm not every sure you can get codeine here in the hospitals. I asked for it when I was hospitalize with dengue fever and my doctor blew me off. A caring friend brought me some Tramadol while I was in the hospital. Like I said, didn't do much of anything for the pain, but mentally it made me able to tolerate it. I was happily suffering. lol

Usually you have to pay extra for that.

I read an article in The Standard (UK) which suggests her mother is now demanding her body be flown back for a full autopsy in the UK saying she 'feared a cover-up'. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here but a google search should find it.

The article also suggests Christina was an aspiring journalist. Given she was found at the InTouch resort, it's made me wonder whether she may have been doing some digging around...

Only speculation, of course!

• Like 2

smile.png

As you can see Tramadol is a weak opiate, however I never said that it is not lethal when mixed with alcohol and or benzos, in fact I said that it is pretty risky in fact.

post-216306-0-91103900-1422358471_thumb.

Tramadol is easy to find in Thailand, at least in Isan...apparently according to Thai doctors I have gout (yea a late 20's man with gout never heard of such a thing). The doctors were useless, so when it acts up, i head to the local pharmacy and pick up a blister pack of tramadol for 30 baht, 2 of em eases the pain a little bit....actually a certain green substance eases the pain a lot more but god forbid we try and find/use any of that, we would be called "druggies"

• Like 1

Dont want to make any conspirations in this case, but Valium and alcohol must be consumed in very very very high doses to be lethal.

On what basis do you make this statement? A high amount of Valium, yes but mixed with alcohol, a very dangerous concoction. Sorry but you are so wrong and are posting very misleading information. Before you post, get you facts straight.

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

The same mix killed the artist Thomas Kincade, but it's a'potentially' fatal mix, not necessary lethal every time. I've drunk beers and brandy and taken valium - not huge amounts though.

Dont want to make any conspirations in this case, but Valium and alcohol must be consumed in very very very high doses to be lethal.

On what basis do you make this statement? A high amount of Valium, yes but mixed with alcohol, a very dangerous concoction. Sorry but you are so wrong and are posting very misleading information. Before you post, get you facts straight.

You are both kind of correct imo (just for the record I have thought and said all along in this thread she died from drug related matters), but you really do need a lot of both diazepam and alcohol for it to be lethal in most people - however she was also ill at the time if I am not mistaken? This could cause a problem and make her bodily functions operating at a lesser amount. But for most of us, even with a low tolerance you will need a lot of diazepam and alcohol to die from it. When I nearly died I consumed 400mg diazepam, I have no idea how much tramadol and morphine, 750ml of whiskey and a few xanax if I recall, which I barely do of course. 2 days after that is pretty much erased forever but I was found with blue lips surrounded by vomit. Dark times and glad I got out of them with my life!

Edited by monk213

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

Like in a Holiywood movie, some one does something on his own and dies

Then with amazing insight people know what and how he did it

Amazing as to the fact he dies so was unable to tell any one what he did

Ripleys Believe it or Not

smile.png

It's a pleasure to see a genuine post containing factual information. I had major surgery five years ago and was prescribed tramadol, which I took for 12 months. Worst experience in my life so I decided to give them away. They were good for pain but are a very addictive medication. Was told never to drink while taking them and then after knowing that I was becoming addicted, I stopped and it took three weeks to get off them, during which time I experienced some very weird withdrawal symptoms. Never want to go through that again.

A valium and alcohol will have virtually zero additional effect, like an extra drink or two.

Technically it's possible that it can kill you but I believe you would need to consume a huge amount of both alcohol and valium for this to happen. It wouldn't happen by accident.

Certain painkillers which won't generally be available in Thailand are something different entirely, a few of them with a night of drinking can send you directly to the morgue just like all those hollywood types who occasionally die. They often take valium too but it's the opiate based medications that do the damage.

The RTP say she had the medicine in her room, what they don't say is what meds were prescribed in the UK. If not from the UK why would someone that

seemed to be a lively and happy person go and buy valium. Did she buy valium from a local pharmacy?? If not then who gave it to her

Of course the alcohol may have been the illegal stuff that is sold on the Island and has been known to poison Farang's.

Seems to me that there are a number of avenue's to be investigated but will it happen. One thing is for sure, the number of deaths of young people is

far higher than normal.

Like in a Holiywood movie, some one does something on his own and dies

Then with amazing insight people know what and how he did it

Amazing as to the fact he dies so was unable to tell any one what he did

Ripleys Believe it or Not

Are you on the Tramadol and Valium again Tess?

What is wrong on Kho Tao ?

Too many drunken indulged spoilt British yobs, in the main.

Sorry but if you don't know what a yob is, maybe you should refrain from comment. Or do you have reports of Brits fighting on the island that the rest of us haven't seen ?

Are some of you for real. Disappointed that the police may have got it right, flunked the armchair detective course have we. Can't theorise about a murder can we, no more assumption or speculation. But wait, some of you are now chemists and know that this mix could not possibly kill her. One even goes to the stage of suggesting she would not want to kill herself. Many do not, but many take these concoctions to heighten their experience, not with the intention of doing themselves in but alas, some do make mistakes and end up going to far..

Death by misadventure, most likely, suicide, a possibility but unlikely however definitely not murder. We even have one poster telling us the coroner did not care to find out the cause of death. Please understand, the coroners report has not been released so how can that statement be taken seriously. Why do not some of you read or is it you do not comprehend or are just picking pieces to suit your agenda? It's only a preliminary report, and these just detail the basics.

Ok, please note, the Preliminary Report states that a combination alcohol and Valium was found in her system. You would need a large quantity of the drug alone to have an overdose but mixed with alcohol, a very deadly concoction. So why can't all of you who want to go off on your tangents of theories, assumptions speculation, accept that the poor lass was not murdered and, at this point in time, appears to have brought about her own demise and that it had nothing to do with certain people, corrupt police or even the so called mafia or serial killers, as some have suggested. Also, Valium and tramadol are readily bought throughout Thailand, without the need for a prescription.

We would not theorise about these cases if the RTP did their job properly. Within minutes the RTP say no foul play, how can they say that. The man found

hanged with his hands tied was "suicide" Really !!!! The boy found dead a while ago, was supposed to have fallen 50 foot without bruising himself.

The RTP should stop speculating and give out FACTS.

English girls and boys me feel love to try exotic races for pleasure and I see many of them like to get smashed before the session so the drugs may be in relation to the hunt for pleasure in the hotel room, if they could learn to enjoy without drugs and alcohol be safer for them but sometimes I feel they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples

Your quote-----"I feel they don't want it but they do want it and so they maybe confused peoples"---Well mate you sure as hell got me there too!

It would give more credibility to your statement if you were more specific.

e.g. Quantities, age, health status etc etc.

One persons medicine could be another's poison.

• Like 1