Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You know what it was Alfie. Levy's spiteful little fingerprints were all over it.

????  It was Levy's fault, couldn't make this shit up !  well funny enough i read somewhere that he pissed off Poch but perhaps you have the inside scoop !

It's strange,  we had a similar conversation last season but you didn't mention Levy then ? so whats changed ?

Edited by alfieconn

18 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The thing is if he doesn't go to Man U who is the biggest loser ? we lose approx 25m or perhaps even more and for a player who might not even play this season !

Anyway here are some interesting figs on the matter :

Significant players (+£10m) sold to PL rivals current top 6 in last 10 years Arsenal 7 Chelsea 6 Liverpool 3 Spurs 2 United 2 City 1

In this moment you would be weakening yourself and strengthening your nearest rival though. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

Just now, BangrakBob said:

I’m this moment you would be weakening yourself and strengthening your nearest rival though. 

Well there was talk of him not playing anyway, beside's i doubt that we would let him go without a replacement !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

????  It was Levy's fault, couldn't make this shit up !  well funny enough i read somewhere that he pissed off Poch but perhaps you have the inside scoop !

It's strange,  we had a similar conversation last season but you didn't mention Levy then ? so whats changed ?

Getting in some shots against Levy. I figure I'll beat Spurs supporters to it once he leaves you high and dry in the transfer window.:)

6 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The thing is if he doesn't go to Man U who is the biggest loser ? we lose approx 25m or perhaps even more and for a player who might not even play this season !

Anyway here are some interesting figs on the matter :

Significant players (+£10m) sold to PL rivals current top 6 in last 10 years Arsenal 7 Chelsea 6 Liverpool 3 Spurs 2 United 2 City 1

If he stays, he will definitely be needed, you can't expect Sanchez & Vertonghen to play all season without injuries & suspensions.

Then there's the domestic cup & UCL games as well to consider, so

for me, it makes sense to keep him for another season then let him go even if we lose a potential £25M.  

Think i'll hold fire on comments about this summers transfer window till it closes, but i'm working on the assumption that the only player we'll be signing is Grealish and we're going to get stiffed on the price for him too.  Its looking disastrous and shambolic at this late stage

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Think i'll hold fire on comments about this summers transfer window till it closes, but i'm working on the assumption that the only player we'll be signing is Grealish and we're going to get stiffed on the price for him too.  Its looking disastrous and shambolic at this late stage

The funny thing is that of the players that we were looking to get rid of, Demb,Toby,Rose, there replacements probably would have taken the best part of a season to fit into the system so in theory we would have been weaker for this season . Obviously new players on top of what we already have would be welcome.

Edited by alfieconn

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The funny thing is that of the players that we were looking to get rid of, Demb,Toby,Rose, there replacements probably would have taken the best part of a season to fit into the system so in theory we would have been weaker for this season . Obviously new players on top of what we already have would be welcome.

I don't think this window would have been that significant had it not been what Pochettino said in the aftermath of our shocking semi final performance.

Its well known that we needed to sell before we bought so by virtue of that alone outgoings had to be priced sensibly to offload in good time.  That clearly has not been the case.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

I don't think this window would have been that significant had it not been what Pochettino said in the aftermath of our shocking semi final performance.

Its well known that we needed to sell before we bought so by virtue of that alone outgoings had to be priced sensibly to offload in good time.  That clearly has not been the case.

At this point, if Spurs kept the three candidates for exiting it would almost be like having three new footballers. Not that it would happen.

32 minutes ago, jellydog said:

At this point, if Spurs kept the three candidates for exiting it would almost be like having three new footballers. Not that it would happen.

Well lets see....Rose is the back up left back to Ben Davies as everyone knows, and he is still a stronger option the Walker-Peters who is good but very young.  Moussa Dembele.  We'd love to keep him end of story.  Then theres Toby who is not interested in signing a new contract.  Yes we'd love to cash in on 55m but as far as we know, Levy has no replacement and we would be left weakened(and having strengthened opposition) and massively reliant on the fitness of Sanchez and Vertonghen.  

In summary, with hours left in the window the current look shows us being much better off keeping them.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well lets see....Rose is the back up left back to Ben Davies as everyone knows, and he is still a stronger option the Walker-Peters who is good but very young.  Moussa Dembele.  We'd love to keep him end of story.  Then theres Toby who is not interested in signing a new contract.  Yes we'd love to cash in on 55m but as far as we know, Levy has no replacement and we would be left weakened(and having strengthened opposition) and massively reliant on the fitness of Sanchez and Vertonghen.  

In summary, with hours left in the window the current look shows us being much better off keeping them.

I reckon the chances are zero, but I agree. Would you rather have Grealish or Dembele ? Dembele for sure, even with the age difference.

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I reckon the chances are zero, but I agree. Would you rather have Grealish or Dembele ? Dembele for sure, even with the age difference.

I'd rather not have Grealish at all whatever happens with Dembele.

37 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd rather not have Grealish at all whatever happens with Dembele.

In fairness he might turn out to be good but the point is signing players from the championship wasn't really what Poch meant when he said we need to be brave.  Those type of players have been scooped up yet again by our main rivals leaving Poch and the team to punch well above their weight yet again because there seems to be no change whatsoever in Levy's transfer policy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

In fairness he might turn out to be good but the point is signing players from the championship wasn't really what Poch meant when he said we need to be brave.  Those type of players have been scooped up yet again by our main rivals leaving Poch and the team to punch well above their weight yet again because there seems to be no change whatsoever in Levy's transfer policy.

Exactly. Grealish may turn out to be helpful, but he won't be Dembele.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

We need someone in the middle of the park who can step in and do the job immediately....Grealish is not that player.

I've no idea what is running through Levy's mind but it seems to be liquid right now.

yeah  dembele could  prove dificult to replace, he'll be around for another season imo if we wanted  barkley could have been an answer, but  the 'step up' and being post injury would and have proved  2 b issues for him. As someone said grealish will prove useful , will need to up his game AND fitness but  he's got a decent skill set  and probably stats aint the greatest but CAN finish, but atm  cant see him being anything but an option of the bench AT BEST. 

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We need someone in the middle of the park who can step in and do the job immediately....Grealish is not that player.

I've no idea what is running through Levy's mind but it seems to be liquid right now.

Lol grealish is definitely not the player. Think Lee hendrie. It's the off field antics that will undo him and add that to the bright lights and new big city and you have a 20m loss within 2 years. Better off getting him to sign a publishing contract so you can claw back some cash from his where did it all go wrong autobiography.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Lol grealish is definitely not the player. Think Lee hendrie. It's the off field antics that will undo him and add that to the bright lights and new big city and you have a 20m loss within 2 years. Better off getting him to sign a publishing contract so you can claw back some cash from his where did it all go wrong autobiography.

OTOH if we sign him and lose no one it could be worse....not much worse mind you.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

OTOH if we sign him and lose no one it could be worse....not much worse mind you.

Be interesting to see how fit kane is. He was crocked last quarter of last season. He was sluggish at the WC (lethal at pens) no real break. That could be detrimental with no new additions 

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Be interesting to see how fit kane is. He was crocked last quarter of last season. He was sluggish at the WC (lethal at pens) no real break. That could be detrimental with no new additions 

Least of our concerns right now....the midfield is far more troublesome.

so ,, for a WHOLE WINDOW we dont sign anyone ? , cant see it as a HUGE issue , we aint lost anyone of note,   squad was good enuf for 3 rd last year and a year packed with more HIGH LEVEL experience  for our youngsters, without exception imo they will all be better this season than last, so  this season  BRING IT ON  .

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This has the whiff of total shambles about it now.

I hear Kovacic is having a medical at the bridge tomorrow.

Bwaaaaaaaaah!

Get your stopwatch out Ronnie !?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Marcelo Brozovic bid of 40m turned down by Inter.  Levy still trying to pinch pennies in the dying hours of the window......

The WC and shortened window has created havoc for nearly everybody. Even more so for the likes of Levy.