Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

To be fair this joe lad is like 80 so his days are numbered and if he fancies grand entrances and envious looks then so be it. It's not like anyone takes his team that seriously. Lovely football and some good players but the semi final syndrome points to a lack of backbone.

?  Is anyone interested in taking a bite?  Nah.......

56 minutes ago, carmine said:

Residents were probably rushing to their phones and cameras to take pictures.

Born above a pub in the east end to working class parents he's self made and i really see anything obscene at all. Its hardly like were all not used to super yachts by now.   He lives on the boat and is able to bring his home with him and it was such a pain to everyone that prick of a mayor could have said no couldn't he.

Personally i'd have loved to see it float down the Thames and i bet there was a real buzz on the tow paths.

Anyway, didn't oil sheiks write the book on obscenity and decadence?

I'm not knocking his wealth by the way. Well done to him. It's just sometimes humility is called for, particularly after putting up the ticket prices. A couple of days fuel costs to sail that thing would have covered the increases.

Your absolutely right about oil men writing the book on obscenity but our owner didn't sail down the manchester ship canal flashing it about. Don't think Roman does either does he?

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not knocking his wealth by the way. Well done to him. It's just sometimes humility is called for, particularly after putting up the ticket prices. A couple of days fuel costs to sail that thing would have covered the increases.

Your absolutely right about oil men writing the book on obscenity but our owner didn't sail down the manchester ship canal flashing it about. Don't think Roman does either does he?

You're probably right, with respect to ticket prices but i think joe public and tourists probably enjoyed the spectacle.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But then again our owners legacy probably won't be riddled with human rights abuses.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

? What the <deleted> has Joe Lewis owning a yacht got to do with ticket prices ? the things posters will come out to have a pop at another club, i can't stop laughing ?

Joe to Levy at a board meeting, christ almighty Daniel,fuel prices have just gone up, need to recoup a bit of quick money, well that's hard one Joe i don't know what to suggest, i have a good idea let's put up season ticket prices, yeah great idea Joe why didn't i think of that ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

? What the <deleted> has Joe Lewis owning a yacht got to do with ticket prices ? the things posters will come out to have a pop at another club, i can't stop laughing ?

You obviously didn't take in what I said. I have no problem with him owning a yacht. If you didn't get my point, then there is little hope of you and me even agreeing that the world is round, as you seem to just argue for the sake of it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So Utd have strengthened and we are the same so we can expect a heavy defeat tonight.

Money talks!

When is Matic back for United ? He could make a big difference in United's unsettled midfield.

Hoping for a another spanking for Mourinho !:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Cameron Carter-Vickers has gone out on loan to Swansea City.

Methinks Pochettino rates Juan Foyth higher at the moment. Is it an indication that Toby is staying?

IF reports are accurate  I think maybe  levy was setting toby's  price to high  wether thats .on purpose or not... who knows,  but he walks for nish pretty soon doesnt he ? .not that i'm moaning having  toby availiable  is a plus  however  Could be...as simple as 'he plays he stays' and the three ax the bac atm looks pretty good.. however it's a long season and as per money WILL talk..

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Bale is not stepping up to nothing. In both of their last 4 seasons the difference between games played by both players is like 90 games with bale in just under 100 games in his last 4 seasons. Madrid will know he cannot be reliedone upon he cannot fill the gap hence mbappe rumours.

HUGE key with bale probably you wont have noticed but for the past 2ish seasons bale has been playin SOLELY down the rhs.. credit to the boy for STILL being good enuf to get picked however those sparking powerful terrififying runs had all but disapeared,  barring for the last ?? games last season when he played down the left.. why the change then ? Who knows perhaps they knew ronnie was leavin  ,,...they'll be bac and HE WILL assume ronaldo's mantle NO PROBS and due process seems to have started..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45316904

21 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

IF reports are accurate  I think maybe  levy was setting toby's  price to high  wether thats .on purpose or not... who knows,  but he walks for nish pretty soon doesnt he ? .not that i'm moaning having  toby availiable  is a plus  however  Could be...as simple as 'he plays he stays' and the three ax the bac atm looks pretty good.. however it's a long season and as per money WILL talk..

Not sure 25m is nish and probably the reason we haven't sold him already !

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not sure 25m is nish and probably the reason we haven't sold him already !

As you know He walks for nish at the end of the contract .25 mil and i think he would have gone . .  my limited understanding of the current situ is we asked for 45 mil for him been some reports 65 but just cant see that .. even 45 is proving to be  a touch high ...seems maybe levy aint being quite so hard nosed these days   as in the past.. so much for us being skint post new ground .... cos bac a while  i'm bloody sure given 25 mil or nothing.. no doubts he would have moved heaven and earth to get the 25..

54 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Edited by alfieconn

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

As you know He walks for nish at the end of the contract .25 mil and i think he would have gone . .  my limited understanding of the current situ is we asked for 45 mil for him been some reports 65 but just cant see that .. even 45 is proving to be  a touch high ...seems maybe levy aint being quite so hard nosed these days   as in the past.. so much for us being skint post new ground .... cos bac a while  i'm bloody sure given 25 mil or nothing.. no doubts he would have moved heaven and earth to get the 25..

That's another 2 years, but he has a buy out clause of 25m next summer.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Lukaka should have scored thanx to rose's f up ...  barin that pretty even.. neither keeper really  tested.. in fairness hugos probably been the busier..  then so he should its old trafford!!!   0.0 ht bout right i suppose

Don't forget the stonewall penalty...not that the 1st half is worth discussion really.

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Don't forget the stonewall penalty...not that the 1st half is worth discussion really.

I didnt think it was 4 me 2 players comin 2 gether... but hey semantics 

WOT A WIN   a certain  brazilian has marked his ARRIVAL.. he's the missing link for me,  weve ALWAYS been able to move the ball at pace but never had that penatrive pace .. now we have   big up poch and the boys MASSIVE statement..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Son won't like it but Kane and Moura is going to become Shearer and Cole for us this season I think.

what, you mean not actually play together?

newcastle sold andy cole to united a year before they signed shearer, ronnie.

I just can't see how the ref didn't awarded a penalty for Jones' shove on Moura.  Its was an obvious penalty.

Other than that it was quite comfortable.  We looked settled, composed, well all bar Rose and i really do prefer Davies a left back.

What a dick Mourinho is!!  Aside of the embarrassing petulance he came out with some ludicrous rubbish. He's very lucky that Burnley seem to be struggling.  

My favorite moment of the match and one that should haunt United fans;  you are 0-2 at home, you need a change and have Rashford on the bench.  What does Mourinho do...he brings on  Fellaini!!!? That, you just couldn't make up!!!!