Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Strongest attacking midfield I can remember at Spurs this season.

Yeah.. it's  very decent, puts pressure  on the 'back  up',  like winks ect they need to step up and start making a diference   ie take their chance , bit  like lamela has shown,   else run the risk of being 'left behind' ..

Do i understand this correctly that tonight you are playing a HOME game EIGHTY-ONE kms away from white hart lane at MK Dons' Stadium MK because Wembley is unavailable and Tottenham's new stadium is not complete.

Why can't you play your home games at the Emirates (you could have played there last night)?

Have The Arsenal ever been approached for a temporary ground share (ManU shared Maine Road back when Uwe Rosler's dad bombed Old Trafford)?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Positives would be Lamela, he looks in great shape, really sharp, Winks, getting back to his former self and Gazziniga, with Lloris and Vorm both injured proving the depth we have in the goalkeeping department.

Negatives would be a injury that could keep Aurier out for a while and yet another mistake strewn performance by Davies.  Obviously Rose has regained his first choice status but it must be time now to start bringing in Walker-Peters to games like this.  We are wasting yet another young player by elevating to the first team squad and by doing so dramatically limiting his game time and thus his experience.

Wanyama remains a shadow of his former self.  But the more match time the better because he's the guy we've really been missing.

I think we really have to bring in a couple of fresh faces in january.  Certain player still injures, still not 100%, fatigued and with us playing the high press high energy style a bit more back up is required Mr Levy.

Huddersfield at the weekend then Cardiff i believe.  

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

Positives would be Lamela, he looks in great shape, really sharp, Winks, getting back to his former self and Gazziniga, with Lloris and Vorm both injured proving the depth we have in the goalkeeping department.

Negatives would be a injury that could keep Aurier out for a while and yet another mistake strewn performance by Davies.  Obviously Rose has regained his first choice status but it must be time now to start bringing in Walker-Peters to games like this.  We are wasting yet another young player by elevating to the first team squad and by doing so dramatically limiting his game time and thus his experience.

Wanyama remains a shadow of his former self.  But the more match time the better because he's the guy we've really been missing.

I think we really have to bring in a couple of fresh faces in january.  Certain player still injures, still not 100%, fatigued and with us playing the high press high energy style a bit more back up is required Mr Levy.

Huddersfield at the weekend then Cardiff i believe.  

Nice to see Alli contributing. As annoying as he can be at times, he is still clearly missed when not available.

Lamela continues his comeback from the nearly dead. A big boost.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nice to see Alli contributing. As annoying as he can be at times, he is still clearly missed when not available.

Lamela continues his comeback from the nearly dead. A big boost.

Yes, you're right about Lamela and include Moura too.  Whilst we should have but didn't sign players Pochettino has been handed some luck in that both of them are like new signings, neither having contributed anything of consequence last season.  Now,  if we could just get Wanyama back to his old self and sign a couple in january we might have a crack at top four again....that so called miracle the journalists were labelling during our crisis of three games!!!  Winks also, missed most of last season and is back to full fitness to its actually quite rosy.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We've not yet seen the Winks who tore Madrid apart last season....he's still not at that level but it is coming....all good right now really but yes we need a fresh player or two.

Cover for Kane ! Easier said than done in January.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We've not yet seen the Winks who tore Madrid apart last season....he's still not at that level but it is coming....all good right now really but yes we need a fresh player or two.

I not sure he tore Madrid apart mate but i love the hyperbole!!!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, balo said:

6 points and nothing less is required in our next 2 games to stay on the road for top 4. Now the hunt begins.

Yes it certainly looks like being a closer run thing for top four this season than last.

Winning these games is vital.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ericson out 2 moro .. opening for someone to start ..AND STEP UP  pamela  one would think ?

I think he would have started anyway the form he's in.  Best since he joined us.  He's becoming the player we thought we had bought.

Dele out for four weeks with a hamstring injury.  Luke Amos also crocked last night playing for the U23's.

So a likely attacking three today with Moura, Son, Lamela.  I think he'll go three at the back with Rose and Trippier wing backs

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Dele out for four weeks with a hamstring injury.  Luke Amos also crocked last night playing for the U23's.

So a likely attacking three today with Moura, Son, Lamela.  I think he'll go three at the back with Rose and Trippier wing backs

Very bad news that given our busy schedule however shouldn't affect us today....I expect a convincing win.

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You would have looked at those three twelve months ago and worried.....not any more all of them are firing and look very dangerous.

The issue for Alli and Eriksen might be winning back their places!

If he goes for those three and Kane is back on form its could get very messy for Huddersfield despite the crisis we are apparently in!!!????

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You would have looked at those three twelve months ago and worried.....not any more all of them are firing and look very dangerous.

The issue for Alli and Eriksen might be winning back their places!

Well not Eriksen but Dele Alli would have to watch it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Didn’t realise the injury situation was that bad until I was out yesterday for a stroll and saw this.............

On a serious note, Spurs to win 2-0

E05537F2-A36E-41F4-A993-89C8199FB10A.jpeg

B099641A-8411-4B87-892B-F64696019E0A.jpeg

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Huddersfield are on the ropes big time but they need a result more than Spurs so I'm going for a shock 2-1 win for huddersfield.

I've just cracked open a bottle of Margaux in anticipation of Harry's hat-trick this afternoon.

Feel free to pop down for a sip lad. :biggrin:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I've just cracked open a bottle of Margaux in anticipation of Harry's hat-trick this afternoon.

Feel free to pop down for a sip lad. :biggrin:

I'm guessing there is a harry kane special in there maybe two? Penalties 

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm guessing there is a harry kane special in there maybe two? Penalties 

You're guilty of terrible predicting today R2D2...I hope you enjoy his third and I see we have gone four across the back now with Winks pushing forward....could be a goal fest for us!

Relatively straightforward win for us.  Fairly predictable line up to start and useful substitutions to give run out to Winks and Wanyama that need the minutes.

I was impressed with Huddersfield; good manager, sound tactically and play with commitment.  Sadly Wagner just doesn't have the quality, especially in the final third.  Their fans are a credit to the club.  Fantastic support. Cardiff next league game at Wembley.  Need to nail that!

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Relatively straightforward win for us.  Fairly predictable line up to start and useful substitutions to give run out to Winks and Wanyama that need the minutes.

I was impressed with Huddersfield; good manager, sound tactically and play with commitment.  Sadly Wagner just doesn't have the quality, especially in the final third.  Their fans are a credit to the club.  Fantastic support. Cardiff next league game at Wembley.  Need to nail that!

Yes and 4 pts off the league leaders whilst we are deep in crisis apparently! :biggrin:

Who will be sacked first....Poch or Mourinho?? 

Can't help thinking that the loss of Dele is going to be major for us. He's a big game player with big games on the horizon.

Was Poch saving Lamela for the next fixture to start him?  

Whats the state of play with Lloris' injury?  Thats being kept extremely quiet.

Is Wanyama fit enough yet to start games and stick Dier back on the bench to be a multi functional player that we need to have?