Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Gotta be some sales happening in both directions in Jan.  Things need shaking up a bit that is for sure. 

Although if the talk is true and Arab oil to the value of 2 billion is gonna make Lewis walk away. That's not a bad outcome at all. Could be a monster in the making.

Yes, despite our best ever start to a premier league season, we could do with a couple of signings.  I think thats about it really, isn't it.  

And for the record, i'll say it now, i would <deleted> hate it if the club was bought by the arabs.  They are the worst thing thats ever happened to the sport along with the oligarchs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Interesting stat this season its the closest the top 5 have been since the introduction of 3 points .. 1981 i believe

Yep and TOTALLY agree with the coming of the arabs  ond ogi have totally <deleted> english football.

I'm not sure who you are referring to by "ogi", but as City are the only club with an arab owner, how has Sheikh Mansour "totally <deleted> football" because i don't believe he has. So how?

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes, despite our best ever start to a premier league season, we could do with a couple of signings.  I think thats about it really, isn't it.  

And for the record, i'll say it now, i would <deleted> hate it if the club was bought by the arabs.  They are the worst thing thats ever happened to the sport along with the oligarchs.

Spurs bought by Arabs? Are you on drugs? 

• Haha 1

CARMINE:

"And for the record, i'll say it now, i would <deleted> hate it if the club was bought by the arabs."

<deleted> that made me laugh. I've even taken a screenshot for future reference. This is the danger if you get your football 'knowledge' from

Shoot magazine - classic. 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:34 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

HUGE key with bale probably you wont have noticed but for the past 2ish seasons bale has been playin SOLELY down the rhs.. credit to the boy for STILL being good enuf to get picked however those sparking powerful terrififying runs had all but disapeared,  barring for the last ?? games last season when he played down the left.. why the change then ? Who knows perhaps they knew ronnie was leavin  ,,...they'll be bac and HE WILL assume ronaldo's mantle NO PROBS and due process seems to have started..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45316904

Lol. Bale the saviour!!

Im luvin this.. GREAT win with arguably barring kane 2 nd string strike force .. ...ok your tellin me ali and ericson WHEN fit. Wouldnt start..REALLY!  ANYWAY  sissoko.. great little runs and lovely pull bac for the goal  and mouraS pace and trickery must be a  <deleted> NIGHTMARE for defenders and lammela.. wot can you say.. a beast. FINALLY hes there.. we all knew he had 'it' now he's delivering  and HUGO  stunnin saves  but our no 3 would have done as well.. well done poch  GOOD CHOICES   huge joe pro performance  and huge  win imo ..

Edited by 3 minus 2

13 hours ago, champers said:

Spurs bought by Arabs? Are you on drugs? 

Did i say they were going to get bought by arabs?  No, i didn't did i, i said it on the basis of "if" purely and simply because there has recently been some ridiculous paper talk.  or are you suggesting that as a lifelong Spurs fan i wasn't aware we are quite predominantly a jewish club?

And you even got a positive laughing reaction from Bredbury Blue!!!  What a clanger to start the weekend with????

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Good Morning to all. ????

Firstly . no intention of taking any gloss off. your  Ugly 1 nil win last night

Or 

the carrier of Bad News.

But 

your line of credit has risen .from 400 to 500 mil for your New Stadium.

largely due to delays  to  moving in etc etc.

A opening date is still in question.

In my  view  a  500 mil debt to be serviced

is a massive black cloud hanging over Totts.

Which could lead  to a Force 5 cyclone. in terms of servicing this debt

Edited by maximuss99

3 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Or 

the carrier of Bad News.

But 

Our club will be run properly as you should well know maximus....if that means we get bunged 200m quid for Kane to get rid of half of it then that's what will happen.....but I don't see it.

The income from the new ground plus TV money will easily cover it....the only downside is we won't be spending as much on players....so not a selling club but one bringing through youth.

In fact really same as now carry on....COYS.

Yes agreed . that no new players will be coming in.

But

players going in the opposite direction  to service this massive debt.

Which in my view is a Carbon Copy of Arsenals plight perhaps a decade back which we are paying for  iT NOW  !!!!

Your reasoning that Totts will have extrs revenue etc etc and selling players will cover this debt.

Is wishful thinking Laddy

having read Pochettino's post match interview i'd say it would be totally disastrous for us if we don't bring in some new players in january  But i stress again, freakish is not the answer.  Decent young player and we should sign him but there needs a signing of greater substance.

I really hope Spurs fans understand the ridiculous levels we are over achieving with the contexts of the summer world cup hangover and no new signings.  The manager must be rewarded in january.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

having read Pochettino's post match interview i'd say it would be totally disastrous for us if we don't bring in some new players in january  But i stress again, freakish is not the answer.  Decent young player and we should sign him but there needs a signing of greater substance.

I really hope Spurs fans understand the ridiculous levels we are over achieving with the contexts of the summer world cup hangover and no new signings.  The maednager must be rewarded in january.

You were linked with Brooks for £10M from Sheff Utd and he went to Bournemouth instead. Someone will end up paying 3 or 4 times that amount to get him in the next couple of years.

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

I really hope Spurs fans understand the ridiculous levels we are over achieving with the contexts of the summer world cup hangover and no new signings.  The manager must be rewarded in january.

A notoriously difficult time to buy. I just don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, maximuss99 said:

Levy.s master plan since his  Tyranny Rule is simple.

Sell players then i buy

(Bale and Modric fine excamples)

Sell no players. no buy 

( last T/F window fine example) 

all equals to no silverware

Drop out  of C/L .the sky will fall in 

You should change your name to the Soothsayer.....we're not the arse....we have a quality youth development and a steady stream coming through into our first team.

Your lot made a huge mistake hanging on to a manager who was ready for the premiership graveyard by 2010....and now you have reaped the rewards.

Very true.

Wenger stayed to long

But 

stll managed to win 3 F.A. cups .your current manager Pochs. into his fourth or fifth season has won ????

and aboulately won Zilch in his entire career.

Throw in Levy.s dismal Silverware record. they certainly are a losing duo LOL

43 minutes ago, champers said:

You were linked with Brooks for £10M from Sheff Utd and he went to Bournemouth instead. Someone will end up paying 3 or 4 times that amount to get him in the next couple of years.

We are linked with half of Europe, anyway isn't hindsight a wonderful thing !

46 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Very true.

Wenger stayed to long

But 

stll managed to win 3 F.A. cups .your current manager Pochs. into his fourth or fifth season has won ????

and aboulately won Zilch in his entire career.

Throw in Levy.s dismal Silverware record. they certainly are a losing duo LOL

It always makes me chuckle when fans from other clubs; you know who you are!!  question Poch not winning silverware.  Its universally accepted by managers, players and fans "with no axe to grind",  that he hasn't really been in a position that much to win big trophies (Espanyol, Southampton), yet he's already one of the best managers in the world and when Real Madrid come for you, you are, just that, one of the best managers in the world, without a doubt.  I can accept the stupidity from the usual suspects that come on here to troll us,  but as a new poster,  maybe you might want to start off with your credibility intact?????

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

Or 

the carrier of Bad News.

But 

I do wish people would do their research before coming on hear spouting rubbish, naming rights will bring in revenue, plus the sale of Apartments that are being built within the project,  thats approx 250m of debt paid off !!!

Edited by alfieconn