Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It was a complete shambles as expected. Relegation looks odds on at the moment. I just cannot see a win from this group of players. Ramos looks totally out of his depth and just a bit clueless. Tottenham Hotspur, there used to be a club over there.

Does anyone know where to catch Championship games on TV?

You can't :o

Once you are relegated you are a team of yesterdays men in the Land of Smiles...I know to well :D

You get the Scottish games on tv all the time, and since Spurs last win was

against us, then I suggest they make the move north of the border next

season and put to rest the nonsense of the 'Tic joining the English Leagues.

(Spurs 2 Celtic 0 1st August 2008)

I can't wait to see them play up in Inverness!!!!!

What a shambles Spurs are right now.

I stayed up to watch the game..I predicted a corner turning 1-0 win for them....but they let me down.

OK I can cope with that but how Spurs fans must be feeling is way beyond anything I have to worry about.

As I said previously, if they can't beat Stoke away...no disrespect to Stoke ...then who on earth CAN they beat away fom home, so where are the points going to come from.

Only one team, Southampton, have avoided relegation in the last 10 years with 2 points from the first 8 games.

I am afraid that I think Spurs won't get out of it now, they can't bring in any new faces till Christmas, even then they would need time to gel.....the team he is playing now still don't seem to have any co-ordination.

Bentley...dropped four times ...substituted again today...what on earth is going on? We all know that you don't become a bad player overnight, hailed as the new Beckham, his future looked so bright, but being forced to play out of his favourite position (if he even gets picked) is not helping his or Spur's cause. We all get depressed in our work when things are going badly...and I see no evidence of Ramos trying any kind of tactics to bring his players out of their black moods.

A win for Newcastle tonight and Spurs will be cut adrift as Derby were, except at this stage last season Derby had more points.

Spurs fans dreams of a fouth place finish might well come true.

But its more likely to be in the Championship in 18 months time...unless they do something DRASTIC....but what I don't know.

The mistakes off the field have ben made and the die is cast I'm afraid.

I have some good mates who are Spurs fans on this forum.....I really feel sorry for your plight.

What on earth should the board do?

No disrespect to Stoke????

we have scored 3 goals against villa and 2 against everton and competed against chelsea so you were shocked when we thumped the gutless cockneys.

lucky they didnt lose 4-1 and their goal was way offside and hutton should have been sent off too for the stud attack on our goalkeeper that eft him bloodied.Stoke arent the best in the league and are not skillful but i have one thing to say.

WELCOME TO THE BRIT----- THIS IS GOING TO HURT

GOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN YOU MIGHTY POTTERS,THE PLACE WITH BIG BALLS.

Thats why I said "No Disrespect to Stoke"....but IMHO you will still go down, I beleive you are most ill equipped side to come up and as Hull will not be going down ..and it is a given that 2 out of the 3 promoted sides retuen to the fizzy, Stoke will be one of them.

Just don't have the strength in depth.....All the Reading fans were glad to see the back of Sonko, he is a real liability, he would not get into our Championship side, let alone the Premier League, he used to be good ..but he lost it and is just too darn slow and nearly cost you an equaliser yesterday......and has Kitson actually scored a goal in Stoke's first 8 games? I am not 100% sure ,but I dont think so.

My advice is to enjoy it while you can...I enjoyed our two years , and expect us to be a yo yo team for a number of years..something Stoke may well aspire to..if you are very lucky :o

maybe or maybe not but if we do go down we will fight every inch of the way and if we can get the Brit a fortress,some teams will not have the balls in the cold bleak,wintry stoke evenings on the hill.Stoke have been the team,to show the prawn brigade that every heart and soul is with the club and will continue to shout to our dying breathe and bring a bit of pride back into premiership football.I for one would not like to be an away team to go to the brit,and if it hurts so be it.

I watched the game last night.

I don't think Spurs were awful, they put some good passing movements together, they just can't finish. But let's be frank...apart from their goal...Hull were not very good, they did not have much possession and only had limited chances.

Campbell looks lightweight and looks about as much use as a one armed man in a hand clapping competition- compared to Berbatov or Keane. He did very well for Hull in the championship last season and may well do well there again in 10 months time!!

From what I have read Ramos said that he could not get a replacement for Berbarov as he was sold on transfer deadline day. However he never played him from the start of the season and the other Spurs players had sent him to coventry, A blind man could see he was going to be sold to someone...so why did they not get a replacement?

It's utter madness to let your top strikers go and not replace them. Spurs fans are not calling for Ramos's head (it would cost Spurs a reported 15m to sack him) it's the clown in the Directors box who has been signing crap players they want out.

Bentley was superb for Blackburn last year...what happened...he can only get a place on the subs bench????...he comes on and plays as a full back !!

Lennon looked the most likely......and he was substituted.

There is no such thing as "Too good to go down" the table does not lie, Spurs may well get out of it, but I think they are in for a season long relegation battle. Top teams have been relegated before, Man Utd, Chelsea...and look what happened to the once "Mighty" Leeds !!!.....it CAN happen to Spurs, I think Newcastle will get out of it once they have a new board and Manager in place (probably Keegan again)...what have Spurs got in the locker that makes them think they will get out of this mess?

Bolton beating West Ham did them no favours, but Stoke's poor form helped them, although Stoke are not being thrashed by anyone, a draw at Liverpoool and a narrow defeat by Pompey, I think they beleive they can survive.

If you put last season's last ten games and add them to this season I believe Spurs have only won once in 17 league matches.

Relegation CAN happen, and Spurs are definatley in BIG trouble.

I feel for you Spurs fans I really do.....I have always looked out for their scores...except when playing Reading, I want them to do well, this situation gives me no pleasure...I want to see Bolton, Stoke and Fulham go !!

Oh and quote of the day from Ramos "If you can't score goals you can't win games" Well I never knew that

i want to see stoke reserves beating reading but was over here so missed it.Reading have had their day and not good enough for the premiership,and their supporters are shiiit too.

maybe or maybe not but if we do go down we will fight every inch of the way and if we can get the Brit a fortress,some teams will not have the balls in the cold bleak,wintry stoke evenings on the hill.Stoke have been the team,to show the prawn brigade that every heart and soul is with the club and will continue to shout to our dying breathe and bring a bit of pride back into premiership football.I for one would not like to be an away team to go to the brit,and if it hurts so be it.

That's the spirit and I wish you all at Stoke the very best of luck :o

Oh that my beloved Spurs could have just half that kind of fighting spirit.

But methinks the "Lilly whites" are probably "lilly livered" as well - spoilt by too much money and too much good living, and no soul or love of the team they are playing for. Just a bunch of miserable mercenaries who will all desert the sinking ship if the unthinkable happens and Spurs get relegated.

Woe is me.... :D

you could be right mobi,and if spurs had the mentality of stoke/hull then maybe you could win more matches.the players are to blame not the manager and they have to grow bigger balls mate.one thing we have at stoke is we are enjoying the premiership and even though we cannot match big crowds we are lifting the roof off the brit and many newspapers have said this.my mates did say that spurs were the most noisy of the away fans at the brit so they are trying to cheer the team on.you beat chelsea easy for noise.we will enjoy and outsing everybody lol.

Chelsea are notoriously bad for their support. They barely sing when they are winning. The Spurs game at Stoke was a disaster from start to finish. Stoke could easily have scored 3 or 4 and no disrespect to them I don't think they will be doing that very often this season.

They did show fight and passion which Spurs were totally lacking in. It's going to be a firesale come the end of the season when Spurs get relegated and have to trim that wage bill. I reckon if Spurs do go down then O'hara will be captain next season..that boy just loves playing for Spurs and at least he shows some passion when playing.

It was a complete shambles as expected. Relegation looks odds on at the moment. I just cannot see a win from this group of players. Ramos looks totally out of his depth and just a bit clueless. Tottenham Hotspur, there used to be a club over there.

Does anyone know where to catch Championship games on TV?

You can't :D

Once you are relegated you are a team of yesterdays men in the Land of Smiles...I know to well :D

I'm quite sure you can Pauly, i was watching Live Games & Highlights Shows from the Championship towards the end of last Season on Cable in my Bedroom, 100% Mate.

Not sure what side it is/was on but i definately wtached norlmal Games in the Season along with the Play Off Games, with Thai Commentary.

I would laugh my t*ts off is the Sp*ds were on it next year... :o

Patklang...when Reading played Stoke we fielded more reserves than you did...and only lost on penalties, I've seen many Reading v Stoke games , your support is good, but not threatening like say Cardiff's.

Anyway, let it be ...good luck for the remainder of your season.

This was sent to me, so don't shoot the messenger.

A guy was in a bar on sunday afternoon and they were showing the Stoke v Spurs game on the TV.

At the end of the game a little Jack Russell sits up on a bar stool and says "Oh no not again" and runs off in the direction of the kitchen.

The astonished customer says to the barman "Blimey what was all that about"

The barman says " Oh he's a Spurs supporter, he always says that when they loose."

"Well what does he say when they win" enquires the customer"

"I couldn't say" says the barman

"Ive only had him six months"

From Today's Telegraph:

Tottenham have been shocking, says David Bentley

David Bentley admitted on Wednesday night that he and his Tottenham team-mates at times had no idea what they were doing during their woeful start to the season

By Oliver Brown

Last Updated: 7:55AM BST 23 Oct 2008

Tottenham have been shocking, says David Bentley

What are we doing? David Bentley has let the cat out of the bag saying Juande Ramos' team haven't always known what they were doing Photo: EPA

Juande Ramos' side have endured their worst ever start to a season and are rooted to the bottom of the table with just two points after eight games.

"It's been shocking, it's been a bit ****," said Bentley to talkSPORT magazine. "It's been a difficult start, especially for me. I wasn't enjoying it.

"It's been difficult out on the pitch. We've not been together, we didn't know where people were running, what people were doing. But I think we're slowly starting to get settled and people are becoming more confident."

Bentley and Jonathan Woodgate have lost their places in the England squad while Bentley has also had a meeting with Ramos after being played across midfield and also as a support striker.

He is in the squad to face Udinese in the Uefa Cup on Thursday, a match which Tottenham fans will regard as less important than Sunday's Premier League clash with Bolton. Yet Ramos hinted he might give a run-out tonight to injury-ravaged captain Ledley King, who struggles to play two games consecutively because of a knee injury.

Reacting to accusations that he is prioritising the Uefa Cup – a competition he has won twice before – above the league, Ramos said: "Can you think about what the atmosphere would be like if we lost here? If we win, there will be more confidence."

Ramos' choices in defence are complicated by the fact that Vedran Corluka cannot play, having started the season representing Manchester City in the Uefa Cup.

"We need to use the other players," he argued when pressed about playing King.

"If it is possible for him to play on Sunday, he will play. If not he will not, as after a game he needs 10 days for recuperation. We use players in the best way. I don't know why people say I never play the same team. It is impossible."

Beleaguered sporting director Damien Comolli accompanying the team to the Stadio Friuli, where Udinese, second in Serie A, present a potential roadblock in Tottenham's European campaign.

Although it is expected that Comolli will be sacked at the club's annual meeting next week, with Tottenham reverting to the system of a chief scout, Ramos said: "He is here to help. He is the same."

Tottenham have also been drawn into a club-versus-country dispute over the use of Roman Pavlyuchenko, with Russia's national team demanding to know why the striker played at Stoke on Sunday in Spurs' damaging 2-1 defeat, when he was supposedly stricken with an ankle injury.

Team details

Udinese (probable, 4-3-3): Handanovic; Motta, Codi, Domazzi, Lukovic; Inler, D'Agostino, Isla; Sanchez, Floro Flores, Di Natale.

Tottenham (probable, 4-5-1): Gomes, Hutton, Woodgate, King, Bale; Bentley, Zokora, Jenas, Modric, Lennon; Bent.

Hahahaha the circus continues!! :o

Tottenham sack Ramos for Redknapp

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli and have appointed Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

Spurs confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website on Saturday.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

What the hel_l os Harry thinking??? Ok, go to Southampton, send them down and come back, but he/we don't care about Spurs. must be lots of money. because survival and Europe are already at Fratton Park.

Hahahaha the circus continues!! :o

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli and have appointed Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

Spurs confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website on Saturday.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

At the moment its just a rumour.

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is top of Tottenham's list to replace Juande Ramos. (Daily Express)

Just read this.

Redknapp said he expects to be in place at Spurs on Sunday

Tottenham Hotspur are set to appoint Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp as their new manager after sacking coach Juande Ramos late on Saturday night.

Spurs have agreed a compensation package of £5m with Portsmouth, according to the 61-year-old Redknapp.

Tottenham also axed sporting director Damien Comolli and first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez following their worst ever start to a season.

"It's a big opportunity to manage a big club before I retire," said Redknapp.

Spurs are four points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from eight matches this season. They also lost to Udinese in the Uefa Cup on Thursday.

Redknapp revealed Spurs contacted Portsmouth on Friday morning, and after discussions between Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie, it was agreed he could talk to the north London club.

Pompey couldn't sell a player in the [transfer] window so we sell the manager

Harry Redknapp

"I've had a great time at Portsmouth and we've had an unbelievable, successful time over the six years I've been here," Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"But Tottenham made a fantastic offer to Portsmouth and it was difficult.

"It was a lot of money - I think £5m, crazy money, really. Pompey couldn't sell a player in the [transfer] window so we sell the manager."

Redknapp expects the official announcement to come from White Hart Lane on Sunday morning.

Clive Allen, Spurs' development squad coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, youth team manager will take charge of Sunday's game against Bolton, while Redknapp expects to be at White Hart Lane to address the players before the match.

"I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the years," Redknapp added on 5 Live.

Tottenham is a club that has massively underachieved this year - to be sitting there with two points and, let's be honest, in a real desperate situation, a relegation battle

Harry Redknapp

"I followed Tottenham, I trained there as an 11-year-old, 12-year-old so I know the history of the club. It is a big, big, club.

"It is a club that has massively underachieved this year - to be sitting there with two points and, let's be honest, in a real desperate situation, a relegation battle.

"There's a lot of quality players there that obviously haven't done as well as they should have done. You don't end up with two points from eight games if you're doing what you should be doing.

"So they need to start performing as I know they can. Whether it's confidence or whatever, it's up to me to go in and try to get the best out of them players."

Redknapp said first-team coach Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, the assistant manager, would be in charge of Portsmouth for Sunday's match against Fulham at Fratton Park.

Ramos has paid the price for Spurs' terrible start to the season

Redknapp spent most of his playing career with West Ham and Bournemouth and went on to manage both clubs before taking charge of Portsmouth in 2002, guiding the club into the Premier League within 14 months as First Division champions.

He left for Pompey's bitter south coast rivals Southampton in 2004 but returned to Fratton Park in December 2005.

Then, after dramatically saving Pompey from the drop with an unbelievable final 10-game run, Redknapp steered them to a best-ever Premier League finish of ninth in 2006/07.

They bettered that by a place in 2007/08, and won the FA Cup against Cardiff, qualifying for their first journey into Uefa Cup football.

In January, Redknapp held talks with Newcastle to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager but eventually rejected the offer.

The 54-year-old Ramos joined Spurs from Sevilla on 27 October 2007 after Dutchman Martin Jol was sacked.

The Spaniard enjoyed back-to-back Uefa Cup triumphs with Sevilla and guided Tottenham to February's League Cup final where they beat Chelsea 2-1 for the club's first trophy since 1999.

However, several first-choice players left in the summer, notably Bulgaria striker Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United and Robbie Keane to Liverpool.

England striker Jermain Defoe was also sold last January to Redknapp's Portsmouth.

Tottenham splashed out about £60m on the likes of Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, England winger David Bentley, Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko and Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.

But Spurs have yet to win a league match this season and have only earned points from a 1-1 draw at Chelsea and a 0-0 home draw with Wigan Athletic.

I'm not surprised Ramos has gone but i am surprised it's Rednapp whose taken over. And £5m compen to Portsmouth :o

Yes,I thought Ramos would go sooner rather than later.

But,I too,am surprised by the choice of Harry Redknapp.Bad news for Pompey fans although something hasnt been quite right at Portsmouth this season.Shocking results against Man City,Chelsea and Braga in the UEFA Cup.

Despite signing Crouch and Defoe they havent improved from last years excellent season.

Yes this is going to be real interesting. 'Our 'arry' has bought more players than any manager in the premiership including half of Jol's side and now he's going to come in and tear apart Ramos's ballerinas and buy another side in January. Personally I think it's utter madness but survival is the name of the game this season and 'arrry has plenty of experience with that so maybe in the short term it will be a good move but long term it has to be utter madness. Right what decent players do Portsmouth have who we can half inch preferably defenders. midfielders or attackers as that's the only area we are lacking?

I'll have a monkey (baht of course) Defoe will be at the Lane in January, any takers?

Bentley did not even make the bench after those comments in Spurs latest defeat

This pr7ck has been having a series of interviews by Gabby Logan on BBC's Inside Sport, and i have never seen such an arrogant, vulgarly cocky, up his ass, lack of self awareness, complete and total and utter fool who despite his just above average talent seems to think he is the greatest footballer walking.

According to the screws of the world Mr Capello wasnt impressed by the above characteristics and he is umlikely to get an England recall -

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article53215.ece

The perfect man for the job considering the position we are in at the moment. Something had to give and it looks like Kemsley's influence has had an effect albeit 18 months down the line. It will be interesting to see how Bent 'Arry does in the job and there's not many bigger tests than the Woolwich Wanderers this week.

The players seemed happier over the weekend. Bentley has found his crossing boots again and it looks like Modric has finally started to find his feet! and Zokora was not in the starting line up!

Well I asked what Spurs had in their locker to get out of the mess they were in.

They did not have anything...and the Chairman new it.

Bringing Harry in was a stroke of genius, he will turn things around and has made a fantastic start already, Bentley seems to now be the player they payed all that money for !

Good Luck

Megson will go next as Spurs will probably send them bottom soon