Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of another game a couple of seasons back when the lads knocked Chelsea out by the same scoreline and a certain G.Poyet was playing for the home side.

Just hope Ramos doesn't sit back and allows the transfer window to close without at least bringing in a quality left back.

The mighty spurs rock Arsenal!!!

Juande Ramos, Gus Poyet and the players were united in their praise for the fans after our Carling Cup semi-final victory over Arsenal.

There was an electric atmosphere inside the Lane before kick-off, so you can imagine how the noise levels increased after every goal, the roof lifting off when Steed Malbranque tapped home the fifth and final goal in injury time. Even Gunners legend Paul Merson - in the studio working for Sky Sports - was moved to comment on the stadium 'rocking'. "That crowd was brilliant," he commented.

Head Coach Juande beamed: "To get to a final in such a short period of time since I came here is a fantastic achievement and even more so for the fans, who are tremendously happy. It's been a long time since they've had a flavour of a final. That makes it all the more satisfying."

"For us to win for every Spurs supporter all over the world is fantastic," added coach Gus. "The atmosphere can never be a better one than this because it is Arsenal and it is our house. So if you want to celebrate a big victory I think this was the perfect day."

Robbie Keane, goalscorer on the night and second longest serving player in the current squad behind Ledley King, knew how much it meant to everyone. "Since I have been here we have not beaten Arsenal so it is a special occasion for the players but also the fans who come here week in, week out.

"We've had disappointments so it was great for us to be able to do that for them. We are absolutely buzzing and now we can look forward to a final."

Dimitar Berbatov was almost at a loss for words when asked about the atmosphere in the stadium. "There are no words to describe it," he said. "We did it for them and every fan who loves Tottenham. Now let's hope we can go to Wembley and do it again."

Absolutely fantastic!!

Bring on Wembley!!

Come on you spurs!!

What an utter tit Paul Merson is , the best compliment he could pay Sours last night is by admitting that ' some of them Spurs lads could probably make it into Arsenal's first team....................'

Knob jockey..... :o

It was nice to see him squirm like a little maggot on live tv though, Chon eh!!

Poxy <deleted> gooner!

Bring on the chelski!

Spurs get green light to talk to £7m Woodgate

Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate after having an offer of more than £7million accepted.

Spurs have been given permission to talk to the 28-year-old England international as they attempt to push home their nterest in him.

They have been trailing the former Leeds player for some time and have now made their move with a bid which is believed to top the £7million Boro paid Real Madrid to secure his services last summer.

Their approach comes after weeks of speculation linking the North London club with the Teessiders' England winger Stewart Downing.

Spurs will hope to tie up their swoop for a player who was heavily linked with former club Newcastle earlier this week as Boro continue their own pursuit of Heerenveen's Brazilian striker Afonso Alves.

Manager Gareth Southgate, backed by chief executive Keith Lamb, yesterday insisted that no bids had been received for any of his players amid mounting speculation over Woodgate and Downing.

However, things have moved on rapidly since then with the January transfer window entering its final week.

After a superb campaign on loan from Real last season, Woodgate, who is currently sidelined by a shin problem, has struggled to reproduce that form this time around because of a series of niggling injuries.

With David Wheater having emerged from the club's Academy, £6million signing Robert Huth finally fully fit, Emanuel Pogatetz having proved his worth and Matthew Bates fighting his way back from long-term injury, Boro have cover in central defence.

That is something Southgate has insisted he must have if is to consider allowing a player to leave the club.

He said: 'We wouldn't let anybody go unless we thought we were suitably covered in that position or had somebody else coming in who we thought could replace the player that was going.'

Meanwhile, Boro are hoping to press home their own interest in Alves today as they attempt to beat the clock.

The Teessiders are believed to have agreed personal terms with the player, but still have to settle on a fee with the two clubs' valuations still some distance apart. they attempt to beat the clock.

The fact that Alves' initial application would automatically be rejected means an appeal would be necessary, and that process would take several days.

Spurs get green light to talk to £7m Woodgate

Done and dusted and he played against Everton. We kept a clean sheet. I didnt see how he played as the pub I was in had several matches on in different rooms and I didnt realise they were showing the Spurs match. So how did he do?

Couldnt have been to bad to keep Everton out.

shipping out Defoe was a shock but good luck to him.

Seems that Ramos has really shook up that defence with Hutton, Gilberto, the guy from Cardiff. All you need now is to get rid of that donkey Dawson & you might get somewhere :o

Can you expand on that Trevor?

Sorry. I changed my Avatar to the new shirt Spurs are selling for the cup final but all my new posts went with the old Avatar. I mailed a moderator about it as I cant seem to fix it but noone hjas replied. Anyone know what I did wrong and how do you dlete a message after its been posted. As you can tell I am not a computer wiz Also it should have gone into the Tottenham thread and needs moving . Well Well I have just noticed miraculously everything has just been put in order.

Sorry. I changed my Avatar to the new shirt Spurs are selling for the cup final but all my new posts went with the old Avatar. I mailed a moderator about it as I cant seem to fix it but noone hjas replied. Anyone know what I did wrong and how do you dlete a message after its been posted. As you can tell I am not a computer wiz Also it should have gone into the Tottenham thread and needs moving . Well Well I have just noticed miraculously everything has just been put in order.

Sorry i didnt reply MT. But i could see your avatar. I then merged your posts for you. Sometimes when you change your avatar it may take a while to come good. Or to hurry it along , you can clear your cache.

What is it with Portsmouth taking on Spurs players? They have had Pomarot / Davies / Pedro Mendes / Campbell (via the Gooners admittedly) / Routledge (on loan) and now Defoe. Fair few eh? It used to be Spurs taking West Ham players but all change.

View on Defoe going? Well for me he's a lazy sod and I'm not so sad he's gone but I don't see so much depth up front and if one of the front 2 gets a serious knock we are in strife unless the 16million quid misfit gets himself going and who wants to rely on that one?

Defenseively superb on paper although wouldn't have had Woodgate on a list of 20 potential centre halfs meself but Dawson has been completely ineffective at the back this season and excellent that has been sorted out and the absolute requirement was the left full back so should be interesting later today if all 3 new boys get a start and I'l wager they all do.

Sorry i didnt reply MT. But i could see your avatar. I then merged your posts for you. Sometimes when you change your avatar it may take a while to come good. Or to hurry it along , you can clear your cache.

Many thanks for your help

What is it with Portsmouth taking on Spurs players? They have had Pomarot / Davies / Pedro Mendes / Campbell (via the Gooners admittedly) / Routledge (on loan) and now Defoe. Fair few eh? It used to be Spurs taking West Ham players but all change.

View on Defoe going? Well for me he's a lazy sod and I'm not so sad he's gone but I don't see so much depth up front and if one of the front 2 gets a serious knock we are in strife unless the 16million quid misfit gets himself going and who wants to rely on that one?

Defenseively superb on paper although wouldn't have had Woodgate on a list of 20 potential centre halfs meself but Dawson has been completely ineffective at the back this season and excellent that has been sorted out and the absolute requirement was the left full back so should be interesting later today if all 3 new boys get a start and I'l wager they all do.

Well to my mind the name of Rednap will always be associated with West Ham so I am not surprised there are close links now. As for the new boys it will take a few matches for them to blend together so I dont expect much of a result against Man U today

So close!!

Despite conceding a heartbreaking late, late equaliser, Juande Ramos refused to see Saturday's draw against United as two points dropped.

The reigning champions and title contenders - arriving at the Lane with10 wins in 11 league games - needed an unfortunate own goal from Michael Dawson to rescue a point.

Outstanding in central defence alongside Jonathan Woodgate, ‘Daws’ dived in with Carlos Tevez at the near post to meet Nani’s corner but could only divert the ball past Radek Cerny.

It was a hammer blow to the lads, who had worked tirelessly to both defend and try to add to the lead gained via Dimitar Berbatov’s deft finish after 21 minutes. United actually created very few clear-cut chances and Radek Cerny was forced to make only one save of note, a fine tip around at full stretch to deny Anderson.

“When you are playing against a team like Manchester United you can’t consider it two points dropped,” insisted Head Coach Juande.

“It is true that we were very close to winning but the game doesn’t end until the referee blows the final whistle. Obviously with it being the last corner of the match we were very unlucky to concede an own goal and that’s the result.

“The team was very solid. United had more possession but didn’t look like they were coming close to scoring but these things happen in football.

“You have to give credit to Manchester United and it was unfortunate for us in how the goal was scored.”

There was praise for Alan Hutton, who performed admirably on his debut just days after joining the club and grew stronger and stronger as the game went on.

“He played well considering it was his first game,” added Juande. “He’s only trained for two days so he hasn’t had a much of a chance to get to know his new team-mates.

“It was an interesting game for him and we’ll see him improving as he fits in and gets to know his team-mates more and more.”

So close!!

Despite conceding a heartbreaking late, late equaliser, Juande Ramos refused to see Saturday's draw against United as two points dropped.

The reigning champions and title contenders - arriving at the Lane with10 wins in 11 league games - needed an unfortunate own goal from Michael Dawson to rescue a point.

Outstanding in central defence alongside Jonathan Woodgate, 'Daws' dived in with Carlos Tevez at the near post to meet Nani's corner but could only divert the ball past Radek Cerny.

It was a hammer blow to the lads, who had worked tirelessly to both defend and try to add to the lead gained via Dimitar Berbatov's deft finish after 21 minutes. United actually created very few clear-cut chances and Radek Cerny was forced to make only one save of note, a fine tip around at full stretch to deny Anderson.

"When you are playing against a team like Manchester United you can't consider it two points dropped," insisted Head Coach Juande.

"It is true that we were very close to winning but the game doesn't end until the referee blows the final whistle. Obviously with it being the last corner of the match we were very unlucky to concede an own goal and that's the result.

"The team was very solid. United had more possession but didn't look like they were coming close to scoring but these things happen in football.

"You have to give credit to Manchester United and it was unfortunate for us in how the goal was scored."

There was praise for Alan Hutton, who performed admirably on his debut just days after joining the club and grew stronger and stronger as the game went on.

"He played well considering it was his first game," added Juande. "He's only trained for two days so he hasn't had a much of a chance to get to know his new team-mates.

"It was an interesting game for him and we'll see him improving as he fits in and gets to know his team-mates more and more."

Well done lads. I was very impressed and things look rosy for the future. But then again I said that at the end of last season

Have to admit that Spurs are looking to be developing into a quality team. United again showed their own resilience to keep going right till the end, and this is what seperates them from a lot of teams.

Unlucky Spurs, but being a United fan I'm pleased and relieved with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

CUP FINAL

Dont come round too often !! i havnt missed one since 1982 vs QPR !! but alas i will be in Bangers for this one

Checked e-bay today , 2 x 33 quid tics going for 1270 GBP !!!! unreal

Really wish there was a pub frequented by Spurs fans , i could suggest one on Soi 33 if there is any interest , projector and 2 flat screens , this could be a possibility if theres any interest ????

COME ON U SPURSSSSSS

COMEEEE ONN YOUUU SPURRRSSSS

Who let the Yids out ?

Soi 33 , here i come , pass me a Sing ?

WEMBERRLLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

fantastic, euphoric, yipeeeeeeeeeeee, bloody marvellous. I would have posted earlier but Ive only just sobered up. Now I think we are ready to play with the big boys.

Archived