Tottenham Thread

chonabot

AVB clinched it for us when he jumped up right at 4 mins....otherwise the ref would have allowed another 5 mins easy....

the four minutes of injury time were "an insult to the game" according to ferguson. he really is hugely embarrassing at times.

He always adds "Aye,there's no doubt about that" at the end as though it's cast in stone and don't you dare dispute it.

AVB clinched it for us when he jumped up right at 4 mins....otherwise the ref would have allowed another 5 mins easy....

the four minutes of injury time were "an insult to the game" according to ferguson. he really is hugely embarrassing at times.

How was he to know it was four minutes? He has a magical watch that contracts or expands time according to how his team are doing. According to him they'd only played 3 seconds of injury time before the ref blew the whistle. It is Einsteinian in its wonder.

biggrin.png

His watch is a cosmic and geological oddity. Time and space revolve around it.

Immense performance, especially by our defense in the second half. Slightly worrying that our midfield couldn't get a grip on scholes and carrick in the second half, but parker bac should go a way 2 sorting that out. What a way to open your scoring account for Dempsey the winning goal at old trafford, <deleted>. As for our strike force Defoe did ok in the first half but couldnt 'hold' the ball up enough in the second when we desperately needed it, lets hope vb gets adeboy up and running soon. Good to see Dawson getting on, and even though it was just for a short time he got a couple of decent headers in. seven unbeaten and from what i can see we can still improve.

Yes it was immense rijit and not the performance of so called "mutinous" players as reported in yesterday mornings Sun newspaper.

I suppose the question is whether Paul Jiggins of the Sun, (Harry Redknapps newspaper chum) the biggest TIT in uk football journalism? He already found himself looking a <deleted> at his claims about Lloris! i f*cking hate that garbage paper and their vile poisnous lying journos

You spend waaaaay too much time on the scousers thread mate! :P

“Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said the four minutes of injury time they gave us. That's an insult to the game. It denies you a proper chance to win a football match."

What a sore loser – the grumpy old bugger certainly seems to have 'one foot in the grave' these days

I just cannot believe him!

Victor+Meldrew+250.jpg

Congratulations to all Spurs followers worldwide on your HISTORIC TRIUMPH at the Theatre of Dreams yesterday!

wai.gif A truly wonderful occasion for you all.

As a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed it, though they really didn't have a lot to beat. wink.png

To be fair if we hadn't stopped playing in the 2nd half thus letting them back in the game i think it could have been 3 or 4 !

• Like 1

Congratulations to all Spurs followers worldwide on your HISTORIC TRIUMPH at the Theatre of Dreams yesterday!

As a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed it, though they really didn't have a lot to beat. wink.png

To be fair if we hadn't stopped playing in the 2nd half thus letting them back in the game i think it could have been 3 or 4 !

Yep even in the second half they were ripe for the picking 2 be hit on the break, and with the pace we have they should have been taken. we didnt seem to be able to release bale, or lennon on the right come to that, perhaps on the left we missed assoe boy, he can pick a ball and has developed a v v good understanding with bale.

I think Vertonghen was outstanding at left back. He's faster than BAE, physically stronger, better in the air and his pass completion is far superior. i also think he's already starting to strike up a good understanding with Bale.

With the emergence of Caulker as a starter i thnk it will be very dificult for BAE to get back in baring injuries.

For me a fully fit Spurs, once Brad changes into his slippers would be;

Lloris

Walker Caulker Kaboul Vertoghen

Sandro/Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Adebayor

Thats a handful for anyone

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Yeah strong team for sure and in time you might be right Carmine bout verity, but the proof is in the pudding and 2nd half yesterday whern the manure were pilling on the pressure on the break they were there 4 the taking and verity couldn't cut bale lose, maybe in time it will come good. adeboy playing up front and holding up play is key 4 us , lets hope my cynical side is totally wrong and we get another good season out of him.

Well done to Spuds, no complaints from me. Just cost me 500 bucks. Ouch.

You'd have got a price of 5-1 from a UK bookies for a Spurs win yesterday.

You do mean 500 baht it cost you, right?

No, Dollars

It was 3!!! told you lot are in cuckoo land cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I see the RAGS are gallant in their loss as usual. Maybe the United in decline thread needs a bump biggrin.png

Learn to read .......wink.png

I see the RAGS are gallant in their loss as usual. Maybe the United in decline thread needs a bump biggrin.png

And Best you start to learn to lose with grace red, cos with that defense its gonna start happening more and more.biggrin.png

a really good victory, the one in carlisle, the other wasnt bad either, 23 years waiting, always remembering roy carroll's behind the line grab, when the pundits mention the long wait.

Quite! Going on a bout the "long wait' was such a load of BS! Just bad decisions and yes, an exceptional Man Utd over twenty years but not that exceptional.

Gave those witless clueless pundits something to bore on about i suppose

I think Vertonghen was outstanding at left back. He's faster than BAE, physically stronger, better in the air and his pass completion is far superior. i also think he's already starting to strike up a good understanding with Bale.

With the emergence of Caulker as a starter i thnk it will be very dificult for BAE to get back in baring injuries.

Lloris

Sandro/Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Adebayor

Vertoghen is going straight in my fantasy team this weekend after that. i didn't know who he was a week ago, apparently he doesn't mind scoring a few now and then. Great signing

Lloris

Sandro/Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Adebayor

Vertoghen is going straight in my fantasy team this weekend after that. i didn't know who he was a week ago, apparently he doesn't mind scoring a few now and then. Great signing

Had the highest passing rate in the dutch league last season at 90% completion. Without doubt our best player so far this season and with the injuries to BAE and Naughton has gotten us out of a right hole.

• Like 1

I also understand that Vertonghen plays at left back for the Belgium national team,

which makes me think that with his passing and dribbling ability is a little wasted

playing as a centre back for Spurs, and should stay as our left back.

I also understand that Vertonghen plays at left back for the Belgium national team,

which makes me think that with his passing and dribbling ability is a little wasted

playing as a centre back for Spurs, and should stay as our left back.

He only plays at left back for the national side because they already have two world class center backs but he is also their best left back. His chosen position is center back. This allows them to play Kompny and vermaelen aswell

Edited by carmine

And Best you start to learn to lose with grace red, cos with that defense its gonna start happening more and more.biggrin.png

I offered my congrats above,i am not deluded like a few on here mate.....you are correct are defense was very bad but it will get better,that it only can and you just hung on for a win against us despite your delirious spuds mates rants.

All of a sudden you are world beaters again...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I offered my congrats above,i am not deluded like a few on here mate.....you are correct are defense was very bad but it will get better,that it only can and you just hung on for a win against us despite your delirious spuds mates rants.

All of a sudden you are world beaters again...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What has anyone said for you to claim they are deluded ? where has anyone said we are worldbeaters ? all we did was beat you and your not exactly world class !

Edited by alfieconn