Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just for the hell of it, and because I'm bored, I will hereby hold forth about Lamela. He's having the same problem establishing himself with the Argentina NT as he is with Spurs. In fact, it wouldn't be a shocker if he doesn't make the Argie WC squad. He's essentially an attacking mid and not really a forward and not really a winger. He has wonderful dribbling skills, can distribute well, with a killer through ball, and can score a goal. But he is definitely not very physical, not an exceptional defender, and he is still young and relatively inexperienced.

I think when Spurs bought Lamela they bought a project. I think he'll struggle some with EPL play and whether he'll finally adapt and be worth $30mil is up in the air. He probably is better suited for La Liga or back in Serie A, but time will tell.coffee1.gif

I thought he played wide right for Roma jd ? also i hope he will be worth more than 30 dollars as he he cost a lot more than that !

Freudian slip???laugh.png

& before you become abusive ...Go f&ck yeself!!

Just for the hell of it, and because I'm bored, I will hereby hold forth about Lamela. He's having the same problem establishing himself with the Argentina NT as he is with Spurs. In fact, it wouldn't be a shocker if he doesn't make the Argie WC squad. He's essentially an attacking mid and not really a forward and not really a winger. He has wonderful dribbling skills, can distribute well, with a killer through ball, and can score a goal. But he is definitely not very physical, not an exceptional defender, and he is still young and relatively inexperienced.

I think when Spurs bought Lamela they bought a project. I think he'll struggle some with EPL play and whether he'll finally adapt and be worth $30mil is up in the air. He probably is better suited for La Liga or back in Serie A, but time will tell.coffee1.gif

I thought he played wide right for Roma jd ? also i hope he will be worth more than 30 dollars as he he cost a lot more than that !

He did play on the right Alfie, but drifting in to the middle most of the time. I just don't think he is the quintessential winger. I'm not down on the kid at all, I like him, but I don't think he's going to explode on the scene at WHL right away. I get the impression (probably because of his price tag) that many Spurs fans expected a finished product who was going to replace Bale's goals. Maybe Lamela will eventually become that kind of player but now I see him more as a complementary footballer.

He did play on the right Alfie, but drifting in to the middle most of the time. I just don't think he is the quintessential winger. I'm not down on the kid at all, I like him, but I don't think he's going to explode on the scene at WHL right away. I get the impression (probably because of his price tag) that many Spurs fans expected a finished product who was going to replace Bale's goals. Maybe Lamela will eventually become that kind of player but now I see him more as a complementary footballer.

...and he's only 21.

Spurs will get their 30 mil back I think Jelly.

If he makes it in the Prem he can do it anywhere.

Maybe AVB is just going slowly and wisely with him.

You have a fine picture for your avatar that we all respect so, why don't you stop trolling, you sound like a dick, and start talking sensible football stuff that we would all like to hear.

You must be bored to comment on things like that, may i suggest that you get yourself a life cheesy.gif

Trade him in for a couple of midfielders. biggrin.png

...and he's only 21.

Won't improve his chances of making the Argentinian WC squad.......the kids head might go down.

...and he's only 21.

Won't improve his chances of making the Argentinian WC squad.......the kids head might go down.

This is true.

You have a fine picture for your avatar that we all respect so, why don't you stop trolling, you sound like a dick, and start talking sensible football stuff that we would all like to hear.

Thanks for the respect about my pic.

The rest though is where you fall flat on your face,I don't bow down to bully boy tactics or gang mentality.This WE thing ,what is it? You lot especially the Spurs lads seem to think everyone has to conform to your way,your way or the highway?

I ain't trolling ,if you want to believe that ,fine,but if i'm given shit and ganged up on by you & your cronies I will bite back,simple as that.

As to talking sensible footy stuff ...? Who know's ? Here's a starter for 10 ,Spurs to go yet another season without f/all trophies & to finish 8th ,AVB to get sacked & anyone seen wearing a kippah anywhere near the lane will be nicked for incitement .

YNWA.

The rest though is where you fall flat on your face,I don't bow down to bully boy tactics or gang mentality.This WE thing ,what is it? You lot especially the Spurs lads seem to think everyone has to conform to your way,your way or the highway?

I ain't trolling ,if you want to believe that ,fine,but if i'm given shit and ganged up on by you & your cronies I will bite back,simple as that.

As to talking sensible footy stuff ...? Who know's ? Here's a starter for 10 ,Spurs to go yet another season without f/all trophies & to finish 8th ,AVB to get sacked & anyone seen wearing a kippah anywhere near the lane will be nicked for incitement .

YNWA.

Get a grip brains.....you will finish lower than Tottenham yet again....and your bilious retort just serves to confirm it.

As to a pack mentality well....we each speak for ourselves on this forum and always have....if we agree on something it usually is proved right but the jury remains out....for now.

I am talking about Lamela and Soldado before you get excited btw.....

I like this and hope you are right thumbsup.gif

At £30 million though, I'm sure every fan, player and the manager expected a finished product.

YNWA.

Get a grip brains.....you will finish lower than Tottenham yet again....and your bilious retort just serves to confirm it.

As to a pack mentality well....we each speak for ourselves on this forum and always have....if we agree on something it usually is proved right but the jury remains out....for now.

I am talking about Lamela and Soldado before you get excited btw.....

Judge n jury.

Case closed.

I like this and hope you are right thumbsup.gif

At £30 million though, I'm sure every fan, player and the manager expected a finished product.

At 21 we expect bags of talent....to be fair he has hardly played for us.

The Frenchman, now 46, played for Newcastle, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Everton before retiring in 2002.

He is well-known for being a style guru, previously modelling for cosmetic company L'Oreal.

No, he's well known for crying like a baby every time Dixon dumped him on his arse.

biggrin.png

Don't be silly, Ginola used to fall over every time anyone touched him, too scared of ruining his hair.

That's why Aime Jacquet dumped him out of the France team, he was pretty to look at but ineffective.

Are we talking about the same player? This is same guy that was the footballer of the year right? One of the best players to grace our league! He was a magnificent player and you of all, an Arsenal fan should know of the quirks within the French national team set up that are something that only the French would understand.

Remember were talking about a national coaching set up that endorsed not taking Karim Benzema to the world cup!

Anyways, i'm well aware you are just up for a wind up if fairly transparentbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Anyway, the small matter of Villa-Spurs coming up.

As a Chelsea fan, a Villa win would suit.

As a neutral, I would like Spurs to thrash them with a display of unparalleled football quality.

Enjoy.

Difficult one to predict, any predictions from the Spurs fans?

I have just viewed the Bale dive against Malaga.

Absolutely disgraceful.

I am therefore hoping for a Spurs win to help erase some history.

The bigger the margin the better.

It ain't like the first time SP. He was a true blue dive artist with Spurs as well.post-4641-1156694606.gif.pagespeed.ce.-w

He will become seriously unstuck in Madrid.

Guarantee it.

Fans, press and other players in the league will rip him apart.

And Ronaldo will continue to score every game and look at Bale like he is a piece of sh**

Well done Ozil. Good on ya matey.