Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Fair point, improved our squad and that could come into play. Have to wait and see come May.

Can I go back to January, now we definitely got value for money in Sturridge and Coutinho.

To be fair YB, law of averages ses your going to get right sometimes whistling.gif

Starting to think AVB might throw in a couple of selection surprises on sunday Alf. Any thoughts?

If the surprise is Lennon on the left i might end up launching my tele....

To be fair carms, playing Lennon on the left wouldn't be a surprise rolleyes.gif

Well carms, sort of changing my stance on playing Ade, a month ago i was thinking that he would be a good alternative to Soldado, now i'm thinking will he score more goals than Soldado ? is he better in the box than Soladado ? ok he might be better at coming deep and linking play etc but is that what we really need from a lone forward ? perhaps he will play Ade in the forward midfield role instead of Eriksen although this is one game he shouldn't be trying that.

I still can't see AVB being swayed by all the critisism of not scoring enough and playing a 442, well i hope he isn't !

I still think that AVB's plan has been to keep it tight thus playing a 4-2-3-1 which is a defensive formation and i can't see that changing tomorrow !

So the team i think he will put out :

Lloris

Walker Dawson Kaboul Vert

Beast Paulinho

Townsend Holtby / Dembele Sig

Soldado

Ade on the bench, perhaps a surprise and playing in one of the mid attacking roles although i can't see it really.

Footnote : whats this about we ain't signing a new left back !

Fair point, improved our squad and that could come into play. Have to wait and see come May.

Can I go back to January, now we definitely got value for money in Sturridge and Coutinho.

To be fair YB, law of averages ses your going to get right sometimes whistling.gif

Starting to think AVB might throw in a couple of selection surprises on sunday Alf. Any thoughts?

To be fair carms, playing Lennon on the left wouldn't be a surprise rolleyes.gif

Well carms, sort of changing my stance on playing Ade, a month ago i was thinking that he would be a good alternative to Soldado, now i'm thinking will he score more goals than Soldado ? is he better in the box than Soladado ? ok he might be better at coming deep and linking play etc but is that what we really need from a lone forward ? perhaps he will play Ade in the forward midfield role instead of Eriksen although this is one game he shouldn't be trying that.

I still can't see AVB being swayed by all the critisism of not scoring enough and playing a 442, well i hope he isn't !

I still think that AVB's plan has been to keep it tight thus playing a 4-2-3-1 which is a defensive formation and i can't see that changing tomorrow !

Lloris

Beast Paulinho

Soldado

Ade on the bench, perhaps a surprise and playing in one of the mid attacking roles although i can't see it really.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Lloris

Beast Paulinho

Soldado

Agree on the back four and the brazillians. I also can't see Adebayor playing or remotely match fit for that matter despite the paper talk so i'll also go along with Soldado to. what i'd like to see is a surprise attacking mad of Lamela Dembele and Townsend. Risky but worth a go if we are to get anything out of this one

Lloris

Beast Paulinho

Soldado

Agree on the back four and the brazillians. I also can't see Adebayor playing or remotely match fit for that matter despite the paper talk so i'll also go along with Soldado to. what i'd like to see is a surprise attacking mad of Lamela Dembele and Townsend. Risky but worth a go if we are to get anything out of this one

I hope you win but i think Defoe should play for his guile,Soldado is just piss poor and short on confidence,

Lloris,

Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen,

Paulinho, Sandro,

Lennon, Holtby, Lamela,

Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Chiriches, Dembele, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Defoe.

Happy with that carmine? surprised he has left Dembele on the bench instead of Holtby.

Would you of dropped you best performing player?

He seems to have been listening to the fans for once regarding Camela.

Edited by MrRed

^“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing.”

Being under pressure (or not) is your own reaction to any given situation you find yourself in...............In other words pressure is self inflicted.

Pressure can be self inflicted, but it can also be put on you. it is called pressure because it is the weight of circumstance. Sometimes that weight is brought on by the person, sometimes by others. In fact pressure, by nature, needs to be applied by an external force, but obviously we are being a bit more abstract than that.coffee1.gif

4-0 Is this pressure you are putting on yourselves, or is the pressure being applied by city???cheesy.gif (always wanted to use that)

Edited by nellyp

We'll see Nads....I am looking forward to this one biggrin.png

Oh Dear Oh Dear, 1 - 0 after "14" SECONDS, Alfie will be facepalm.giffacepalm.gifw00t.gif all day. coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

We'll win BT....keep the faith! wink.png

Smokes you mean it's a game of 2 halves ???? 3 - 0 is quite impressive though smile.png

BT biggrin.png

^“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing.”

Being under pressure (or not) is your own reaction to any given situation you find yourself in...............In other words pressure is self inflicted.

Pressure can be self inflicted, but it can also be put on you. it is called pressure because it is the weight of circumstance. Sometimes that weight is brought on by the person, sometimes by others. In fact pressure, by nature, needs to be applied by an external force, but obviously we are being a bit more abstract than that.coffee1.gif

4-0 Is this pressure you are putting on yourselves, or is the pressure being applied by city???cheesy.gif (always wanted to use that)

Pressure is not the weight of circumstance put on you, it's your reaction to that weight of circumstance that decides whether you're 'under pressure'. It's not pressure that's applied by an external force, it's what you've termed 'weight of circumstance' (which is probably a good phrase). If you can absorb that 'weight of circumstance' without letting it affect you, or what you are doing, in any way you're not under pressure So pressure is always self inflicted.wai2.gif

Tottenham are obviously reacting badly to that 'weight of circumstance'. rolleyes.gif

Edited by sumrit

Pressure is not the weight of circumstance put on you, it's your reaction to that weight of circumstance that decides whether you're 'under pressure'. It's not pressure that's applied by an external force, it's what you've termed 'weight of circumstance' (which is probably a good phrase). If you can absorb that 'weight of circumstance' without letting it affect you, or what you are doing, in any way you're not under pressure So pressure is always self inflicted.wai2.gif

Tottenham are obviously reacting badly to that 'weight of circumstance'. rolleyes.gif

This is not a physics forum so these are my last comments on pressure

The application of continuous force by one body on another that it is touching

the weight or force that is produced when something presses or pushes against something else. : the action of pressing or pushing against something

Pressure is something that is applied to something else, but i admit that you can feel pressurized, which you may or may not be able to counterwai2.gif

Semantics aside being able to cope with pressure is an attribute that makes the good great

This is not a physics forum so these are my last comments on pressure

The application of continuous force by one body on another that it is touching

the weight or force that is produced when something presses or pushes against something else. : the action of pressing or pushing against something

Pressure is something that is applied to something else, but i admit that you can feel pressurized, which you may or may not be able to counterwai2.gif

Semantics aside being able to cope with pressure is an attribute that makes the good great

You're talking about physical pressure while I'm talking about mental pressure........................Two different things.

Let's call it a draw.thumbsup.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

cheesy.gif

Anyone seen Alfie lately?

Is he in talks with Joe Lewis & Dan Levy sorting out the fine details of a contract to replace AVB in the morning?

Not AVB's fault!! They're in a transitional period remember. It takes a while to turn 100m worth of talent into a cohesive unitcheesy.gif

cheesy.gif

Anyone seen Alfie lately?

Is he in talks with Joe Lewis & Dan Levy sorting out the fine details of a contract to replace AVB in the morning?

Not AVB's fault!! They're in a transitional period remember. It takes a while to turn 100m worth of talent into a cohesive unitcheesy.gif

what was it levy said? "we've sold elvis but signed the beatles"? club officials are very good at making come-back-to-kick-you-up-the-arse comments like that.