Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So its back to the top table again for most likely our last feast of the season......any predictions for tonights game? :o

The rain from Spain will fall mainly on White Hart Lane.

If Spurs turn this around it will be the greatest achievement since my mother in law caught her left tit in the mangle.

The forecast is for rain today....mind its been great weather lately.

Turn it around? Aye even to my total disbelief....I hope we score a goal. :D

I think you will score a few ;) but a few is not enough to join the elite :D

Its been a fine season mate but one of the few regrets is that Barca don't get to beat you lot twice....:D

I think with our old and decrepid team that was going to win nothing at the start of the season,i will gladly take a Wembley final against them.

It would be an achievment just to get there and play them and who knows....stranger things have happened :D

I hope you do it tonight you will need a couple early to have any chance and then they can punish you on the break like we do to quality teams too.

I think you will score a few ;) but a few is not enough to join the elite :D

Its been a fine season mate but one of the few regrets is that Barca don't get to beat you lot twice....:D

I think with our old and decrepid team that was going to win nothing at the start of the season,i will gladly take a Wembley final against them.

It would be an achievment just to get there and play them and who knows....stranger things have happened :D

I hope you do it tonight you will need a couple early to have any chance and then they can punish you on the break like we do to quality teams too.

Have to hope they are quickly reduced to nine men with both goalies sent off. Then we'll see. :lol:

Aye a couple of early goals.....unlikely with Mourinho's tactical nous.....maybe he'll enjoy the atmosphere though. ;)

So its back to the top table again for most likely our last feast of the season......any predictions for tonights game? :o

I suppore the biggest question is can Real Madrid join an illustrious list, that includes Wigan & West Ham, in not allowing the most Attacking Team in Europe to score a Goal in 3 hours of Football against them..

So, it's nearly time..

Other questions on people's lips are :

Has Aaron recovered from his sore Thoat ??

Is Henry serious when he sayss T*ttingham can over turn a 4-0 First Leg Defeat against Royal Madrid ??

Can VDV actually have a good Game at the top level ??

How many Pictures am i gonna find tonight showing people crying as T*ttingham wave goodbye to a very galiant Champions League Campaign, that ultimately brought them nothing but a few Stamps in their Passport ( & i don't mean any of their Fans who contribute on here, as none of them went to even one of the Games ) & a heroic fightback that will be remembered forever & the springboarded the Mong Boy to World Class level status, yet they lost ??

brought them nothing but a few Stamps in their Passport ( & i don't mean any of their Fans who contribute on here, as none of them went to even one of the Games ) & a heroic fightback that will be remembered forever & the springboarded the Mong Boy to World Class level status, yet they lost ??

Nothing ;) you call 30 million pounds nothing, crikey thats 6 Robbie Keanes, nearly half of what your paying for the OS, more that your entire team is worth, nothing :D

brought them nothing but a few Stamps in their Passport ( & i don't mean any of their Fans who contribute on here, as none of them went to even one of the Games ) & a heroic fightback that will be remembered forever & the springboarded the Mong Boy to World Class level status, yet they lost ??

Nothing ;) you call 30 million pounds nothing, crikey thats 6 Robbie Keanes, nearly half of what your paying for the OS, more that your entire team is worth, nothing :D

Yet we still took 4 Points off you & you still couldn't score a Goal against us in 3 hours of Football, mad innit ??

It's actually 7 Robbie Keane's anyway..;)

Tottenham begins London Olympics stadium High Court bid

_51925480_111056055.jpg West Ham's bid defeated Spurs in the race for the Olympic Stadium Tottenham Hotspur has launched legal action at London's High Court over West Ham's successful bid for the 2012 Olympic stadium.

The club said it had sought permission from the court to bring a claim against the east London Borough of Newham.

Newham Council arranged a £40m loan to finance West Ham's move to the stadium after the 2012 Games.

In March, Tottenham lost out to West Ham to become the tenant of the stadium following the Games.

West Ham intend to convert the 80,000-seater stadium into a 60,000-capacity facility which retains an athletics track.

In a statement, Tottenham said: "The club has today sought permission from the High Court to bring a claim against the London Borough of Newham ("Newham") for judicial review of Newham's process in providing a loan for the conversion of the Olympic Stadium after the 2012 Games.

"The club wrote to Newham asking it to explain its reasons and justification for its decision, but Newham has declined to respond to this request for information.

"Due to the time limits which apply to claims for judicial review, the club has had no alternative but to issue these proceedings in order to protect its position.

"The club continues to hold discussions with both local and national government bodies in order to seek to agree a feasible stadium solution."

West Ham plans to move from Upton Park in 2014-15.

Tottenham's joint bid with AEG sport and entertainment group had set out to create a football-only stadium without the track and to redevelop Crystal Palace for athletics.

West Ham, Newham Council and the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC), which is in charge of securing the future of the Olympic Park after the Games, all said they would not comment about the new development.

The OPLC's choice of West Ham as preferred bidder was rubber-stamped by London mayor Boris Johnson and the UK government.

Yet we still took 4 Points off you & you still couldn't score a Goal against us in 3 hours of Football, mad innit ??

So are you saying that you got it wrong when you mention that we got nothing for our adventures in Europe ? one word answer please and no rambling :D

So are you saying that you got it wrong when you mention that we got nothing for our adventures in Europe ? one word answer please and no rambling :D

I only get things wrong if i want to get things wrong, you should know that by now Alfredo..:D

At least you might win the OS :rolleyes:

Let's talk some sense. A fine run in the CL at the first attempt...had some great wins but eventually beaten by a better side in Real Madrid.

A fair chance still of making a CL spot next season so all is well at the Lane. The OS is a non starter for us and a white elephant for the mugs of East London.

:D

Edit: Forgot to mention how much more Madrid and Citeh have spent %wise and why they should have scored more goals and its a disgrace they're not x or y points ahead....no doubt singher will inform us shortly. :o

Edited by smokie36

Morning all,

Could the "away" supporters on this thread endeavour to up the quality of your posts, they're getting rather boring, rambling and predictable. Recent calibre worthy of the Arse/Chelski thread. The hilarity of the Liverpool thread is putting us to shame. :)

Just a happy Songkran heads up, thats all guys. Cheers ;)

Well played last night Spurs. With a friendlier ref we might have had a couple of penalties that Defoe could have blasted over the bar. Alas, our keeper had to do a Gomes. :whistling:

Anyway, a great first season in the CL and a very enjoyable experience. Gareth added a few more bananas to his sell on value. All we have to do now is up the anti in the premier league, which we will, and secure fourth again. :)

At least you might win the OS :rolleyes:

Let's talk some sense. A fine run in the CL at the first attempt...had some great wins but eventually beaten by a better side in Real Madrid.

A fair chance still of making a CL spot next season so all is well at the Lane. The OS is a non starter for us and a white elephant for the mugs of East London.

:D

Edit: Forgot to mention how much more Madrid and Citeh have spent %wise and why they should have scored more goals and its a disgrace they're not x or y points ahead....no doubt singher will inform us shortly. :o

Be careful what you wish for Smokie as i'll inform you how much you have spent more than the likes of FC Twente, Schalke etc..;)

Morning all,

Could the "away" supporters on this thread endeavour to up the quality of your posts, they're getting rather boring, rambling and predictable. Recent calibre worthy of the Arse/Chelski thread. The hilarity of the Liverpool thread is putting us to shame. :)

Anyway, a great first season in the CL and a very enjoyable experience. Gareth added a few more bananas to his sell on value. All we have to do now is up the anti in the premier league, which we will, and secure fourth again.

Of course yeah, i will, no danger..

But before i'd do i'd like to point out that, like Everton, i doubt if you'll see further Season's in CL Football so i'm glad you all had an enjoyable experience, even if none of you could be arsed to actually go to a Game..:)

Let me up the quality of Posting now..

post-55211-0-92919100-1302757996_thumb.j

Funny that singh, very funny....:huh:

Actually i also noted that you did'nt go to our derby game at White Hart Lane, which lets face it, must have been the Hammers biggest game in years....as confirmed by your and imola's celebrations getting a point. :lol:

Morning all,

Well played last night Spurs. With a friendlier ref we might have had a couple of penalties that Defoe could have blasted over the bar. Alas, our keeper had to do a Gomes. :whistling:

Anyway, a great first season in the CL and a very enjoyable experience. Gareth added a few more bananas to his sell on value. All we have to do now is up the anti in the premier league, which we will, and secure fourth again. :)

I take it your upset with the OS's decision then and also your thrashing by Madrid.....so you come on here blaming the "away" support for there quality of posts.

I think you should look at the quality of your squad more realistically :D Happy that you enjoyed the Champions league (i am still enjoying it)

So you understand that Gareth will be going very soon?

come fouth no way mate.

Funny that singh, very funny....:huh:

Actually i also noted that you did'nt go to our derby game at White Hart Lane, which lets face it, must have been the Hammers biggest game in years....as confirmed by your and imola's celebrations getting a point. :lol:

Ahhhh diddums, somebody upset & lost their sense of humour after being shown up as a Club & Team that, like their Star Player RVD, just can't quite cut it at the very top level, but you deludedly thought you could ?? :D

I'll have it be known that i've watched T*ttenham Live more times in the last few Years than all of you lot out together i'd guess, my little Trip to China made sure of that..;)

So, it's nearly time..

Other questions on people's lips are :

Has Aaron recovered from his sore Thoat ?? - Tick, of course he has.

Is Henry serious when he sayss T*ttingham can over turn a 4-0 First Leg Defeat against Royal Madrid ?? - Tick, of course he was.

Can VDV actually have a good Game at the top level ?? - Tick, of course he can't.

How many Pictures am i gonna find tonight showing people crying as T*ttingham wave goodbye to a very galiant Champions League Campaign, that ultimately brought them nothing but a few Stamps in their Passport ( & i don't mean any of their Fans who contribute on here, as none of them went to even one of the Games ) & a heroic fightback that will be remembered forever & the springboarded the Mong Boy to World Class level status, yet they lost ?? - Give me time.

:)

Of course yeah, i will, no danger..

But before i'd do i'd like to point out that, like Everton, i doubt if you'll see further Season's in CL Football so i'm glad you all had an enjoyable experience, even if none of you could be arsed to actually go to a Game..:)

Let me up the quality of Posting now..

post-55211-0-92919100-1302757996_thumb.j

boring, rambling and predictable, all in one post 41.gif

So you understand that Gareth will be going very soon?

For a big fee of course, just like Ronaldo :(

I think Fergie would like him to replace Giggs on the left.

I don't think money is a problem but if it is he might offer players that Harry is interested in.