Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I dont think Liverpool supporters really compare themselves with Spurs, they are more worried about clubs that have more resources than Liverpool itself such as Utd Chelsea and City. It is good to see Spurs showing a short term deviation from the fundamentals though as it obviously gives the club hope

Quite right, you shouldn't compare yourselves with Spurs as you havn't got close to us for 3 years24.gif .

I dont think Liverpool supporters really compare themselves with Spurs, they are more worried about clubs that have more resources than Liverpool itself such as Utd Chelsea and City. It is good to see Spurs showing a short term deviation from the fundamentals though as it obviously gives the club hope

Quite right, you shouldn't compare yourselves with Spurs as you havn't got close to us for 3 years24.gif .

One of Abraks favourites is to bark on about our lack of revenues. What he chooses to neglect is the plans/agreements/start date of our new 58000 stadium is about to be finalised. Its taken a bit of time because It's all about getting the best deal for the club.

Apart from that minor omission the post was disturbingly delusional. I think he believes there is a remote possibility they'll finish top four!!!! Oh thats right. Kenny keeps telling you all how well you are playing. Bravo Abrakclap2.gif

One of Abraks favourites is to bark on about our lack of revenues. What he chooses to neglect is the plans/agreements/start date of our new 58000 stadium is about to be finalised. Its taken a bit of time because It's all about getting the best deal for the club.

Apart from that minor omission the post was disturbingly delusional. I think he believes there is a remote possibility they'll finish top four!!!! Oh thats right. Kenny keeps telling you all how well you are playing. Bravo Abrakclap2.gif

The interesting thing in this is what we really wanted was improved transport links not only benefitting the club but also the local community. Something the mayor has been unable to provide.

Its a cop out by this London Transport chief. Olympic year and all....

That was a very bizarre post mate.

With the huge sums of money you spent would would we hardly expect you to be challenging for the title. Oh, thats right. Because you bought poorly and ridiculously over the odds and you don't play fluent football. Your midfield is slow and uncreative and your strikers don't know where the net is. Don't kid yourself (but ofcourse you will) this was precisely the case before all the racism crap. If we were a bit lucky, if it wasn't for, one day we will...if my auntie had <deleted> she'd be my uncle

Short term deviation? Giving us hope? Poor quality put down that is.

Stop watching Liverpool and watch us. You might enjoy your football more. laugh.png

The cold reality of resources is this. Utd have infinitely more revenues than Liverpool (approximately double) from which to finance their cost base. Chelsea and City have virtually unlimited capital resources which makes their revenues largely irrelevant.

Arsenal with their large stadium also have a considerable revenue advantage over Liverpool. Both Liverpool and Spurs lack large stadiums and even when they are built it will take approximately 8 years for the cash flow to move from paying down stadium debt to supporting the growth of the team. Spurs are also behind in terms of commercial revenues.

As for investment. Over the past year, Liverpool has seen considerable net investment of 46m into the team off what was a fairly low base. This obviously pales when compared to Chelsea and City who both invested net approximately 130m over the past year. Utd invested approximately net 60m but started this season with a 22 point head start. So against those parameters I dont think any title challenge, merely a tilt at the top 4 was ever realistic.

With the huge sums of money you spent would would we hardly expect you to be challenging for the title. Oh, thats right. Because you bought poorly and ridiculously over the odds and you don't play fluent football. Your midfield is slow and uncreative and your strikers don't know where the net is. Don't kid yourself (but ofcourse you will) this was precisely the case before all the racism crap. If we were a bit lucky, if it wasn't for, one day we will...if my auntie had <deleted> she'd be my uncle

Stop watching Liverpool and watch us. You might enjoy your football more. laugh.png

The cold reality of resources is this. Utd have infinitely more revenues than Liverpool (approximately double) from which to finance their cost base. Chelsea and City have virtually unlimited capital resources which makes their revenues largely irrelevant.

Arsenal with their large stadium also have a considerable revenue advantage over Liverpool. Both Liverpool and Spurs lack large stadiums and even when they are built it will take approximately 8 years for the cash flow to move from paying down stadium debt to supporting the growth of the team. Spurs are also behind in terms of commercial revenues.

As for investment. Over the past year, Liverpool has seen considerable net investment of 46m into the team off what was a fairly low base. This obviously pales when compared to Chelsea and City who both invested net approximately 130m over the past year. Utd invested approximately net 60m but started this season with a 22 point head start. So against those parameters I dont think any title challenge, merely a tilt at the top 4 was ever realistic.

But then we are proving it is possible. At the end of the day its 11 v 11....

Yes that's right. If you play it pretty smart. Grow steadily over a few years. Are efficient and have a fair wind behind you then just about anything is possible. Liverpool are a mile from that - we still have a massively inefficient cost base - Cole, Aquilani still on the books, bench players like Carragher on over 90k a week. When you buy in new talent it is always expensive to begin with. It is like turning around an oil tanker. Success certainly doesnt come overnight. A year ago we were 5 points off the bottom of the league.

Yes that's right. If you play it pretty smart. Grow steadily over a few years. Are efficient and have a fair wind behind you then just about anything is possible. Liverpool are a mile from that - we still have a massively inefficient cost base - Cole, Aquilani still on the books, bench players like Carragher on over 90k a week. When you buy in new talent it is always expensive to begin with. It is like turning around an oil tanker. Success certainly doesnt come overnight. A year ago we were 5 points off the bottom of the league.

You also have a manager that comes out with ludicrous statements like "we deserved to win all our games bar one!" Thats borderline embarrassing.

Woy did a poor job. No question about that. But his job was made twice as hard by the fans. Then Comolli went and grossly overpaid for some overated players.

With the combination of Dalglish denial and Comolli's incompetance you'll continue to go sideways.

A year ago your own fans were trying to destabalise your own manager. Why would you concievably expected to be doing any better than 5 points off the bottom.

You also hadn't wasted 75m on mediocrity.

Sorry Abrak buy i just don't understand the logic of your recent posts on here.

I would question your own logic Carmine.

Based on your last two posts.

Liverpool were 5 points off the bottom of the League last year because they were whinging about their manager.

Liverpool are currently 20 points off the bottom of the League this year but should be whinging about their manager and DOF.

Go figure.

Liverpool were 5 points off the bottom of the League last year because they were whinging about their manager.

Liverpool are currently 20 points off the bottom of the League this year but should be whinging about their manager and DOF.

Go figure.

Its everyone else's fault. Oh and Gerrard wasn't fit. You'd probably be top now if he had been.

Go figure.

I suggest you read my posts again.

I wonder if Kenny was given the "backing" by the fans that Woy was whether he'd have done that much better.

I'd love to hear your defence of your DOF. Like i've said before, Levy rid us of him before he could do anymore harm. But you lot don't have a problem with him wasting the lions share of 40m quid and are happy with the job he's doing. Interesting

and now i realise why the other threads run hundreds of pages longer

they are either filled with cut n paste

Or

You guys keep quoting and quoting and quoting previous 15 posts in your replies :rolleyes:

I've deleted an off topic post

And a reply quoting that post :whistling:

Am I losing it when I start moderating my own posts? I didn't give me a warning though. Those are reserved for very very special people :lol:

I know people talk to themselves and all

And a reply quoting that post whistling.gif

Am I losing it when I start moderating my own posts? I didn't give me a warning though. Those are reserved for very very special people laugh.png

It's ok M1G. I've deleted my warning to you on the off topic post that you replied to that nobody can see which wasn't really off topic anyway.............laugh.png

And a reply quoting that post whistling.gif

Am I losing it when I start moderating my own posts? I didn't give me a warning though. Those are reserved for very very special people laugh.png

It's ok M1G. I've deleted my warning to you on the off topic post that you replied to that nobody can see which wasn't really off topic anyway.............laugh.png

Can mods ban each other? huh.png

No complaints. They came to defend and got their reward.

Citeh is now must win!

calm down! Heres a few pointers to put your mind at ease!!!

1 They were very organised and played well.

2Their first goal resulted directly from a corner that should never have been given. You can't blame our players for the usual <deleted> refereeing.

3 Our disallowed goal was totally legit. Adebayor was clearly played on side. Again, the usual <deleted> refereeing.

4 Wolves are a tough nut to crack. They achieved a draw at the Emirates and would have got a draw at Chelsea if it wasn't for the usual <deleted> premier league refereeing.

On a final note, i think they sort of deserved their point, but until we can use video replays we'll never get the real honest result that fans deserve and expect. I'm notfazed remotely by last night. Maybe its a slight wake up call. Its another point regardless

Off to Manchester we go!

I've just edited to say that amongst the usual <deleted> refereeing what was that decision his to give a drop ball!!!<deleted> Even i fely sorry for Wolves over that!

Edited by carmine

2Their first goal resulted directly from a corner that should never have been given. You can't blame our players for the usual <deleted> refereeing.

But really mate, so what? A ref gives a corner that never was, yes that's a mistake by the ref, but the ref can hardly then take the blame for you not defending from it.

But really mate, so what? A ref gives a corner that never was, yes that's a mistake by the ref, but the ref can hardly then take the blame for you not defending from it.

I don't really understand your logic rix. First of all, i'm not complaining as such, rather trying to alleviate smokies concerns by rationalising what happened. My point though is that they should never have been in a position to create a goal via a corner that never was.

I am also offering our disallowed goal yesterday and the one against Stoke as two more perfect examples of the need for video replays. These average refs need all the help they can get.

Ultimately, i don't mind losing but i'd prefer to do so in a fair and even manner. All this said i don't begrudge Wolves their point and enjoyed the game.

I don't really understand your logic rix. First of all, i'm not complaining as such, rather trying to alleviate smokies concerns by rationalising what happened. My point though is that they should never have been in a position to create a goal via a corner that never was.

I am also offering our disallowed goal yesterday and the one against Stoke as two more perfect examples of the need for video replays. These average refs need all the help they can get.

Ultimately, i don't mind losing but i'd prefer to do so in a fair and even manner. All this said i don't begrudge Wolves their point and enjoyed the game.

Yeah i agree with all that, i just don't think in that situation you can blame the ref for the scoring of the goal. The ref made a mistake by giving the corner, but then what happened after that was down to you.

Yeah i agree with all that, i just don't think in that situation you can blame the ref for the scoring of the goal. The ref made a mistake by giving the corner, but then what happened after that was down to you.

The disallowed goal was the one that upset me. Thats the second time this has happened at crucial stages of a game, as at Stoke.

No one minds if you're already 4-0 up! biggrin.png