Tottenham Thread

chonabot

<b>Chicog, on 2012-09-03 14:55:51, said:</b><br /> Man Citeh -<br />
<br />Why do people write it like that? It takes longer to write than City blink.png

Its a phonetic thing....we've all been to East Manchester...well....driven through with the doors locked at least. wink.png

Remind me of what happened in Tottenham again, that lovely quiet Hamlet. That didn't happen near our ground biggrin.png

Oh yes it did! or have you forgotten yoo roots man already wink.png

you obviously are forgetting about the riots in Moss side on Claremont Road wink.png

That was our old gaff. Anyhow, this is about Smokie trying to paint a bad image of Manchester when Tottenham ain't no heaven on earth. Who know's Red, he might spread his net further afield outside of Manchester and start slagging off OT biggrin.png

Sounds like the 3 rd party issues ended Moutinho joining us.

http://www.guardian....r-joao-moutinho

The reason he didnt join is because Levy, trying to be a smart a##, left it until the last minute to complete the deal. Then once he was within an inch of the deal, Levy would not come up with an extra 3 Mill!! Thats the reality chaps.

When you have a player as important as Moutinho, who would have fitted perfectly into AVBs plan, you sometimes have to go the extra mile. You lot can afford it, but Levy is such a tight wad!!

If that was the case then we need more failures like this to persuade football authorities worldwide to adopt the ban on third party interests. English managements should get smart and insist on seeing that the clubs have bought out the third party interest themselves before entering negotiations. 3-way negotiations are usually doomed. Seem to remeber Tevez had these problems in the West Ham days.

The reason he didnt join is because Levy, trying to be a smart a##, left it until the last minute to complete the deal. Then once he was within an inch of the deal, Levy would not come up with an extra 3 Mill!! Thats the reality chaps.

When you have a player as important as Moutinho, who would have fitted perfectly into AVBs plan, you sometimes have to go the extra mile. You lot can afford it, but Levy is such a tight wad!!

Get over it and drop the obsession with our transfer policy. Whatever silly point you are trying to concoct is not going to get City any credibility either way.

We believe that if you earn $1 you don't then go out and spend $1.50 We are a financilly well run football club which in itself is a rare commodity these days. Yes, not concluding the Moutinho deal was a major blow to our dealings but neither you nor i have any real idea how long they were negotiating. You speculate on here with your little double agent troll (where is the tiresome clown btw?) purely through info you glean from the press and their fantasy rumours.

City are an arab marketing tool that has recently bought a trophy. Get over it.

Get over it and drop the obsession with our transfer policy. Whatever silly point you are trying to concoct is not going to get City any credibility either way.

We believe that if you earn $1 you don't then go out and spend $1.50 We are a financilly well run football club which in itself is a rare commodity these days. Yes, not concluding the Moutinho deal was a major blow to our dealings but neither you nor i have any real idea how long they were negotiating. You speculate on here with your little double agent troll (where is the tiresome clown btw?) purely through info you glean from the press and their fantasy rumours.

City are an arab marketing tool that has recently bought a trophy. Get over it.

You guys just dont get it. This is nothing to do with transfer policies of City, and I will even ignore the ridiculous comment about "City are an arab marketing tool"

Its about Levy!!

I dont like him and his principles!!

He is like the guy in the bar who will let you buy him drinks all night, but whenever its his round, slips out the back door, or comes up with an excuse.

I will buy anyone a drink, even Carmine. And if somebody is in my company who is going through hard times, I will buy him drinks all night, without expecting anything in return.

But if I am buying drinks for someone who I know has plenty of dosh, but he refuses to buy a round, instead of buying a round of drinks, would rather go short time in Nana Plaza, then that person is taking the p!ss

Levy expects to buy superstars at crazy low prices, yet wants top wack for any player he sells. I admire any strong businessman, but this guy is a cheapskate!!

Nothing personal against Spurs, who last year played some fantastic football... I just think if you had a Chairman who was reasonable and realistic, then you would have a far better chance of making CL this year

Difficult to knock Levy's when it comes to getting value for money in the transfer market, if he could be knocked its not for what he's prepared to pay,but for leaving the deals late, and as much as that can work in your favour it can equally work against you.. the article doesn't specify what the 3rd parties issues were, just they couldn't reach a deal, it could have been the 3 mil, though with vb REALLY wanting mutty boy and as you say we can afford it, wouldn't sensibly it it point to other reason's?, maybe the investor wanted to hold the club to the widely reported 40 mil euros that was written into mutty boys contract, ior they plainly just left it to late 2 sort, who knows!!!

As for stopping 3rd party ownership,really its just a small inconvenience to the money boys of football, we buy them out end of problem, though in England we get on our moral high ground view them as wrong, doesn't mean it actually is, plenty of clubs small and large in developing and not so developing nations rely on 3 rd party ownership as a major source of its income take it away arguably it could have huge effects,on world football , for sure the Portuguese league wouldn't be the same!!

You guys just dont get it. This is nothing to do with transfer policies of City, and I will even ignore the ridiculous comment about "City are an arab marketing tool"

Its about Levy!!

He is like the guy in the bar who will let you buy him drinks all night, but whenever its his round, slips out the back door, or comes up with an excuse.

I will buy anyone a drink, even Carmine. And if somebody is in my company who is going through hard times, I will buy him drinks all night, without expecting anything in return.

But if I am buying drinks for someone who I know has plenty of dosh, but he refuses to buy a round, instead of buying a round of drinks, would rather go short time in Nana Plaza, then that person is taking the p!ss

Levy expects to buy superstars at crazy low prices, yet wants top wack for any player he sells. I admire any strong businessman, but this guy is a cheapskate!!

Nothing personal against Spurs, who last year played some fantastic football... I just think if you had a Chairman who was reasonable and realistic, then you would have a far better chance of making CL this year

Please tell me exactly how much money Levy has available for transfers Jack. The exact amount now not a ball park figure from your imagination.

I've bought a few drinks in my time....but you won't find me in a bar lording it up with my last 1k Baht.

So what do you call being realistic? Seems him being realistic with our clubs money not only doas it balance the books, no mean feat, but it's been a huge factor in getting us into 4 5and 4 th finish's and being in aposition able to sustain it..

Edited by rijit

how does that make him a cheapskate? doesn't that just make him good at his job?

i wish liverpool had such an amateur in charge of our transfers.

Its about Levy!!

Please tell me exactly how much money Levy has available for transfers Jack. The exact amount now not a ball park figure from your imagination.

I've bought a few drinks in my time....but you won't find me in a bar lording it up with my last 1k Baht.

I agree, and if you only had 1k in your pocket, you wouldnt get involved in a round of drinks.

Neither you or I know EXACTLY what Levy has in his pocket, but bearing in mind what he brought in by way of transfer money, if he has 20 million, he has 23 million! And I would have thought him making an exception to grab Moutinho. Like you wouldnt spend your last 1k on drinks, Levy aint going to spend his last 20 mill on a transfer fee.

how does that make him a cheapskate? doesn't that just make him good at his job?

Hopefully we have a few quid left to spend in January if needed. Long way to go but if we're sniffing around a CL spot and there is a glaringly obvious position we need to strengthen then perhaps....no wait its Daniel Levy....I'm getting carried away with myself! biggrin.png

He doesn't call them all right...maybe a bit too conservative but rather that than see us with a Ridsdale....

Because if he hadnt been as frugal, Spurs would have bought Moutinho (who they deperately need) and probably a decent striker.

Comparing Your lot with Spurs, is comparing apples with oranges

Difficult to knock Levy's when it comes to getting value for money in the transfer market, if he could be knocked its not for what he's prepared to pay,but for leaving the deals late, and as much as that can work in your favour it can equally work against you.. the article doesn't specify what the 3rd parties issues were, just they couldn't reach a deal, it could have been the 3 mil, though with vb REALLY wanting mutty boy and as you say we can afford it, wouldn't sensibly it it point to other reason's?, maybe the investor wanted to hold the club to the widely reported 40 mil euros that was written into mutty boys contract, ior they plainly just left it to late 2 sort, who knows!!!

As for stopping 3rd party ownership,really its just a small inconvenience to the money boys of football, we buy them out end of problem, though in England we get on our moral high ground view them as wrong, doesn't mean it actually is, plenty of clubs small and large in developing and not so developing nations rely on 3 rd party ownership as a major source of its income take it away arguably it could have huge effects,on world football , for sure the Portuguese league wouldn't be the same!!

Economically stupid system IMO. If people want to invest in football let them invest in football clubs. You want shareholders to start investing in managerial staff and key workers of other types of commercial enterprise?

It probably started as some great wheeze by one club and then spread to the point where clubs have surrendered some control of their destiny to ersatz investors who operate outside any regulatory controls that apply to companies.

If it was the case that the deal fell through because the football club was unable to get the third party into line within the deadline .... I rest my case as to why its bad for football.

Because if he hadnt been as frugal, Spurs would have bought Moutinho (who they deperately need) and probably a decent striker.

they got a decent striker for a bargain price. he didn't want to get ripped off over moutinho. i don't see how this is a bad thing unless they get relegated.

Hopefully we have a few quid left to spend in January if needed. Long way to go but if we're sniffing around a CL spot and there is a glaringly obvious position we need to strengthen then perhaps....no wait its Daniel Levy....I'm getting carried away with myself! biggrin.png

He doesn't call them all right...maybe a bit too conservative but rather that than see us with a Ridsdale....

100% agree, but I suspect its cost you CL this year.

We will see.

they got a decent striker for a bargain price. he didn't want to get ripped off over moutinho. i don't see how this is a bad thing unless they get relegated.

You need 3 strikers in todays day and age!! Dempsey is an attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker.

Moutinho would have cost an extra 3 mill because of paying the 3rd party 15%.

They needed him plus a striker. I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

You need 3 strikers in todays day and age!! Dempsey is an attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker.

They needed him plus a striker. I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

Its what we were hoping for, there's no denying that but we're a still a very good side.

I reckon we'll be there or abouts by Xmas.

Moving on....:D

Its what we were hoping for, there's no denying that but we're a still a very good side.

I reckon we'll be there or abouts by Xmas.

Moving on....biggrin.png

Like I said, its nothing personal. I think Spurs are a very good side, and last year were entertaining to watch. I just wonder if you miss CL by a couple of points, if you boys will still stay away from castigating your chairman.

I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

Not with this manager, he's too negative.

I think AVB is something of an enigma!! You dont suddenly become a bad manager overnight!!. You dont win what he has by being an also ran. But how good is he?? Certainly not as bad as Chelsea made him out to be. My main problem with him, is when he starts to talk, I start falling asleep.

I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

Not with this manager, he's too negative.

I think AVB is something of an enigma!! You dont suddenly become a bad manager overnight!!. You dont win what he has by being an also ran. But how good is he?? Certainly not as bad as Chelsea made him out to be. My main problem with him, is when he starts to talk, I start falling asleep.

The only mistake AVB made was joining the chelsea circus in the first place.

And chicoq, managers that are too negative don't win trebles. He's very young and still learning but his record of silverware (does an Arsenal fans memory go back that far?) won at his age and time in management is fantastic.