Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yeah Carmine VDV was a game changer too i remember you saying,i think Dembele is a good player indeed but the point i made is he has not played that many times for you yet to remark he is the difference in your teams performances,if you think having a point of view on this is showing i have no knowledge on the game.....then it just shows your insecurities up as they already are thumbsup.gif

i'll make it easy for Red, if you were to sign a top class midfield player you would know that he is going to make a difference to the team before he played any games let alone four games, even more so with your midfield !

Juan Sebastian Veron i thought yes...........

We have enough quality in Powell,Cleverly,Kagawa and Anderson albeit The latter for probably 60 minutes a game,we don't need to sign anyone really just need SAF to give these lads game time smile.png

Edited by MrRed

Yeah Carmine VDV was a game changer too i remember you saying,i think Dembele is a good player indeed but the point i made is he has not played that many times for you yet to remark he is the difference in your teams performances,if you think having a point of view on this is showing i have no knowledge on the game.....then it just shows your insecurities up as they already are thumbsup.gif

i'll make it easy for Red, if you were to sign a top class midfield player you would know that he is going to make a difference to the team before he played any games let alone four games, even more so with your midfield !

What on earth has Veron got to do with Dembele, VDV, or infact whatever point you will hopefully try to make? You're going to have to do a lot better than this floundering effort! cheesy.gif

What on earth has Veron got to do with Dembele, VDV, or infact whatever point you will hopefully try to make? You're going to have to do a lot better than this floundering effort! cheesy.gif

My reply was directly to your wingman Mr Conn ....who stated that when signing a to class player you expect him to play well before he starts......which sometimes even at United is not true is it? that is why i included said Argentinian .......now please learn to read old boy and then i wouldn't have to keep explaining things to you! I thought you was a little challenged but now you are confirming it to me.

But you arn't saying anything! I stick by everything i have said. I don't really know what you are going on about? What have either VDV or Veron to do with Dembele being one of our best players for the first few games on the season prior to his injury? Also are you trying to suggest that VDV wasn't a game changer because if you are you are talking even more crap!

Once mor, what are you actually trying to say?

What on earth has Veron got to do with Dembele, VDV, or infact whatever point you will hopefully try to make? You're going to have to do a lot better than this floundering effort!

cheesy.gif

My reply was directly to your wingman Mr Conn ....who stated that when signing a to class player you expect him to play well before he starts......which sometimes even at United is not true is it? that is why i included said Argentinian .......now please learn to read old boy and then i wouldn't have to keep explaining things to you! I thought you was a little challenged but now you are confirming it to me.

I said "Top Class" obviously Veron wasn't !!!

Yes Van Der Vaart was very much a game changer for us! He often made the difference and many Spurs fans think as i do in that we were very disappointed to have sold him. When he's played Dembele has been our creative spark that isn't quite there when he's been injured. So what IS your point? You just seem to be talking <deleted>!

Changing the subject, but keeping in the theme of talking <deleted>. AVB does seem to come out with some classicslaugh.png

Here is his latest, when talking about the chances of Defoe being sold to Spurs...........

Villas-Boas admits Defoe is among the best strikers he has worked with and even ranked him alongside Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, who scored bags of goals for the Portuguese boss at FC Portospacer.gif and is now setting the Spanish league alight with Atletico Madrid.spacer.gif

"I certainly put him alongside Falcao," added Villas-Boas.

Just wondered what you guys think of that? Is ABV seriously deluded, or is he just trying to talk up the price on defoe.

To be fair he says there is no chance they will sell him, but to mention Defoe in the same breath as Falcao?ohmy.png . Seems a bit of a stretchlaugh.png

• Like 1

Yes Van Der Vaart was very much a game changer for us! He often made the difference and many Spurs fans think as i do in that we were very disappointed to have sold him. When he's played Dembele has been our creative spark that isn't quite there when he's been injured. So what IS your point? You just seem to be talking <deleted>!

Changing the subject, but keeping in the theme of talking <deleted>. AVB does seem to come out with some classicslaugh.png

Here is his latest, when talking about the chances of Defoe being sold to Spurs...........

Villas-Boas admits Defoe is among the best strikers he has worked with and even ranked him alongside Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, who scored bags of goals for the Portuguese boss at FC Portospacer.gif and is now setting the Spanish league alight with Atletico Madrid.spacer.gif

Just wondered what you guys think of that? Is ABV seriously deluded, or is he just trying to talk up the price on defoe.

To be fair he says there is no chance they will sell him, but to mention Defoe in the same breath as Falcao?ohmy.png . Seems a bit of a stretchlaugh.png

He's probably just massaging Defoe's ego but eitherway it sounded stupid to me when i read it.

If he bangs in 40 goals by May I will say he's better than Falcao. :P

http://www.examiner.com/article/harry-redknapp-planning-january-raid-for-tottenham-s-scott-parker?

The above article states Parker could well go if the price is right and he also wants the move.

The below article states that AVB regards Defoe as one of the best strikers he's worked with and would

be impossible for him to be sold, but at the end of the article it states that Dawson could be allowed to move on

if QPR make an approach for him.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/national/sport/10074599._/?

So Parker and Dawson could be off to QPR in Jan, i'd say Levy would want at least £15M for the pair.

http://www.examiner....s-scott-parker?

The above article states Parker could well go if the price is right and he also wants the move.

The below article states that AVB regards Defoe as one of the best strikers he's worked with and would

be impossible for him to be sold, but at the end of the article it states that Dawson could be allowed to move on

if QPR make an approach for him.

http://www.thenorthe...rt/10074599._/?

So Parker and Dawson could be off to QPR in Jan, i'd say Levy would want at least £15M for the pair.

I think Levy would bite their hands off for 15m...not that i want either to go. It would only be acceptable to me if that meant we made a significant spend in the jan window and by significant spend i mean Moutinho that will cost 25m plus a very good strker. I would estimate a 45m spend which would be represented by the sale of those two and the money we already have.

Will it happen...i doubt it

I estimated £9M for Dawson as that was what QPR offered in August and we accepted,

and £6M for Parker as we paid £5M for him and Levy always likes a profit especially if we don't

really have to sell him as he's an established senior player and England International since he joined us.

Anything less and we should tell them where to go!

Edited by sotsira

I'm just speculating and wondering why Dawson turned down QPR in the last window, Its unlikely it's the immediate wages, 2 many players have signed for them, and from what i've heard players and clubs are relatively flexible, but it was defo announced that that 'terms' were the reason he didn't sign? pretty ambiguous, but maybe something like a huge pay cut if they get relegated, its the sort of clause any sensible club bottom of the league going towards xmas would insert and imo its the sort of thing a spurs player wouldn't accept if it's the case cant see Parker or Dawson ever signing with a clause like that.

Play Downing....please play Downing! wai2.gif

Wrong thread.....no no its the right thread all right. biggrin.png

COYS!!

Midweek beer and footie before I get back to late night games shortly....luvverly. w00t.gif

what do you mean,it is 0800 hrs, too much amber fluid mate, it is coffee weet bix and early morning footie, coys coys coys Edited by macksview

got the points,so shoulnt complain.

same story playing well then drop further and further back,definately need parker back to up the tempo,to keep the midfield pressing and fighting,game after game it seems,play well go ahead then drop back,and invite good sides who have the players who can take advantage of the free space to attack us at will.

smokes's beer will taste better,my coffee is tasting better and AVB should be analysing what the side are doing in the last 20 minutes.

bring back david pleat to help AVB with tatics,oops sorry thats the painkillers kicking in.

well mr bale what ever do from now on in your career,you will always be on the reel of every own goal c-ck up forever, great goals inspirational runs,game after game of great efforts,but now number one on that highlights reel.

you *uck one goat and nobody forgets.

Edited by macksview

Very lucky win. We can thank Brendon Rodgers because if he hadn't played his right side out of position Liverpool would have won.

What is with this pathetic second half capitulation. You know its going to happen before we take the field! Liverpool had 66% possession in the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Its obviously a mental state the players get themselves into over the halftime and neither AVB or Freund is correcting it.

Easy way to beat Spurs...contain them in the first half and then go at them in the second half. Equals easy win. Were a long way from being top four material.

Thanks Brendon nonethlesswhistling.gif

Frigtening statistic for Liverpool with own goals being their second highest scorer. At on the matter of own goals reminds me that Bale is still being a <deleted> diving. Shame he has still got this in his game. He really doesn't do himself justice.

At on the matter of own goals reminds me that Bale is still being a <deleted> diving. Shame he has still got this in his game. He really doesn't do himself justice.

between his crap diving and that bloody awful goal celebration bale seems like a bit of a knob.

At on the matter of own goals reminds me that Bale is still being a <deleted> diving. Shame he has still got this in his game. He really doesn't do himself justice.

between his crap diving and that bloody awful goal celebration bale seems like a bit of a knob.

By all accounts he's a very decent lad. Traind hard and a good pro. Doesn't care for the modern day accepted footballers lifestyle either. Regards the diving i would greatly appreciate AVB having a word. Regards the goal celebration, he really needs a slap.