Tottenham Thread

chonabot

i thought we were very average thh. We are a one man team at the moment with Bale doing a wonderful job of papering over the cracks that were left by Levy and his crass stupidity in not buying a striker. And just while i was trying to forget about his botched attempt to sign Moutinho six months earlier.

So what have we....point saved against Norwich, 3 points won against West Brom and Newcastle, all of our last six goals scored by Bale. No Defoe until the beginning of March and Adebayor floundering around on the deck with a gormless smirk on his boatrace.

Don't understand why he doesn't start with Holtby rather than Dempsey. Instead we have to wait until the inevitable substitution when Holtby comes on and improves things. Didn't understand the introduction of Sigurdsson at the expense of Lennon either. All that did was take away our width. As for the continual changing around of the center backs , i just don't understand this at all.

It will need a very good performance (by Gareth) next week to progress.

"...a gormless smirk on his boatrace". I like it, but "smirk" is about all I'm familiar with. Translation help for the Yank ?

His face mate. And right now its a very f*ckin irritating one at that! He goes AWOL after the ACN tournament, we then have to chater a private plane for him which he fails to meet. Then turns up without even a training session under his belt prior to the Newcastle game. All this and remind yourself how much this mercenary gets paid by us every week!!

"...a gormless smirk on his boatrace". I like it, but "smirk" is about all I'm familiar with. Translation help for the Yank ?

gormless is like stupid or foolish

boatrace is his face

So translated from cock-er-ney to proper Northern English, "he had a stupid smirk on his face". These Southerners can't speak properly jellydog. They're the English version of your hillbillies but they live in a big city laugh.png

• Like 1

His face mate. And right now its a very f*ckin irritating one at that! He goes AWOL after the ACN tournament, we then have to chater a private plane for him which he fails to meet. Then turns up without even a training session under his belt prior to the Newcastle game. All this and remind yourself how much this mercenary gets paid by us every week!!

Thanks the translation. What a waste of talent. A few years ago he could have been mistaken for the next big thing.

He might need a microchip placement, like you fellows are doing with the dogs. Couldn't hurt.wink.png

gormless is like stupid or foolish

boatrace is his face

So translated from cock-er-ney to proper Northern English, "he had a stupid smirk on his face". These Southerners can't speak properly jellydog. They're the English version of your hillbillies but they live in a big city laugh.png

Says the flat cap wearing, whippets racing, tight wad northern monkeys!!! biggrin.png

what is bale's goal celebration about by the way spurs fans? i mean apart from it being rubbish like.

I don't know and am too appalled by it to comment. makes him look a complete dick.

was watching highlights of your lyon win earlier and some blerts in the crowd were replicating the 'heart' thing to get themselves on camera.

cracking couple of free-kicks mind.

what is bale's goal celebration about by the way spurs fans? i mean apart from it being rubbish like.

I don't know and am too appalled by it to comment. makes him look a complete dick.

was watching highlights of your lyon win earlier and some blerts in the crowd were replicating the 'heart' thing to get themselves on camera.

cracking couple of free-kicks mind.

I saw them too. I wanted to set a water cannon on them.

He has the ability to create a wicked late swerve to the left. Did it angainst Norwich or West Brom aswell but i can't remember which.

Seems a reasonable enough comment until you actually go to the north of england and see the truth.

Bac to foootball smile.png feels like its turning into Bale hotspur atm, but cant complain bout the result against a good lyon side, who imo were denied a bang on penalty!! verity kneed the geezer!!!! any way. Adeboys not quite right yet, lets hope he proves all us cynics wrong and steps his game up, we know he can. but all in all a pretty lack lac luster TEAM performance. pluses walker looked like he's getting, at last, a good understanding with lennon and getting bac his attacking form, asseocritter's, beginning to show signs he's getting bac to where he was. As 4 the rest, pretty none descript, best we play better over there or out we go.

So what's the Chairman's master plan?

- Sell Bale for 50 million in the summer

- Buy in a couple of cheapo strikers (has-beens, as yet unproven kids or players nursing chronic injuries)

- Pocket the difference and cross your fingers for another year.

- Buy in a couple of cheapo strikers (has-beens, as yet unproven kids or players nursing chronic injuries)

Much will depend on our position in May. If we don't make the CL Bale might well want to leave.

Sounds about right Mobi !

Much will depend on our position in May. If we don't make the CL Bale might well want to leave.

To be fair smokes, i can't really see us making the top 4 as our luck has to run out sometime !

'Might'??????

With everyone starting to compare him to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, (rightly or wrongly), its a raving certainty that he won't want to stay - CL or not.

IMHOwai.gif

'Might'??????

With everyone starting to compare him to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, (rightly or wrongly), its a raving certainty that he won't want to stay - CL or not.

IMHOwai.gif

It's a raving certainty that he'll want a lot more cash to stay, but with Premiership revenues doubling the club could afford it; the question is will they want to if they can get a massive xfer fee to Man City instead?

thumbsup.gif

'Might'??????

IMHOwai.gif

It's a raving certainty that he'll want a lot more cash to stay, but with Premiership revenues doubling the club could afford it; the question is will they want to if they can get a massive xfer fee to Man City instead?

thumbsup.gif

He won't be sold to any premier league club. He's a bolt on to Real Madrid. When, who cares, it'll happen when it happens. No one can blame him. Just hope he does right by us and doesn't go the Modric route and i very much doubt he would.

I also reckon a deal with Madrid would work out best for us maybe via a player+cash deal.

'Might'??????

IMHOwai.gif

thumbsup.gif

I doubt whether he would stay even if Spurs match his salary demands - which I'm sure our illustrious Chairman wouldn't - as Bale will looking at something a bit more glamorous than Spurs - Manu, Real or one of the Italian giants...

He won't be sold to any premier league club. He's a bolt on to Real Madrid. When, who cares, it'll happen when it happens. No one can blame him. Just hope he does right by us and doesn't go the Modric route and i very much doubt he would.

I also reckon a deal with Madrid would work out best for us maybe via a player+cash deal.

Agreed!

Yes Ronaldo and about 40m sounds about right 4.gif

Who at Real Madrid is hoping to join Spurs?

When you sell a player like Bale it's best to get a straight cash deal, as much as possible. Invariably the player involved is past his sell by date, a trouble maker or a bit pissed that he's simply a make weight in a deal.

IMO if he goes, get the cash and choose his replacement carefully.

• Like 1

Bale is already near 100k a week with his latest deal....and over three years on his contract.

No one at the club wants him to leave.

Levy will want him to leave,he is the only budget you have and will prolong Daniel's transfer dealings!

ESPN gossip has Guardiola targeting Bale. Exit Ribery and/or Robben ?

old news !!!!

Maybe for you alfie but I don't remember anyone else posting anything about it.

I would be insulted by Alfie's rude dismissal of my post, but I have it from a reliable source that Alfie is not a gormless, sneering boatface. Or, a barmpot.