Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So will Bale stay, or will he go?

That is not a gloat, it's a serious question to the Spuds fans.

He's staying.

Now, do you think Utd will finish in the top four next season?

Yes, they will finish in the top four. They are not going to implode as much as you are all wishing.

Well lets see. I think that the opening five fixtures need to be kind to Moyes. He needs atleast three gimmes in those five or their will be a feeding frenzy.

annoyingly he's got a gimme in the charity shield match. gets him his first trophy of his career simply by turning up really.

and with david gill and greg dyke set for even more influential roles at the FA next season who would want to bet on united having a difficult opening five league matches?

He's staying.

And you will see Moyes with a trophy in August clap2.gif before your lot have kicked a ball

Success is annoying for you lot laugh.png

He's staying.

Yes, they will finish in the top four. They are not going to implode as much as you are all wishing.

Well lets see. I think that the opening five fixtures need to be kind to Moyes. He needs atleast three gimmes in those five or their will be a feeding frenzy.

annoyingly he's got a gimme in the charity shield match. gets him his first trophy of his career simply by turning up really.

and with david gill and greg dyke set for even more influential roles at the FA next season who would want to bet on united having a difficult opening five league matches?

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. smile.png

Well Carmel has been quite today. :-p

Yep sorry about this but i'm just a bit bored with the repeat jokes, the monotomy, the sneering and gloating! Classless. Can't be bothered if we're not talking football. Fair enough? Now, if someone would actually come out with something original we'd all probably enjoy it! biggrin.png

Yes, Carmine, you would never have resorted to such fun had the boot been on the other foot, eh Pinnochio?!

Suck it up, big boy!

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

REAL MADRID are ready to blow Tottenham out of the water in a bid to sign Gareth Bale this summer.

The Welsh wonder has been offered a new deal to stay at Spurs worth around £150,000 a week.

It also contains a clause allowing him to leave next summer for £50m. But that does not matter to Madrid president Florentino Perez, who wants Bale NOW.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/315893/Real-Madrid-want-Gareth-Bale-NOW/

REAL MADRID are ready to blow Tottenham out of the water in a bid to sign Gareth Bale this summer.

The Welsh wonder has been offered a new deal to stay at Spurs worth around £150,000 a week.

It also contains a clause allowing him to leave next summer for £50m. But that does not matter to Madrid president Florentino Perez, who wants Bale NOW.

coffee1.gif He's not going anywhere.

Parker, BAE, Bentley, Huddlestone, Adebayor, Gomes, Dempsey might all be off though if anyones interested

Yeah, looks a likely list to go, suppose we'd have to buy bentley last year of his contract out!!! boy did his agent get him a good deal, 6 years !!!!!, and gomes, well there was never a dull moment with him, either he was outstanding or was he was ????

as for the rest, we really should be looking at a reasonable return, maybe enough 4 vb to hunt out another mata?

Yeah, looks a likely list to go, suppose we'd have to buy bentley last year of his contract out!!! boy did his agent get him a good deal, 6 years !!!!!, and gomes, well there was never a dull moment with him, either he was outstanding or was he was ????

as for the rest, we really should be looking at a reasonable return, maybe enough 4 vb to hunt out another mata?

Breaking it down a little, we will have no problem getting decent money selling Huddlestone if he is to go although i don't really want to lose him but that depends on who comes in. BAE likewise, he will fetch good money. Gomes has had a decent time at Hoffenheim baring injury so thats optimistic. There will be numerous suitors for Dempsey and Parker too. Adebayor, well we all know the strange one that is!

Bentley is a nightmare and you might be right! Who is going to want to take on this idiot?

I'd be very disappointed if Livermore was added to the list but its not out of the question either.

Now we will have to brace ourselves for the Moutinho saga to rear its head again. Supposedly we have ended our pursuit of Leandro Damiao too.

On a plus point the return of Kaboul and Sandro will be like two major signings this summer. Lets hope tight wad Levy doesn't view this the same way!

Just hearing from club source Bentley has been or will be rid of on a free! Not big news i know but it answers a question i suppose.

Aspiring young footballers should take note of Bentleys career and take note. Doesn't matter how much natural talent you have its still all about hard work and dedication.

I draw a comparison between David Bentley and Gary Neville. Not saying Neville didn't have talent, he did. But according to his teammates he was the hardest working most dedicated player in the squad and maximized every once of ability he had.

Bentleybhas wasted his career. A real case of a player believing is own hype on the basis of after good games. Agreed, those that generally stay at the top do work hard on their game. Bentley will probably end up at QPR

Just hearing from club source Bentley has been or will be rid of on a free! Not big news i know but it answers a question i suppose.

Aspiring young footballers should take note of Bentleys career and take note. Doesn't matter how much natural talent you have its still all about hard work and dedication.

I draw a comparison between David Bentley and Gary Neville. Not saying Neville didn't have talent, he did. But according to his teammates he was the hardest working most dedicated player in the squad and maximized every once of ability he had.

Dempsey,,, hmm thought he stepped on and had a decent enuf first season?, but at 30 ish, i suppose if we were 2 get our money bac,, might make sense ish,,,, I seem 2 remember reading somewhere that gomes's contract is up this year/july ?, as i seem to remember cudicenes was or has he already gone?,,, One goalkeeper seems 2 blur into the other with us atmcrazy.gif .

agreed it would be a shame bout Livermore, had intial doubts bout him but last season thought he really came on and didnt he get an england call up?, but he hasntr had a sniff, dont even think he's made the bench 4 ???????, and the Hudd, again a shame!! although he's made the team recently he aint sparkled QUITE and pulled the strings like he did b4. And if we were 2 get,,, what 12,,,, 4 the pair, what do you reckon?

In all fairness to Bentley from day one 4 me was NEVER gonna take lennons place, other betters ie routledge have tried and failed, and again, 2 b fair he's had piss poor luck with injuries, but that dont take away that he's probably been financially our worst ever buy ?? at the time IMO peter taylor wern't much better!!!!!. Lets not forget the 8 mil ish we paid for gomes!!!!,or 2nd thoughts,,,,,,, letswai2.gif

Still a good clean out will loosen some coffers up, freshen the squad up, hopefully!!! and maybe as you say get ready 4 porto issuers AGAIN,, lets just hope them buying his total rights will make it somewhat easier 4 us to make a deal and give vb the start of a core he wants,

Bentleybhas wasted his career. A real case of a player believing is own hype on the basis of after good games. Agreed, those that generally stay at the top do work hard on their game. Bentley will probably end up at QPR

And what do you base this 'believing his own hype on? maybe he could have been better but you know he aint worked hard? how exactly ? perspective

!!!! he's had what 2 managers that didnt rate him and one that did, shit happens!!! and in this case its cost us a frigging fortune,, unfortunate but a player didn't quite cut it, hit-the-fan.gif nothing new, shit happens, and lets be frank it weren't exactly the players fault we waved shed loads of cash in his face.

^ Arsenal reject.

Yes he was. Wenger obviously saw something in Bentley that he didn't like because theres no denying the player has talent.

I'd be very interested to hear Wengers take on Mr Bentley

Parker, BAE, Bentley, Huddlestone, Adebayor, Gomes, Dempsey might all be off though if anyones interested

And keep Holtby? laugh.png

^ Arsenal reject.

Yes he was. Wenger obviously saw something in Bentley that he didn't like because theres no denying the player has talent.

I'd be very interested to hear Wengers take on Mr Bentley

last time i heard him say anything on him was when bentley was at blackburn and he said 'it appeared he'd taken the step up, which he would have struggled to do at Arsenal'

Yes he is a german international, still very young, bought for a song, thrown in the deep end midway through the season and but has the makings of a good playersmile.png

o's he aint set the world alight, but on the other hand he's not been totally terrible, maybe needs some time. And being arguably VB's first signing, be it one with the budget firmly in mind, i;m sure he'll get it.

Yes he is a german international, still very young, bought for a song, thrown in the deep end midway through the season and but has the makings of a good playersmile.png

Well in that case he'd better start chasing back now and then.

Thanks for that rij. Interesting piece.

In my opinion we have done better this season in points terms because we have a better all round squad. I look at the bench and think there are players now who can change a match which is a good improvement on recent seasons.

Going forward we need to replace in the final third obviously with at least two coming in and one leaving....that much is clear.

Regarding AVB....he has got the team playing some fantastic football and should be given more say in who is arriving....and a bigger pot of cash to do so.

Time for the chairman to listen to the manager and let him sink or swim!

The main thing is a striker who links well with Bale and Lennon....if that happens then goals aplenty for all.

'Uefa will announce on Friday whether the Europa League winners will be rewarded with a Champions League qualifying spot from 2016'. {Beeb}

Relevant emoticons anyone?

'Uefa will announce on Friday whether the Europa League winners will be rewarded with a Champions League qualifying spot from 2016'. {Beeb}

Relevant emoticons anyone?

Interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

"Other plans being considered include whether to award a fifth Champions League place to clubs in the big European leagues and to expand the number of Europa League places on offer"

Bet Bale is saying "flock it now I guess I might have to stay". biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos