Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So we have from rijiit.....................................at 30 mil clap2.gif , not in his national squad !!! AND @ 29 IMO he needs to be bit more than a monster!! MIRACLE COMES MORE TO MIND

perhaps you should start trying to buy up the vatican, might make a bit more long term financial sense than some of your deals cheesy.gif

from iancnx..............................Just too funny for words.......

from Alfie.......................

Actually, Hudd is a bargain at 5m if your comparing him with Citys new Brazilian, 28 yrs who cannot get in the national squad and cost 30m laugh.png

Footnote : Is that a record fee for someone who isn't even a regular in their national team ?

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

Any other posters on here want to have a pop at Fernandinho?

I think Carmine is probably too knowledgeable about football and smokes will do his usual sitting on the fencelaugh.png , than make a negative remark about a player whom they have probably not seen playing football.

So let us see. I honestly believe that he will show that he is well worth the money AND I predict he will have a more effective first season than Paulinho (who I believe will need the first season to bed in)

So Paulinho will need a season to bed in but Fernandinho won't clap2.gif

Now you have got it!!

Paulinho has no European experience and has only played in Brazil.

Fernandinho, on the other hand has CL experience as well as playing in Donetsk. Our boy is well used to the rain and the cold, unlike Paulinho who I think will shat himself on a cold December afternoon in Stoke!!

I think both will become extremely effective players, just I think ours will have the better first season and will prove he is the better player in the Premiership.

Well at least yours won't be called back to Brazil too often for friendlies. laugh.png

Au Contraire!!

I think he will now start getting games for Brazil, now he is playing in a more high profile league.

So we have from rijiit.....................................at 30 mil clap2.gif , not in his national squad !!! AND @ 29 IMO he needs to be bit more than a monster!! MIRACLE COMES MORE TO MIND

perhaps you should start trying to buy up the vatican, might make a bit more long term financial sense than some of your deals cheesy.gif

Actually, Hudd is a bargain at 5m if your comparing him with Citys new Brazilian, 28 yrs who cannot get in the national squad and cost 30m laugh.png

Footnote : Is that a record fee for someone who isn't even a regular in their national team ?

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

I think Carmine is probably too knowledgeable about football and smokes will do his usual sitting on the fencelaugh.png , than make a negative remark about a player whom they have probably not seen playing football.

So let us see. I honestly believe that he will show that he is well worth the money AND I predict he will have a more effective first season than Paulinho (who I believe will need the first season to bed in)

Now you have got it!!

Fernandinho, on the other hand has CL experience as well as playing in Donetsk. Our boy is well used to the rain and the cold, unlike Paulinho who I think will shat himself on a cold December afternoon in Stoke!!

I think both will become extremely effective players, just I think ours will have the better first season and will prove he is the better player in the Premiership.

Nah, there will be an ample supply of gloves, undershirts, leggings, scarves, woolly hats, 50 tog duvets and coats all designed for Everest climbers, plus of course and endless supply of steaming hot bovril!

I really cannot fathom how

So we have from rijiit.....................................at 30 mil :clap2: , not in his national squad !!! AND @ 29 IMO he needs to be bit more than a monster!! MIRACLE COMES MORE TO MIND

perhaps you should start trying to buy up the vatican, might make a bit more long term financial sense than some of your deals :cheesy:

Actually, Hudd is a bargain at 5m if your comparing him with Citys new Brazilian, 28 yrs who cannot get in the national squad and cost 30m :lol:

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

I think Carmine is probably too knowledgeable about football and smokes will do his usual sitting on the fence:lol: , than make a negative remark about a player whom they have probably not seen playing football.

So Paulinho will need a season to bed in but Fernandinho won't :clap2:

Now you have got it!!

Nah, there will be an ample supply of gloves, undershirts, leggings, scarves, woolly hats, 50 tog duvets and coats all designed for Everest climbers, plus of course and endless supply of steaming hot bovril!

I really cannot fathom how anyone who actually knows the game can mention Paulinho and Fernandinho in the same sentence; they are as different as chalk and cheese. The former, Paulinho, is a proven international for one of the great footballing nations...whose attitude and hunger for the game is admirable. Fernandinho is old, unknown, cannot make the grade for his national team and looks to be honest nothing special - but one thing he has got is a cracking sense of humour, blagging his way in to Citeh for 30m. I wonder what his wages will be for sitting on the bench when he is finally exposed as a lower half of the premiership performer.

• Like 1

So we have from rijiit.....................................at 30 mil :clap2: , not in his national squad !!! AND @ 29 IMO he needs to be bit more than a monster!! MIRACLE COMES MORE TO MIND

perhaps you should start trying to buy up the vatican, might make a bit more long term financial sense than some of your deals :cheesy:

Actually, Hudd is a bargain at 5m if your comparing him with Citys new Brazilian, 28 yrs who cannot get in the national squad and cost 30m :lol:

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

I think Carmine is probably too knowledgeable about football and smokes will do his usual sitting on the fence:lol: , than make a negative remark about a player whom they have probably not seen playing football.

So Paulinho will need a season to bed in but Fernandinho won't :clap2:

Now you have got it!!

But what about when he's on the bench.

• Like 1

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone is on the verge of joining Sunderland after the two clubs agreed a £5million fee.

Fulham were also looking to buy the 26-year-old after Spurs made him available for transfer this summer but Sunderland are the ones that have been prepared to meet the asking price.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tom-huddlestone-is-close-to-5m-move-north-8702876.html

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

Now you have got it!!

Jack, if your going to discuss players at least do your homework first ! he has played in Europe for 3 seasons, one season being in Poland so perhaps he has sampled the weather outside of Brazil tongue.png

will prove he is the better player in the Premiership.

biggrin.png What do you base this on, how many games have you seen each player play ?

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone is on the verge of joining Sunderland after the two clubs agreed a £5million fee.

Fulham were also looking to buy the 26-year-old after Spurs made him available for transfer this summer but Sunderland are the ones that have been prepared to meet the asking price.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tom-huddlestone-is-close-to-5m-move-north-8702876.html

Well there's your 5 Mr Levy.

Readeee, Steadeeee,........

Here we go again, Levy about to offer Villa 5m less than they want for a player they really don't want to sell. The one big piece od leverage we have is the player knows he would be first choice which he must be to enhance his world cup hopes.

Pay the money and be done. Sell Parker, BAE and Huddlestone. Theres 8-10m. Bite the bullet and give Villas-Boas the chance he deserves to mix it with the top four, which we will with a top notch striker

I know I used to have a go at Levy, tongue in cheek, partly to wind you boys upwhistling.gif .

But I honestly dont get him.

I do genuinely applaud his hardness when it comes to doing a deal. He has struck some amazing deals in the past. But there is a time and a place and the Benteke situation is where you just have to do the deal. Maybe Levy considers it a little bit reckless, but this is the time to be so. If they put 25mill hard cash, they will get him. Benteke wants to play regularly and has said he wants to go to Spurs.

Now is not the time to play hardball to try and save a couple of million.

The longer it goes on, the less reluctant Villa will be to sell as it is not giving them enough time to buy replacements.

And the longer it goes on, there is more chance that one of the top 4 will miss out on their targets and move for Benteke.

If you can afford the 25 mill (and every indication is that you can), then get the deal done.

Spot on there Jack whistling.gif

Paulinho:

In a recent poll by sports paper Lance, he was voted the greatest midfielder in Corinthians’ history.

He was one of the stars of the Confederations Cup, and was voted the third-best player.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5000869/Paulinho-reveals-Lithuania-and-Poland-football-race-hell.html#ixzz2YtnTlV4k

Nice one....

No need for bovril.

Paulinho:

In a recent poll by sports paper Lance, he was voted the greatest midfielder in Corinthians’ history.

He was one of the stars of the Confederations Cup, and was voted the third-best player.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5000869/Paulinho-reveals-Lithuania-and-Poland-football-race-hell.html#ixzz2YtnTlV4k

Nice one....

No need for bovril.

No no thats incorrect, according to Jack he has only ever played in Brazil laugh.png

• Like 1

Now you have got it!!

Jack, if your going to discuss players at least do your homework first ! he has played in Europe for 3 seasons, one season being in Poland so perhaps he has sampled the weather outside of Brazil tongue.png

will prove he is the better player in the Premiership.

biggrin.png What do you base this on, how many games have you seen each player play ?

I will answer your question, even though you were not able to manage an answer for me re your '5M' playersrolleyes.gif

I have seen a number of games that Fernandinho has played, and a lesser number of games featuring Paulinho.

I believe that Fernandinho will adapt far more quickly than Paulinho. I said Paulinho has no experience in Europe. I didnt realise you were counting crappy Polish Pub teams or Serie B teamscheesy.gif

However neither you nor I know for sure, which is why I said we will see.

Post #11589 remains extant. Non spurs commentators here are very welcome. (Mod brownie point).... But the load of old tosh that is being sprouted about a brazilian 28 year old non performer is getting very boring.... And tiring to be honest. COYS

Post #11589 remains extant. Non spurs commentators here are very welcome. (Mod brownie point).... But the load of old tosh that is being sprouted about a brazilian 28 year old non performer is getting very boring.... And tiring to be honest. COYS

Its highly entertaining Ian...and it will be multiplied many times when he is found out. I am looking at this as my Xmas present from Jack. biggrin.png

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

so when paulihno's on his second season and 26 ish reaching his prime in every football way, fermandinho wil be ??? oh yeah 30 clap2.gif and city will probably be what,???? oh yeah 30 mil down,,,,,,,,,, AGAIN clap2.gif

Just keep digging your hole!!

I cant wait to come back on here to prove you wrong.

Non- performer?? Did you actually see him against Chelsea?

He has probably had more CL games than the whole of your team!!

You should be more worried about the 'tosh' that is your chairman, as opposed to dissing other players.

Its highly entertaining Ian...and it will be multiplied many times when he is found out. I am looking at this as my Xmas present from Jack. biggrin.png

Good lad, thats the 4 of you....nice yankee uplaugh.pnglaugh.png

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

so when paulihno's on his second season and 26 ish reaching his prime in every football way, fermandinho wil be ??? oh yeah 30 clap2.gif and city will probably be what,???? oh yeah 30 mil down,,,,,,,,,, AGAIN clap2.gif

But if he helps us win a trophy, how is that 30 million down?

But if you guys dont get into the top 4 this year, then its an opportunity missed as well as a waste of 17 millionlaugh.png

Saturday 23rd November 2013..........!!!!!!!!

So let me get this right.... You are looking forward to playing us at the Etihad on 23rd November? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I would keep hoping and praying and keeping everything crossed that your Daniel buys you a forward over the next few weeks, otherwise your season will become an embarrassmentrolleyes.gif

On the other hand you may be one of those deluded enough to think you will finish top 4 no problem and will be a better team than us next yearlaugh.png

Time will tell.

Roll on 23rd November, though I will admit we will have far easier games.

So thats the 3 Wise Men.

But if he helps us win a trophy, how is that 30 million down?

But if you guys dont get into the top 4 this year, then its an opportunity missed as well as a waste of 17 millionlaugh.png

irrespective of trophies , he'll be 30year old Brazilian whose been away from home for ten years,getting homesick maybe, whats his transfer worth gonna be 5 mil? if he's a major major hit 10 total max, but 7 brazilian caps and not in the current squad,,,,,,suggests what? hmm

meanwhile tourre milner? are unhappy cos they cant get a game, but hold on no one will buy them, why? cos they earn to muchcheesy.gif now theres a surpriseclap2.gif

meanwhile, we move into our new privately owned stadium, our settled 24 year old matures and who knows what his value gonna be , but at 26, the probability is he'll be worth a chunk more 5 /10 mil? but tthats football business huh? just a quick question? barring adam johnson who u might have come 2 maybe 3 mil up, clap2.gif who was the last player you actually sold and made a profit on ? cheesy.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1