Tottenham Thread

chonabot

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenhams-transfer-market-go-slow-blamed-david-2057470

I have posted this, not as a way of taking the p!ss, but rather about bringing up what I consider to be an integral part of what is wrong with our wonderful game.

When I first started reading this article, I was chuckling at what I thought was typical Levy hard headed-ness at letting another deal slip by.

However, the article goes on to say that the reason the deal slowed was because of Levy's reluctance to be paying agents fees.

These agents really are screwing up football big time. It is important that a player has access to an agent, who will get the best deal for their player, however it has now become ridiculous. These agents are making MILLIONS, on the back of these transfers. It has clearly got to a ridiculous stage. With the new FPP rules in place, as a supporter I would rather the money go to the club or the player rather than a disproportionate fee go to some money grabbing agent.

I applaud Levy for his stance, though as a Spurs fan, it is no consolation.

I think the time has come where ALL the Directors of football in the Premiership come together and have a solid gentlemans agreement that a maximum percentage be paid to these agents. Its unfair if only one or 2 agree, it has to be unanimous.

The Premier League can now easily attract the best players in the world because the clubs are paying a lot more than any other league. Therefore from the players point of view, surely most would come here.

Why did Falcao choose Monaco? I am sure City and/or Chelsea offered him huge money. Down to the agents, I am sure.

Surely now is the time, where FPP has to be complied with, for these DOFs to put these agents in their place.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenhams-transfer-market-go-slow-blamed-david-2057470

I have posted this, not as a way of taking the p!ss, but rather about bringing up what I consider to be an integral part of what is wrong with our wonderful game.

When I first started reading this article, I was chuckling at what I thought was typical Levy hard headed-ness at letting another deal slip by.

However, the article goes on to say that the reason the deal slowed was because of Levy's reluctance to be paying agents fees.

These agents really are screwing up football big time. It is important that a player has access to an agent, who will get the best deal for their player, however it has now become ridiculous. These agents are making MILLIONS, on the back of these transfers. It has clearly got to a ridiculous stage. With the new FPP rules in place, as a supporter I would rather the money go to the club or the player rather than a disproportionate fee go to some money grabbing agent.

I think the time has come where ALL the Directors of football in the Premiership come together and have a solid gentlemans agreement that a maximum percentage be paid to these agents. Its unfair if only one or 2 agree, it has to be unanimous.

The Premier League can now easily attract the best players in the world because the clubs are paying a lot more than any other league. Therefore from the players point of view, surely most would come here.

Why did Falcao choose Monaco? I am sure City and/or Chelsea offered him huge money. Down to the agents, I am sure.

Surely now is the time, where FPP has to be complied with, for these DOFs to put these agents in their place.

Agree with a lot you say here, but suggest more to it than just an agent fee. The report says 4.4m was the cost for Villa. I am assuming wages, length of contract required and other conditions of employment all played a role here.

To be fair, no where in that aricle are there any quotes from Levy or Spurs that it was agents fees that held up the deal and it is purely guesswork by the MIrror, more likely a case of Levy just dithering as usual thumbsup.gif or perhaps Spurs holding back while waiting for someone else to become available whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

The dithering is probably about Levy trying to back as much of the asking price as he can onto Benteke's sell on from us when he becomes world class and Real Madrid tap him up as it seems they have a right to do with all our players.smile.png

To be fair, no where in that aricle are there any quotes from Levy or Spurs that it was agents fees that held up the deal and it is purely guesswork by the MIrror, more likely a case of Levy just dithering as usual thumbsup.gif or perhaps Spurs holding back while waiting for someone else to become available whistling.gif

OK, maybe Levy is an a#s wipe after all!!

But if one gives him the benefit of the doubt,or even if you dont, there is way too much money being paid to agents, obscene amounts.

I believe that every club has changed in its approach to salaries paid and transfer fees paid, so now is the time to address agents. I believe there should be a maximum percentage paid by the club, across the board. If the greedy agent wants more, then that has to be paid by the player. Surely that would be relatively easy to implement. I've got to believe that the DOFs would be in agreement, unless they are all bent and getting a kick back from the agent.

OK, maybe Levy is an a#s wipe after all!!

But if one gives him the benefit of the doubt,or even if you dont, there is way too much money being paid to agents, obscene amounts.

I believe that every club has changed in its approach to salaries paid and transfer fees paid, so now is the time to address agents. I believe there should be a maximum percentage paid by the club, across the board. If the greedy agent wants more, then that has to be paid by the player. Surely that would be relatively easy to implement. I've got to believe that the DOFs would be in agreement, unless they are all bent and getting a kick back from the agent.

I agree that the agents are getting too much money but surely that is down to the player who employs the agent and in around about way it is the player who is paying the agent !

So not a peep about the Swindon draw?blink.png

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Stewart, Naughton; Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Bentaleb, Bale; Ceballos, Defoe.

SUBS: Friedel, Archer, Smith, Caulker, Vertonghen, Rose, Fryers, Dombaste, Parker, Carroll, Townsend, Lennon, Obika.

A decent side we put out on a very hot evening Bob. Subbed most of 'em to give everyone a run out. What they need right now is to stretch the legs and have a kick about.

Now let's get back to Man Yoo in decline please! tongue.png

• Like 1

Swindon Town.... Brings back happy happy days for a youngster aged 8 when they thrashed Arsenal 3-1 in the 1969 league cup final. Happy days indeed. Don Rogers was a legend!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4oQTUv37nU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3De4oQTUv37nU

Slightly off topic I know, I just hate the Arse!

Don't worry, we understand. That constant, nagging feeling of knowing that you're always going to be second best must just hurt so much.

violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

Swindon Town.... Brings back happy happy days for a youngster aged 8 when they thrashed Arsenal 3-1 in the 1969 league cup final. Happy days indeed. Don Rogers was a legend!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4oQTUv37nU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3De4oQTUv37nU

Slightly off topic I know, I just hate the Arse!

Don't worry, we understand. That constant, nagging feeling of knowing that you're always going to be second best must just hurt so much.

Hahahaha .... Book marking this one, gonna need to refer to it next May!

Yes, the old Tottenham motto: "Sit semper in anno altero"

thumbsup.gif

Yes, the old Tottenham motto: "Sit semper in anno altero"

thumbsup.gif

tempora mutantur nos et mutamur in illis

Pax vobiscum.

Posted Image

Et cum spiritu tuo........ Renoog gabmucs

Let's not forget the Wenger family motto....

"Magni puellae in agris currunt".

adopted shortly after selling Patrick that was.

Its not football....its touchball! :D

Pax vobiscum.

biggrin.png

Et cum spiritu tuo........ Renoog gabmucs

Let's not forget the Wenger family motto....

"Magni puellae in agris currunt".

adopted shortly after selling Patrick that was.

Its not football....its touchball! biggrin.png

Actually I think his motto is "I'm not f**king paying that!".

wink.png

• Like 1