Tottenham Thread

chonabot

If Bale or AVB jumps ship I will eat my hat! Trott off back to you own threads you outsider chaps. Only interested in varied views and sensible arguments from spurs fans here. None of us really know jack <deleted>..... But, levy for all his faults, has and continues to give us a strong balance sheet without oil or mafia. With only 36,000 capacity at the lane he HAS done wonders financially.

Come May 2014, there will be many surprises. COYS

If Bale or AVB jumps ship I will eat my hat! Trott off back to you own threads you outsider chaps. Only interested in varied views and sensible arguments from spurs fans here. None of us really know jack <deleted>..... But, levy for all his faults, has and continues to give us a strong balance sheet without oil or mafia. With only 36,000 capacity at the lane he HAS done wonders financially.

Come May 2014, there will be many surprises. COYS

Quite right Ian....but carmine is right as well.

We won't get another chance to break the top four if we don't act now....buy a striker....announce three or four fringe players "might" be available for sale at the right price and shut up shop for the summer.

Its also true to say the sooner a striker arrives the better so we can hit the ground at least at a canter if nit full tilt as might be if the striker arrived at start of preseason.

There is still hope.

COYS.

we can speculate al we wish about spurs financial intent, the answer is we dont know aboout levy or co's stance, but regarding benteke there has been no statements from the club but what we do know is that a

BASIC LAW OF ECONOMICS seems to apply here SOMETHINGS REAL VALUE, IS WHAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY PAYS FOR IT, IF BENTEKE WAS WORTH 25 MIL someone would of paid it, we didnt and no else did, so what does suggest to you?

As for our spending, its not perfect and it has its limitations but tbh i prefer it 2 be visibly viable and 'controlled' then appearing to be at the whim of every incoming coach or managerial change , hopefully this and the new stad's income will take us steadily forward.

Fair point, rijiit.

I liken the Benteke situation to the price of petrol.

We all know the price of petrol.

If we are on a journey and are running out of petrol, pull into the petrol station, where the price of petrol is 25% more than it should be.

What do you do? If you carry on in the hope of finding another petrol station, you will probably run out of petrol. Most people would begrudgingly pay the premium price, because its the common sense thing to do, even though you are overpaying.

So right now you boys are on your journey with an empty tank, crossing everything you have that you find another petrol station, first of all that is open for business, and will sell you petrol at the proper price. Good Luck!biggrin.png

YeP , inadvertently you've hit the nail on the head jack , its CALLED PLANNING.

Planning is easy when you are paying £150 grand a week.....you bid and the players and their agents smell the green.

Not quite the same for us Jack.

A zero or 2 doesnt make any difference. 'a plan' is either a viable plan or its not. The problem comes when its basically a bad or ill advised plan OR/and has to be changed mid stream.

Planning is easy when you are paying £150 grand a week.....you bid and the players and their agents smell the green.

Sell to an owner with ambition or do it the hard way Smokie?

Tough call....we don't want a circus...we want a football team with integrity and continuity at least.

Look at the chavs and now Citwh....the whole look of the clubs change....I don't want that....just a twenty goal a season striker....and CL....I loved seeing the team line up as the tune is played.....:)

Nonsense smokes.

You have the money, and Benteke would have been getting 70K /week tops.

You talk about planning!! How long have you boys been going on about a CF?

I would love to know what the 'Plan' is?

Anyway, not my team. But believe or not I enjoy the competition. I would much rather you boys be up there than either Arsenal or United. I just think its a shame for you and football generally, that you are centimeters away from top 4, just one final piece of the jigsaw puzzle, and it doesnt come to fruition.

And its NOT a money issue. If it was I would accept it and not bring it up again.

• Like 1

Tough call....we don't want a circus...we want a football team with integrity and continuity at least.

Look at the chavs and now Citwh....the whole look of the clubs change....I don't want that....just a twenty goal a season striker....and CL....I loved seeing the team line up as the tune is played.....:)

Sport started out as a play thing and got corrupted into a business thing. I'm glad my club is now a play thing again.

As I've said on these boards before, I would like everything to be fairer, but the talk of accounts and business models just bore me and is not why I love football.

So long as there are punters like us in Thailand wanting to watch their EPL teams on TrueVision on a 42inch Samsung telly the game will be about money.

It was always about money.

Shipbuilder on Tyneside worked his butt off all week to go to the match on Saturday.

Newcastle made money through the turnstiles.

Clubs and chairmen screwed everyone before the players took control. Its their time. I long for the time of the fans.

Maybe that was the early to mid 90's when the game was freely available everywhere.

Even Thailand is being screwed now to an extent.

Look at the chavs and now Citwh....the whole look of the clubs change....I don't want that....just a twenty goal a season striker....and CL....I loved seeing the team line up as the tune is played.....smile.png

we've got one, defoe hasnt failed to hit a goal in between every 2 / 3ish games for the last 10? seasons. given a fit season and or a run of 40 plus games he'll get 20 ish. And tbh if adeboy performed like he did for ari the first season, i'de be happy with him. what we need is decent competition. ie a third maybe a 4 th quality striker. but for what ever reason vb aint going 2 go with 3/4 strikers, and inside of me decade's and decades of watching and playing football is just screaming,,,,,,,, WRONG decision.

Edited by rijit

Defoe will do what he does....great ten goals then batter the stands for the rest of the season.

Adebayor is roo gormless for words....he aibt quick enough for our attack....bring in Soldado.

He has tge pace and awareness regardless of his age. Then we will be an excellwnt side who can beat anyone.

Defoe will do what he does....great ten goals then batter the stands for the rest of the season.

Adebayor is roo gormless for words....he aibt quick enough for our attack....bring in Soldado.

He has tge pace and awareness regardless of his age. Then we will be an excellwnt side who can beat anyone.

AVB drifted out to 40/1 with Ladbrokes today for the Barca job.....maybe some good news from Levy?

• Like 1

but adeboy was borderline excellent in the first season with us, just last season , to easy for him, signed a big juicy deal 2 easy

from what your saying its not just a 20 goal a season striker you want, its an improvement, and one of the major factors in improvement is

competition, with 2 strikers, Ide go as far as to say no one will win the prem with 2 strikers

its there but it aint strong enuf. A couple of interesting quotes on sky from valencia.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11837/8835645/transfer-news-valencia-want-roberto-soldado-situation-clarified

it's gonna take a deal like suerez to happen then things are going to go like a pack of dominoes

but adeboy was borderline excellent in the first season with us, just last season , to easy for him, signed a big juicy deal 2 easy

from what your saying its not just a 20 goal a season striker you want, its an improvement, and one of the major factors in improvement is

competition, with 2 strikers, Ide go as far as to say no one will win the prem with 2 strikers

its there but it aint strong enuf. A couple of interesting quotes on sky from valencia.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11837/8835645/transfer-news-valencia-want-roberto-soldado-situation-clarified

it's gonna take a deal like suerez to happen then things are going to go like a pack of dominoes

You need three quality strikers....le arse aint got it....city didn't have it last year....chelski missed drog and man yoo won it by default.

I doubt that will happen again....we must buy a striker just to compete for top four.

I totally agree that Adebayor might up his game if the likes of Soldado come in....he already did the last few games of the season....but he was crap in too many games for my liking. Defoe is exasperating....fabulous for half an hour then crap for three weeks. That is being kind.

What do Spurs do if they get a big offer for Bale?

Define "big".

I don't know Smokie. But let's say its attractive enough for Levy to let him go.

Impossible to plan anything if you don't know what you need or how much money you've got to spend.

Maybe Levy's waiting for that reason?

I'm not stirring, just saying what happens if.

Define "big".

I don't know Smokie. But let's say its attractive enough for Levy to let him go.

Impossible to plan anything if you don't know what you need or how much money you've got to spend.

80 plus and imo he's gone and we'd do exactly the same as we did when berby,carrick modric ect ect left, regroup, reinvest, and move on.smile.png

Define "big".

Well without saying how attractive it is a difficult call isn't it?

OK I will name my price....£80m....and for the Man Yoo lot we shall add the usual £10m.

I hope Nads reads this one before his muesli and toast. biggrin.png

if he were to go what would you do to regroup, reinvest and move on?

Is Levy's indecision possibly related to the possibility that Bale could be released for an amount of money Levy is happy with.?

if he were to go what would you do to regroup, reinvest and move on?

Is Levy's indecision possibly related to the possibility that Bale could be released for an amount of money Levy is happy with.?

You would have to ask Joe Lewis that question.