Tottenham Thread

chonabot

seems both sets of arguments bout our window activity has some validity i suppose the proof of the pudding Will be in the eating. and by xmas we`ll know?

You are joking rij?

If we had bought and sold no one but Soldado we would all be happy enough in May.

As it stands I'm absolutely delighted.

all Im sayin is that although Im pleased with our window activity and believe it has great/ potential by xmas we will be in a better position to see how quickly or if its capable of delivering .tbh soldado is pretty much bang on.but the others? , we will c .but as it stands we've sold 10/15 goals in dwmpsey and potential England/b caulker, both struggled last year year but maybe needed time, and given regular game time imo would certainly deliver. will they be missed ? hopefully not , but xmas if not b4 we'll have a clearer picture .

Fair points...I have seen the videos on Youtube though rij and I reckon all three will slot in nicely.

What's the latest on the Chiriches thing?

It appears Vlad will be playing his last game for Steaua on Tuesday then the deal will be announced.

Hope that is true smokes..... The idiot in prison is a loose cannon..... Though seems he calls the shots. As i said a number of days ago Vlad will be a perfect fit. Now off to search the Benny archives.......

seems both sets of arguments bout our window activity has some validity i suppose the proof of the pudding Will be in the eating. and by xmas we`ll know?

You are joking rij?

If we had bought and sold no one but Soldado we would all be happy enough in May.

As it stands I'm absolutely delighted.

all Im sayin is that although Im pleased with our window activity and believe it has great/ potential by xmas we will be in a better position to see how quickly or if its capable of delivering .tbh soldado is pretty much bang on.but the others? , we will c .but as it stands we've sold 10/15 goals in dwmpsey and potential England/b caulker, both struggled last year year but maybe needed time, and given regular game time imo would certainly deliver. will they be missed ? hopefully not , but xmas if not b4 we'll have a clearer picture .

Fair points...I have seen the videos on Youtube though rij and I reckon all three will slot in nicely.

YouTube................. 5555555555555555555555555555

"Just to add, we still have Bennie AE. Love him or hate him, he has the ability to come in and surprise. He is a Spurs man through and through"

Yeah right Posted Image

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/may/01/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham-hotspur

Nice one Upyours ..... 1 May 2010 in the Guardian..... You are a little out of day me old sunshine

I think any genuine Spurs fan knew BAE stance on football and would never have said he's 'Spurs through and through'.Posted ImageNot out of date at all....recalled reading it when I read your post, so able to bring it up.....I read a lot of Spurs news.

Right you numpty..... Read the up to date information on BAE, which puts into context the interview of 3 years earlier.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/03/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham

Anyone around the Lane would hiss all over your assumption that he is not spurs through and through. He may not be the best LB in the world, nor the Premiership, and yes he is French, but he has become a legend in his own right around the Tottenham youth. He has put himself in harms way, and he cares. I can provide many local links...... But for sure you won't read them, you'll just attempt to divert the truth with more ignorant BS. Yup ignoramus sounds a good descriptor. Off you trot there's a good chap. Get back to your own poorly supported thread.

• Like 2

"Just to add, we still have Bennie AE. Love him or hate him, he has the ability to come in and surprise. He is a Spurs man through and through"

Yeah right laugh.png

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/may/01/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham-hotspur

Nice one Upyours ..... 1 May 2010 in the Guardian..... You are a little out of day me old sunshine

I think any genuine Spurs fan knew BAE stance on football and would never have said he's 'Spurs through and through'.laugh.pngNot out of date at all....recalled reading it when I read your post, so able to bring it up.....I read a lot of Spurs news.

Right you numpty..... Read the up to date information on BAE, which puts into context the interview of 3 years earlier.

Anyone around the Lane would hiss all over your assumption that he is not spurs through and through. He may not be the best LB in the world, nor the Premiership, and yes he is French, but he has become a legend in his own right around the Tottenham youth. He has put himself in harms way, and he cares. I can provide many local links...... But for sure you won't read them, you'll just attempt to divert the truth with more ignorant BS. Yup ignoramus sounds a good descriptor. Off you trot there's a good chap. Get back to your own poorly supported thread.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yeah right laugh.png

I think any genuine Spurs fan knew BAE stance on football and would never have said he's 'Spurs through and through'.laugh.pngNot out of date at all....recalled reading it when I read your post, so able to bring it up.....I read a lot of Spurs news.

ups don't have his own thread. sad.png

w00t.gif Not yet anyways ups....one day eh? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yeah right Posted Image

I think any genuine Spurs fan knew BAE stance on football and would never have said he's 'Spurs through and through'.Posted ImageNot out of date at all....recalled reading it when I read your post, so able to bring it up.....I read a lot of Spurs news.

Posted Image

Lol..... Is that it.... Is that your defence for spreading utter BS. An emoticon such as.....

Posted Image

Just exposes you for talking utter crap to be honest. I'm sure you are an ok guy though, so trot off back to your thread and lets resume after our first match together. Can't wait.

Interesting situation this with the rumanian Vlad. I know nothing about him but apparently he is very very good. I just hope Spurs didn't sell Caulker on the basis that the deal was 99% done with the final thumbs up from a prison gangster because we cannot go into the season with three center backs, and our key man having been out for a year.

I have to believe that they would not sell Caulker unless they knew they had a replacement.

Aside of this i'm happy with things but its a real issue if Kaboul were to break down in training

Is there any news yet on Kaboul?

From what little I have been told (a couple of weeks ago) he is steady in training. Hoping that is the case and they are just working him slowly. There was a suggestion we could potentially have another Ledley, but too soon to give that any mileage. We will see soon enough. I prefer to think AVB will have him bang on to start and then be Subbed, or come on as a sub at Palace. Hope so.

Edited by iancnx

Yup that's a worry if true.... Hopefully just precautionary scan with a few days rest. Maybe see tomorrow, as they have a day off today.

Is there any news yet on Kaboul?

From what little I have been told (a couple of weeks ago) he is steady in training. Hoping that is the case and they are just working him slowly. There was a suggestion we could potentially have another Ledley, but too soon to give that any mileage. We will see soon enough. I prefer to think AVB will have him bang on to start and then be Subbed, or come on as a sub at Palace. Hope so.

And there is this, which provides a couple of quotes from AVB, one of which plays down the LedleyKnee rumour. Albeit dated 15 July 2013.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2013/07/kaboul-passes-his-fitness-test_15.html?

So..... at last........ now a slightly different version of the Bale issue starts to hit the wires. An agreement to sell to RM next Summer supporting my gut feeling all along. Don't believe the latest 'Bale is Furious' sensationalism, substitute that headline for "Gareth Bale, his team mates, Spurs, and their loyal supporters are all chuffed to <deleted>". Now the transitional planning, already underway, can take its course. Well done Levy, Baldini and AVB! All you sad doubting visitors to this thread, and spreaders of doom and gloom, get ready for eating hat!

So..... at last........ now a slightly different version of the Bale issue starts to hit the wires. An agreement to sell to RM next Summer supporting my gut feeling all along. Don't believe the latest 'Bale is Furious' sensationalism, substitute that headline for "Gareth Bale, his team mates, Spurs, and their loyal supporters are all chuffed to <deleted>". Now the transitional planning, already underway, can take its course. Well done Levy, Baldini and AVB! All you sad doubting visitors to this thread, and spreaders of doom and gloom, get ready for eating hat!

Ian they were not spreading doom and gloom. They are loving it! They were desperately hoping we'd lose our best player because we are looking a very strong side. It just suits what they want to believe, and they will read truth into no end of utter drivel to convince themselvessmile.png

Frankly having glossed over all the crap on the transfer nonsense thread its impossible to know which way this saga will go. Ironically of all football fans its Spurs supporters that should have the least concerns due to the unique win win situation we find our club in. However, we are very lucky that Bale is a decent guy and a professional. Memories of the behavior of that little turd Modric still urk me

• Like 1

Ian they were not spreading doom and gloom. They are loving it! They were desperately hoping we'd lose our best player because we are looking a very strong side. It just suits what they want to believe, and they will read truth into no end of utter drivel to convince themselvessmile.png

Frankly having glossed over all the crap on the transfer nonsense thread its impossible to know which way this saga will go. Ironically of all football fans its Spurs supporters that should have the least concerns due to the unique win win situation we find our club in. However, we are very lucky that Bale is a decent guy and a professional. Memories of the behavior of that little turd Modric still urk me

When has Bale come out and said he doesn't want a move then? that would put a stop to all the rumors wouldn't it.

He is decent guy!! biggrin.png ..bookmarked.

• Like 1

When has Bale come out and actually wants a move? Mate, you should be spending your time focusing on the weakest looking Man Utd squad in 25 years. I include Ferguson in "squad" btw. Time is running out Mr Ed.

However, we are very lucky that Bale is a decent guy and a professional. Memories of the behavior of that little turd Modric still urk me

Totally with you there. Modric cost us in terms of points big time. We managed just 2 points from 9 in the first three games. Once the little urk had flown we won our next 4 games. IF we had not dropped those 7 points, we would have finished second in the Premiership at best, or a worst case scenario we would have surely qualified for CL. Remember only 6 points between Man City, Chelsea, ARSEnal and Spurs in the final standings.

It seems that the Tottenham Board also realises what was lost last year just to make a short term gain on the Modric sale. If I am right Palace had better get ready!

Gareth, on the other hand, is a consummate professional. His demeanour of the past four or five weeks is an example to all. Hope I have called this right, and I don't need to find my own hat!

• Like 2

I think Bale is bored with the media as well. AVB said that Bale didnt travel because he had a pain in his ar5e!! :-)

As a Chelsea supporter I would expect a little bit more from you mjj.

Sorry to sound pompous but it's true.

I think Bale is bored with the media as well. AVB said that Bale didnt travel because he had a pain in his ar5e!! :-)

Just trying to have fun, the BBC have a story where AVB says Bale has an injury to his 'gluteus'. Guess the fun is dying on these threads..............

• Like 2

Just trying to have fun, the BBC have a story where AVB says Bale has an injury to his 'gluteus'. Guess the fun is dying on these threads..............

More fun would be Chelsea swapping Torres for the Biter. Absurd I know, but fun all the same..... Now there is a rumour to wet the appetites of the ridiculous footballing media.

Ian, I'm afraid for Chelsea fans, the idea that we could offload Torres is but a distant dream........£175k a week for falling over is quite difficult to better.

Agreed, Torres has really fcuked up, However The Special One is making noises that he can revitalise the Spanish enigma. Hope he can. Would be good for the Premiership, and for Chelsea. If he fails Torres is finished.

As for the Biter if he ends up at the Emirates I see the end result in him taking the hiss for a year prior to 'homesickness disease' next summer. Can only be very very good news for us.

Probably cos of the size of his wallet in his back pocket.