Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Everything was going well until we went defensive with 10 minutes to play and what happened? All we had to do was to keep playing and we would have picked up 3 points so for me this one is down to Redknapp for abandoning what was obviously a decent game plan. Reminds me of Fulham away when Jol was in charge and we were absolutely slaughtering them until time was running out and we went 3 at the back and came away with a point.

Positives: Bentley - charging both ways down the line with decent effect, Modric - just about back to where he was, Bale - decent going forward and solid at the back (he must get getting his end away at last).

Negatives: Huddlestone - far too many wayward passes, Corluka - I cringe when this boy gets the ball and their goal was down to him.

I too have a problem with Corluka. The combined purchase of Corluka and Hutton for 18 million :) Not exactly money well spent.

Why is it that we are so vulnerable in the last ten/fifteen minutes of every match? I almost expect us to concede. Why has'nt Rednapp identified this as a longterm ongoing problem?

Well there's no dropping Corluka now, now that he has let our other 2 right backs go (very very strange decision).

Bought in kabul as cover for centre defence, def mid and now right back, so if we get 2 injuries in them positions we are up the creek without a paddle.

No decent back up goalkeeper.

Sometimes i worry about arri's strange decisions :D , even thinking about removing his avatar but probaly wait until the end of the season on that one :D as i know the west scam like seeing his picture.

not bad alfie not bad, although i couldnt help but see the irony of the use of worry, strange decisions and scam all in the same sentence about redknapp :D

Just heard the following on talksport :

Interview with Robbie Keane after signing for liverpool, "it's no secret that i'm a massive Liverpool fan and would love to play for them"

Interview with Robbie Keane after signing for Celtic, " it's no secret that i'm a massive celtic fan and have always wanted to play for them".

:):D:D

Everything was going well until we went defensive with 10 minutes to play and what happened? All we had to do was to keep playing and we would have picked up 3 points so for me this one is down to Redknapp for abandoning what was obviously a decent game plan. Reminds me of Fulham away when Jol was in charge and we were absolutely slaughtering them until time was running out and we went 3 at the back and came away with a point.

Positives: Bentley - charging both ways down the line with decent effect, Modric - just about back to where he was, Bale - decent going forward and solid at the back (he must get getting his end away at last).

Negatives: Huddlestone - far too many wayward passes, Corluka - I cringe when this boy gets the ball and their goal was down to him.

I too have a problem with Corluka. The combined purchase of Corluka and Hutton for 18 million :) Not exactly money well spent.

Why is it that we are so vulnerable in the last ten/fifteen minutes of every match? I almost expect us to concede. Why has'nt Rednapp identified this as a longterm ongoing problem?

Well there's no dropping Corluka now, now that he has let our other 2 right backs go (very very strange decision).

Bought in kabul as cover for centre defence, def mid and now right back, so if we get 2 injuries in them positions we are up the creek without a paddle.

No decent back up goalkeeper.

Sometimes i worry about arri's strange decisions :D , even thinking about removing his avatar but probaly wait until the end of the season on that one :D as i know the west scam like seeing his picture.

Just read on the Sheff utd website that Walker has returned to Spurs :D .

On the Spurs site now:

Kyle Walker has been recalled from his loan at Sheffield United.

The England Under-19 international joined us in the summer from the Blades but returned to Bramall Lane on loan this season where he has made 28 appearances.

All clever stuff eh.

Just heard the following on talksport :

Interview with Robbie Keane after signing for liverpool, "it's no secret that i'm a massive Liverpool fan and would love to play for them"

Interview with Robbie Keane after signing for Celtic, " it's no secret that i'm a massive celtic fan and have always wanted to play for them".

:):D:D

And when he finishes with Celtic and goes somewhere else it will be the same story. Keane has never struck me as being particularly bright in any interviews I ve seen with him or maybe he has just got a bad memory. Lets hope he makes a go of it as this us realy last chance saloon for him in the big???? time.

Ive never been a huge huge fan of keanes but thats unfair Nothing new with people supporting diferent teams in diferent countries. hes never said that b4 and probably wont say it again. I would imagine why he said it is because hes a irish protestant , they have strong cultural connections with Celtic. and Liverpool have a strong Irish following as well as its a relatively short boat /plane ride over. And they were THE team in the uk when keane was a youngster.

Ive never been a huge huge fan of keanes but thats unfair Nothing new with people supporting diferent teams in diferent countries. hes never said that b4 and probably wont say it again. I would imagine why he said it is because hes a irish protestant , they have strong cultural connections with Celtic. and Liverpool have a strong Irish following as well as its a relatively short boat /plane ride over. And they were THE team in the uk when keane was a youngster.

i would backtrack very quickly if i were you.

celtic are catholic and rangers are the protestants. a word of advice. if you ever happen to find yourself up in glasgow, on a cold dark, winters night. in certain parts of the city, be sure to observe these small, but maybe lifesaving pointers.

1. wear neutral colours( never wear green or blue)

2. if you are english, dont open your gob unless you have to.

3. be careful what pubs you go into.

4. dont express an opinion on football related discussions.( goes hand in hand with point number 2)

5. never do what gazza did, in the green and white part of glasgow and pick up, or minmick the playing of a whistle flute.

6. maybe orange isnt such a good idea either.

by the way this is not a threat, just simple advice from one poster to another,

Edited by tigerfish

Good win last night. It seems that Bentleys recent good form continues, which baring in mind Lennon's injury is a huge bonus for us.

Has anyone heard a recent update on Lennon? I also read a report yesterday that implied Woodgate's career might be over by the end of the season :)

Good win last night. It seems that Bentleys recent good form continues, which baring in mind Lennon's injury is a huge bonus for us.

Has anyone heard a recent update on Lennon? I also read a report yesterday that implied Woodgate's career might be over by the end of the season :)

I think Lennon is out for a few more weeks, Bentley has done well in place of him - crosses that hit the target. Watched the re-run of the Leed's game and didn't realise Jenas was so fast, don't remember the last time I saw him sprint like that.

Edited by bkkjames

Last i read lennon was lennon maybe needing surgery on a hernia problem.

As for woodgate, well who knows, the boys body doesnt seem to be able to handle pro football. But we live in hope we look better when hes playing

And as for jenas, he comes in for some stick u hes a good box to box midfielder, with bags of energy. never quite kicked on as he should have done , he needs a

season of 15 -20 goals to do tthat, and I fear that its to late for him, well at Tottenham anyway

Bwahahahahahaha you are BY FAR still the funniest Poster on this Forum in my very honest opinion... :)

And they were THE team in the uk when keane was a youngster.

Bwahahahahahaha you are BY FAR still the funniest Poster on this Forum in my very honest opinion... :)

True. And my memory must be failing coz I thought Forest and then Liverpool were winning European Cups back in the day. Or maybe Keane is just looking young for his age.

Edited by smokie36

How are you boys thinking about Villa today? The points between Spurs, Liverpool (who hopefully will lose today), City and Villa make this game very interesting, especially as City should get the 3 points today, so presumably this is a must-win for you.

This is HUGE for us, and yes i am very nervous! We outplayed them at Villa but could'nt break them dowm. Very well organised side and tough to beat. I think it's very important for us to get an early goal.

City as you say should get 3 points, but i would have thought Everton would be going into the derby with a lot of confidence, and could do us a favour. :)

How are you boys thinking about Villa today? The points between Spurs, Liverpool (who hopefully will lose today), City and Villa make this game very interesting, especially as City should get the 3 points today, so presumably this is a must-win for you.

This is HUGE for us, and yes i am very nervous! We outplayed them at Villa but could'nt break them dowm. Very well organised side and tough to beat. I think it's very important for us to get an early goal.

City as you say should get 3 points, but i would have thought Everton would be going into the derby with a lot of confidence, and could do us a favour. :)

A draw would be a result for us but a disaster for Liverpool. Pressure's all on them for sure.

I'm not optimistic about today, villa in young and downing have so so much pace and the way they swop wings, dont think that corluka and bale will be able to handle them. I take villa to steal a win. But we live in hope.

081 11 1111taxi , cya titrij :)

That was a bit too route one and predictable for my liking.

Villa came for a point and got it. Very well organised.

And yes, they too sussed out Crouch is a tall guy, and hoofing it upfield to him was never ever going to work against a quality defence.

WELL DONE HULL

Harry Redknapp, Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez are in a pub. Harry gets up and gets a round in, Wenger gets up and gets the next round, then Ferguson and then Benitez. Harry then goes up and buys himself a

pint and sits down. Wenger, Ferguson and Benitez ask what the hel_l is going on ?

Harry replies "This is the fifth round lads and you're not f**king in it !".

Harry Redknapp, Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez are in a pub. Harry gets up and gets a round in, Wenger gets up and gets the next round, then Ferguson and then Benitez. Harry then goes up and buys himself a

pint and sits down. Wenger, Ferguson and Benitez ask what the hel_l is going on ?

Harry replies "This is the fifth round lads and you're not f**king in it !".

:):D

another dogged defensive display from villa, spurs just couldn't get that bit of 'luck skill' call it what u may, to break them down. . And the game highlighted why we will probably miss out on a top 4 spot. Thought that Bale was excellent, hes really improved defensively and imo is going to be top draw.

I amended it to make it more funnier & more realistic.... :)

Harry Redknapp offered to send the West Ham squad on an expenses paid holiday to Florida but they said they'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

Yeah, that's errrrr, errrrrm, hilarious Mahseer...

T*ttenham humour, unrivalled...

Edited by MSingh

Harry Redknapp offered to send the West Ham squad on an expenses paid holiday to Florida but they said they'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

Yeah, that's errrrr, errrrrm, hilarious Mahseer...

T*ttenham humour, unrivalled...

until now mahseer? has anyone ever bothered to inform you that, you are obviously devoid of humour and socially inadequate, if not ,consider me the first, saggy chops ,