Tottenham Thread

chonabot

LMFAO !

wow, you lot kept this one under the radar. got to admit though it is a match made in heaven. tongue.png

http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8

#13114 page 525 whistling.gif

apologies Bob. wai.gif

but i hope you can understand i don't tend to keep up to date with much of silly little tittle tattle spouted off on this thread on a daily basis. biggrin.png

Yeah just check the news at the end of August to see if you've sold your best player...we know matey....

• Like 1

LMFAO !

wow, you lot kept this one under the radar. got to admit though it is a match made in heaven. tongue.png

http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8

#13114 page 525 whistling.gif

apologies Bob. wai.gif

but i hope you can understand i don't tend to keep up to date with much of silly little tittle tattle spouted off on this thread on a daily basis. biggrin.png

Yeah just check the news at the end of August to see if you've sold your best player...we know matey....

nah smokes they've already turned down a world record fee,,,,,, ah no my mistake,,,,,,, that must have been someone elsesmile.png ,,,,,

Not ideal IMO, but a traditional 'old school' Tottenham signing, a midfielder that can , and no doubt will, play at the bac.wink.png

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8859737/transfer-news-tottenham-in-talks-with-toulouse-over-midfielder-etienne-capoue

oh , Ive no idea how good he is,,never seen him play TBH.

Edited by rijit

Not ideal IMO, but a traditional 'old school' Tottenham signing, a midfielder that can , and no doubt will, play at the bac.wink.png

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8859737/transfer-news-tottenham-in-talks-with-toulouse-over-midfielder-etienne-capoue

oh , Ive no idea how good he is,,never seen him play TBH.

Looks like he's a Baldini signing mate. I don't know much about him either but his stats are very good. Scores goals too. 6'3" defensive midfielder. 8m for a 24 year old french international sounds good business.

Should see moves on Huddlestone, Parker and possibly Livermore now.

Nearly done and its still early august! Excellent transfer window. Gareth is back with the squad too

Edited by carmine

Ian, you seem quite a pleasant guy and i've tried to made my point , but EFFECTIVELY your replies were to come out with

something bout bookie's, which annoyed someone, bottom ine CRAP, then something about bernard joining us because

Brazilians couldn't settle in russia !! bottom line CRAP, then something about some press conference u'de imagined,

bottom line again CRAP, it was good to have the link 4 sandro's interview, cos I could choose to ignore or read it. But really Ian, you dont have to regurgitate every piece of Tottenham tittle tattle 4 us on here, to feel your part of the thread!! your welcome, your a tottenham fan that's enuf,and your OPINIONS are welcome, just stop subjecting us to all this totally speculative bullshit it's irritating, all to often its wrong and besides that everybody on here knows where to access it IF THEY WANT TO .Posted Image

Are you having a Larf. No? Seriously rijit me old china you hissed me off last night big time, you cantankerous patronising little tyke you. Good job!

In the interests of thread cordiality, and respect to the other more amenable posters in here I am drawing a line under this nonsensical bickering. It is an open forum and your interpretation of CRAP could well be of interest to others, so I will carry on and just ignore you in future whenever you feel the need for diatribe.

We are indeed spurs fans together; there are plenty of caustic ignorant shites elsewhere on TV.....If I ever feel the need for a sparring partner (which happens rarely) I'll go and find one of them in another thread if its all the same to you.

I am passionate about our team and crave for news and discussion with Thai based fans.... hence Thai Visa, and, a bit of light hearted banter and a good crack at out adversaries is just plain normal! Best wishes and warmest regards.

• Like 1

Ian, you seem quite a pleasant guy and i've tried to made my point , but EFFECTIVELY your replies were to come out with

something bout bookie's, which annoyed someone, bottom ine CRAP, then something about bernard joining us because

Brazilians couldn't settle in russia !! bottom line CRAP, then something about some press conference u'de imagined,

bottom line again CRAP, it was good to have the link 4 sandro's interview, cos I could choose to ignore or read it. But really Ian, you dont have to regurgitate every piece of Tottenham tittle tattle 4 us on here, to feel your part of the thread!! your welcome, your a tottenham fan that's enuf,and your OPINIONS are welcome, just stop subjecting us to all this totally speculative bullshit it's irritating, all to often its wrong and besides that everybody on here knows where to access it IF THEY WANT TO .thumbsup.gif

Are you having a Larf. No? Seriously rijit me old china you hissed me off last night big time, you cantankerous patronising little tyke you. Good job!

In the interests of thread cordiality, and respect to the other more amenable posters in here I am drawing a line under this nonsensical bickering. It is an open forum and your interpretation of CRAP could well be of interest to others, so I will carry on and just ignore you in future whenever you feel the need for diatribe.

We are indeed spurs fans together; there are plenty of caustic ignorant shites elsewhere on TV.....If I ever feel the need for a sparring partner (which happens rarely) I'll go and find one of them in another thread if its all the same to you.

I am passionate about our team and crave for news and discussion with Thai based fans.... hence Thai Visa, and, a bit of light hearted banter and a good crack at out adversaries is just plain normal! Best wishes and warmest regards.

Looks like one more signing. Obviously a center back. Regards the left back situation it looks like were running Rose and BAE which is fine. Any transfer news on Benny seems to have gone so i'll presume we'll start with Rose but those two make for good competition in the position.

So, Toby or Vlad?smile.png I'm also very happy about the continued Erik Lamela transfer talk but i don't think we should go OTT in our expectations. We've done very well already

About time we got back to some serious Spurs stuff me thinks thumbsup.gif anyway i'm a bit concerned about the centre half situation, can't really see us buying an experienced centre half before the season starts, so who the fark plays in the first game ? Ok avb didn't want Caulker for the long term but short term surely he would have been better than nothing.

Also his ideas of having a ball playing more mobile centre halfs worry me, ok looks all nice but sometimes you need an old fashioned type to counteract some teams such as Stoke, Everton etc, unless he plans to bring in Dawson for them sort of teams !

Re rumours about the french fella coming :

Fark me, how many defensive midfielders do we need ? especially when we are need in of other players, creative mid, left back, centre half facepalm.giflets just hope he is going to be a squad player and not a desinated centre half as i don't go with this jack of all trades master of none sort of player especially where centre halfs are concerned !

yeah agreed with naughton and and verity being able to play lb weve got unbelievable cover their. Interesting that our latest supposed target was cardiffs 1st choice b4 they turned to caulker . tbh even if we go into the season a cb short. which would be unfortunate and far from ideal , could it not be argued that the manager is far better equipped for the first couple of games than for the previous 2 ? seasons.

yeah agreed with naughton and and verity being able to play lb weve got unbelievable cover their. Interesting that our latest supposed target was cardiffs 1st choice b4 they turned to caulker . tbh even if we go into the season a cb short. which would be unfortunate and far from ideal , could it not be argued that the manager is far better equipped for the first couple of games than for the previous 2 ? seasons.

I'm not so sure rij, usually it's centre forwards we're short of, now it's centre halfs sad.png another thing is that so far in our pre season freindlies we've probaly only had 4 of our first eleven on the pitch at any one time, not ideal preparation if you ask me rolleyes.gif

About time we got back to some serious Spurs stuff me thinks thumbsup.gif anyway i'm a bit concerned about the centre half situation, can't really see us buying an experienced centre half before the season starts, so who the fark plays in the first game ? Ok avb didn't want Caulker for the long term but short term surely he would have been better than nothing.

Also his ideas of having a ball playing more mobile centre halfs worry me, ok looks all nice but sometimes you need an old fashioned type to counteract some teams such as Stoke, Everton etc, unless he plans to bring in Dawson for them sort of teams !

Fark me, how many defensive midfielders do we need ? especially when we are need in of other players, creative mid, left back, centre half facepalm.giflets just hope he is going to be a squad player and not a desinated centre half as i don't go with this jack of all trades master of none sort of player especially where centre halfs are concerned !

I think this guys arrival triggers the transfers of Parker and Huddleston and i wouldn't be surprised at Livermore going out on loan. Needs to earn his Spurs does Jake.

On the creative side this is the season where Carrol will either step up to the next level or not.

The priority must be a center back. Its certainly not a crisis but we are light when you take into account whats going to be a long season.

Not ideal IMO, but a traditional 'old school' Tottenham signing, a midfielder that can , and no doubt will, play at the bac.

Looks like he's a Baldini signing mate. I don't know much about him either but his stats are very good. Scores goals too. 6'3" defensive midfielder. 8m for a 24 year old french international sounds good business.

Should see moves on Huddlestone, Parker and possibly Livermore now.

Nearly done and its still early august! Excellent transfer window. Gareth is back with the squad too

Agreed Carms. Been looking at him this morning. Know very little about him.

He looks big and strong on the various YouTube links but that doesn't show whole games of course.

He has 6 international caps scoring his first goal for France v Belarus last September at the Stadt de France. Can view it here:

Wearing 20. He was playing midfield that day. FF to 1 minute.

He's right footed and had 34 appearances in Ligue 1 last season, of which 6 were at centre back. He scored 8 goals in all competitions (right foot, left foot and headers).

The Toulouse president is quoted as saying both Arsenal and Spurs made offers for Capoue in the last January window, but these were rejected. Good we beat the gooners to him (if indeed the reports are true).

Not sure yet if he is the answer to our CB difficulties, but his interchangeability CB/MF is a good longer term dimension providing cover for both. And as you say we should not ignore the fact that he is a useful member of the French squad. Still think we need another CB on the books. Hopefully we can sign one more. Bucharest has gone quiet again; they did win their qualifier though.

I think this guys arrival triggers the transfers of Parker and Huddleston and i wouldn't be surprised at Livermore going out on loan. Needs to earn his Spurs does Jake.

On the creative side this is the season where Carrol will either step up to the next level or not.

The priority must be a center back. Its certainly not a crisis but we are light when you take into account whats going to be a long season.

We have Carroll and Holtby carms but neither of them are International level yet !

I'm not so sure rij, usually it's centre forwards we're short of, now it's centre halfs sad.png another thing is that so far in our pre season freindlies we've probaly only had 4 of our first eleven on the pitch at any one time, not ideal preparation if you ask me rolleyes.gif

yeah agreed not ideal alfie .but i get the feel this pre season was as much about putting our surplus in the shop window and giving them time bearing in mind some of them didn't get much last season ,then getting vb preffered 11 on the park , of which hopefully we'll get more of an idea of v Seville at the lane this weekend . alfie what i mean being better of is that approaching the opening weekend vb has his preffered 11 more or less ,in place .that ain't happened 4 ? seasons .

yeah agreed not ideal alfie .but i get the feel this pre season was as much about putting our surplus in the shop window and giving them time bearing in mind some of them didn't get much last season ,then getting vb preffered 11 on the park , of which hopefully we'll get more of an idea of v Seville at the lane this weekend . alfie what i mean being better of is that approaching the opening weekend vb has his preffered 11 more or less ,in place .that ain't happened 4 ? seasons .

But he doesn't though ! the 2 main centre halfs are not fit and centre half is probaly the most important position on the pitch, Sandro and Paulinho are not going to be match fit so a mess if you ask me !

I think the truer indication of of injury situate/who's playing against Palace will be seen from his selection next weekend, but its not looking good. Newly promoted side, first home game against Spurs.......

We can take it that Vertinghen is not playing. Kaboul almost certainly out, so unless we buy a center back christ knows who's playing.

Whats happening with Sandro? Atleast we have Capoue to play which won't interfere with negotiations over Parker and Livermore.

Frankly the situation we have landed ourselves in at center back is looking like a schoolboy error. I still wonder whether we thought the deal for Vlad was done and dusted

I think the truer indication of of injury situate/who's playing against Palace will be seen from his selection next weekend, but its not looking good. Newly promoted side, first home game against Spurs.......

We can take it that Vertinghen is not playing. Kaboul almost certainly out, so unless we buy a center back christ knows who's playing.

Whats happening with Sandro? Atleast we have Capoue to play which won't interfere with negotiations over Parker and Livermore.

Frankly the situation we have landed ourselves in at center back is looking like a schoolboy error. I still wonder whether we thought the deal for Vlad was done and dusted

I read somewhere that are expecting Sandro to play 30mins this week and that Kaboul was behind him in fitness.At least they are both training with the first team squad.

563015_10151624123458505_1506747504_n.jp

• Like 1

Agreed, Ian Holloway is gonna have em all fired up for sure. But Zaha, who in all fairness was instrumental in their elevation, has flown north, so there is a significant gap in their attack for sure, at least at the time of writing. Daws and (dare I quote) Capoue should have the measure of them, along with Walker and Rose. We have a solid and (at first glance on paper at least) a formidable 3 in the middle. And the 2 new boys + (I hope Gareth) leading the attack should provide a few concrete chances. So not all doom and gloom for Selhurst Park, especially as the Eagles are evidently looking to bolster with a failed gooner in Chamakh (8 goals in 40 appearances).

I concede we do need to get our house well in order for the Swansea game though...... I rate them highly this season and believe they will surprise a lot of the top clubs!

Agreed, Ian Holloway is gonna have em all fired up for sure. But Zaha, who in all fairness was instrumental in their elevation, has flown north, so there is a significant gap in their attack for sure, at least at the time of writing. Daws and (dare I quote) Capoue should have the measure of them, along with Walker and Rose. We have a solid and (at first glance on paper at least) a formidable 3 in the middle. And the 2 new boys + (I hope Gareth) leading the attack should provide a few concrete chances. So not all doom and gloom for Selhurst Park, especially as the Eagles are evidently looking to bolster with a failed gooner in Chamakh (8 goals in 40 appearances).

I concede we do need to get our house well in order for the Swansea game though...... I rate them highly this season and believe they will surprise a lot of the top clubs!

We now have two quality center backs and parker has yet to leave. The only problem i see is our self inflicted center back problem which sticks out like a sore thumb because we don't really have another weakness as long as Dembeles fit.

I expect us to sign Vlad very soon. Fingers crossed on that one.

• Like 1

alfie what i meant was. in refence to our transfer business for once the bulks seemingly done,and 4 once were not waiting on levys last day shenanigans and tbh for the.coach that has to be a plus.