Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hi Carms...to expand. Bale to RM = Ozil to the Arse. Holtby to Shalke = Draxler to the Arse. Clearer now?

Looks like Levy has upped his game....or the DM are stalking me!55555

"Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to veto Lewis Holtby's move to Schalke - because he doesn't want to help Arsenal land Julian Draxler by providing the Germans with the midfielder's replacement.

Full story: Daily Mirror"

You really must stop reading the Beano laugh.png

Better still, please refrain from putting quotes from papers which i'm sure we all find very boring, this is a thread for opinion and constructive posts and we don't come on here to read the newspapers.

To be fair, if we all posted quotes from every news source about Spurs or any other club for that matter then it would all get very tedious sad.png

BBC actually Alfie 55555

"Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to veto Lewis Holtby's move to Schalke - because he doesn't want to help Arsenal land Julian Draxler by providing the Germans with the midfielder's replacement.

Full story: Daily Mirror"

It doesn't really matter who it is, it's just so boring sad.png

^ As is posting under alter egos! But I will desist as I would hate to see you flounce off again 55555

In any event..... (IMO Spurs should keep Holtby for rest of the season to avoid strengthening Arse this window. If Shalke don't get him back, I cant see them letting Draxler go until the Summer.)....was an opinion posted well before the newshounds printed the story about Levy. That is allowed by your rules isn't it?

Have a bun and a coffee and cheer up.

Edited by wilai

Have to agree with Ups, Lamela is too lightweight for the Premier league and Soldado is a dud. We should offload both along with insignificant Chadli. Yes I was upbeat about their signings in the Summer, but, enough is enough. Carms talk of giving them time has expired in my view. Need to change now and cut our losses and move forwards. Let's pray DL really is going to support Tim with some money to once and for all get a star striker who can hack the PL

Have to agree with Ups, Lamela is too lightweight for the Premier league and Soldado is a dud. We should offload both along with insignificant Chadli. Yes I was upbeat about their signings in the Summer, but, enough is enough. Carms talk of giving them time has expired in my view. Need to change now and cut our losses and move forwards. Let's pray DL really is going to support Tim with some money to once and for all get a star striker who can hack the PL

Unlike you then, who has or seems to have, given up on the prediction league ??? coffee1.gif

You must learn Patience and Stability biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

Unlike you then, who has or seems to have, given up on the prediction league ??? coffee1.gif

You must learn Patience and Stability biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Yup, no League for us this year. Maybe next. Thanks for the reminder BT !

What a predictable contrast in tone from all that traditional early season enthusiasm.

thumbsup.gif

What a predictable contrast in tone from all that traditional early season enthusiasm.

thumbsup.gif

Kind of identical to you lot then isn't it jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

thumbsup.gif

No. We can always look forward to Champions League football.

giggle.gif

thumbsup.gif

No. We can always look forward to Champions League football.

giggle.gif

but what a waste of a place you are. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Welcome back Ian "I'm not going down with the ship" cnx :)

• Like 1

but what a waste of a place you are. rolleyes.gif

Now now carmine, don't let your jealousy get the best of you. Our repeated visits to the group stages and beyond are what created that magnificent stadium which casts such a long metaphorical shadow over your poxy little pub ground/supermarket.

biggrin.png

the press are gutted that there's been so little movement in this transfer window so far. harry redknapp hasn't been on sky sports even once leaning out of his car window and proclaiming that so and so is a triffic player but we're not really looking at him and it's not my place to talk about another manager's players even though he is a triffic little player.

Have to laugh at the rubbish the papers are printing, "this player's not happy" "so and so want's to move" "this players coming" "signing a forward" the most i can see happening is one going and perhaps one coming and i doubt even that !!!!!

No one is selling cheap....or even sensible prices.

Looks like we'll be playing one up front after Feb.

Did Baldini make the trip to Turin, or is the Quagliarella story just BS? Anyone seen Kalou in London? Praying for a striker who can actually score a goal soon.

For me, neither Quagliarella or Kalou are prolific goal scorers to excite me enough.

I think getting Berbatov on a 6 month deal would probably serve the team better, but i

don't think he would want a short term deal at his age.

Did Baldini make the trip to Turin, or is the Quagliarella story just BS? Anyone seen Kalou in London? Praying for a striker who can actually score a goal soon.

For me, neither Quagliarella or Kalou are prolific goal scorers to excite me enough.

I think getting Berbatov on a 6 month deal would probably serve the team better, but i

Not quite the player you would have had in mind at the start of the season.

Would Fulham let him go anyway, they are near the drop zone.

Forget the above, just read;

The Bulgarian forward has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal this month as Arsene Wenger seeks back-up to his first choice forward Olivier Giroud.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-fulham-reveal-they-have-not-been-contacted-by-arsenal-about-dimitar-berbatov-9064684.html

Edited by uptheos

I totally agree; neither will set the world alight, but they are seemingly available. We can no longer afford to believe the 'Soldado or Lamela will come good' optomists, half the season is over and we have been patient enough. We need someone from somewhere that can find the back of the net NOW; some one preferably with a proven EPL record, and who can play alongside Adebayor if only until the end of the season.

• Like 1

I totally agree; neither will set the world alight, but they are seemingly available. We can no longer afford to believe the 'Soldado or Lamela will come good' optomists, half the season is over and we have been patient enough. We need someone from somewhere that can find the back of the net NOW; some one preferably with a proven EPL record, and who can play alongside Adebayor if only until the end of the season.

Many reports are stating that Kalou is in talks to a possible move to Spurs,

i would certainly choose him over Quagliarella being that he's had 6 seasons in the EPL

with the chavs and has more chance of making an impact on the team.

On another note, Sherwood has indicated that Holtby & Capoue could be sold this window,

and Tom Caroll could return from loan at QPR.