Tottenham Thread

chonabot

No surprise to see that Carms is the first to put his head over the parapet!!! (Don't ever join the army mate)! Like I said, I havent seen it yet but is it true TS went without a DM (or is that Bentaleb's job)? If he did then that was suicide against Yaya etc!

No surprise to see that Carms is the first to put his head over the parapet!!! (Don't ever join the army mate)! Like I said, I havent seen it yet but is it true TS went without a DM (or is that Bentaleb's job)? If he did then that was suicide against Yaya etc!

Iancnx was first Carmine was 2nd ,Alfieconn will be the dunce to take the third light & get his face shot off again!

• Like 2

As you were boys....Draxler out for 3 months (info via Daily Fail tho')

Not as we were as Holtby will be going !

Not according to his chick Alfie...they have just moved into a new pad next to Tower Bridge. Very nice it (and she) is as well.wink.png

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/29/lewis-holtby-wants-to-leave-tottenham-confirms-agent-4282333/

Hope the chick keeps the flat though as I am in London next weekwhistling.gif Better not move to bloody Fulham though, that may complicate thingsbah.gif

This was a simple case of a good team well beaten by a very, very good team. No shame there.

One thing to get beaten. Another thing to get thrashed. Something wrong if a thrashing brings no shame at all.

With all due respect Rix, thats a rubbish statement.

Don't understand what you are getting at regards the first part of your post. I simply gave an honest appraisal of things as i see it. We try to keep it real on here but it seems you lot don't like our honesty. Surely thats better than listening to the delusional Brendon Rodgers talking about winning the title!!facepalm.giflaugh.png

I agree with the second part i see Bentaleb as more of a central midfield and we needed an out and out DM.

Weather forecasts showing -1 in north London tonight.

Very droll. Waiting to watch the replay of the Rose sending off. Game changing decision. City are a class act no matter which way you slice it up.

Aww!You said it ,city are class & the result probably wudda been worse if Rose had not been given what he deserved.

Now that really is a daft comment. Rose had a good first half and kept his discipline well for a change. I watched the match and at the time I thought NO WAY a pen. Waiting for the re-run which I will record and dissect!

[quote name="carmine" post="7367341" timestamp="

I've no particular complaint about Sherwood, although i do question starting with the inexperienced Bentaleb over more experienced players in such a game.

Not sure I agree with Carms purely from the point of view of who was fit; that being Capoue as the only other option evidently. Benteleb has been superb, was match fit, and deserved his chance IMO.

Tonight's subs: Friedel, Naughton, Capoue, Chadli, Holtby, Defoe, Soldado #COYS

I'll come back to you on the pen if I may.

This was a simple case of a good team well beaten by a very, very good team. No shame there.

One thing to get beaten. Another thing to get thrashed. Something wrong if a thrashing brings no shame at all.

+1. We are taking it on the chin here and attempting to be humble. There is NO shame at being beaten by a much better team. We could have parked the bus at 0-1 and still lost three points. GDiff is irrelevant.

Don't understand what you are getting at regards the first part of your post. I simply gave an honest appraisal of things as i see it. We try to keep it real on here but it seems you lot don't like our honesty. Surely thats better than listening to the delusional Brendon Rodgers talking about winning the title!!facepalm.giflaugh.png

I agree with the second part i see Bentaleb as more of a central midfield and we needed an out and out DM.

was actually complementing you matesad.png . Hope Alfies paranoia isn't getting contagious down at WHLbiggrin.png

Oh....and it is Brendan by the waywink.png

Edited by wilai

was actually complementing you matesad.png . Hope Alfies paranoia isn't getting contagious down at WHLbiggrin.png

Oh....and it is Brendan by the waywink.png

Heartfelt apologies for my misunderstanding and the misspelling of your managers namebiggrin.png

• Like 1

So taking the positive from the game.....at least we don't have to play this year's league winners again this season.

Nothing more to add other than Bentaleb over Capoue in this fixture is brave.......!

Capoue is an out and out DM and Bentaleb looks to me more of a natural central midfield. You play City and you have to deal with Yaya Toure. I just feel Capoue should have started but lets face it, City would have probably beaten anyone in the league last night, and they will win the league regardless because they are the best team by a distance.

• Like 1

+1. We are taking it on the chin here and attempting to be humble. There is NO shame at being beaten by a much better team. We could have parked the bus at 0-1 and still lost three points. GDiff is irrelevant.
Goal difference cost us a title a couple of years ago. Doesn't get much more relevant than that does it.

For you, could quite easily be the difference between finishing fourth and finishing fifth. Who knows. One thing i do know is, losing by a one goal margin IS better than losing by a four, five, or six goal margin. Not only about goal difference, but about team morale. Getting thrashed affects players confidence, and can lead to more losses. You guys might not feel any shame, but i bet the players are this morning.

And if you really need to park the bus, bloody well park it. At least that way, if you are one nil down in the last five minutes, you have a chance of nicking a point. What chance do you have of nicking a point when you are down by a cricket scoreline in the last five minutes? Zero.

Edited by rixalex

Just out of the sack lads so sorry for the delay, the flipfloppers should know that i always post after a defeat unlike some of them, anyway not much to say that hasn't already been said, be interesting to see the pen again, didn't understand starting with Sig as i thought Chadli played ok against Swansea but seems Sherwood likes Sig which shows as he started him in his first game.

Once we get our 4 best players back i expect us to go on a run to the end of the season so should be interesting !!!!

Footnote : Apparently Pandevs just been seen at Seven Sisters tube station with Daniel and his aunt rolleyes.gif

So taking the positive from the game.....at least we don't have to play this year's league winners again this season.

Nothing more to add other than Bentaleb over Capoue in this fixture is brave.......!

Capoue is an out and out DM and Bentaleb looks to me more of a natural central midfield. You play City and you have to deal with Yaya Toure. I just feel Capoue should have started but lets face it, City would have probably beaten anyone in the league last night, and they will win the league regardless because they are the best team by a distance.

Yup, can't disagree with that at all.

Putting 11 goals in two games past another 'top' PL team, will certainly help their cause.

Good teams don't have 5+ goals consistently put past them, particularly at home

Did you see the game Bob?

i did, but only gave my full attention in the first half The first half was a frightening display of a good team away i thought. Fair enough you had a man sent off and i guess that is a fair excuse for shipping goals, but still 5 goals is 5 goals…..again.

Not according to his chick Alfie...they have just moved into a new pad next to Tower Bridge. Very nice it (and she) is as well.wink.png

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/29/lewis-holtby-wants-to-leave-tottenham-confirms-agent-4282333/

Hope the chick keeps the flat though as I am in London next weekwhistling.gif Better not move to bloody Fulham though, that may complicate thingsbah.gif

I had a pad next to Tower Bridge when I was working*. Never got a chick like that though. Come to think of it never got a chick at all in London which is probably why I'm here in Thailand in a farming village now!

* The nice touch is that they come with Bermondsey postal addresses

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Just seen the penalty foul. For me, no penalty. Vid below.

https://vine.co/v/MuVxtIVtJWE

Correct NOT a penalty, and the ref didn't give it, he signalled for a corner,

but the linesman gave it.

The score at the time was only 0-1 but after that decision 0-2 and down to 10 men,

hence the thrashing that followed.

Also bear in mind that Dawson had a goal disallowed before half time for offside that

was also said to be the WRONG decision by the linesman. which would have made it 1-1

at half time.

Yaya Toure should have had a second yellow soon after he got his first yellow in the first half

but the ref bottled it.

Could have been a much different game if it weren't for the bad calls made by the officials

that's why as a Tottenham fan i'm not in the slightest bit ashamed to have lost this game 1-5.

We were beaten by a good Man City side and 3 bad decisions by the ref and linesmen.

Unlike the previous heavy losses against Liverpool and Man City earlier in the season where

we were shamefully dreadful.

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 2

Correct NOT a penalty, and the ref didn't give it, he signalled for a corner,

but the linesman gave it.

The score at the time was only 0-1 but after that decision 0-2 and down to 10 men,

hence the thrashing that followed.

Also bear in mind that Dawson had a goal disallowed before half time for offside that

was also said to be the WRONG decision by the linesman. which would have made it 1-1

at half time.

Yaya Toure should have had a second yellow soon after he got his first yellow in the first half

but the ref bottled it.

Could have been a much different game if it weren't for the bad calls made by the officials

that's why as a Tottenham fan i'm not in the slightest bit ashamed to have lost this game 1-5.

We were beaten by a good Man City side and 3 bad decisions by the ref and linesmen.

Unlike the previous heavy losses against Liverpool and Man City earlier in the season where

we were shamefully dreadful.

Please. Both Adebayor and Dawson were offside and Adebayor with clear interference.

I had a pad next to Tower Bridge when I was working*. Never got a chick like that though. Come to think of it never got a chick at all in London which is probably why I'm here in Thailand in a farming village now!

* The nice touch is that they come with Bermondsey postal addresses

I lived on Long Lane in the Borough for a few years when it was good....plenty of shootings and how's her father.

Now its full of yuppies....bleeeeh

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I have had a chance to watch the Replay and analyse a few things for myself. First of all the criticism of Bentaleb starting instead of Capoue is in my view unfounded and actually quite absurd. I understand Carms and Alfie and Smokes your opinion here is based on the players raw experience, but if you look at the rerun and watch very closely, Dembele first half and in the second half Capoue you would not be so critical I think. Silva ran rings around Dembele for much of the first half; a class act and a real handful. Capoue comes on in the second half and almost instantly goes in for Silva @46th minute. Capoue was fortunate not to get a straight red for the challenge.

Minutes later Silva is on the ball again running left to right and Capoue (either ball watching, knackered or just scared) tries a half hearted schoolboy challenge which Silva shrugs off and threads the ball through to Dzejo. This is the pass that puts Dzejo on goal and Danny Rose superbly tackles, takes the ball, does NOT touch Dzejo at all and puts it out for a corner. Result penalty and we go 0-2 cause the referee really is a Wazker. So you see Capoue was complicit in this key turning point of the game..... The rest of course is conjecture!

For sure Sandro and Paulinho sorely missed but they weren't fit. Again I stress Benteleb was match fit. Not first choice, but neither should be Capoue on his showing. He might have scored but that was simply right place right time.