Tottenham Thread

chonabot

quick comment on the game last night.

We were complete and utter rubbish. We have a coach that doesn't seem to grasp that Eriksen is the most creative spark we have so he deems it correct to push Eriksen out wide on the left and play the young inexperienced Harry Kane behind Adebayor. Apart from that what can you say about a team that was out fought, thats looks demoralized and has seemingly lost the ability to pass to each other.

No disrespect to Kane but its just garbage tactics from a manager thats criticised his squad in public, is clearly out of his depth at this level and lost the dressing room. He needs to drop a level and learn his trade for three or four years.

I could be talking about David Moyes but i'm not! Spurs have gone as far backwards this season as Liverpool have gone forwards. Obviously Sherwood will not last very long past the seasons end and the under pressure Daniel Levy really needs to make the correct appointment

What you need is STABILITY, STABILITY OLD chap !!!thumbsup.gif

BT biggrin.png

Yet still no comment about the most expensive flop of the season!! I would have thought you would have lots to say about a player that cost 29m more than Soldado and 12m more than Lamela and 30m more than Eriksen!! Your silence on any poor performing EPL recruits that don't play for Spurs is quite deafeninglaugh.png

Are you waiting for him to play well so you can give me your comments? Thats not likely to happen for at least six months. Even Chicoq seems to have forgotten Ozil is an Arse playerxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngbiggrin.png

So come on Ups, time to furnish us with your innermost thoughts on no performing non Spurs playerslaugh.png

I don't quite get what your point is. I would much rather Ozil were playing on Sunday than missing.

The question is, can you say the same about Lamela or Soldado? (I quite like young Eriksen, he was a bargain, I'm sure he's going to earn his transfer to a big club <heh>).

Let's put it this way:

Ozil - 4 goals 8 assists

Soldaduddo - 6 goals 3 assists

Lamentabla - 0 goal 3 assists

(Eriksen - 3 goals 3 assists)

Quod erat demonstrandum.

biggrin.png

Do I think Ozil can do better? Yes. Do I think he will? Yes.

Basically they're all crap

Yet still no comment about the most expensive flop of the season!! I would have thought you would have lots to say about a player that cost 29m more than Soldado and 12m more than Lamela and 30m more than Eriksen!! Your silence on any poor performing EPL recruits that don't play for Spurs is quite deafeninglaugh.png

Are you waiting for him to play well so you can give me your comments? Thats not likely to happen for at least six months. Even Chicoq seems to have forgotten Ozil is an Arse playerxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngbiggrin.png

So come on Ups, time to furnish us with your innermost thoughts on no performing non Spurs playerslaugh.png

I don't quite get what your point is. I would much rather Ozil were playing on Sunday than missing.

The question is, can you say the same about Lamela or Soldado? (I quite like young Eriksen, he was a bargain, I'm sure he's going to earn his transfer to a big club <heh>).

Let's put it this way:

Ozil - 4 goals 8 assists

Quod erat demonstrandum.

biggrin.png

Certainly I disagree there on Erksen....Soldado has been poor certainly and we haven't seen enough of Lamela to make that judgement.

Who is this Ozil guy?? laugh.png

Carmine

I find it very strange how you get well beaten at home by Benfica and your first post at 7am, is directed at me about Ozil?

Something's not right mate, probably you're lacking sleep or Ozil is keeping you awake.

Does this result mean we'll be seeing Spurs play on Saturday again?

Well actually i did say i'd be posting about our shambolic performance later..... but baring in mind we had a dire night and you came out again with a load of old cods i thought i'd do you the honor of addressing you first rather than rant about Sherwood.

Anyway, still nothing to say about Ozil? If you're waiting for him to play well it could take a while....or is it that you feel Spurs were the only team to buy poor players, an opinion which i disagree with.

As i tried to explain before, good players like Ozil and Soldado don't just become poor players, they lose form. Arsenal and Spurs just have to hope our mutually out of form players regain that form that had them valued so highly from their past performances.

Oh, I get it you were responding to my last response to your last insightful post, which is below,

Well quite. Unfortunately it seems this Sky Sport generation of football has some kind of modus operandi to make the ref very much a high profile part of the "show"

Its almost as if Webb and Clattenburg were hand picked for their love of the camera.

btw Ups, Ozil's done his hamstring...its just going from bad to worse!biggrin.png

I said in response, mostly joking, "Guess he now has time to hit the books with your crock".wink.png

That little line has been playing on your mind and keeping you awake, how sad.sad.png

But anyway I did say in a post several days ago that I was disappointed with Ozil and wondered if he was starting to become petulant, which basically OK'd him to leave real Madrid. If you want to search UP2U, but I can't be bothered it's not as important to me as it is to you.

I'm more concerned that all season I have been denied watching a superstar and instead a few plonkers who supposed to replace him, 110 million and look what you have? I quote a certain person; "we're so lucky to have Baldini otherwise we might not have been able to attract these players" or something like that.

Yep, I reckon the other teams up there also feel lucky you got Baldini. biggrin.png Maybe Arsenal did overspend on Ozil, but they still spent less than half of what Spurs spent and they will be in the CL next year. All the GB money + has been totally wasted. Spurs aren't even guaranteed a place in Europa now and if they do happen to make it, I hope they decline and let one of the other small clubs take their place, so I can watch them play some Saturday fixtures for a change.

Ridiculous post.

btw, the reason you were "denied" watching a superstar is because he went on strike, refusing to even talk of a new contract and said he would not play for us again. Sorry about that!

To say that all the Gareth Bale money was wasted is just a stupid comment that isn't really worthy of comment but i'll indulge you nonetheless!

Eriksen at 21 yo for 12m was an absolute snip in todays market as was Capoue for 9m. The frenchman been plagued by a particular nasty injury but when he's played he's been very good. Chadli's another youngster and a full international and whilst not setting the world on fire are you seriously coming on here and saying that 37m on those three was wasted?!!

Paulinho was ann absolute coup in the market. He's another youngster, apparently seen as the second best player in the Brazillian league behind Neymar. Not a great season but he's adjusting to a very different league. Money waster....absolute crap again.

Lamela has be injured all season. Any judgement call on him is too ridiculous notion to discuss so why not judge the lad when he's had a run of games?

Chiriches was 9m and bought in as a squad player and as such he's absolutely fine.

Soldado....well we know he's been a great disappointment, but thank heavens he only cost 13m+add ons and at least he's scored some goals. Funny thing is we did lack a penalty taker but granted you would not buy a striker for that one attribute.

What i would say about Soldado is perhaps with his successful record in La Liga perhaps you might grant him similar time to adjust and get his form back as you seem to be prepared to offer Ozil, rather then stupid sweeping statements simply writing him off.

Perhaps you are now more aware of money that clearly was not wasted and would look at a squad of players clearly in need of a proper coach and not a stand in PE teacher

Let's put it this way:

Ozil - 4 goals 8 assists

Quod erat demonstrandum.

biggrin.png

yep thats tremendous return on 42m. You must be chuffed to bits.laugh.png

He's the new Veron.

Thanks for highlighting the fact that as poor as Soldado has been, for a modest 29m less than the Deutch Pimpernal he's been comparatively bordering on good.

But really, are you asking me to take you seriously by judging Lamela who's been injured nearly all of the season?

I'msure you are hoping Ozil will get better, however all you seemingly been to do is launch him in the first five minutes and he'll stay out of the game

Thanks mate, after yours and Ups's posts i think i'm starting to feel considerably better about our signingsbiggrin.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Thanks for highlighting the fact that as poor as Soldado has been, for a modest 29m less than the Deutch Pimpernal he's been comparatively bordering on good.

Seems not only is your maths somewhat wanting, but you seem to forget that Soldaduddo was bought as a striker.

smile.png

Let's put it this way:

Ozil - 4 goals 8 assists

Quod erat demonstrandum.

biggrin.png

Certainly I disagree there on Erksen....Soldado has been poor certainly and we haven't seen enough of Lamela to make that judgement.

Who is this Ozil guy?? laugh.png

I should have elaborated…terrible post I meant collectively for the money that is a crap return.

I think Eriksen has been the most enjoyable to watch and could have a belting second season. i think what makes Worzil a worse signing than Soldado is it is looks like his commitment and heart that is letting him down.

Edited by BangrakBob

Seems not only is your maths somewhat wanting, but you seem to forget that Soldaduddo was bought as a striker.

smile.png

42m minus 13m still works out the same to me and quite clearly you have not read your own post because as far as the stats are concerned Soldado's doing fine compared to the Pimpernel.wink.png

We will see if he makes any impact next season but i would imaging a big defensive mid just clatter him at the start of the game and poor old Ozil will become a passenger as per this season. I'm sure he'd do very well again back in La Liga though.

Why do you keep comparing Soldadud to Ozil?

Soldadud is absolute rubbish and plays for the Spurs.

Erik the Lame one lives somewhere, studies English and British culture but plays for no-one, my guess he's been frightened off the PL.

They will both be gone next year

Bloody Sunday football again.....probably.

Looks like Dembele will struggle to be fit for the derby. Paulinho will get my nod in his absence.

My team for the derby;

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Paulinho Sandro

Lennon Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

I doubt he'll play this seeing as he seems intent on playing players out of position. Obviously TS will pick Bentaleb!!I would have preferred Capoue in for Sandro but he's crocked and i just hope he demands a little more control out of the Brazillian.

Not particularily hopeful of anything from this but we had better see a lot more balls than we've seen from this lot in recent times

Erik the Lame one lives somewhere, studies English and British culture but plays for no-one, my guess he's been frightened off the PL.

More silly ill thought out rubbish from Ups....change the record mate, you're showing your lack of football knowledge.

coffee1.gif

More silly ill thought out rubbish from Ups....change the record mate, you're showing your lack of football knowledge.

coffee1.gif

No mate, you're in denial.

Should have bought Willian. biggrin.png

If the above was silly thought out rubbish, then I assume you disagree and think Soldadud is class and Erik the lame will be there next year?

Edited by uptheos

coffee1.gif

If the above was silly thought out rubbish, then I assume you disagree and think Soldadud is class and Erik the lame will be there next year?

YAWN...........

coffee1.gif

YAWN...........

I agree, you're a real boring fart. I was quite happy leaving everything until you couldn't sleep after the thrashing by Benfica and posted to me instead of talking about the Spur game.

Geez, this week is difficult enough dealing with one on a monthly.....two is too much.

Edited by uptheos

42m minus 13m still works out the same to me and quite clearly you have not read your own post because as far as the stats are concerned Soldado's doing fine compared to the Pimpernel.wink.png

We will see if he makes any impact next season but i would imaging a big defensive mid just clatter him at the start of the game and poor old Ozil will become a passenger as per this season. I'm sure he'd do very well again back in La Liga though.

Where did you get this 13m from?

Salvo had warned Tottenham last week that they would need to trigger Soldado’s release clause to speak to the striker, with a bid of £26m enough to activate the buy-out clause.

I make it 14m if you're talking sterling.

A healthy 26m for a your transfer record striker who's scored six goals in the league.

Ramsey's scored more than that and he's a midfielder.

thumbsup.gif

I'll ask you again.

I would rather Ozil were playing tomorrow.

Can you say the same about Soldaduddo?

whistling.gif

Edited by Chicog

glad to see all is right with the world as usual on this thread. biggrin.png

some things never change do they ? apart from your managers that is, anyone for Hiddink ? wink.png

shame the same can't be said about that clown of a chairman of yours, but then again that would spoil all the fun, wouldn't it ? tongue.png

Salvo had warned Tottenham last week that they would need to trigger Soldado’s release clause to speak to the striker, with a bid of £26m enough to activate the buy-out clause.

A healthy 26m for a your transfer record striker who's scored six goals in the league.

thumbsup.gif

I'll ask you again.

whistling.gif

Forgetting fees, cos the players have little or no say in that, tbh they are a burden most players could do without, Soldados' now firmly our no 2

striker so, in pecking order similar 2 podolsky

so a more balanced question would be whether you'd like podolsky playing rather than giroud ? ide guess a no would work ,

Maybe a more accurate comparision would be asking whether we'd like paulihinho or ericson playing as much as youd like ozil playing?

4 me, yes would work there.

As much as i thought ozil started well, he's struggling with the physicality of the prem, will he step up?,, maybe, or will he be yet another injury prone

light weight midfielder ? I'm sort of hoping not as the boys undeniably a class footballer but the way its going a yes atm seems 2 be working on

that one

Forgetting the fee's, what they've won and where they come from ect ect I'm beginning to think that either paulino and or Eriksson in the prem will

be offering all round better value than ozil , but time will tell ,,,,,

We seem to be slipping into a debate about 'value for money' of individual players.

That's what owners and directors talk isn't it?

The actual people in the firing line are the managers.

Was the Bale money wisely spent?

If Bale had stayed where would Spurs be now?

Easy with hindsight I know.

But AVB struggled to make the new team gel and Sherwood ain't playing them.

So, something isn't right.

some things never change do they ? apart from your managers that is, anyone for Hiddink ? wink.png

shame the same can't be said about that clown of a chairman of yours, but then again that would spoil all the fun, wouldn't it ? tongue.png

Three points will do me and forget the rest....I aint being drawn on any of it any more until the summer.

Your bunch of clowns have failed yet again to win a trophy tigerfish.....your star signing has been worse than ours.....not much to shout about anywhere tomorrow.....well at your end.

At Spurs we will be getting behind the team....listen and learn. biggrin.png

Three points will do me and forget the rest....I aint being drawn on any of it any more until the summer.

Your bunch of clowns have failed yet again to win a trophy tigerfish.....your star signing has been worse than ours.....not much to shout about anywhere tomorrow.....well at your end.

At Spurs we will be getting behind the team....listen and learn. biggrin.png

you know the bookmakers are running a book on which minute there will be a mass exodus from the home end. tongue.png

thumbsup.gif

I'll ask you again.

whistling.gif

I too would rather Ozil were playing. Ofcourse since Adebayor is far more suited to playing the lone striker role i would select him over Soldado.

Don't get too defensive over Ozil, i'l just highlighting Uptheos rather tedious and purile trolling on our thread with regards our new signings and his reluctance to comment on signings by other sides. But then again i think you know that.

Presumably you'll be blaming thereof as usual if you lose today?laugh.png Its come a bit of a thing with Arsenal hasn't it!!