Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Mrboj is ex SAS jellybean....you better watch it or he'll shove that Malbec where the sum don't shine....

Thanks a lot smokes. I'm in the UK now on covert ops trying to track down a big Ferret smuggling ring and you've just blown my cover.

Plenty of hairy wee animals in the UK in Movember mrboj....I'm sure your cover is safe! :D

what's wrong with vertonghen carmine? bad attitude or something?

Yes its all about attitude with him. It stinks. He always sulking. He's never been the same since Barcelona lodged an interest.

Just to add to that he says he won't sign a new contract so his sell on values reducing too.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Oh dear, and it seems the Boos are the only time your timid fans make any noise.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-leagues-loudest-fans-top-10-noisiest-supporters-ranked-decibel-level-141103122428

I saw that Talksport piece and decided immediately you'd have to be in a fit of desperation to post it!!

I think what you mean is that you saw that and realised it makes your carping about Arsenal fans being quiet look pretty stupid.

So I posted it for you. Aren't I kind?

cheesy.gif

Dont particulary like to say or even think it, but AT THE MOMENT their form is fit for relegation( 2 loss's off it ) and if they were dragged into it could you see them pulling out of it ?with the current squads mentality Think there's more a chance. of us

imploding.

I honestly don't think you will get dragged into the relegation battle, but from what I've seen this season (every game) Spurs are just an 'average' team and will be for some time to come. There are no groups of players who have the ability to turn things around and make this team into anything better. Pochettino has the unenviable task in trying to achieve something with players that two previous managers failed. I don't feel sorry for him as I'm sure he knew that was his mission before he put pen to paper, but the bottom line is that squad just isn't good enough and I fear that's all he will have to work with unless he has a few aces up his sleeve.

Pochettino quoted today in "El Pais" as saying that drinking beer is a national sport in England. Laying the groundwork for an eventual return to Spain ? You have to wonder.coffee1.gif

Any Spurs supporters who think they will be shown any loyalty by Pochettino are going to be sadly disappointed, he is a treacherous little weasel. Last season he kept giving assurances right up to the end of the season in May that, "i will make a decision about my future at the end of the season". Then after a tip off and some investigations by the Southern Evening Echo it emerged that in fact he had agreed to join Tottenham in March. So all the bullcrap assurances about deciding his future at the end of the season were just that, bullcrap. That combined with his clear attempts to destabilise The Saints by trying to recruit their players for Tottenham on the quiet, well before the end of last season and before any transfer season had opened means that any goodwill he may have had for the work he did at St Marys has evaporated. He used Southampton as a stepping stone for what he considered bigger things, and we Saints supporters can be forgiven for finding the current unrest at Tottenham highly amusing. A poster last season, i think it may have been Chicog, wondered out loud whether Pochettino may just be a one season wonder, despite Southampton at the time playing above anyone's expectations. That comment is now looking very perceptive. The problem with Pochettino is that he has no plan B. And certainly loyalty is not part of his vocabulary.

Dont particulary like to say or even think it, but AT THE MOMENT their form is fit for relegation( 2 loss's off it ) and if they were dragged into it could you see them pulling out of it ?with the current squads mentality Think there's more a chance. of us

imploding.

I honestly don't think you will get dragged into the relegation battle, but from what I've seen this season (every game) Spurs are just an 'average' team and will be for some time to come. There are no groups of players who have the ability to turn things around and make this team into anything better. Pochettino has the unenviable task in trying to achieve something with players that two previous managers failed. I don't feel sorry for him as I'm sure he knew that was his mission before he put pen to paper, but the bottom line is that squad just isn't good enough and I fear that's all he will have to work with unless he has a few aces up his sleeve.

Pochettino quoted today in "El Pais" as saying that drinking beer is a national sport in England. Laying the groundwork for an eventual return to Spain ? You have to wonder.coffee1.gif

Any Spurs supporters who think they will be shown any loyalty by Pochettino are going to be sadly disappointed, he is a treacherous little weasel. Last season he kept giving assurances right up to the end of the season in May that, "i will make a decision about my future at the end of the season". Then after a tip off and some investigations by the Southern Evening Echo it emerged that in fact he had agreed to join Tottenham in March. So all the bullcrap assurances about deciding his future at the end of the season were just that, bullcrap. That combined with his clear attempts to destabilise The Saints by trying to recruit their players for Tottenham on the quiet, well before the end of last season and before any transfer season had opened means that any goodwill he may have had for the work he did at St Marys has evaporated. He used Southampton as a stepping stone for what he considered bigger things, and we Saints supporters can be forgiven for finding the current unrest at Tottenham highly amusing. A poster last season, i think it may have been Chicog, wondered out loud whether Pochettino may just be a one season wonder, despite Southampton at the time playing above anyone's expectations. That comment is now looking very perceptive. The problem with Pochettino is that he has no plan B. And certainly loyalty is not part of his vocabulary.

So your saying that we could have problems if Real Madrid come calling biggrin.png

• Like 1

Loyalty and football just don't go together, whereas money does.

Poch will remain as manager until Levy decides on who's next.

When that will be? only Levy knows.

If i had to throw in any contenders, it would have to be Tony Pulis.

It's still early days though, even for Levy's standards.

Edited by sotsira

Spurs need a new manager. Now what was that sequence? Cockney wide boy, promising foreigner, cockney wide boy, promising foreigner..... ah, yes you're due a cockney wide boy. Alan Pardew will be your next manager.

The last thing we need is a new manager. Why don't you sit down and watch one of our games before posting nonsense.

What we need is new players that have a winners mentality. This lot are hopeless journeymen that include some rotten apples such as Adebayor and Vertonghen.

Pochettino was picked as the right man for the job and nothing has changed.

I take your point, but I don't think it's necessarily the case that Tottenham will give Pochettino the push. I'm betting he'll leave of his own accord and scoot off back to Spain. He looks and sounds extremely cheesed off. I've seen more than one of your games, incidentally, and I'm a big fan of Harry Kane; he reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the England squad. He's a better option than Ricky Lambert. Shame you haven't more like him.

Spurs need a new manager. Now what was that sequence? Cockney wide boy, promising foreigner, cockney wide boy, promising foreigner..... ah, yes you're due a cockney wide boy. Alan Pardew will be your next manager.

The last thing we need is a new manager. Why don't you sit down and watch one of our games before posting nonsense.

What we need is new players that have a winners mentality. This lot are hopeless journeymen that include some rotten apples such as Adebayor and Vertonghen.

Pochettino was picked as the right man for the job and nothing has changed.

I take your point, but I don't think it's necessarily the case that Tottenham will give Pochettino the push. I'm betting he'll leave of his own accord and scoot off back to Spain. He looks and sounds extremely cheesed off. I've seen more than one of your games, incidentally, and I'm a big fan of Harry Kane; he reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the England squad. He's a better option than Ricky Lambert. Shame you haven't more like him.

An earnest young man who trys his best. A limited commodity at Spurs at the moment it seems.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I think Danny Rose does that too rather worryingly.

I think Danny Rose would be better used as a left winger instead of a fullback

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

Its crazy that we have to ask this kind of thing.....

Well, all i can say about him, is that he looks better going forward in attack than he does defending.

Maybe Davies should be given more game time at LB with Rose further forward.

This season we are lacking any decent wing play which has become our weakest links on both sides.

Remember the link up play when BAE played LB with Bale in front cos Bale couldn't defend well either, and on the right Walker always linked up well with Lennon.

Poch, needs to start using some of the players that have been left out thus far, like Lennon and Davies, and Walker will get straight back into the side as soon as he's fit.

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

coarse he can cross the ball, he just has trouble defending, and needs a fellow left footed defender next to him in defense to form a partnership

with

And someone asked a bout verity earlier, it aint his attitude thats a problem, the problem he aint a very good central defender,hense his dropping

from his national team in the world cup v good at bringing

the ball from defense into midfield and beyond and a far better left back than rose, but a top draw center back he's not , just like ive been telling all

for the last season and half ish.

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

Well, all i can say about him, is that he looks better going forward in attack than he does defending.

Maybe Davies should be given more game time at LB with Rose further forward.

This season we are lacking any decent wing play which has become our weakest links on both sides.

Remember the link up play when BAE played LB with Bale in front cos Bale couldn't defend well either, and on the right Walker always linked up well with Lennon.

Poch, needs to start using some of the players that have been left out thus far, like Lennon and Davies, and Walker will get straight back into the side as soon as he's fit.

for a start he needs to drop rose and put verity in at left back.

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

coarse he can cross the ball, he just has trouble defending, and needs a fellow left footed defender next to him in defense to form a partnership

with

And someone asked a bout verity earlier, it aint his attitude thats a problem, the problem he aint a very good central defender,hense his dropping

the ball from defense into midfield and beyond and a far better left back than rose, but a top draw center back he's not , just like ive been telling all

Yes and you've been barking up the wrong tree for a season and a half.

Problem with Vertonghen is he doesn't want to play for us and has simply been going through the motions.

He's too highly regarded by professionals in the business to give any credence to your opinion. i would however agree with you that he'd make a better left back than Rose, but then again, who wouldn't?

• Like 1

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

with

No, sorry, his crossing is as bad as his defending he just isn't good enough. Crossing the ball seems to be a lost art these days.

Vertonghen wasn't dropped from cb for Belgium at the world cup, he played left back because he is good at that position, Belgium have a few good cb's but the real left back's are poor.

He is not world class, but with the right attitude he would be better than anyone else we have at cb at the moment.

Kaboul/Vlad/Fazio are all poor, apparently Inter are sniffing round Vlad for some unknown reason and i would bite their hand off for a packet of quavers to be honest.

Isn't Dier a CB? Give him ago Poch, can't do any bleedin worse

• Like 1

Agree with all of that Foxman.

btw, yes Dier is a center back and to be fair the lads done very covering for Walker and the utterly dreadful Naughton. I really don't understand either how Poch let the players choose Kabul as captain. He's just created a rod for his own back because Kaboul can't even command his own place in the team.

quite how anyone would want to buy Vlad is beyond me.

Edited by carmine

cos he can't defend.

Can he cross the ball?

with

No, sorry, his crossing is as bad as his defending he just isn't good enough. Crossing the ball seems to be a lost art these days.

Vertonghen wasn't dropped from cb for Belgium at the world cup, he played left back because he is good at that position, Belgium have a few good cb's but the real left back's are poor.

He is not world class, but with the right attitude he would be better than anyone else we have at cb at the moment.

Kaboul/Vlad/Fazio are all poor, apparently Inter are sniffing round Vlad for some unknown reason and i would bite their hand off for a packet of quavers to be honest.

Isn't Dier a CB? Give him ago Poch, can't do any bleedin worse

In the world cup verity was dropped. He was poor in the opening game and was dropped to the bench for the second.

And he's such a great central defender yet he's no longer 1st choice at the lane. Wenger was right in the first place better as a holding midfielder.

As for rose, coarse he cant cross the ball, came all the way through the ranks at the lane as a winger who cant cross the ball,,

really,,,

It was always a gamble to convert him 2 left back, like walker his pace and his 'engine' are his prime assets. Will they be sufficiant to see him through? on the evidence so far probably not. Verity's a better left bac best potts use him there or if there's good money on offer for him take it whilst his stock ia relatively high.

Ok fair point re Belgium, but i didn't say he was great, just better than the rest of the dross.

Wouldn't argue with giving him a go as a holding midfielder if we had better centre backs, but you're not seriously suggesting Kaboul, Fazio, or Vlad are better??

Sorry but from what i have seen of the games this season Rose's crossing is piss poor, most of them boom over everyone's heads towards the corner flag, or he can't beat the first defender.

He can come up through the ranks all he likes, Lennon has been a winger all his life and can't cross for toffee either.

The modern English game is all built on speed, but what's the point if the end product is garbage most of the time?

SIRS

After watching the match on Sunday, Stoke city seem to be making good progress under Mark Hughes,and made Spurs look like a pub team, i would be very worried at this situation.The team looked spineless and no committment, Stoke City, were up for the task and had WINNERS in their team.

also, at an average height of six foot two and a half, the tallest team around. n.b. this is with peter crouch in the starting XI rather than bojan.

What has that got to do with the game??????

SIRS

After watching the match on Sunday, Stoke city seem to be making good progress under Mark Hughes,and made Spurs look like a pub team, i would be very worried at this situation.The team looked spineless and no committment, Stoke City, were up for the task and had WINNERS in their team.

No sh1t, Sherlock!

No doubt a spurs fan, thank you for that inteligent reply, typical i suppose, and sad.

• Like 1

SIRS

No sh1t, Sherlock!

No doubt a spurs fan, thank you for that inteligent reply, typical i suppose, and sad.

Have a wonderful day Bernard