Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Pleased with the performances of Winks, Carter-Vickers,  Wanyama and Lamela's run out.

Unimpressed with Wimmer, Dier and Carrol.  I just can't see Tom Carrol making the grade.

This was the start of a very tough seven match run.  November is a very big month for us.  

Edited by carmine

20 hours ago, carmine said:

Pleased with the performances of Winks, Carter-Vickers,  Wanyama and Lamela's run out.

Unimpressed with Wimmer, Dier and Carrol.  I just can't see Tom Carrol making the grade.

This was the start of a very tough seven match run.  November is a very big month for us.  

good post

november, is virtually a make or break for the side.

i still dont know what to make of this seaon.

solid league run without a doubt, but last 2 league games in a row, the side seems to be lacking a game changer.

dropping points too well marshalled less fancied teams, is bordering on the 'is the club top 4 or top 6?' .

2 hours ago, macksview said:

good post

november, is virtually a make or break for the side.

i still dont know what to make of this seaon.

solid league run without a doubt, but last 2 league games in a row, the side seems to be lacking a game changer.

dropping points too well marshalled less fancied teams, is bordering on the 'is the club top 4 or top 6?' .

If by game changer you mean someone who can take people on and create something out of nothing then i totally agree but the problem is that they are not easy to come by, if there was someone about within our budget then we would have probably signed him over Sissoko but i don't suppose there was !

As for beating less fancied teams, no team is going to beat every less fancied team away from home and so far our record against them at home and away is not too bad   P6 W4  D2  if we start struggling against them at home is the time to worry.

Let's face we might not score as many goals as some of the other teams but  with our defensive unit we are not going to let as many in either so Top 6 is certainly on the cards  :shock1::shock1:

yes, alfie my definition of a game changer is as you describe, and yes they are a highly valued and rare item.

for sure we should be top 6, but i would rather top 4 at least.

which team is dropping away points away to less fancied sides, may decide the title.

unbeaten at this stage, is a very good effort.

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

Reports indicating Lamela looking for a new contract. I honestly can't see him ever getting much "better" than he is now.  Not enough gray matter.

What's the verdict ?

Yes he's better now cos when he first arrived he was awful.

Right now, i would still put him as second choice to our other 

3 attacking midfielders, Son, Dele & Eriksen.

Lamela still  has a stray pass in him in our own half, gives away 

silly fouls and often gets booked and doesn't score enough.

But, Pochettino seems to overlook all those things, so he'll prob

get a new contract. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicog said:

How much did you do on Soldaduddo?

How much did you lose on Podolski ? my point is every club loses money on players so why did Bob even mention how much Lamela is worth now, i notice Bob didn't put a figure on how much walcott would have cost now taking into consideration that you paid 9m for him 11 years ago ! 

Edited by alfieconn

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In a poll of which player would you prefer to playing against your team, lamelon or walnut, sure most would go for lamelon.

Sorry but sounds like a ten year olds argument.

Lamela has become an important player for us.  If you don't rate him fine, your opinion but his stats back up his value.  His workrate, pressing is excellent.  Provides assists.  What i would like to see from him is more goals

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

How much did you lose on Podolski ? my point is every club loses money on players so why did Bob even mention how much Lamela is worth now, i notice Bob didn't put a figure on how much walcott would have cost now taking into consideration that you paid 9m for him 11 years ago ! 

Why don't you just make up numbers?

Podolski cost us about 10 million and we're getting six of that back from Turkey.

Walcott cost 5 million.

You lost 10m+ on Soldaduddo (that was a victory if you ask me).

Now, back to Lamentable - keep him!

:clap2:

4 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Why don't you just make up numbers?

Podolski cost us about 10 million and we're getting six of that back from Turkey.

Walcott cost 5 million.

You lost 10m+ on Soldaduddo (that was a victory if you ask me).

Now, back to Lamentable - keep him!

:clap2:

Make up numbers, not me :shock1: :biggrin:  my point is that Bob tried to have a pop about Lamelas current value and all i'm saying that a majority of teams big money buy's lose money or are valued less than they bought them for.

Walcott transferred to Arsenal on 20 January 2006, for a fee of £5 million, rising to £12 million depending on appearances for club and country.[16][17] The original fee was payable by instalments – £5 million down, £5 million based on club appearances and £2 million based on England appearances – but was revised to a total of £9.1 million by a compromise settlement agreed on 31 March 2008.[18] He signed an initial pre-contract agreement to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday on 16 March 2006.[19]

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/arsenal/english-football-teams/arsenal-transfers   Lukas Podolski   £11,000,000

Podolski signed a three-year contract with Turkish club Galatasaray on 4 July 2015 for an initial fee of £1.8 million, after which the Süper Lig champions will pay Arsenal £2.1 million for three consecutive seasons thereafter.[48] 

15 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Put this way if we sold him today we wouldn't lose as much as you have just lost on Balotelli :goof:

Only because of the latest inflation of player value, otherwise you'd probably lose 15M, which is on par.

ive admitted it before and now again, Balotelli is one, if not the worst signing Liverpool have ever made. 

Another entertaining draw for your boys again today, still without loss, you miss Kane though. 

16 hours ago, Chicog said:

Those numbers are made up. Arsenal don't disclose transfer fees.

Now, back to Lamentable.

KEEP HIM!

So how did you arrive at these figs then ?  Podolski cost us about 10 million and we're getting six of that back from Turkey.

Walcott cost 5 million. 
   or do you know someone on the inside :cheesy:

Certainly thought were better than in recent games, created more chances, Janssen looked more likely to score and apart from Eriksen and perhaps Dele i thought everyone had a good game.

Most admit once we went one up i couldn't us conceding as the defence looked as strong as ever, but for  the error from Wans and perhaps a liitle bit better defending from Walker !

Footnote : i think it's about time that the FA bought in a figure (say 3 or 4 ) for the maximum amount of fouls a player can make before he automatically receives a yellow card.

Edited by alfieconn