Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Certainly thought were better than in recent games, created more chances, Janssen looked more likely to score and apart from Eriksen and perhaps Dele i thought everyone had a good game.

Most admit once we went one up i couldn't us conceding as the defence looked as strong as ever, but for  the error from Wans and perhaps a liitle bit better defending from Walker !

Footnote : i think it's about time that the FA bought in a figure (say 3 or 4 ) for the maximum amount of fouls a player can make before he automatically receives a yellow card.

Why, do you want Wanyama sent off every game?

:smile:

(I actually agree about persistent fouling, although the smarter managers use rotational fouling to achieve the same objective).

Edited by Chicog

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

Not enough pace up front, eh ? Can't stretch the defense and create space. Looks that way to me.

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with lack of pace, if Kane had played we would of

had even less pace up front, Dele, Son & Sissoko have more pace than Kane.

What i saw, was a Leverkusen side that as soon as the whistle blew at kick off, started to press us with intensity, that put us on the back foot and the players just couldn't get

any rhythm with continuous back & side passes and far too many stray passes.

Then the teams confidence just went downhill from there and the occasion got too much for them mentally, while Leverkusen's confidence kept growing as the game went on.

They did to Spurs what Spurs did to City a month ago. 

• Like 2

Is this right? I thought it was only us that got cursed in November.

Alderweireld, Davies, Lamela and Sissoko will all definitely miss out for various reasons, while Dembele is unlikely to recover from his midweek injury too. 

32 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

However you choose to paint it its a better result from our perspective than yours.

Of course I'm disappointed that you managed to scab a lucky point.

For you it's like winning the league.

14 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Where do you read that?

For me its a point away from home. :smile:

Exactly, just a point away from home.  Just as enjoyable was watching Dembele make Ozil look like little boy.

yet again proves himself to be our most influential player.  We haven't lost any of the last 29 games he's started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Exactly, just a point away from home.  Just as enjoyable was watching Dembele make Ozil look like little boy.

yet again proves himself to be our most influential player.  We haven't lost any of the last 29 games he's started.

You haven't won that many of them either.

Frankly it was like watching Wenger's Arsenal play Graham's Arsenal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

You haven't won that many of them either.

Frankly it was like watching Wenger's Arsenal play Graham's Arsenal.

Well if being Grahams Arsenal means having more possession, more shots on target, greater passing success , more take on's and having the Man of the match then i'll take that !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well if being Grahams Arsenal means having more possession, more shots on target, greater passing success , more take on's and having the Man of the match then i'll take that !

I did actually think we didn't work hard enough to win the ball back a lot of the time.

We hardly let Chelsea breathe, but didn't seem to put in the same effort against you.

Mind you, we do that a lot with the smaller teams.