Tottenham Thread

chonabot

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I certainly won't be put straight by someone who forgets how he got involved in the conversation in the first place !

I wasn't going to post pictures from every angle going. I think the fact that the TV pundits didn't even mention it, although they have every angle going and dissect every piece of play, proves that he wasn't offside

Why does it have to be every angle going ? just one in line with the last defender but it's funny that you never put a pic of that angle on here do you ?

Edited by alfieconn

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

There's been no attempt to make out that Jesus came through City's academy, we bought it him as you well know. You like to go on about our academy but when are Spurs going to win anything...its 3258 days now since you won anything!

When exactly have you won anything?  You've bought a lot recently of course, but thats oh so hollow....

When exactly have you won anything? 

WHEN EXACTLY HAVE YOU WON ANYTHING?

Sorry, I just couldn't believe you posted that. Either you're having a bad morning, your memory is on the brink or you truly are deluded.

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When exactly have you won anything? 

Sorry, I just couldn't believe you posted that. Either you're having a bad morning, your memory is on the brink or you truly are deluded.

Your making yourself look a burke again ain't you BB.

First Division/Premier League:[63][64][65]

FA Cup:[66][67]

League Cup:[68]

City trophy haul :

First Division/Premier League[93]

FA Cup

Football League Cup

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Yes you've more than us recently but the history is all above.

In fact considering you won the lottery and are  the biggest spenders  your trophy haul in that time is pretty poor in  8 years.

2 League titles

1 fa cup

2 League cups 

NO  European trophies

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

5 major trophies in 8 years, isn't really poor though is it. It's pretty impressive. 

Whatever way you judge it, teams that spend big win the league, it is consistent FACT, with the given anomaly that was Leicester. 

So you can praise and be proud of your net values and academy but at the end of the day it is about trophies. Sure if you win the league with academy developed stars it's a wonderful achievement but the likelihood is written in the stats. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

5 major trophies in 8 years, isn't really poor though is it. It's pretty impressive. 

Whatever way you judge it, teams that spend big win the league, it is consistent FACT, with the given anomaly that was Leicester. 

So you can praise and be proud of your net values and academy but at the end of the day it is about trophies. Sure if you win the league with academy developed stars it's a wonderful achievement but the likelihood is written in the stats. 

Don't disagree with any of that Bob.  What i would say is that the direction we chose to take as a club in aiming to bring through academy players and keeping our spend low has only been in place relatively recently arrived and it remains to be seen if it'll bear fruits but it does take time.  Definitely going in the right direction, considering we for example finished above City last season, above them so far this season and in the last five years we have a net spend of 1m compared to their 400m.  We've already arrived at the stage where we are competing with the usual suspects so only time will tell if we will be able to step up further

That net spend bit was just for you btw!:smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well take out the League cup and the fact that they haven't even got close to winning a European Trophy despite all the money they have spent and you call that impressive, well i must say you are easy pleased Bobby ! 

Then you contradict yourself by saying 

Whatever way you judge it, teams that spend big win the league

So you can praise and be proud of your net values and academy

Not sure where the contradiction is Alfie and I'm sure you would take 5 trophies in 8 years, real trophies that is ;) 

Despite you gobshites on here I'd like to see Spurs win league before the rest of those contenders. Even if I have to listen to you for the next 10 years :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Despite you gobshites on here I'd like to see Spurs win league before the rest of those contenders. Even if I have to listen to you for the next 10 years :) 

Good one, quality comedy that.

:smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not sure where the contradiction is Alfie and I'm sure you would take 5 trophies in 8 years, real trophies that is ;) 

TH FEEDER CLUBS last big win

Bale - surprised they did not do open top bus with a cheque for 86m being held aloft. Big win that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Contradiction's ! one minute your saying that teams  that spend big win the League then your saying about Spurs net spend being low but we need to win trophies.

Not if we spent as much money as City i wouldn't,let's face it the owners aim when they came to City was to win Titles and a European Cup so in 8 seasons they have achieved two titles !

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

TH FEEDER CLUBS last big win

Bale - surprised they did not do open top bus with a cheque for 86m being held aloft. Big win that. 

Hold on a minute Bullet is back :cheesy::cheesy:

Anyway have you got them figs where we wasted 100m  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Hold on a minute Bullet is back :cheesy::cheesy:

Anyway have you got them figs where we wasted 100m  :biggrin:

Have a quick gander at your trophy hall acon its a bit bare how's that for a figure? 

Straight up tho Aconn lively footy but I think your boys lack the bottle to win it.

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Last time I met Alfredo he was wearing his 1966 Hurst England shirt!! :tongue:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Have a quick gander at your trophy hall acon its a bit bare how's that for a figure? 

Straight up tho Aconn lively footy but I think your boys lack the bottle to win it.

It won't be bottle that loses the league for us this season....it will be a well drilled and competent Chelsea team.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Contradiction's ! one minute your saying that teams  that spend big win the League then your saying about Spurs net spend being low but we need to win trophies.

Bobby :No I didn't 

Here what you said Bobby 

Whatever way you judge it, teams that spend big win the league, it is consistent FACT

So you can praise and be proud of your net values and academy but at the end of the day it is about trophies

Ok the only difference is that you didn't mention it being low  but being as that is what it is i took as the same thing !

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

who gives a fuc about net spends,!!!

1/ whose got the best TEAM ,,,,,,  NOW?

2/ if the ownership were to change, who would be able to carry on and arguably prosper at current levels?

Playing attractive attacking football is success to me.

All about your point of view.

Besides we have a great YOUNG squad...the future is bright indeed!

3 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

It could be v strongly argued that we've always strove to play attractive football succesfully or not thats a diferent question. what we've NEVER had is a TEAM  with attitude and spirit to dig deep  win and work as a unit when alls not going well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

It could be v strongly argued that we've always strove to play attractive football succesfully or not thats a diferent question. what we've NEVER had is a TEAM  with attitude and spirit to dig deep  win and work as a unit when alls not going well.

We have it right now!

23 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

I like your POV but it needs a few trophies to be truly appreciated. You don't want to do an arsenal or maybe you do.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"considering we for example finished above City last season"...and what did you WIN by finishing above City last season AND BELOW Arsenal AS USUAL. ..bugger all. Keep on dreaming boys.

You need a beer BB! :post-4641-1156694572: