Tottenham Thread

chonabot

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Looks like Kane might make an appearance today.

COYS!

Unlikely to be anything more than a run out.  But great he's back already, surprised everyone how quickly he's returned.  Hopefully Rose will follow soon.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Unlikely to be anything more than a run out.  But great he's back already, surprised everyone how quickly he's returned.  Hopefully Rose will follow soon.

Not really needed now for the second half but Janssen doesn't look sharp enough for me.

I guess he will be shipped out in the summer.

All in a tremendous performance first half here. I can see 6 or 7 especially if Kane makes an apoearance.

Great game again but I knew it would be a walk in the park , Watford with many changes for this game and they looked poor .   Just enjoying every Spurs game now. 

On 04/08/2017 at 4:37 AM, carmine said:

The Season to date;

All things considering it been progression again  with Spurs continuing to iron out some of last seasons problems, that continued into this.  Failing to break down sides or finish them off.  I still think feel we miss too many chances and need to be more clinical but regardless we are still scoring a lot of goals.

The first choice eleven as it perceived to be has only been able to be fielded about five times all season so that suggests the "squad" has performed well although it is still very inexperienced.  

Sissoko has been an unmitigated disaster.  Ironically, if he goes in the summer due to the structure of the deal imposed byLevy its Newcastle not really us that will feel the cost of his drop in form.  Still, with a very young inexperienced squad we needed to spend money on better bet than him and its proven a big mistake.  He's a shadow of the player we saw in the euros.

Defense has been outstanding all season bar Lloris' howlers at City.

The midfield has improved with a seasons more experience and i doubt theres a better double pivot in the league than Wanyama/Dembele. IMHO, and with many Spurs fans Dembele is our most important player and has benefitted hugely from the power and physicality of Victor.   I also believe that Eriksen has currently created more goals and chances than any other player in europes top five league although i stand to be corrected if this is no longer the case.  Son, along with Rose is our most improved player.  Who knows whats really going on with Lamela, but possibly a concern for next season.

Upfront Kane needs little comment.  Janssen has been a disappointment but i can see him coming through.  He appears to have the right attitude and is still very young.  He's worth persevering with especially as we have won every game in Kane's absence.

Biggest progression this season is probably in mental strength.  I just can't see us bottling like last season.  Thats all down to the manager.  No other Spurs side i've ever seen would have come back to draw against Swansea, let alone beat them.  This Pochettino side never gives up.

Disappointments are obviously the CL and Europa, and struggling on the bigger Wembley pitch which is a worry for next season.  How will we cope?  I do see us as a better side next season but what of the Wembley effect?  A cause for concern in my eyes.  The low point was an awful shambolic away fixture in the Europa when we naively underestimated an opponent and paid the price.  In the CL where the quality steps up we were shown wanting and inexperienced.

This season will pan out as it will but regardless i see us a much stronger unit next season and its unlikely that we'll lose players because they all seem to have totally bought into the manager and his philosophy.

Nice one make u about right .transfer wise  Only thing I THINK  will happen, Rose will be tempted by the  mancity mega  dollar and we"ll get shaw in from utd  and i wouldnt be surprised to see walker go in the same direction as rose   Tbh i prefer trippier he' s by far the better footballer,,  better athlete,  no, power house ,, no, but footballer imo  by a country mile eg yesterday thought he was  all round outstanding . And poch will get the best out of shaw and knowing levy plenty of dollars in the bank  so Imo   win win .... but we'll c.

Edited by 3 minus 2

18 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nice one make u about right .transfer wise  Only thing I THINK  will happen, Rose will be tempted by the  mancity mega  dollar and we"ll get shaw in from utd  and i wouldnt be surprised to see walker go in the same direction as rose   Tbh i prefer trippier he' s by far the better footballer,,  better athlete,  no, power house ,, no, but footballer imo  by a country mile eg yesterday thought he was  all round outstanding . And poch will get the best out of shaw and knowing levy plenty of dollars in the bank  so Imo   win win .... but we'll c.

If anyones going Walker would be the most likely and i'm not that concerned at all.  I too prefer Trippier and we also have Dier as stand in.

Rumours of a silly bid from City for Rose continue but Shaw seems to be getting game time ay United and Mourinho has finally stopped slagging him off to the press so maybe he's staying?

Incidentally,  Poch has just said in an interview that Lamela is definately staying and he finds the rumours he's leaving amusing!  If so, thats a real bonus and where would that leave Sissoko who's running out of time to impress?

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Along with MacKay possibly our greatest player?!  I reckon so.

Nah sori  mackay was good ..v v good and grew in stature as he aged but he maybe was on a par with the likes of hoddle white and a few others  but not in the same 'elite'   lgr as greavesy and  gazza the were ABSOLUTE STARS and at their peaks  TOTALLY  att   out shone EVERYONE   else on the pitch.
Oh about lamela good to hear poch say that and if true best he extend his contract,, Levys extended all the others so for me until proved otherwise  I reckon he' s looking to move for free.

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 4/9/2017 at 1:15 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

Can't see anyone leaving at the end of this season !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Maybe  your right but rose out shaw in would work, and  poch would abso get him rocking and that boy can defend as well as attack, something rose unfortunatly just aint that great at, but we'll c. Oh the other one rumored that would workand imo could happen  is zaha. We move the ball really quickly on the break but aint got anyone that has scary pace and that close control ie a class winger think weve tried a few but with no real effect, think we were looking for sissoko to fill that void like the others b4  he aint really worked and zaha is romored to  want to come ,, he's a class act and  tried and tested in the prem and will totally work for us.

Edited by 3 minus 2

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Maybe  your right but rose out shaw in would work, and  poch would abso get him rocking and that boy can defend as well as attack, something rose unfortunatly just aint that great at, but we'll c. Oh the other one rumored that would workand imo could happen  is zaha. We move the ball really quickly on the break but aint got anyone that has scary pace and that close control ie a class winger think weve tried a few but with no real effect, think we were looking for sissoko to fill that void like the others b4  he aint really worked and zaha is romored to  want to come ,, he's a class act and  tried and tested in the prem and will totally work for us.

Rose has been outstanding and there ain't another left back close to him in the Premier League, you say that Rose aint that great at defending but i can't recall many goals coming from his bad defending plus no way is Shaw better in the attacking third.

On a general note, people talk about in bringing in new players but on our budget who could we bring in that would replace any of the existing team, maybe Zaha could play on the right side of a three in 4-2-3-1 but i can't see him playing in a 3-4-2-1 and therefore we could have the problem of people not being happy if they are not playing, after it's not like we are City or Chelsea where players are earning mega and don't care if they are playing or not. IPWT

8 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Rose has been outstanding and there ain't another left back close to him in the Premier League, you say that Rose aint that great at defending but i can't recall many goals coming from his bad defending plus no way is Shaw better in the attacking third.

On a general note, people talk about in bringing in new players but on our budget who could we bring in that would replace any of the existing team, maybe Zaha could play on the right side of a three in 4-2-3-1 but i can't see him playing in a 3-4-2-1 and therefore we could have the problem of people not being happy if they are not playing, after it's not like we are City or Chelsea where players are earning mega and don't care if they are playing or not. IPWT

Neither rose or walker are great defenders  walkers pace save him time and time me again and his deliveries are disapointing and thats being kind, i give you rose is arguably one of if not the most effective prem  wing bax attacking the opponants box , but remember he was a winger b4 ari dropped him bac so defending is still relatively new to him and  defensively positionally he's still all over the place and he's consistently saved by verity. and as for bringing no one in, that should never  happen the squad  always needs tweeking and zaha wants to play at a higher level than cp can offer and after the moyes debacle his form and confidence  is restored and i'de v surprised if he didnt fancy himself at a top 4 club . Shaw is all round better player than rose and when he left southampton was majorly out of our reach ,, not so now when match fit he's a class act and imo the best left sided wing bac in the prem and again imo he would help take us on a level.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Can't see why Spurs would be eager to see either Walker or Rose go. Both are yards better than most fullbacks in the EPL. Plus Pochy strikes me as a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" manager.

Best you REALLY watch them rather than just listen, walker is  a poor footballer, a super elite athlete but his deliveries into the box are just poor, his   passing and positional play are poor BUT he is amazingly quick and extremely powerful and makes him dificult to handle.  , time and time again his pace and power get him out of trouble. 

Rose attacks the opponants box like no other prem wing bac, but as a defender he lacks the basics..next time  actually watch them both.

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Best you REALLY watch them rather than just listen, walker is  a poor footballer, a super elite athlete but his deliveries into the box are just poor, his   passing and positional play are poor BUT he is amazingly quick and extremely powerful and makes him dificult to handle.  , time and time again his pace and power get him out of trouble. 

Rose attacks the opponants box like no other prem wing bac, but as a defender he lacks the basics..next time  actually watch them both.

Ha Ha ! I'll trade you Clichy and Sagna for both of them straight up ! And I'll try to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY watch them next time.:tongue:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Neither rose or walker are great defenders  walkers pace save him time and time me again and his deliveries are disapointing and thats being kind, i give you rose is arguably one of if not the most effective prem  wing bax attacking the opponants box , but remember he was a winger b4 ari dropped him bac so defending is still relatively new to him and  defensively positionally he's still all over the place and he's consistently saved by verity. and as for bringing no one in, that should never  happen the squad  always needs tweeking and zaha wants to play at a higher level than cp can offer and after the moyes debacle his form and confidence  is restored and i'de v surprised if he didnt fancy himself at a top 4 club . Shaw is all round better player than rose and when he left southampton was majorly out of our reach ,, not so now when match fit he's a class act and imo the best left sided wing bac in the prem and again imo he would help take us on a level.

Where have i said that we shouldn't bring anyone in ?

Fail to see how you can say that he is the best left sided wing back when he doesn't play that position !

21 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Fully agree with you alfie.

I can't see why we're even discussing any of our first choice players leaving this summer,

and that includes Trippier and Davies.

They've pretty much all signed new contracts, and that's cos Poch & Levy know how important

it is to keep this young squad together.

They have the potential to improve year on year and challenge for the top as they have proved 

already, keeping them together is key.

I would like to see 2 or 3 additions to what we already have in order to strengthen the depth of

the squad, Ross Barkley and Zaha would be good and one more CB if we are gonna play 3 at the back

more regularly.

If we do sell anyone it should be the likes of the fringe players like Onomah, Sissoko, N'koudou.

Still not sure what to do about Janssen, but it's imperative that we tie Son and Toby to new long term 

contracts as they both have been outstanding for us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Ha Ha ! I'll trade you Clichy and Sagna for both of them straight up ! And I'll try to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY watch them next time.:tongue:

Have you been to a man city game yet? Go and watch a live game, any live game  its a totally diferent experience  from sitting behind a screen being influenced by in general pretty piss poor band wagon jumping media pundits.

and you can keep your over paid showponies and put them alongside   the billions youve  wasted on poor signings   but no doubts city will carry on stupidly flashing the cash and in so doing football in general more harm than good.  and ive every confidence lyou  will  give us your money and  carry on spending big and buying bad.  ,,. If you ever really watched walker youd note  how many times his pace and power gets him down the right hand side and how many  times he fails to deliver a simple decent pull bac or a decent cross. And  in almost every game  if the comentators  did their job PROPERLY  they would be ripping him apart  frankly  as a pro defender the 'penny just hasnt dropped' and thats a quote from gary neville about walker.

^I wouldn't say Clichy or Sagna have been bad signings (wasn't Sagna a free). They've served us well over the years, especially Clichy who sadly has lost his pace and therefore effectiveness. But yes we have made some bad signings over the years (who hasn't though).

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I wouldn't say Clichy or Sagna have been bad signings (wasn't Sagna a free). They've served us well over the years, especially Clichy who sadly has lost his pace and therefore effectiveness. But yes we have made some bad signings over the years (who hasn't though).

Seems your eagerness to defend your players means you haven't  read the post's correctly, where has anyone said that they were bad signings ? :post-4641-1156693976: :biggrin:

P.s. This is the non bias thread so best you stick to the City thread  :whistling:

Edited by alfieconn

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Seems your eagerness to defend your players means you haven't  read the post's correctly, where has anyone said that they were bad signings ? :post-4641-1156693976: :biggrin:

P.s. This is the non bias thread so best you stick to the City thread  :whistling:

and the sooner thread,  he loves them too!!!  He's a closet goon Alfie!!

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfredo
See above: and you can keep your over paid showponies and put them alongside   the billions youve  wasted on poor signings   but no doubts city will carry on stupidly flashing the cash 

I thought i was ignore :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Have you been to a man city game yet? Go and watch a live game, any live game  its a totally diferent experience  from sitting behind a screen being influenced by in general pretty piss poor band wagon jumping media pundits.

and you can keep your over paid showponies and put them alongside   the billions youve  wasted on poor signings   but no doubts city will carry on stupidly flashing the cash and in so doing football in general more harm than good.  and ive every confidence lyou  will  give us your money and  carry on spending big and buying bad.  ,,. If you ever really watched walker youd note  how many times his pace and power gets him down the right hand side and how many  times he fails to deliver a simple decent pull bac or a decent cross. And  in almost every game  if the comentators  did their job PROPERLY  they would be ripping him apart  frankly  as a pro defender the 'penny just hasnt dropped' and thats a quote from gary neville about walker.

Your meds are calling you Rijit...again.

• Like 1