Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie it could still be on...
At the beginning of the season on here I forecast Spurs as champions. Will I be right or wrong?

Please vote for someone else next August! :biggrin:

57 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie it could still be on...
At the beginning of the season on here I forecast Spurs as champions. Will I be right or wrong?

not winning the prem  this time, is down to  a period in oct nov ish when we dropped 2 many point,s not down to a nonsence idiotic little term like 'bottling it'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

not winning the prem  this time, is down to  a period in oct nov ish when we dropped 2 many point,s not down to a nonsence idiotic little term like 'bottling it'

Closer and closer we climb each year with our young and hungry squad and you know from our manager what his aim is.

Levy looks on from the stand and shares the same vision.

The future is rosy for Tottenham no question.

Last season we didn't win our last 4 games , now rinse and repeat ?  At least we have secured 2nd place. And can celebrate I guess. 

Would be nice with a win at WHL for the last time. 

Edited by balo

16 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Spurs did bottle it and there's no historical about it your in the mix proper for the first time this last 2 and both times you bottled it against neighbouring clubs too. Absolutely bottled it. They were all finals and you lost two including the fa cup match so no matter how you look at. It was bottled. 

On the contrary, we gave you 18 other clubs a title race!  How is winning 9 on the bounce bottling it?  If you knew about rivalries you'd know that the pikes entire season evolves around beating Spurs and its their cup final.  You sound absolutely ridiculous....oh wait a minute, silly me,  you're trolling again!!

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

By bottling it he's saying when you were catching up and pressuring chelsea you let them off the hook by failing to beat a whu team you were expected to beat...in footballing parlance your players bottled it (but you know this)

Absolute nonsense.  

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

By bottling it he's saying when you were catching up and pressuring chelsea you let them off the hook by failing to beat a whu team you were expected to beat...in footballing parlance your players bottled it (but you know this)

Its interesting to that that whilst we were winning nine on the bounce whilst constantly under pressure,mCity and the other also rans were bottling it over and again.  We were also aware that as soon as the moment came when we did finally lose a game the muftis on here and in the media would starting harping on about bottling it.

And also remember as i told you yesterday, even your greatest player said its nonsense to say this.  So, BB, take the weekend off talking your usual nonsense!!

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its interesting to that that whilst we were winning nine on the bounce whilst constantly under pressure,mCity and the other also rans were bottling it over and again.

Don't think any of the other teams where even good enough to be called also rans this season.

As an aside. Did Spurs lead the table at any point this season? Serious question, I just don't remember them doing, so was always a catch up rather than defending a lead

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To be fair, BB know all about bottling, cos thats exactly what  City have done in many big games  this season, Spurs @ home ( after being 2 -0 up), Arse semi, Monaco away, Chelsea away to name just a few !!!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't think any of the other teams where even good enough to be called also rans this season.

As an aside. Did Spurs lead the table at any point this season? Serious question, I just don't remember them doing, so was always a catch up rather than defending a lead

Could be wrong but dont think we did top the league, and we were always dogged game chasers, never giving up  was a strong poch like  trait, same as the chavs ' through conti have had introduced almost an italian frugilty and ruthlesness   to their  play, none of the other toppish teams have developed such strongly managerial influenced  'charecteristics' as yet.

Edit, man utd PROBABLY being the nearest.

Edited by 3 minus 2

13 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I'd agree with you if had not bottled it at West ham.

36 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd agree with you if had not bottled it at West ham.

To be fair Rc, i was looking through the Liverpool fixtures to see what big games Liverpool have bottled in relation to the title or Cups but i couldn't find any then i realized it was because they hadn't played in any   :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair Rc, i was looking through the Liverpool fixtures to see what big games Liverpool have bottled in relation to the title or Cups but i couldn't find any then i realized it was because they hadn't played in any   :biggrin:

Alfonso we have bottled 1 already and I'm not even sure we will not bottle another. Every game is a cup final for us now otherwise were doomed and we will not get the players required which will lead to tired excuses and acceptances which should not be acceptable or excusable  for any top 6 fan.

Don't think you understand Carmine what bottling it means. It doesn't mean mean losing, it means losing when the pressure was on to win and the team didn't perform - you bottled it no matter how much you try to avoid it. Maybe chelsea will bottle it and let you back in the race.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Absolute nonsense.  

Geezers burnt absolutely burnt. Happens to us all its just a familiar point of failure for you that only in the last 2 years you have experienced. It gets easier but I understand your frustration. 

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Did Spurs lead the table at any point this season?"
Think the last time Spurs topped the Premier was 13 minutes in March 2016. There's a DVD available somewhere. ..I'll see if I can find a copy of it

And you wonder why you get some of the responses you do on here?

Why don't you take a day off and thank Spurs for giving you a title race?  

What contribution have you overpaid under achieving mercenaries given us?

Perhaps you'd be better off staying on the City thread,(or Arsenal) and discussing why Pep the genius seems to have taken you backwards in a season of total failure?  The biggest spending highest paid losers!

Coming on this thread and putting down Spurs makes you look even more stupid btw......given half a footballing brain you'd know that given City's struggles this season you would be far better off keeping a low profile.  Or take your whippet for walks more often!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Did Spurs lead the table at any point this season?"
Think the last time Spurs topped the Premier was 13 minutes in March 2016. There's a DVD available somewhere. ..I'll see if I can find a copy of it

Perhaps i could highlight the ridiculous stupidity of your attempts at underplaying our season.

"City spent more money on Mangala and Stones than Spurs did on their entire first choice starting eleven."

Now run along Bredders a make a colossal fool of yourself somewhere else.  :smile:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps i could highlight the ridiculous stupidity of your attempts at underplaying our season.

"City spent more money on Mangala and Stones than Spurs did on their entire first choice starting eleven."

Now run along Bredders a make a colossal fool of yourself somewhere else.  :smile:

carms, you'd think  being as we are 8 points in front of them,  being as we took 4 points off of them, being as we net spent 137m less than them this year, that he'd be keeping a low profile on here but old trigger hasn't even got the savvy to do that :unsure:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

carms, you'd think  being as we are 8 points in front of them,  being as we took 4 points off of them, being as we net spent 137m less than them this year, that he'd be keeping a low profile on here but old trigger hasn't even got the savvy to do that :unsure:

Lucky us because MrB doesn't bite so easy!!  The Mangala/Stones stat is hilarious

4 hours ago, carmine said:

discussing why Pep the genius seems to have taken you backwards in a season of total failure?  The biggest spending highest paid losers!

Bit harsh that Carms. I sense anger in your response :smile: Personally, I'm happy with Pep. Has he made some errors this season? Yes of course he has but we can see what he is trying to do and how he wants to play. Once he gets the players he wants, who can play how he wants, it'll be great to watch.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Lucky us because MrB doesn't bite so easy!!  The Mangala/Stones stat is hilarious

Mangala was a total waste of money. Of that there is no doubt.

Stones on the other hand is a good player and I'm sure will become a great player. Due to Kompany's injury, he has had to carry the whole debacle of what has been City's defence on his young shoulders this year, which isn't ideal. At his age he is still learning and would have benefitted so much if he had been along side Vinny. Unfortunately, Vinny is back and Stones is out injured, so he can't even gain that experience over the final games.

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit harsh that Carms. I sense anger in your response :smile: Personally, I'm happy with Pep. Has he made some errors this season? Yes of course he has but we can see what he is trying to do and how he wants to play. Once he gets the players he wants, who can play how he wants, it'll be great to watch.

Certainly hope so as the more attractive attacking football is what I love to watch.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

And you wonder why you get some of the responses you do on here?

Why don't you take a day off and thank Spurs for giving you a title race?  

What contribution have you overpaid under achieving mercenaries given us?

Perhaps you'd be better off staying on the City thread,(or Arsenal) and discussing why Pep the genius seems to have taken you backwards in a season of total failure?  The biggest spending highest paid losers!

Coming on this thread and putting down Spurs makes you look even more stupid btw......given half a footballing brain you'd know that given City's struggles this season you would be far better off keeping a low profile.  Or take your whippet for walks more often!!

Absolutely 100% correct the messiah completely fluffed it and compared to the neighbours they have not delivered. Utd done much better and if they win the UEFA too with that very dour team it only highlights their choice of manager has been proven to be a top decision.

I mean this guy took away hart and replaced him with a pair of legs.

35 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Absolutely 100% correct the messiah completely fluffed it and compared to the neighbours they have not delivered. Utd done much better and if they win the UEFA too with that very dour team it only highlights their choice of manager has been proven to be a top decision.

I mean this guy took away hart and replaced him with a pair of legs.

I'm very happy with Pep and more than happy to give him much more time. Better watching City than that tripe Moureen plays.

On the Hart subject, I totally agree though

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm very happy with Pep and more than happy to give him much more time. Better watching City than that tripe Moureen plays.

On the Hart subject, I totally agree though

OK put yourself in a executives shoes at city and ask yourself this:

If utd win the uefa and they are measuring success which includes decisions like hart. How much do you allow before you begin asking serious questions of PG ability to push you on consistently with some success. Are you saying providing you play void football you are happy? Athletico Madrid systems are similar to JM and man utd's at present. Nothing but praise for simeone.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

OK put yourself in a executives shoes at city and ask yourself this:

If utd win the uefa and they are measuring success which includes decisions like hart. How much do you allow before you begin asking serious questions of PG ability to push you on consistently with some success. Are you saying providing you play void football you are happy? Athletico Madrid systems are similar to JM and man utd's at present. Nothing but praise for simeone.

I think Pep HAS to improve next year. If not and he has been given the money to buy the players he wants, there is no excuse.

As for United. Winning the Europa, playing like they do and not coming in the top 4 of the Prem is not a success (IMO of course) and I doubt any Man United would disagree.

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Pep HAS to improve next year. If not and he has been given the money to buy the players he wants, there is no excuse.

As for United. Winning the Europa, playing like they do and not coming in the top 4 of the Prem is not a success (IMO of course) and I doubt any Man United would disagree.

Winning 1 trophy in a season could be deemed successful with that utd team. Winning two is success and winning the trophy that provides a direct route to that of attaining 2nd 3rd or 4th is more successful IMO.