Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good game that and a good win!

Yep, very good game. Congrats Spurs.

yes first time on this forum, soooo happy to see this win

A surprise this wasas but welcome none the less....:rolleyes:

Great second half comeback in this one.....Jenas stood out for his defensive work Bale again and VDV well simply superb....and the penalty free kick....I'm still laughing now!!

:lol:

Well done the whole team showed real character to produce 45mins like that . Chuffed to bits!!!

B)

yep well done to your lads !

tale of two halves, with arsenal putting in yet another lack luster complacent performance in. all credit to spurs for coming back they way they did and deserved the win in the end. the gunners had their chances and didnt have that killer instinct to finish the job off.

knew i shouldnt have had those cumberland pork sausages for breakfast. bad omen ! laugh.gif

on a side note never seen bangkok so quite in the bars and pubs for such a game and why is it i always get stuck sat next to some <deleted> manc united know it all c@#$ that can never keep his mouth shut for more than 30 seconds throughout the whole bloody game. mad.gif

yep well done to your lads !

tale of two halves, with arsenal putting in yet another lack luster complacent performance in. all credit to spurs for coming back they way they did and deserved the win in the end. the gunners had their chances and didnt have that killer instinct to finish the job off.

knew i shouldnt have had those cumberland pork sausages for breakfast. bad omen ! laugh.gif

on a side note never seen bangkok so quite in the bars and pubs for such a game and why is it i always get stuck sat next to some <deleted> manc united know it all c@#$ that can never keep his mouth shut for more than 30 seconds throughout the whole bloody game. mad.gif

Yery sporting of ya tigerfish.....not to worry about the mancs....I'll try to be in Bangers for the reverse.....none of 'em will sit anywhere near me.....

The noise puts 'em off....."I wanna be in that number...!"

:D

, Arsenal in the 1st half they were just oh so much better than us, walking through our midfield and defence at will. At half time I was preparing for the worst. 4 5 or even six seemed on the horizon But what a difference a half time talk and a substitution makes. .In the end, a battle and once in a battle Arsenal dont seem 2 b able 2 handle it, what a fabulous result. Big up the lads.

William Gallas was the man of the match IMHO. He really stood up as did Kaboul.

That win will give us huge self belief thats been lacking for a long time but i wish 'Arry would stop talking about winning the title. That Wengers job afterall.;)

Very impressive considering our injury list. We need dawson back asap because gallas will be needing a rest very soon or he'll get crocked

I would hope that the manager addresses what happened in the first half. We are not going to get away with that very often. We were supposed to be keeping it tight and instead we left gaping holes in our midfield.

I don't want to in any way take anything from a wonderful effort, but to get to the next level this has got to stop happening.

Edited by carmine

Yeah, that b@sterd Gallas was wooden for us last season and I was glad we sold him. Thought you lot bought a pup. B@sterd!

Wenger aint going to forget that toys out of the pram moment. At least a million showings over the next 5 years. It will be his epitaph at Arsenal - maybe next season if not this.

the things some of the girls come out with out here just crack me up sometimes !

got to share this one with you. put a smile right back on my face !

just been chatting to the wife about last nights games. as she asked how things went , trying to show an interest . so i went into the fact that there were quite a few slip ups and about the impact that its had on the standings in the table. man utd now having the same amount of points as chelsea , arsenal now down to third again with city yet to play and all that.

she then turns and inquires "so what about sperms (spurs) ? laugh.gif been chuckling to myself ever since !

just got to get my 1 and half year daughter in on the act now. biggrin.gif

Its a wonderful achievement to reach the second round of the CL at the first opportunity. More than that though was the way we bossed this game. So impressed with the team this week....bring on the scousers!

Over the moon at the moment ...players returning from injury.....competition for places....and to top it all 'Arry talking about a couple of signings hopefully in January......fantastic!!

:)

Its a wonderful achievement to reach the second round of the CL at the first opportunity. More than that though was the way we bossed this game. So impressed with the team this week....bring on the scousers!

Over the moon at the moment ...players returning from injury.....competition for places....and to top it all 'Arry talking about a couple of signings hopefully in January......fantastic!!

:)

your arrys been talking about a lot lately. saw him commenting on the bbc sports page yesterday about the up and coming ashes series between england and australia. what next ? a place on the britains got talent panel, next p.m., head rabbi of the u.k. ! laugh.gif

yeah good win btw the way last night, bossed it well.

I'm chuffed to bits that we are through to the knockouts. That was too easy mostly because Bremen were aweful. But we do seem to be learning very fast at this level.

Nice to see Palacios playing better. The others all played well but <deleted>....why would'nt Pavlyuchenko take the penalty? Judging from his reaction to Redknapp at his substitution he'll be off with Keane. Sorry to see him go if it happens as i rate him but if we get a "top top" striker we don't three others, two will do.

Kaboul just gets better and better and Sir William of Gallas is playing "triffic!" At right back i'd fell a lot more comfortable with Corluka and BAE is always a worry.

We really need to round this week off with three points next Sunday. Exciting times. :whistling:

I'm chuffed to bits that we are through to the knockouts. That was too easy mostly because Bremen were aweful. But we do seem to be learning very fast at this level.

Nice to see Palacios playing better. The others all played well but <deleted>....why would'nt Pavlyuchenko take the penalty? Judging from his reaction to Redknapp at his substitution he'll be off with Keane. Sorry to see him go if it happens as i rate him but if we get a "top top" striker we don't three others, two will do.

Kaboul just gets better and better and Sir William of Gallas is playing "triffic!" At right back i'd fell a lot more comfortable with Corluka and BAE is always a worry.

We really need to round this week off with three points next Sunday. Exciting times. :whistling:

Yeah good all round team performance aginst a poor Bremen side, Modric is looking more like Ardiles every game, Palacios in the team probaly makes us a bit stronger defensively and his passing was a lot better last night, all in all Appy Days :D.

You're right about Modric and what with Huddlestone being long term crocked its going to be so important for us that he steps up a rung, which he's certainly doing.

The interesting thing that you and i have dicussed Alf is the VDV dilema. it really does seem that as a team we play better in a formation that does'nt really accommodate him. i say this in full acknowledgement that he has been fantastic for us though. We could play him on the right i suppose but to less effect. Still can't get my head round this one.

Congratulations to Tottenham Hotspur who went marching on into the Champions League knockout stage as their fairytale first season in the competition continued with a thumping 3 : 0 win over German Werder Bremen.

You are a gentleman sir. :)

Happy days indeed. :thumbsup:

It does this old fart no end of good to witness this incredible resurgence by his favourite team that have caused him so much anguish and sorrow through so many years.

The win over Arsenal was such a rare pleasure, and Tottenham's progression to the last 16 in the Cl is something special to savour.

For many years, one of my best friends was an ardent Liverpool supporter and I used to suffer in silence whenever the two teams clashed, as it always resulted in a Victory for Liverpool. I have lost track of him for many years now, but if Spurs can rise to yet greater heights and deal a telling blow this weekend, I will shed a crocodile tear or two in memory of my lost friendship.

On another tack, I do appreciate the daily banter which mainly centers upon the skills or otherwise of particular players and I have learned much from your undoubted expertise in these matters.

I also enjoy the friendly criticisms of 'appy 'arry and am sure that he would be the first to have a good laugh. But when all is said and done, and God knows, I too shake my head in puzzlement - 'arry has done incredible things with our Spurs since he came on board, and has brought back a long lost smile to many a fan.

I confess I sometimes wonder how he has done it, but done it he has, and whatever happens from here on in, I will always be in great admiration at what he has achieved with a team that was floundering at the bottom of the premier league such a short while ago.

Edited by Mobi

Redknapp is a magnificent man manager. He has the gift of installing belief and getting the maximum from a players ability.

As you will know from my posts i am far from a fan of 'Arry the man but what he has done at the club in the last couple of years is phenominal and he deserves our respect and plaudits. sadly he does seem to have a touch of the "Terry Venables" about him. Does make me smirk though the way he has the press in his pocket just like Tery used to.

Well done T*ttingham, superb Group campaign..

I hate myself & i hate my life..

:D

'swashbuckling'......'verve'......Just two words used to describe our campaign in Europe this season. Its been a great trip so far and we're the most entertaining side in the competition so far.

Back to the domestic side and we need to start playing like this for 90 mins every game. Its been a good week so far but the test is to continue the form week in week out.

I'm hoping.

Well done T*ttingham, superb Group campaign..

I hate myself & i hate my life..

LOL Cheers.

Funny I never thought of Modric and Ardilles being similar, but now its mentioned, they really are. All we need now from Modric, is to help in a couple of cup wins,and then a European win, funny how things are circular for clubs what was the old spurs thing? when the year ends with 1 was it? 61, 71?

Someone mentioned the need for Modric to step up after H'ddl'ne's injury, well they're wrong, totally diferent positions, time they took what they watch in, JJ's taken Hudd's job and done exceptionally well, bite your tongues those who critised him on here. I hope his injury isn't to serious and he will continue to 'hold' as huddlestone did.

And next up, Lets give those perpetually whining scousers something really to moan at! defoe hat trick anyone?

COME ON YOU SPURS