Tottenham Thread

chonabot

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Highest wages in the league are United. Chelsea 2nd, Liverpool 3rd and City 4th. Arsenal 5th and Spurs are 6th. So you're up there with the top 6 and we aren't top.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

I agree that we have had to spend big on players, that's today's market but some will turn out to be cheap buys. However, we are still not the one's who constantly break the premier league transfer records.

Not sure I understand your point of writing off players at enormous loss

Highly amusin mrboj

Yes City are 4th spending £198m on wages...Arse 5th on £195m on wages....and Tottenham are 6th....

On £100m spent.

Almost half of what you are spending...means nothing of course.

Carmine, I wasn't doom-mongering (though I appreciate there are some who come here to wind up), I believe in the point I made, which was how can Spurs keep a player like Toby when he knows only to well he's underpaid compared to other clubs pay structure. I can only see him moving on.

22 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Highly amusin mrboj

Yes City are 4th spending £198m on wages...Arse 5th on £195m on wages....and Tottenham are 6th....

On £100m spent.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, I wasn't doom-mongering (though I appreciate there are some who come here to wind up), I believe in the point I made, which was how can Spurs keep a player like Toby when he knows only to well he's underpaid compared to other clubs pay structure. I can only see him moving on.

You'd have to be very naive if you think he hasn't been offered our highest wage allowance.  But when you have a player who is as i have already stated, one of the most highly valued defenders in europe its going to be extremely tough keeping him from the likes of Madrid and Barca.

So tell me, why haven't we lost all our players yet, why have they all bar one signed new contracts?  Why is all this clearly the case yet you and the media keeps on and on trying to make something of it and its three years down the line now since Poch arrived and it still hasn't happened!  

the only one who has stepped out of line is Danny Rose.  That was more irritating than worrying because like with Walker, he's very replaceable

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Highly amusin mrboj

On £100m spent.

Crikey Ronnie, that means they can pay each and every one of their squad nearly double what we pay our's and there was me thinking that City's players joined them for the project :shock1::biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

One of the reasons you haven't lost all of your best players is you've been on the cusp of winning the Premier, but time will tell if you are still on the cusp or on the way down.

The major reason we haven't lost our best players is we have them all on long contracts and don't need or want to sell them.

Offer us ridiculous money however and that may change.

Look at the big Spanish teams now....they don't have fortunes to spend right now.

PSG is more realistic in terms of stealing anyone.

The players who can't be replaced are Kane and Erikson.

Sanchez is the next Aldewiereld.

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey Ronnie, that means they can pay each and every one of their squad nearly double what we pay our's and there was me thinking that City's players joined them for the project :shock1::biggrin:

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tottenham were regarded as the 'millionaire club' a while back.

Things change and it is going to be difficult for Spurs to keep up the challenge consistently. 

I ask you, lads; can you see Spurs winning the EPL in the next few years. Liverpool haven't and just look at their pedigree in top flight football.

A lot of the clubs of yesteryear are floundering in the lower levels; Leeds, Forest, Villa, Derby, Blackburn, Ipswich. All have won the League since SuperSpurs last did.

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

One of the reasons you haven't lost all of your best players is you've been on the cusp of winning the Premier, but time will tell if you are still on the cusp or on the way down.

Sorry, but i have no idea what you are trying to say or the point you are trying to make?  Its just ifs, buts and maybes!  

......if you trying to say that we would lose our best players if we were rubbish we'll i suppose you would be right. And then again with such quality players and a great manager were not going to be rubbish are we.

But seriously, is this the sum total of the point you are trying to make?  Sounds to me you're just going on about a situation you would like to see, but has little or no foundation.  Bar that is, that we might well lose a world class center back to one of the biggest clubs in europe?!!

Edited by carmine

38 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Tottenham were regarded as the 'millionaire club' a while back.

Things change and it is going to be difficult for Spurs to keep up the challenge consistently. 

I ask you, lads; can you see Spurs winning the EPL in the next few years. Liverpool haven't and just look at their pedigree in top flight football.

A lot of the clubs of yesteryear are floundering in the lower levels; Leeds, Forest, Villa, Derby, Blackburn, Ipswich. All have won the League since SuperSpurs last did.

The new stadium and the NFL deal is part of a process to increase spending power.  And it ofcourse will.  Its going to become easier to keep up the challenge not harder because were moving into a far higher revenue stream.  The reason for what you have said is the direct opposite direction that Joe Lewis and Levy have taken which is why were light years away from going into a demise.  Its the total opposite

Some of you on here are spectacularly missing the whole point of the new stadium, all thats going with it and why its been done!!  

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The major reason we haven't lost our best players is we have them all on long contracts and don't need or want to sell them.

Offer us ridiculous money however and that may change.

Look at the big Spanish teams now....they don't have fortunes to spend right now.

PSG is more realistic in terms of stealing anyone.

The players who can't be replaced are Kane and Erikson.

Sanchez is the next Aldewiereld.

You're wasting time on this.  Some people avoid reality merely to believe what they desperately want to believe.  He's also conveniently disregarded the huge increase in our revenue streams that will be kicking in very soon.

But all this doesn't take away the fact that you are never going to be able to keep all your players.  United couldn't keep Ronaldo, Liverpool couldn't keep Suarez.  I think we'll be faced with the same situation with Alderweirald, as we were with Bale.  It can happen with world class players.  So what, its not like its the norm

Edited by carmine

43 minutes ago, carmine said:

The new stadium and the NFL deal is part of a process to increase spending power.  And it ofcourse will.  Its going to become easier to keep up the challenge not harder because were moving into a far higher revenue stream.  The reason for what you have said is the direct opposite direction that Joe Lewis and Levy have taken which is why were light years away from going into a demise.  Its the total opposite

Some of you on here are spectacularly missing the whole point of the new stadium, all thats going with it and why its been done!!  

I probably will never set foot in the new stadium. I must have watched over 200 games at the old.

I'm a lover of good, entertaining footy. Footy with style and panache. The best I've seen recently was Spurs 4 - Liverpool 0 under Harry. I am happy to be up there and regarded as an established top six big-club member. 

For a one off season it's not all about money (Leicester) but to keep in there year-in-year-out takes some doing. As was pointed out plenty of once-successful clubs are no longer with us (EPL).

I think you make a good point about the new stadium; in that it will bring in big dosh. Personally I'd like to see Spurs cut the cost of watching them by half. And I'd like to see their matches watched, and appreciated all over the world.

Edited by owl sees all

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Highly amusin mrboj

On £100m spent.

And the fact you spend more on wages than 14 other clubs means nothing I suppose.

Oh and we do it by charging far less for a season ticket than Spurs do. I think Spurs are the 2nd most expensive behind Arsenal.

Oh and Spurs have the most expensive Pies in the Prem. An undeniable fact.

So where is all your cash going? Not on player wages. Not on Pie subsidies for the fans. Nope. Your owner is ripping you all off and taking the cash. Please refrain from slagging our owners off for putting so much into ours, whilst yours is pilfering from you all

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And the fact you spend more on wages than 14 other clubs means nothing I suppose.

Oh and we do it by charging far less for a season ticket than Spurs do. I think Spurs are the 2nd most expensive behind Arsenal.

Oh and Spurs have the most expensive Pies in the Prem. An undeniable fact.

So where is all your cash going? Not on player wages. Not on Pie subsidies for the fans. Nope. Your owner is ripping you all off and taking the cash. Please refrain from slagging our owners off for putting so much into ours, whilst yours is pilfering from you all

Were paying for a stadium thats cost has risen to 1bn.  How are we being ripped off and them taking the cash?  

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Were paying for a stadium thats cost has risen to 1bn.  How are we being ripped off and them taking the cash?  

the stadium costs rising to 1BN plus ,one has to make allowances for 4 BY 2 C/man  and his Henchmen company cash dripfeed ,which own Spuds, Black money,  for troll dunces such as you,

12 hours ago, evenstevens said:

the stadium costs rising to 1BN plus ,one has to make allowances for 4 BY 2 C/man  and his Henchmen company cash dripfeed ,which own Spuds, Black money,  for troll dunces such as you,

Go away you knuckle dragging anti semite.  <deleted> knows how or why you are allowed to post that shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See jamie rednapp has also come out with comments very similar to joe barton's - there is a definite opinion that Spurs are under-paying their players in comparison to the top teams which will bite in time. Carmine?

you are so late with the news (as usual) ,  i posted it a week ago on my tod, but seeing  i am the Chimp with a yellow streak, uummmm!!!!! anyway  Kane   will be  number one on the hit list ,providing   Spuds fail to win any Silverware  ,or if they bottle a C/L place  the ODDS will shorten dramactically,    btw his wages are APPROX  200K a week,  at least 100K under the going rate, (  for a  player who only comes along every now and then ,  he  is indeed  Top Draw )which makes him  a   easier target for the usual suspects, being paid beggars money, for example   C/Sea,s  goal keeper is Courtios,  is asking for 200K right now, Hazard  The  Destroyer is on around 300k,surely that bears some fruit, for the long suffering fools who support a measly 4BY2 C/man owner,who would sell his own mother to stitch up any deal, and Kane,s T/F  money will be  used to help  pay for the new stadium ,and of course a nice percentage will be in 4BY 2 cash drip feed , he is a dog of a C/man who thinks he is above everyone else, where the fact is  a c????....here,s another one troll just for you LOL

Edited by evenstevens

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See jamie rednapp has also come out with comments very similar to joe barton's - there is a definite opinion that Spurs are under-paying their players in comparison to the top teams which will bite in time. Carmine?

So early and you've already made my day.  First you're using Joey and now you're backing him up with Jamie........like i said BB,  atleast you're fun, i'll give you that.  Always welcome on here.

Routine win last night, nice to keep a clean sheet and a lot of players rested.  However, baring that in mind, why was Dele playing?  Anyway, he was crap again so make of it what you my.  Good performances from Llorente and Nkoudou which was pleasing and Winks controlling central midfield

Great to see Kazaiah Sterling get his first senior run out at the age of 19y27d.  Great experience for him.  

Foyth looked good but i just think he needs to bulk up before he starts games.  But no criticism, he's only a teenager after all.

Lamela was not eligible to play in the groups but is ok for the next round.

#Will the club please stop telling us,  as they have been for months,  that Wanyama is training and tell us honestly <deleted> is going on with him#

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

OWL "A lot of the clubs of yesteryear are floundering in the lower levels; Leeds, Forest, Villa, Derby, Blackburn, Ipswich. All have won the League since SuperSpurs last did."

Jesus Owl, there was no need to put the boot in!

And yet you failed to respond to either of my replies to you regards us retaining our players of next seasons increased revenues because you didn't have an answer, don't have a point to make and are posting on the basis of what you'd like to happen rather than a logical take of the situation.  How very juvenile.