Tottenham Thread

chonabot

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

you keep going on and on about one isolated incident 

Was that "isolated incident" just "isolated" to that one week? The next CL game against Roma doesn't count?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/24/police-investigating-serious-assault-supporter-violence-mars/ 

There were also separate reports of scuffles between the two sets of fans outside of a local pub in the area in further ugly scenes that will raise concerns about Liverpool’s trip to play Roma in the second leg.

The violence followed hours of frenzied build-up to the game in the roads near Anfield as the home fans once again gathered to welcome the Liverpool team bus and set off flares.

Roma.JPG

Liverpool hit with more Uefa charges after Borussia Dortmund fireworks

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/18/liverpool-uefa-charges-borussia-dortmund-fireworks

20 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Btw. City are one of the top 5 of all British clubs fans arrested at football matches. 

That's because in Manchester we arrest wrongdoers. How many Liverpool fans where arrested the other week for attacking the City bus? I can't seem to find much detail, meaning your scouse coppers turn a blind eye to their own. Fortunately UEFA won't be. How many were arrested against Roma? Don't tell me, it was all Roma's fault and their 9 fans who got arrested picked on the Liverpool fans.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Here comes the cavalry

Trigg  has chimed in perfectly for you  LOL    plus

In my view  it certainly appears to   the    neutrals such as myself , that  posts calling a spade a spade(and ever so minor footy banter)) which are not in favour of a  couple M/City contribitors on this forum,(particular after  the L/pool  C/L  massacre )  it gets right  up their noses etc etc , be best to loosen up,  pull out the hanky,s and clean your snouts out, and behave like real 2017/2018 E.P.L  champions and enjoy the ride,  Am sure most M/City fans, are doing just that,  a nice late arvo to all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Those flags aren't single use though are they Wilai. We are requiring them regularly nowadays. When was the last time Liverpool needed them :tongue:

Oh look. Plastic flags for plastic fans. The only plastic I want to see is a fork for me pie.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The wonderful Anfield 'atmosphere' for City, Dortmund and others was acceptable and even funny to some the other week. Ironic then that Liverpool are crapping themselves about the Roma 'atmosphere'.

I know a Liverpool fan who went to the final in 84. Gangs of Romans armed with knives were actively seeking out all reds. Good reason to crap oneself.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:04 PM, evenstevens said:

c.sea .arsenal and psg in any order is my call. and not to sit on the fence c..sea are in pole position.due to being a  epl club with a quality squad and cash to enable a overdue clear out of the present deadwood .and poch.s salary would increase by at least three fold..money talks.be very surprised if he stays at spuds under loser levy.s house of cards.just my own views

Pochettino used to play for PSG, but they have appointed Thomas Tuchel (ex Dortmund). Back to Spain, I reckon, if he goes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The wonderful Anfield 'atmosphere' for City, Dortmund and others was acceptable and even funny to some the other week. Ironic then that Liverpool are crapping themselves about the Roma 'atmosphere'.

Actually the history of knife assaults in Rome is truly frightening....a fan could easily be killed next week.

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Actually the history of knife assaults in Rome is truly frightening....a fan could easily be killed next week.

I don't like it at all. Should be played behind closed doors after the incident at home. Asking for trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't like it at all. Should be played behind closed doors after the incident at home. Asking for trouble.

Certainly a case for it and any parent with a teenager going to the game will be worried.

8 hours ago, champers said:

Pochettino used to play for PSG, but they have appointed Thomas Tuchel (ex Dortmund). Back to Spain, I reckon, if he goes.

Arsenal are the only club left amongst my picks for Poch to go to,  as C/SEA have Enrique firmly in their sights,and a far better manager at top level then Poch,and a nice catch for C/SEA if it occurs,  also. Poch is under contract for one more season with Spuds and  with Loser Levy ,the release fee would be a huge one ,but presently Poch is not a happy vegimite at all,  see how it unfolds

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

...................... to commit to phasing out single-use plastics when they move to their new stadium next season.

The club has pledged to get rid of single-use plastics, including plastic straws, stirrers and cutlery, while their retail outlets will no longer offer 5p plastic bags.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11347617/sky-and-the-premier-league-join-forces-to-fight-single-use-plastic

Good because i always reckoned the burgers were part plastic!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Good because i always reckoned the burgers were part plastic!

We're going all hipster with gourmet burgers and our own brewed craft beer available on tap all over the ground.

Let's hope we can bring in some "special" catering for the gooners however when they visit. :w00t:

9 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Arsenal are the only club left amongst my picks for Poch to go to,  as C/SEA have Enrique firmly in their sights,and a far better manager at top level then Poch,and a nice catch for C/SEA if it occurs,  also. Poch is under contract for one more season with Spuds and  with Loser Levy ,the release fee would be a huge one ,but presently Poch is not a happy vegimite at all,  see how it unfolds

If Poch does leave Spurs, which by the way is contracted until 2021

so that's 3 more seasons

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10278970/mauricio-pochettino-signs-new-tottenham-contract

Why would he downgrade himself to arsenal ?

He would defo go to a bigger club than Spurs next like Real Madrid.

He has also publicly stated that he would never work for Barcelona

and arsenal due to his connections with Spurs & Espanyol. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sotsira said:

so that's 3 more seasons

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10278970/mauricio-pochettino-signs-new-tottenham-contract

many thks for the 2021 Poch,s contract info

.but Loser Levy according to reports wants a extension on that contract, and Poch will receive a pay rise from that the lowly paid 5.5  mil a year which is being paid now, plus other leading players are in the same situation as Poch , these contract up grades have been on the table (so to speak)coming up 2 months  and its been a mexician stand off so far  .perhaps Toby is a excellent case that Spuds  are having contractual problems with a few leading  players, all down to not being paid the going rate plus,   until Loser Levy pays the going rate,  their will be uncertainity in the Spuds Camp ,make no mistake about that

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

so that's 3 more seasons

Seriously though :smile: , would Real be interested in a guy who's never won anything as a manager? Can't see it.

38 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

many thks for the 2021 Poch,s contract info

.but Loser Levy according to reports wants a extension on that contract, and Poch will receive a pay rise from that the lowly paid 5.5  mil a year which is being paid now, plus other leading players are in the same situation as Poch , these contract up grades have been on the table (so to speak)coming up 2 months  and its been a mexician stand off so far  .perhaps Toby is a excellent case that Spuds  are having contractual problems with a few leading  players, all down to not being paid the going rate plus,   until Loser Levy pays the going rate,  their will be uncertainity in the Spuds Camp ,make no mistake about that

I don't disagree with much of that and the Spurs players will be well aware they are being paid under their market value as it stands.

Hopefully that will change in the near future as its been the case with Kane's new deal.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Seriously though :smile: , would Real be interested in a guy who's never won anything as a manager? Can't see it.

The main reason I don't see Poch leaving is he has the nucleus of a side capable of winning silverware....it just needs tweaking with a couple of really quality players.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The main reason I don't see Poch leaving is he has the nucleus of a side capable of winning silverware....it just needs tweaking with a couple of really quality players.

I can't see him leaving just yet. He must feel he's close to winning something sometime. ..surely...law of averages and all that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

As for Zidane, he ain't going nowhere. Two CL trophies on the trot and a decent chance at a third.

I doubt Pochy is going anywhere, but if he went back to Spain it would likely be Sevilla.

50 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't disagree with much of that and the Spurs players will be well aware they are being paid under their market value as it stands.

Hopefully that will change in the near future as its been the case with Kane's new deal.

as for Kanes new deal ,perhaps E/S is missing something ,nuffin has been signed     Kane still on contract til 2022.110k per week  no upgrade been given by Loser Levy, same boat as Poch,  can certainly be corrected on my thoughts, Plank

51 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I can't see him leaving just yet. He must feel he's close to winning something sometime. ..surely...law of averages and all that.

Lol law of averages. That flew under the radar. Is that how your planning to get past the quarters in future.

56 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What about the recent reports of a clear out?  Appears he is looking to strengthen with some experienced winners. Rose, dembele and toby goners and wanna.  Stated they are worth 170m but I don't see how. Wanyama 30M dembele 25m toby 20m and rose maybe 50m.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

What about the recent reports of a clear out?  Appears he is looking to strengthen with some experienced winners. Rose, dembele and toby goners and wanna.  Stated they are worth 170m but I don't see how. Wanyama 30M dembele 25m toby 20m and rose maybe 50m.

Toby has a £25m release clause that comes in to effect in Aug 2019

If he is sold this summer he would need to fetch at least £50m otherwise it's better to keep him for another season and take the £25m

next year.

15 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Toby has a £25m release clause that comes in to effect in Aug 2019

If he is sold this summer he would need to fetch at least £50m otherwise it's better to keep him for another season and take the £25m

next year.

Best hope has a good WC then. Difficult to see how you get more than 30M for him cash but a make weight deal may work better. 

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Lol law of averages. That flew under the radar. Is that how your planning to get past the quarters in future.

I was being sarcastic and think I got away with it. 

If we can't get past the quarters, guess we'll have to settle for the Premier; I'll be happy with that.

Can't seeing liverpoo breaking their TWENTY-EIGHT (28) year duck and winning the Premier  anytime soon R2D2, can you?

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was being sarcastic and think I got away with it. 

If we can't get past the quarters, guess we'll have to settle for the Premier; I'll be happy with that.

Can't seeing liverpoo breaking their TWENTY-EIGHT (28) year duck and winning the Premier  anytime soon R2D2, can you?

Lol maybe you should start getting down the temple more and consult the Buddha on the CL. Years of hurt will be drawing to a close and whilst we do need an Arab to get there it shall not be his money that gives us the crown.

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

As for Zidane, he ain't going nowhere. Two CL trophies on the trot and a decent chance at a third.

I doubt Pochy is going anywhere, but if he went back to Spain it would likely be Sevilla.

Sevilla fired their manager today but a replacement already hired. So, no Pochy at Sevilla.:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Good morning could you please supply any correct  information  on Kanes new deal or contract?? very interested indeed , many thks in advance

Edited by evenstevens