Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I bet there's a pub though and your looking at the leafs through the bottom of a pint glass

Nope my 60 hr working week has taken its toll.

The rolling fields can be seen from my conservatory however. :burp:

20 hours ago, jellydog said:

Brazil much more than Argentina I'm afraid. Argentina barely made it out of the Qualifiers and have not been scoring goals (amazing as that sounds). Their midfield is average at best. Add in the loss of their long time keeper Romero to a knee injury, to be replaced by Caballero (!!!) or a keeper without much experience. Once again Messi is going to have to function as a striker and an enganche. If Higuain and Aguero could catch fire it might be a different story, but both have been poor with Argentina for years now.

If Argentina makes it to the Quarters that would be respectable with their squad.

Don't forget the qualifiers are notoriously more difficult in south America due to playing at altitude.  

On 6/8/2018 at 9:17 PM, alfieconn said:

Apparently H has just signed a new contract, can't be true cos he is going to Real Madrid next season besides Spurs wouldn't be able to increase his salary as we don't pay more than 100 grand a week,  anyway i hope it isn't true because we can't afford big wages when we have a 1.5B stadium to pay for and if we do it will probably mean us going skint and the club folding, can things get any worse ? 

Surprised none of the Spurs financial experts have responded to Harry's new pay deal ?

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Surprised none of the Spurs financial experts have responded to Harry's new pay deal ?

I can answer for them if you like;  they are going to say it shows we are no different to the rest of them.  Oh yes and were bleeding our fans dry.

But i distinctly remember posting, (whether they do or not) that we would increase wages when the new revenues starting coming to fruition. And that is exactly what has happened.

Want they won't acknowledge is a club that actually waited to increase the wage structure once we realized our new increased revenues, in other words spend money relative to the revenues we bring in.

Not financial doping,  actually spending what you earn.

We're trying to be a club run financially in a totally legitimate above board way,  like City.?  

In summary;

#WEREGOINGBUST.       Joe Lewis must have signed off the stadium build based on a cost projection made in 2010.   Poch and Harry off to Real Madrid.  Dele next.   Then Eriksen, of corse.  No ones getting the wage increases.  We can't spend anything in the transfer market...........?what a bunch of w*nkers!!!?o

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

I can answer for them if you like;  they are going to say it shows we are no different to the rest of them.  Oh yes and were bleeding our fans dry.

But i distinctly remember posting, (whether they do or not) that we would increase wages when the new revenues starting coming to fruition. And that is exactly what has happened.

Want they won't acknowledge is a club that actually waited to increase the wage structure once we realized our new increased revenues, in other words spend money relative to the revenues we bring in.

We're trying to be a club run financially in a totally legitimate above board way,  like City.?  

In summary;

#WEREGOINGBUST.       Joe Lewis must have signed off the stadium build based on a cost projection made in 2010.   Poch and Harry off to Real Madrid.  Dele next.   Then Eriksen, of corse.  No ones getting the wage increases.  We can't spend anything in the transfer market...........?what a bunch of w*nkers!!!?o

thats all fine with e/s  .but please win some silverware .  then crow as much as you like   .2 small peices in 2 decades you  poor deluded  fool lol

Edited by evenstevens

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

thats all fine with e/s  .but please win some silverware .  then crow as much as you like   .2 small peices in 2 decades you  poor deluded  fool lol

Who's crowing ?????? and about what ??????

I actually thought we were going to get something constructive from bottles being as he is the one who continually goes on about how little Spurs pay in wages, Kane leaving, Poch leaving but no such luck ?

3 hours ago, carmine said:

In summary;

Now all that's left in that rosy picture is to go win something...gulp ?

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now all that's left in that rosy picture is to go win something...gulp ?

Well if we do win the league or a cup it'll be worth fifty times what your hollow silverwares worth.

But i doubt you'll take any offense to that statement at all will you because apparently it doesn't bother you lads what others think about it.  That must be a pleasant fiction.

Now that Bottles' predictions have gone wrong whats he going to move on to now.....the stadium build??

One a lighter note? you mentioned about the what ifs has Sane registered for France, which is a fair point but have you taken a look at their midfield options!!  I think it absurd that he's not in the German squad but its just my opinion.  Bottom line is though that there is some envious depth in some of these squads.  Perhaps the English press should take a step back, look at some of the other countries squads and reign their necks in a bit?

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Well if we do win the league or a cup it'll be worth fifty times what your hollow silverwares worth.

But i doubt you'll take any offense to that statement at all will you because apparently it doesn't bother you lads what others think about it.  That must be a pleasant fiction.

Now that Bottles' predictions have gone wrong whats he going to move on to now.....the stadium build??

One a lighter note? you mentioned about the what ifs has Sane registered for France, which is a fair point but have you taken a look at their midfield options!!  I think it absurd that he's not in the German squad but its just my opinion.  Bottom line is though that there is some envious depth in some of these squads.  Perhaps the English press should take a step back, look at some of the other countries squads and reign their necks in a bit?

1. "Well if we do win the league or a cup it'll be worth fifty times what your hollow silverwares worth."

Don't follow. How can that be? 

2. "what ifs has Sane registered for France, which is a fair point but have you taken a look at their midfield options".

Don't follow. You don't  think Sane plays in midfield do you? ?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Give over man. Your barking mad if you really believe that. It takes being Spurs centric to a new level

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. "Well if we do win the league or a cup it'll be worth fifty times what your hollow silverwares worth."

Don't follow. How can that be? 

2. "what ifs has Sane registered for France, which is a fair point but have you taken a look at their midfield options".

Don't follow. You don't  think Sane plays in midfield do you? ?

I'm saying Sane is a midfielder yes.  An attacking midfield.  He can also be deployed as an out and out wing.

But presumably he can fill in for Fernandinho when he's injured?

Edited by carmine

25 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm saying Sane is a midfielder yes.  An attacking midfield.  He can also be deployed as an out and out wing.

But presumably he can fill in for Fernandinho when he's injured?

I really hope you're not being serious with this Sane is an attacking midfielder malarky, because he's not.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I really hope you're not being serious with this Sane is an attacking midfielder malarky, because he's not.

What position does he play?

Please enlighten me....he's not an attacking mid, so what is he?  I've already stated that he's deployed as a winger at times.  But you say its "malarky" referring to him as an attacking md!!

What is he then?

Edited by carmine

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

If you'd  watched him at all for City you'd see he's  an out-and-out winger.

Well i'm sorry to say but Pep's very much going to be agreeing with my description. But i have neither the time or the inclination to go down this road, i've made a view very clear anyway.

What on earth are we to do with you, BB?  You really don't think he's an attacking mid do you!!!!!

40 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well i'm sorry to say but Pep's very much going to be agreeing with my description. But i have neither the time or the inclination to go down this road, i've made a view very clear anyway.

What on earth are we to do with you, BB?  You really don't think he's an attacking mid do you!!!!!

I typed a long response and this crap website software lost it again...grr...so I'll  just say to be an attacking midfielder would imply the player plays in midfield but Sane plays and stays as wide left as possible  and upfront  - rarely does Sane venture back in to midfield or defence except when HE's lost possession.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Have to agree to disagree on that one.

Fair enough. I thought Robertson was the underrated genius in the Forest sides; i lived in Nottm during Forest's glory days and would go watch them when City weren't at home or playing in the midlands so i saw Robertson alot. Guessing being a jock you saw Cooper more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Fair enough. I thought Robertson was the underrated genius in the Forest sides; i lived in Nottm during Forest's glory days and would go watch them when City weren't at home or playing in the midlands so i saw Robertson alot. Guessing being a jock you saw Cooper more.

Robertson was a terrific player, a bit of a genius.