PM Prayut: Int'l community has better understanding of situation in Thailand

webfact

"As for martial law, Prayut said Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn had asked Russel what the United States would do if faced with a situation like Thailand, in which martial law was necessary to maintain law and order. The prime minister said Tanasak did not receive any answer other than Russel saying he would have to think about it."

The US practically has martial law already. They have indefinite detention, you don't have free speech, criticize a politician where the secret service is present and that's now a felony. The police kill with impunity and no recourse at all. Border checks by militarized police even though nowhere near a border. Show me your papers, where are from, we want to search your property. They bust in people's homes SWAT style, shoot 93 year old wheel chair bound veterans, beat the shit out of old deaf people, taze old ladies and children. Cuff and arrest children in schools and you talk about martial law in Thailand?

Great question Prayut "what the United States would do if faced with a situation like Thailand, in which martial law was necessary to maintain law and order." they've already done it. The fake Boston bombing/DHS drill was full blown martial law.

The US needs the military to overthrow their ass. The constitution has been and continues to be shredded and Obama says it's an imperfect document that needs to be updated.

What Thailand has done makes the US pucker in fear because what has happened here was for the good and it saved Thailand from sliding into civil war and real dictatorship.

Thailand has never overthrown another sovereign country's government, those that the US has is way too long to list here.

Beware cautious who you make friends with, they may turn around and bomb you back into the stone age and steal history. The US has bombed Thailand in the past, I'm sure they would have no problem doing it again. Good on you Prayut, you rock, you're doing the best you can, it's way better than it would have been with the crime family in total power.

Well, that's one interpretation of the way things are!

• Like 1

Either they want it or not they better understand the political situation in Thailand and the reasons Dictatorship was imposed.

Thailand does not interfere with any other country's internal politics so they better do the same.

As about, U.S. senior envoys meeting with former PM Yingluck, the US better look after their own problems and their own administration and not try to ripple the waves as they are used to do in any other country in this world.

I 'm happy the General didn't take him seriously as he doesn't deserve it.

You are perfectly entitled to your views and I will always defend your right to air them. Now have the courage of your convictions, renounce your Greek citizenship, hand in your EU passport and never set foot in the west again. I am sure your new best friends will be delighted to look after you come hell or high water.

His passport is Greek not EU, assuming he is a Greek citizen and not Cypriot.

However, Greece might not still be a member state of the EU soon!

"Prayut quoted Tanasak as asking Russel what the law the US will use to control the situation if it was facing the similar problems."

Let's talk hypotheticals, not reality.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

What a childish clown.

The law would be the US Constitution, which IS the supreme law of the land and doesn't get tossed out and rewritten by each administration.

And, presumably, the armed forces would stand by it's president and government, supporting it and following it's orders.

What would happen if Barry O decided to update this imperfect document of a constitution as he put it? Remove the second amendment for starters?

Who would the military support, the president, congress and senate, the people? Who would state militias, the National Guard, support - their governors. Local law enforcement?

Last time the states and federal government really fell out the result wasn't so good. Highly unlikely the Americans would allow the head of the mafia to be elected president or for the president to be controlled by a criminal fugitive though.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has indicated that foreign countries understand the situation in Thailand better after he explained the countrys road map and direction to U.N. envoys from 21 countries during their meeting on Monday.

good to know... good to know....

whadda joker, harharharhar...

Rumour has it PM Prayyut even quoted that eminent British chap who works for the BBC

""That there was corruption is undeniable; there is plenty of evidence. The generous subsidy was also financially unsustainable."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30928835

Thing is it's difficult to believe Jonathons impartiality anymore, especially after the LM charge against him was dropped as a result of his "closeness to people in high places,"

That's what he said to the US, check out the wiki leaks cables.

... but only eight months ago we had binjalin write

"a wonderful reporter whose ethics are unapproachable"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728289-thai-army-chief-announces-military-coup/page-17#entry7865715

And that comment from someone who isn't a Shin supporter - because he says so!

Look it's not rocket science, this is a military dictatorship.

For whatever flimsy excuse they can find, the army in Thailand have seized power through coups twenty times.

They think it's their priviledge.

They have to learn to stay out of politics.

It's what all the strong democracies went through, learning about democracy through their mistakes.

It's just not possible to have democracy with the military jumping in and taking over whenever they feel like it.

One wonders where Thailand would be now if they hadn't had the twenty military coups.

Cue: all the one eyed yellow supporters to jump in here........

"One wonders where Thailand would be now if they hadn't had the twenty military coups."

That I don't know.

But I do know where Thailand would be without the last.

And that would not be nice

"Prayut quoted Tanasak as asking Russel what the law the US will use to control the situation if it was facing the similar problems."

What a childish clown.

The law would be the US Constitution, which IS the supreme law of the land and doesn't get tossed out and rewritten by each administration.

And, presumably, the armed forces would stand by it's president and government, supporting it and following it's orders.

Even if he / she is a criminal and robbing the country to fill her familie' s and her cronies' pockets?

"As for martial law, Prayut said Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn had asked Russel what the United States would do if faced with a situation like Thailand, in which martial law was necessary to maintain law and order. The prime minister said Tanasak did not receive any answer other than Russel saying he would have to think about it."

The US practically has martial law already. They have indefinite detention, you don't have free speech, criticize a politician where the secret service is present and that's now a felony. The police kill with impunity and no recourse at all. Border checks by militarized police even though nowhere near a border. Show me your papers, where are from, we want to search your property. They bust in people's homes SWAT style, shoot 93 year old wheel chair bound veterans, beat the shit out of old deaf people, taze old ladies and children. Cuff and arrest children in schools and you talk about martial law in Thailand?

Great question Prayut "what the United States would do if faced with a situation like Thailand, in which martial law was necessary to maintain law and order." they've already done it. The fake Boston bombing/DHS drill was full blown martial law.

The US needs the military to overthrow their ass. The constitution has been and continues to be shredded and Obama says it's an imperfect document that needs to be updated.

What Thailand has done makes the US pucker in fear because what has happened here was for the good and it saved Thailand from sliding into civil war and real dictatorship.

Thailand has never overthrown another sovereign country's government, those that the US has is way too long to list here.

Beware cautious who you make friends with, they may turn around and bomb you back into the stone age and steal history. The US has bombed Thailand in the past, I'm sure they would have no problem doing it again. Good on you Prayut, you rock, you're doing the best you can, it's way better than it would have been with the crime family in total power.

Silly boy.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has indicated that foreign countries understand the situation in Thailand better after he explained the country’s road map and direction to U.N. envoys from 21 countries during their meeting on Monday.

Thailand is a unique country.

Thai democracy is also unique.

Back to the OP. Who are these envoys?. I doubt they have the ability to 'invite' the General to the meeting of the general assembly in September. I would have thought such an invite would have to come from the Secretary General or suchlike.

After all, these 'envoys' whoever they are, represent, what, one sixth of the countries in the UN.

It all makes for further depressing attempts to give a false impression of the outside world. I think the General and his spokespersons should button up occasionally, instead of making daily statements about how the world revolves around this country.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has indicated that foreign countries understand the situation in Thailand better after he explained the country’s road map and direction to U.N. envoys from 21 countries during their meeting on Monday.

Rumour has it PM Prayyut even quoted that eminent British chap who works for the BBC

""That there was corruption is undeniable; there is plenty of evidence. The generous subsidy was also financially unsustainable."

Really? Did he?

I bet he skipped over this part...

So this was not about corruption, or the rule of law. It was the culmination of eight months of lobbying by hard-line opponents of the Shinawatra family, who want them purged from politics

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Is that why the U.S Ambassador has been summonsed before dear leader and "DEMANDED" to explain not asked but demanded why he/U.S doesn't understand. Better come up with a good convincing excuse as to why.

Better come up with a good convincing excuse as to why.

or it'll be a week in a Thai military resort for 'adjustment'. thumbsup.gif

Either they want it or not they better understand the political situation in Thailand and the reasons Dictatorship was imposed.

Thailand does not interfere with any other country's internal politics so they better do the same.

As about, U.S. senior envoy’s meeting with former PM Yingluck, the US better look after their own problems and their own administration and not try to ripple the waters as they are used to do in any other country in this world.

I 'm happy the General didn't take him seriously as he doesn't deserve it.

Does Thailand receive aid, military protection or trade deals from the US or other countries ? If so, those countries have the right to question the good general.

If you do not want the US or other countries to be involved in your business, then do not ask them for help.

a whiny delusional, general desparate for attention is not what Thailand needed.

If you have a friend who is an alcoholic, don't you have the right, even a responsibility, to talk to them about their problem?

What a childish clown.

It is also a completely idiotic and uninformed question.

The US has protests all the time. The US deals with corrupt politicians all the time. The generals are under the command of the American people and do not overthrow elected governments.

Which is just another example of how this was an 'intervention' of choice... and it was the General's choice.

Edited by tbthailand
  • Like 2

What a childish clown.

What would happen if Barry O decided to update this imperfect document of a constitution as he put it? Remove the second amendment for starters?

Who would the military support, the president, congress and senate, the people? Who would state militias, the National Guard, support - their governors. Local law enforcement?

Last time the states and federal government really fell out the result wasn't so good. Highly unlikely the Americans would allow the head of the mafia to be elected president or for the president to be controlled by a criminal fugitive though.

Time for plan C ?

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2015/jan/26/plan-c-top-secret-cold-war-battle-plan-bring-unite/

Really? Did he?

So this was not about corruption, or the rule of law. It was the culmination of eight months of lobbying by hard-line opponents of the Shinawatra family, who want them purged from politics

cheesy.gif

corruption, evidence and financial unsustainable and follow up with "it's only against the Shinawatra family"

How nice you can laugh about this. Somehow it may show your level of understanding, lack of it, or just plain denial.

What a childish clown.

The US has protests all the time. The US deals with corrupt politicians all the time. The generals are under the command of the American people and do not overthrow elected governments.

Which is just another example of how this was an 'intervention' of choice... and it was the General's choice.

I do not like or favor the regime. But I do remember the Yingbat. And I do remember the utter incompetency of Abhisit. And I do remember the Bangkok shutdown. And the yellow shirts shutting down the airport. And the cooking show. And the killings. A friend of mine was shot by the black shirt goons.

I really hate the black and white simplicity some try to apply to this situation. Sure I want elections. Sure I prefer democracy. But, who would run? How fair would the elections be? How much influence would the Dubai elephant exert? What would have happened had the army not intervened? Not easy answers. Will Thailand be able to enjoy true democracy in our lifetimes? Adequate education? Less corruption? Competent police? Traffic safety? I sure hope so, for the Thai people, and all of us who choose to live here.

Someone is going to have to step up, and show moral responsibility. Prayuth is not doing that. He is simply enforcing the status quo. But, he did prevent more mayhem. Hopefully someone will, someday.

• Like 1

The US would never be in that situation of Generals taken over a democracy election government. The people would never accept it.

I rather would be very very carefull with such statement....

It is a bit childish thinking about who can and who can not in this days world

Time will show sooner then anybody expect it..

coffee1.gif

Really? Did he?

cheesy.gif

corruption, evidence and financial unsustainable and follow up with "it's only against the Shinawatra family"

How nice you can laugh about this. Somehow it may show your level of understanding, lack of it, or just plain denial.

I'm not laughing about that, I'm laughing at you.

Really? Did he?

cheesy.gif

I'm not laughing about that, I'm laughing at you.

Ah, that suggest the third option, 'plain denial'.

I do not like or favor the regime. But I do remember the Yingbat. And I do remember the utter incompetency of Abhisit. And I do remember the Bangkok shutdown. And the yellow shirts shutting down the airport. And the cooking show. And the killings. A friend of mine was shot by the black shirt goons.

I really hate the black and white simplicity some try to apply to this situation. Sure I want elections. Sure I prefer democracy. But, who would run? How fair would the elections be? How much influence would the Dubai elephant exert? What would have happened had the army not intervened? Not easy answers. Will Thailand be able to enjoy true democracy in our lifetimes? Adequate education? Less corruption? Competent police? Traffic safety? I sure hope so, for the Thai people, and all of us who choose to live here.

Someone is going to have to step up, and show moral responsibility. Prayuth is not doing that. He is simply enforcing the status quo. But, he did prevent more mayhem. Hopefully someone will, someday.

since 1932, the military has run the governments of Thailand more than civilian governments.

So of course Prayuth is enforcing the status quo.

Democracy needs to come as a necessity and not as a fashion statement. Thailand, like most everything they tried to adopt from the western civilization, are usually done with less than half intent. Like most restaurant charge tip, but you don't even get the service to warrant the tip. They do it without understandings what it's all about.

Same goes with democracy. Trying to get in line with the world trends to go towards democracy, maybe required for a successful world trade partner.

But now time has come when exploiting democracy is clear as day, it's time to stop this madness. I nor most Thais would like to see another populist policy that will out do the last rice policy. Promising outrageous scheme and not being accountable or transparent, it's that what democracy is all about? No one wants the politicians to mortgage Thailand's future for their political gains. It's this democracy too?

So I hope Thailand will find it's own flavor of democracy and not be swayed by any one or any country. This is a beautiful country with beautiful people. Serve democracy up Thai style and not in any other way.

there is no such thing as " Thai democracy" every young democracy needs to grow and will go through turbulent times. Every time this process is interupted by a coup it resets the counter to zero.

You mean like USA did with the civil war?