The accident, the missing m/c, the teachers, the policeman and the Director of education....

WhamBam

Good result and some good advice on taking photos of cops, bike, accident scene etc...maybe the phone number of a Thai witness.

Hope you heal quick.

It is a good idea in the right circumstances, I agree.

In pain with a broken collar bone + bad road rash and some shock, taking photos was the last thing on my mind. Plus things happened very fast and I was in the rescue vehicle very quickly.

Thanks for the sentiment on healing thumbsup.gif

No not well done. The police responsible should be reported for obstructing the course of justice and theft. Take their badge numbers and report them. You shouldn't need to get some big shot to sort this out that's bullshit. Saying this is ok is only contributing to the social mess that this country is all ready in. Imagine that you alone farang had to sort this then where would you be? One missing MC and a whole load of bills.

Agreed.

I would think there must be quite a few incidents where this sort of thing happens. So much for the 'law' being on the side of the people.

I would have not got very far as a lone Farang trying to sort this out. Considering the police were denying all knowledge of the bike and the accident, the insurance would have been no good either to claim off as there would be no accident report.

Great kudos to the g/f for persevering with this and to her friends and associates for their help. The m/c is back in our hands and an insurance claim going in.

• Like 1

not a good advertisement for many of the posters. Normal people, have an accident, in any Country and then procedure is followed. With too many posters, always a bigger drama. Always getting rippped off. What does it say about the poster. Not much. . .not much at all.

It would matter not where they were, they'll still be there and they can always point fingers, because they didn't know what to do. TV , the victims.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you have an accident in America, the cops call a tow truck to haul your vehicle away. You have no choice.

In Mexico, if you don't have insurance, the police take you to jail.

Obviously, you were going too fast, Dude.

Slow down. What's your hurry?

SiSePuede, try to wrap your brain around this: In the UK, the general speed-limit in towns is 30MPH == 50 KpH. In the outskirts it is often 40MPH == 64KpH so how the hell can you reckon OP was speeding/going too fast? Or do you believe that laying in your bed is the only safe speed to travel?

• Like 1

Moral of the story, don't try and take a right turn at 65 mph

Na, moral of the story is:

Slow down your reading speed! LOL

I read that (whilst driving in a straight line) - the OP had to make a quick position adjustment

<Snip> "just as I was turning right to avoid some soi dogs at the side of the road, the front tyre blew out. 65 kmph" <Snip>

I guess it could have been written better the the beauty of the English language is that we learn to read between the lines LOL

Especially on TVF he he

In an urban area the speed limit could be anywhere from 50-80Kph. The biggest roads get 90Kph

Aged in my early 40's, I downed my bike in a Tesco Garage in the UK years ago, speed bugga all, it was a sheet of ice, no salt or grit.

Collar bone + a couple of ribs.

I was in such pain it was unbelievable and boy was |I thankful for the gas and air.

I was fully kitted in leathers, gloves, boots + Kevlar. (Full UK winter kit)

I suffered severe mobility restriction and the ER Dr's said I would be disabled and would never be able to comb my hair in the future.

However, the physio at Homerton hospital did a myofascial release therapy and over a few weeks I got all my mobility back.

I was seeing a chiropractor at work (it was free LOL) and she crunched bones as they do but it didn't get better.

At the gym, the physio used heat and light treatment at the site of the break, that didn't help either.

The physio at Homerton worked on my lower back and that actually worked and greater movement/less pain was achieved at every session.

myofascial release therapy is sometimes called Rolfing.

Anyway, stay positive, good luck and get well soon.

To the poster who quickly had his collar bone "reset" and could then ride his bike Wow! I take my hat off to you but that sounds more like dislocation and nothing as painful as a break. A few years earlier a car Tee boned me and nothing broke so, yes I could still ride despite the pain and shock.

With the break I could hardly stay conscious.

• Like 1

I fractured the bone at the top of my arm where it meets the shoulder a few years back. I managed to pick the bike up and get to a seven to call the wife. It was agony driving but luckily it was only a few hundred metres. At the time you still have adrenaline. I remember the next day at home knocking my arm on something and nearly passing out in front of my MIL.

• Like 1

Julia said

"How are you feeling btw?"

Whambham said

"Thanks for asking.

The leg has almost healed. Itching like mad where the new skin is forming under the scabs that are left. I so want to scratch.

I cannot yet lift my arm. It was a bad break according to the orthopedic surgeon here in the UK.

So awkward trying to do everything with the wrong hand."

They say itchiness is a sign of healing. I hope your road to recovery is quick.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you have an accident in America, the cops call a tow truck to haul your vehicle away. You have no choice.

In Mexico, if you don't have insurance, the police take you to jail.

Obviously, you were going too fast, Dude.

Slow down. What's your hurry?

65 kmph ( a little over 40 mph) on a straight road outside of town is not fast. Especially one with little traffic about. Prior to that I had been through Chonburi itself at a sensible speed for the traffic conditions. But there is not a lot you can do when the front tyre blows out, except your best to control the m/c.

• Like 1

Julia said

"How are you feeling btw?"

Whambham said

"Thanks for asking.

The leg has almost healed. Itching like mad where the new skin is forming under the scabs that are left. I so want to scratch.

I cannot yet lift my arm. It was a bad break according to the orthopedic surgeon here in the UK.

So awkward trying to do everything with the wrong hand."

They say itchiness is a sign of healing. I hope your road to recovery is quick.

Thanks, BKJ :-)

Last week outside Fortune Town I saw the police load 3 bikes, illegally parked on the footpath, onto tuk-tuks and they drove away.

Up until this post, I was thinking "Great to see the BIB doing their jobs." Now I wonder what happened to the bikes!

I walk a lot. As far as I am concerned I hope they keep them. Bad enough parking them on the side walk but over half of them go to a bit of trouble to make sure they are taking up as much room as possible.

After you bought your gfs bike from her it remains her pride and joy?......but it's not her's anymore! Obviously Filipinos are more like Thais than I thought.

She has cared for, serviced, cleaned and generally looked after that m/c all the time. When I bought it off her I did not and do not classify it as my sole property, more as 'our' m/c, we being in a relationship.

Filipino teachers do not earn vast sums of money. It was something she worked hard for and paid for. Yes, she loved / loves that m/c. I can understand why.

It is these "emotional attachments" we must leave behind.

Last week outside Fortune Town I saw the police load 3 bikes, illegally parked on the footpath, onto tuk-tuks and they drove away.

Up until this post, I was thinking "Great to see the BIB doing their jobs." Now I wonder what happened to the bikes!

Very interesting story, and I likewise would have trusted the BIB.

As above, not any more!

"SiSePuede, try to wrap your brain around this: In the UK, the general speed-limit in towns is 30MPH == 50 KpH. In the outskirts it is often 40MPH == 64KpH so how the hell can you reckon OP was speeding/going too fast? Or do you believe that laying in your bed is the only safe speed to travel?"

Ipso de facto, he had an accident trying to avoid dogs in the street. Had he been going at a slower velocity, he could have executed the maneuver without causing an accident. Or perhaps he would have run over one or more of the dogs.

Regardless, he was going too fast for the conditions on the typical road in Thailand. He wasn't driving in the UK, where presumably dogs are trained not to cross the road.

Here in Thailand, dogs assume you will avoid them. The country is full of people with good hearts, and the dogs seem to know this...

Edited by SiSePuede419

"SiSePuede, try to wrap your brain around this: In the UK, the general speed-limit in towns is 30MPH == 50 KpH. In the outskirts it is often 40MPH == 64KpH so how the hell can you reckon OP was speeding/going too fast? Or do you believe that laying in your bed is the only safe speed to travel?"

Ipso de facto, he had an accident trying to avoid dogs in the street. Had he been going at a slower velocity, he could have executed the maneuver without causing an accident. Or perhaps he would have run over one or more of the dogs.

Regardless, he was going too fast for the conditions on the typical road in Thailand. He wasn't driving in the UK, where presumably dogs are trained not to cross the road.

Here in Thailand, dogs assume you will avoid them. The country is full of people with good hearts, and the dogs seem to know this...

Here we go again.

Please slow your reading down LOL

His type blew out whilst the front wheel was at an angle (turning)!

Rim hits the road, no grip, bike goes down like it was on ice.

Simple!

Been there, done that etc.

45Kph is no speed at all and I guess the same thing would have happened at 20 Kph