Joel Grey (of Cabaret) comes out later in life

Jingthing

Joel Grey (born in 1932) the famous actor who is now a professional photographer finally decides it's time to come out.

"I don't like labels, but if you have to put a label on it, I'm a gay man." says the gay Mr. Grey.

Previously married to a woman, divorced, with two children.

Whatever he is ... he will live forever in cinema! clap2.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Whoever thought he was straight needs their gaydar adjusted

I never thought about his sexuality at all. I agree not very surprising at all though. On the other hand, he isn't exactly a Liberace, is he?

Based on this, it sounds like he is quite BI. Interesting that he publicly comes out as gay. Why not BI?

“All the people close to me have known for years who I am,” Grey told People “[Yet] it took time to embrace that other part of who I always was.”

Born Joel David Katz in Cleveland Ohio, Grey soon discovered that he had better keep his attraction to men a secret. The son of actor-comedian Mickey Katz says he remembers “hearing the grownups talk in the next room, my mother included, talking derisively about ‘fairies’ and men being dragged off to jail and even worse for being who they were.”

It was then that “I came to realize, along with being attracted to girls, I had similar feelings for boys.”

Read more: http://blogs.forward.com/the-shmooze/213668/cabaret-star-joel-grey-opens-up-about-his-sexualit/?#ixzz3Q9rboeMN

Edited by Jingthing