Jomtien Img TR extension report

FYI

Jomtien Immigration very busy today..

Got there around 11.40 - chap had a look at my papers told me to come back at 1pm

At 1pm another chap checked my papers told me to come back Feb 3 (admitted until date)

No advance extension - have to wait til last day of Admitted until date to apply for extension

Please let us know how it goes on February 3. Having read about some unusual goings on at that immigration office, I wonder what they are playing at with this requirement to apply on the last day of your permission to stay.

Please let us know how it goes on February 3. Having read about some unusual goings on at that immigration office, I wonder what they are playing at with this requirement to apply on the last day of your permission to stay.

Sure I'll update this thread after my visit..

Someone else posted a similar story.

I went to Immigration today at 8:00 and there was a huge line. I was told to come back at 12:30. I dont understand why we cant just drop our documents there and then come back to get them.

how did you get on at 12:30?

I went to Immigration today at 8:00 and there was a huge line. I was told to come back at 12:30. I dont understand why we cant just drop our documents there and then come back to get them.

how did you get on at 12:30?

Took very long again but everything went fine. There is a lot of confusion going on...especially since they are issuing same waiting numbers. Some people have for example the queue number 123..however one of those numbers counts in a different "round" as they call it. Then two folks show up at the immigration officer with the same number on their ticket when their number gets called. The immigration officer then has to explain one of the guys that its not his turn yet...then people argue withe officer for minutes because they dont understand. There is a number on your ticket that indicates how many people are de facto in front of you.

People are fighting because they accuse each other of getting in front of them in the waiting queue. Russians just stand there clueless while the staff tries to frantically explain them what to do in sign language.

Then people from the tour agencies or visa bureaus come. You can pay them 500 THB to do the reporting for you...they get all priorised somehow. I observed 2 conversations where those visa experts recommend their customers to just overstay for a couple of weeks which I find remarkably irresponsible.

Go there in the morning so your documents get stamped. They will write 12:30 on your form then...then you better come at 12:00 again and you will get your visa done surely. I recommend to come on your last day of your visa, as chances are high they will tell you to come again if you have more days left.

Edited by Chriso12

Thanks Chriso12,

Went today, yeah was a little confusing, but from what I observed I was given a ticket number, then there were 2 counter displays on the front desk. Each one increments independently.

When I got there a nice young lady at reception said oh come back at 12:30. I gave her my best happy smile and said I'd already been asked to come back several times she smiled back and said OK you lucky man I give you ticket smile.png

Everyone was smiling. yay!

The actual processing seemed to be going well until one of our Russian friends stalled the whole process and kept 2 immigration officers tied up , then some African looking ladies seemed to think its ok to leave their friend with 4 applications while the rest went outside for whatever reason.

A few Russians seemed to think they can walk right in, sit down at the desk and be dealt with first.. Obviously this didn't happen but seemed to slow the whole process down somewhat..

When it was my turn I wasn't asked any questions, chap took my forms, stamped them and asked me to wait, he said it'd be about 20 minutes. had a quick coffee outside, back in after 10 minutes = passport was ready waiting - got full 30 days extension.

The whole process took less than 40 minutes from when I arrived until I was leaving with my passport. Not so bad - I'd read on here recently some chap spent 4 1/2 hours getting processed

The immigration staff were working hard doing what looks like a very tedious job. They did their jobs very well..